• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

Cromat said:
Does anyone here do the RNG abuse thing? Is it very hard?
I read the guide and it seems kinda complicated, though I can't imagine it's harder than breeding.
Can anyone give me some advice about that?
I haven't done it in 5th gen yet, but I'm pretty experienced with 3rd and 4th gens. It's harder than breeding in that breeding consists of cycling up and down for hours hatching eggs, while RNG abuse takes some concentration (and a good amount of split-second timing; this may not be necessary in B/W, though). It's definitely faster than breeding once you've got the hang of it. Plus you don't have to 'settle' for anything.

EDIT: Serperior has an upside-down fleur-de-lis on its stomach, and its collar also forms one from the back. The fleur-de-lis is usually associated with the French monarchy, hence the Snivy line's apparent snobbishness :p

Cromat

Wichu said:
I haven't done it in 5th gen yet, but I'm pretty experienced with 3rd and 4th gens. It's harder than breeding in that breeding consists of cycling up and down for hours hatching eggs, while RNG abuse takes some concentration (and a good amount of split-second timing; this may not be necessary in B/W, though). It's definitely faster than breeding once you've got the hang of it. Plus you don't have to 'settle' for anything.

Well it's more than just cycling... you need to check the IVs, which means you need to level up the hatched pokemon, and then you have to replace the parents as necessary until you get something you can live with.
RNG sounds a lot more efficient but it's kinda complicated to get into it seems :[

Wichu

Cromat said:
Well it's more than just cycling... you need to check the IVs, which means you need to level up the hatched pokemon, and then you have to replace the parents as necessary until you get something you can live with.
RNG sounds a lot more efficient but it's kinda complicated to get into it seems :[
If you're looking at playing competitive Pokémon, you should be bright enough to figure out RNGing ;)
Once I beat the game, I think I'll try making an RNG guide; I can't help you with B/W RNG abuse at the moment, since as I said, I haven't actually tried it yet. If you're willing to settle for doing it on a 4th gen game, though, I can help (I've heard breeding in particular is easier in 4th gen).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I always feel incredibly lucky when I hear tales of Shiny rarity. I've found a wild shiny every gen since G/S, and I play pretty casually
Doduo in Gold
Numel in Sapphire
Bronzor in Pearl
Tentacool in Heart Gold

Masked Man

I said wow
Roto13 said:
Neat. I noticed that Emboar had kind of a Chinese design and Samurott, being a Samurai, was obviously Japanese, but I never noticed that Serperior was distinctly Western. :p

I forget what the original Japanese was (images have been deleted), but I'm pretty sure the term used for "Western" was one that encompasses pretty much anything that isn't Asian. More specifically, I would say that Serperior probably takes most from French styles of design, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to serve as an authoritative voice in that regard. D:
That said, I have a not-so-secret aspiration to work at TPC/Game Freak, so I might be able to ask directly some day. And it's not entirely impossible, either! After all, Vanillite was designed by an American. ;)

Harpuia

I have caught 3 shinys. A Golbat from Crystal, a Psyduck from Diamond, and a Onix from Heartgold. It would've been 4..a Pidgeotto from Leafgreen, but the motherfucker used Whirlwind on me.
LLShC.gif

Taking a break from White, started again on Emerald this morning. Nearly got my entire team wiped out by Brendan's Torchic on the way out of Rustboro.

Masked Man

I said wow
Still no shinies in HG or White. :( Thankfully I have my Pearl shinies to keep me company.

Spr_5b_419_m_s.png
Spr_5b_182_s.png

(Interesting that Bellossom's shiny is closer in color to the original artwork revealed prior to the release of GS back in the day.)

Masked Man said:

That's very cool that certain cultures inspired their looks. Unova's starter pokemon look very unique, and are my favorites since the first generation's trio.

Also, there are some pretty funny battle quotes in this game. "These are not shorts, these are half pants!" and "You were so strong my half pants almost fell down!" reminded me of that one popular comfortable shorts quote.

Oh yeah, I saw this comic in the newspaper yesterday. Sorry if it's old, but I like it. : P

2011-04-03-c5407ac9.gif

Roto13

Masked Man said:
Still no shinies in HG or White. :( Thankfully I have my Pearl shinies to keep me company.

Spr_5b_419_m_s.png
Spr_5b_182_s.png

(Interesting that Bellossom's shiny is closer in color to the original artwork revealed prior to the release of GS back in the day.)
Shiny Buizel is pretty cool. Bet you caught it with the Pokeradar, though. :p

Hai guyz, I don't know if you could help me, but I was looking for an image that I think was posted here, and I already tried to find without success: the picture show all the legendary Pokémon interconnected, and it says what represents each one of them. That drawing was like a representation of the creation of the Pokemon world.

Thanks in advance. :)

Gravijah said:
you shiny bastards need to shut uppppppppp

I've only seen two shinies in both HeartGold and White so far, but I managed to catch both of them. Shiny Golbat and shiny Boldore.

I have a friend who is a shiny maniac, she battles and her entire team is shinies, and she caught shiny legendaries....she's a beast.

Credo

Those of you who haven't gotten a shiny yet shouldn't feel too bad. I've caught one shiny in 10 years, and it was just a Petilil I caught in White a few days ago. It hardly looks different than a normal Petilil.

Spr_5b_548_s.png

The only other shiny I ever encountered was a Rhyhorn back in the original Gold. I didn't have false swipe on anyone, and the attack I was using to whittle its health down had a miraculous critical. =(

Anyone have good dittos that I can use to IV my pokemon. I want to make a powerful eevee team after E4 and I want to get a good IV sawsbuck.

Wiseblade

The Broken Ska Record said:
If you're giving them away, I'd take one.

Also, I have a Boldure at lvl. 27. Should I trade him to get him to evolve, or should I hold on to him a little longer?
Sure, my FC's on the list.

Woffls

Yay! Winter!

Right, I'm looking through my Dex, and apparently I can catch Simisear and Simipour in the Lostlorn and Pinwheel forests? But when I look around the googles it says I can't catch them in the wild. I've been going through encounters and have yet to see any. Am I wasting my time? :s

OMG Aero

Credo said:
Those of you who haven't gotten a shiny yet shouldn't feel too bad. I've caught one shiny in 10 years, and it was just a Petilil I caught in White a few days ago. It hardly looks different than a normal Petilil.

Spr_5b_548_s.png

The only other shiny I ever encountered was a Rhyhorn back in the original Gold. I didn't have false swipe on anyone, and the attack I was using to whittle its health down had a miraculous critical. =(
It looks quite a bit different after evolving.
S7CtK.png

Woffls said:
Yay! Winter!

Right, I'm looking through my Dex, and apparently I can catch Simisear and Simipour in the Lostlorn and Pinwheel forests? But when I look around the googles it says I can't catch them in the wild. I've been going through encounters and have yet to see any. Am I wasting my time? :s

rustling grass only

Delio

Bleh it's becoming far to tedious breeding Deino's and not getting a modest one and constantly having to shuffle the male around cause Deino produces eggs so slow. About ready to give up on Dark Pulse Hydregion :/

Credo said:

Spr_5b_548_s.png

I got the same. So if you guys want a shiny, expect it to be a Petilil!

Anth0ny

My goals:

haxorus.png
9vRgd.png

Japanese Ditto getting worked right now.

Honestly, every shiny should just be a black version. I mean, LOOK AT THAT.

Delio

kk i'm done with this anyone willing to trade me a modest Deino with dark pulse and atleast a 31 in Sp.Attack? I can offer a Swablu with 31 in HP,Attack,Defense and Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom