• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
eek5 said:
oops! i typed the gender wrong. the stats should be right though

did you want a male for breeding dp?

No no! I was just concerned if you mixed them up. I have plenty of DP Deinos now. Thanks again.
3AQmK.gif

quabba

Andrex said:
"You need at least two Pokemon if you want to trade!"

...is this, like, legacy code from Gen 4? Because you can trade from the PC box now and all.

It was probably the easiest way for them to stop you trading your one party pokemon for an egg. Would have been nicer if they had just done that check when actually making a trade.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
quabba said:
It was probably the easiest way for them to stop you trading your one party pokemon for an egg. Would have been nicer if they had just done that check when actually making a trade.

Ah yeah, I guess that makes a little more sense.

eek5

Andrex said:
No no! I was just concerned if you mixed them up. I have plenty of DP Deinos now. Thanks again.
3AQmK.gif

That's the right one. :) Enjoy grinding to evolve it.. i still haven't evolved the one I kept out of the batch lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Busaiku said:
So playing Heart Gold for the first time in months to get the legendaries/starters.
I really don't like this game at all.

Catching roamers is so much easier in the Gen 4 games it isn't even funny...

D-Pad

Busaiku said:
So playing Heart Gold for the first time in months to get the legendaries/starters.
I really don't like this game at all.

At least you're not re-running Platinum! My God, I was going to do Diamond too but helllllll no.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...my Sewaddle with Pokerus...

If I have the EV 4 Atk Item, plus I'm fighting Basculin who give 2 Spd, I'll get...

8 Atk
4 Spd

For every fight, correct?

D-Pad

^ Now what if we get an event where we're sent to an island to catch a legendary (with a catch rate of 3)? I bet you'd miss that Masterball then. :p

Watch Da Birdie said:
So...my Sewaddle with Pokerus...

If I have the EV 4 Atk Item, plus I'm fighting Basculin who give 2 Spd, I'll get...

8 Atk
4 Spd

For every fight, correct?

No, you'll only gain 4 speed. Basculin doesn't give ATK Evs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Busaiku said:
Hey, Black only has one, so I can at least use the Master Ball without hesitation.

If you're trying to get the right nature/IVs, it's hell.

D-Pad said:
No, you'll only gain 4 speed. Basculin doesn't give ATK Evs.

No, he's right, if he has the Power Bracer it'll give those EVs.

Watch Da Birdie

But I have the item on it that gives 4 Atk EVs regardless of the fight, and Pokerus will double that too, right?

D-Pad

Andrex said:
No, he's right, if he has the Power Bracer it'll give those EVs.

Nah, I'm pretty positive you don't get any EVs for a stat if a Pokemon doesn't give them out

> >; *Goes to bulbapedia*

Edit - I'll be damned.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Nah, I'm pretty positive you don't get any EVs for a stat if a Pokemon doesn't give them out

> >; *Goes to bulbapedia*

If it's holding the Power Bracer it will.

Busaiku said:
Isn't it the same as Gen 4?

In DPPt, the Poketch would have a map of the roamers, and you can see roamers on the map in HGSS. In BW, you have to view them on the teleprompter things, which scroll text sooooooo slowly.

Busaiku

Andrex said:
In DPPt, the Poketch would have a map of the roamers, and you can see roamers on the map in HGSS. In BW, you have to view them on the teleprompter things, which scroll text sooooooo slowly.
I mean getting the right nature/IVs.

Watch Da Birdie

EV Training this Sewaddle is going good.

Too bad I'm totally out of money...couldn't buy any vitamins for Speed, so I guess I'll just be starting fresh. :(

Anyway, in 30 minutes:

180 ATK Evs
44 SPD Evs

Not too shabby. Thanks, Basculin!

Why anyone would bother getting good IVs on a legendary really perplexes me.

I guess if you wanted to have an ubers battle, but I would never battle legendaries. Seems extremely boring to me.

Red

Blue_Gecko said:

I guess if you wanted to have an ubers battle, but I would never battle legendaries. Seems extremely boring to me.
Yeah, I feel the same. I'm not really competitive, but legendaries seem kind of bleh. Aimed toward the younger crowd, I think.

eek5 said:
Whoops. Masked grabbed that one :(

i do have this one though:
modest male 16hp 31atk 30def 31spa 30spd 31spe

it'd be perfect if the hp and atk were switched but good overall (15 less hp at level 100 in exchange for better def)

and these ones left:
modest male 31hp 11atk 5def 31spa 6spd 31spe
modest female 31hp 26atk 22def 31spa 31spd 11spe
modest female 4hp 18atk 31def 31spa 23spd 31spe
timid male 28hp 24atk 11def 31spa 20spd 31spe
adamant male 29hp 15atk 31def 31spa 18spd 31spe

If you've still got the modest female 31hp 26atk 22def 31spa 31spd 11spe one, mind if I have it? I'd have to look, but I'm sure I'd have something I could trade you for it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blue_Gecko said:

Many of the legendaries are definitely not uber.

Although I somewhat agree. I wouldn't be using them normally but since Firestorm's tourney allows a good deal of them...

Crunched said:
Yeah, I feel the same. I'm not really competitive, but legendaries seem kind of bleh. Aimed toward the younger crowd, I think.
Knowing Andrex though, he's probably just being a boss; striving for perfection in all things regardless.

EDIT:

Yep.
Andrex said:
Many of the legendaries are definitely not uber.

Although I somewhat agree. I wouldn't be using them normally but since Firestorm's tourney allows a good deal of them...
LIVE TO WIN, TILL YOU DIE!

"Hey! You can have wild double battles in Black/White. But you can't catch anything is both haven't fainted. Oh! And here are two Pokémon that you haven't caught yet. Too bad you can't throw a Pokéball because you lack 'focus.'"

:trollface

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, this gen just showed that Doubles/Triples (especially wild battles) need an overhaul in mechanics. Catching both should be possible damnit.

JVIDICAN

Zoramon089 said:
Ayo, anyone have any male drain punch timburrs for trade?

Your better off with hammer arm if your running the team I think you are.
While drain punch is nice for recovery, the added attack power from hammer arm is much more useful. :)

Butane123

So how do you get both Drain Punch and Mach Punch on a Timburr?

Do I have to give Drain Punch to something from Gen IV that has the ability to learn Mach Punch (I see Hitmochan can do this) and then breed it to a Timburr?

JVIDICAN

Butane123 said:
So how do you get both Drain Punch and Mach Punch on a Timburr?

Do I have to give Drain Punch to something from Gen IV that has the ability to learn Mach Punch (I see Hitmochan can do this) and then breed it to a Timburr?
The Father would need to know both moves. So yes.

EDIT: I could just breed you one if you want. :p

Butane123

JVIDICAN said:
The Father would need to know both moves. So yes.

EDIT: I could just breed you one if you want. :p
If you wouldn't mind, that would be awesome.

Is there anything you're looking for? I don't really have much since I'm lacking a 2nd DS to transfer stuff to this generation, but if there is something you want that I have, I don't mind parting with it.

JVIDICAN

Butane123 said:
If you wouldn't mind, that would be awesome.

Is there anything you're looking for? I don't really have much since I'm lacking a 2nd DS to transfer stuff to this generation, but if there is something you want that I have, I don't mind parting with it.
Nah, don't worry about it! :)

I see that this thread is now going into the community section. It sure as hell won't stop me from posting.

I finally finished rubbing my Ditto and Scyther together and I got two Scyther with good IV stats. The problem is that I'm a little conflicted on which one to choose. I personally want to go with the first one since the HP IV is much higher and the Attack IV loss is negligible.

Scyther - #123(Adamant): 29 / 23 / 30 / 1 / 27 / 31
Scyther - #123 (Adamant) : 17 / 27 / 30 / 19 / 31 / 31

The first one is definitely the most well rounded one in my opinion. I nicknamed him Apollo too.

:)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
-looks at title- noooooooo

Well, if we do end up moving I'll post an "events OT" and it could act as a "portal" to this one (or rather, OT3 more likely) and update that one when new events happen. That should keep this thread's exposure up a little bit, at least.

On a related note, the North American Victini Wi-Fi event is ending in five days.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Well, if we do end up moving I'll post an "events OT" and it could act as a "portal" to this one (or rather, OT3 more likely) and update that one when new events happen. That should keep this thread's exposure up a little bit, at least.

On a related note, the North American Victini Wi-Fi event is ending in five days.

Five days, huh... Hm.

D-Pad

Guess I should start training Frillish.

Battle experts: For a bold-natured Special Wall, how would I want to spread my EVs?

Def, Sp. Def, and Sp. Atk?

HenryGale said:
Interesting. I imagine though it's hard to get a Japanese ditto with good or half decent IVs. Meaning breeding wise I go for one or the other.
Probably. I don't usually go for breeding stuff outside of breeding to get more 'Mons. I still have a Japanese Ditto I got when I was playing HeartGold last year.

Andrex said:

Any word on what's the next event?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Broken Ska Record said:
Any word on what's the next event?

If we follow the Japanese schedule, we'll get a Cubchoo on Wi-Fi next. Seems like a normal Pokemon too, unfortunately.

Busaiku

If I transfer one of the Yellow Forest Surfing/Flying Pikachus to Black (after deleting Surf/Fly), will they be able to relearn them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom