• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Delio said:
Eh really? I thought it cant pass it down anymore once its gone from it's list in the daycare?
I think i read somewhere that (in genv?) it'll keep passing the move that it had as long as you don't take it out and put it back in

Wiseblade

Delio said:
Eh really? I thought it cant pass it down anymore once its gone from it's list in the daycare?
You're right. That's why you should try to keep a close eye on the father when you passing down egg moves.

Morokh

eek5 said:
I think i read somewhere that (in genv?) it'll keep passing the move that it had as long as you don't take it out and put it back in

was already the case in HG/SS.

You can put a level 1 Pokemon with egg moves in the daycare, it can become level 100 and learn all the moves on the way, if you don't get him back from the pension you still breed babies with the original egg moves.

but I don't know what happens if you get the other pokemon out :eek:

Murkas

Still got the Ditto with 31 IV in Sp.Def, looking to trade for a Ditto with 31 IV in anything but Sp.Def and HP.

tumbleweed.jpg

:(

eek5

i have 4 31 dittos (31spe, 31 spa, 31spd/28atk/30hp, and a 31atk/30spatk) as well as a 29hp/28 atk/29spa/28spe ditto that you can have. take your pick

Murkas

eek5 said:
i have 4 31 dittos (31spe, 31 spa, 31spd/28atk/30hp, and a 31atk/30spatk) as well as a 29hp/28 atk/29spa/28spe ditto that you can have. take your pick

Nice, can I have the Ditto with 31 Special Attack?

You want the 31 SpDef ditto I got aswell?

grumpy

Help me PokéGAF, you are my only hope.
I need to evolve my Pikachu into Raichu, but I'm all out of thunderstones. I've used all that I got from various npcs and my Black City is nearly empty so the merchants won't sell me any.

FC: 1592 3892 0510

btw, you are free to whore out my pikachu in order to breed a pichu :p

eek5

Murkas said:
Thanks eeks, nice shiny Ditto :p

Thanks for the extras aswell
np. i got the shiny doing ditto for ditto trades on gts.. the ivs are awful on it though so no real point in keeping it other than its color lol

DarkKyo

Murkas said:
You can transfer them from HeartGold/Soulsilver to Black/White using the Poketransfer. I had a shiny Squirtle which I evolved to Blastoise, looks awesome!

Congrats on the shiny, what is it?
Wow shiny squirtle, awesome! I would have kept it in the wartortle stage, one of my favorites...

I got a shiny misdreavus from the safari zone!

Murkas

Dechaios said:
Wow shiny squirtle, awesome! I would have kept it in the wartortle stage, one of my favorites...

I got a shiny misdreavus from the safari zone!

Ha you must have been shitting yourself, DON'T FLEE!

I prefer shiny Blastoise, Purple skin+Green shell looks awesome.

DarkKyo

You have no idea.. first shiny I ever encounter and its a god damn safari zone battle..

Delicate balance between bait, rocks and spamming safari balls... never going back there again!

Masked Man

I said wow
eek5 said:
you actually like two of the simis? D:

I like all three. Yeah, I said it.
tumblr_lhv3dpXJhy1qdpeouo1_250.gif

Wiseblade said:
So It's been a month, how many of you have developed new favourites?

Well, it's been ~6.5 months for me. ;P Buuuut...

Spr_5b_495.png
Spr_5b_502.png
Spr_5b_512.png
Spr_5b_513.png
Spr_5b_516.png
Spr_5b_522.png
Spr_5b_547.png
Spr_5b_559.png
Spr_5b_560.png
Spr_5b_564.png

Spr_5b_569.png
Spr_5b_579.png
Spr_5b_586.png
Spr_5b_589.png
Spr_5b_604.png
Spr_5b_610.png
Spr_5b_613.png
Spr_5b_620.png
Spr_5b_623.png
Spr_5b_625.png

In particular, Cottonee, Scraggy/Scrafty, Reuniclus, and Mienshao are <333

Gravijah

Dechaios said:
You have no idea.. first shiny I ever encounter and its a god damn safari zone battle..

Delicate balance between bait, rocks and spamming safari balls... never going back there again!

Shiny Miltank in the safari zone. It got away. -cries-

grumpy

Murkas said:
No problem.

Which 14, I may have them :p

My bad, it's actually 13:
Arcanine (again with the stupid black city bs)
Chansey (stupid 1% appear rate)
Scyther
Porygon
Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops & Aerodactyl (Are the sidequests for these available in SoulSilver or was it only a Gen1/3 thing?)
Articuno, Zapdos*, Mewtwo & Mew (I believe I can catch them all in Kanto in SS, right?)

*I got Moltres a couple of days ago by trading a Lv1 Chikorita :p

Murkas

grumpy said:
My bad, it's actually 13:
Arcanine (again with the stupid black city bs)
Chansey (stupid 1% appear rate)
Scyther
Porygon
Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops & Aerodactyl (Are the sidequests for these available in SoulSilver or was it only a Gen1/3 thing?)
Articuno, Zapdos*, Mewtwo & Mew (I believe I can catch them all in Kanto in SS, right?)

*I got Moltres a couple of days ago by trading a Lv1 Chikorita :p

I can trade you Arcanine and Chansey and breed Scyther, Kabuto and Aerodactyl

Birds and Mewtwo you can get in SS, Mew was an event I believe.

I just tried to go to the dream world and it's down. I'm going to assume that the Earthquake put a big dent in Nintendo's plan to release it on time? How are you all getting these pokemon with the hidden abilities if that function is down?
Gravijah said:
Shiny Miltank in the safari zone. It got away. -cries-
Not as bad as the time I fucking ran away from a shiny haunter...

IT WAS LATE AND I WAS TIRED

;_;

grumpy

Murkas said:
I can trade you Arcanine and Chansey and breed Scyther, Kabuto and Aerodactyl

Only if it's not too much trouble.
If you're interested in anything i've got, I can breed you:
All pokes from Gen 5
All 3 starters from Gens 1, 2, 5, Torchic from 3 and Chimchar from 4
Various pokes from gens 2-4 (seen 535, obtained 431 :) )

Birds and Mewtwo you can get in SS, Mew was an event I believe.

arrrgghhh, stupid limited time events.

Murkas

grumpy said:
Only if it's not too much trouble.
If you're interested in anything i've got, I can breed you:
All pokes from Gen 5
All 3 starters from Gens 1, 2, 5, Torchic from 3 and Chimchar from 4
Various pokes from gens 2-4 (seen 535, obtained 431 :) )

arrrgghhh, stupid limited time events.

Got your stuff coming on now , you got any of the following:
Lapras
Magmar
Electabuzz
Pidgy line

grumpy

Murkas said:
Got your stuff coming on now , you got any of the following:
Lapras
Magmar
Electabuzz
Pidgy line

I've got a spare pidgeotto ready, but you must give me ~10 min to breed the rest.
brb, going to wake poor Ditto.

Murkas

grumpy said:
I've got a spare pidgeotto ready, but you must give me ~10 min to breed the rest.
brb, going to wake poor Ditto.

In that case you can ignore Magmar and Electabuzz, I've got their baby forms, just couldn't be arsed leveling them up lol

grumpy

Murkas said:
In that case you can ignore Magmar and Electabuzz, I've got their baby forms, just couldn't be arsed leveling them up lol

lol, I know. "special evolutions" are a pain the ass.

Sorry for the delay, I'm omw to the Pokemon centre now.

O D I N

Hey guys, question about Braviary;

His DW ability, Defiant, says his Attack is raised two stages when his stats are lowered.

If I'm using Superpower, does Braviary get *2* boosts to attack, or does it only count once?

I have an idea for Braviary on a Trick Room team, as his speed isn't very high, but his HP and Attack are decent. Here's what I was looking at (feel free to advise me as you see fit)

Braviary @ Choiceband/Life Orb/Leftovers?
Nature: Brave (hurr hurr)
EV: 252 Hp 252 Att 4 Def (can move around, but I'd like Att maxed)
Ability: Defiant (obviously DW setup)
-Brave Bird/Aerial Ace
-Superpower
-Shadow Claw/Uturn
-Rockslide/Uturn

Uturn isn't needed, but I've always liked having an option of GTFOing. The idea is that he'd be a sweeper, coming in off of a trick room. Since his speed is less than a lot of pokes (to my knowledge), he'd be a great fit. The Superpower is there for a great attack, plus attack boost. This obviously lowers my Def too, but that's why I'm hoping he'd come in and sweep. Stealth Rock is a problem. Rockslide/ShadowClaw for type coverage.

I've been out of the competitive scene for a while, but I just really like the potential this guy offers.

Masked Man

I said wow
The problem is that Braviary hasn't been released yet on DW, making it a moot point. :/ Pretty sure that a few people on Smogon tested the mechanic, however, and found that the boost only applies to stats lowered by an opponent's attack. In other words, self-inflicted stat drops do not activate Defiant.

D-Pad

O D I N said:
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!!!

All I can think of when I see that.

MIGH-TY-EN-GINES-ROAR
TUR-BO-CHARGED-FOR-MORE!

(That's when I stopped watching BTW, fucking Justin getting to be what I couldn't
LLShC.gif
)

O D I N

Masked Man said:
The problem is that Braviary hasn't been released yet on DW, making it a moot point. :/ Pretty sure that a few people on Smogon tested the mechanic, however, and found that the boost only applies to stats lowered by an opponent's attack. In other words, self-inflicted stat drops do not activate Defiant.

Got it. I still haven't finished this game, so I haven't gotten all of the new mechanics down.

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
alien rangers were the best, btw
They were awesome, but I hated the reason for them showing up.

I also remember being confused when I saw that the white alien ranger was a woman. Then I convinced myself that she wasn't the leader of the group.

I was still young.

Masked Man

I said wow
Delio said:
I can see Ultraman as well. He is totally Toku inspired either way.

On the subject of designing the Pokémon, I would love to follow the team around for a few weeks just to see what their creative process is like. I loved the snippet about the starters that we got from Pokémon Pia; it's a shame that we don't have more interviews like that.

O D I N

Masked Man said:
On the subject of designing the Pokémon, I would love to follow the team around for a few weeks just to see what their creative process is like. I loved the snippet about the starters that we got from Pokémon Pia; it's a shame that we don't have more interviews like that.

I'm still waiting for pokemon that look like Muppets.

Oh... Wait...

200px-559Scraggy.png

Delio

Masked Man said:

I liked the interview i read about the design put into Oshawott. It explained the final form well enough (even if most didn't quite get it at first me included)

Okay I'm about to show my noobiness. It's regarding IVs and breeding.

Where do I start? How much stronger can it make a pokemon? How hardis it? How do you know what IVs your pokemon does and does not have?

I have a pretty good E4 team but my sawsbuck really is lacking right now. I really want to be able to use him, and I wanted to breed a stronger one. I just dont know or get how you would do this.

Cromat

Does anyone here do the RNG abuse thing? Is it very hard?
I read the guide and it seems kinda complicated, though I can't imagine it's harder than breeding.
Can anyone give me some advice about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom