• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrex said:
You can trade anything with any item between Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.
oh shit

This is lovely. So verrrry lovely.

Edit: Yeah, I thought you were talking about gen V. I'm pretty well acquainted with gen IV now since I've logged over 650 hours on Platinum and SoulSilver. My question was in regards to items in gen V.

Can someone attach something like a power item to a pokemon in a copy of black and trade it over to me in pokemon white? Can someone take a power item in Platinum and trade it over permanently to pokemon white/black?

This is what I've been asking. I must've been wording it HORRIBLY wrong.

Gravijah said:
I'd expect something like this:

RSE or Grey in late 2011/early 2012

Whichever didn't happen in late 2012/early 2013

Gen VI in late 2013/early 2014
If grey is 3DS exclusive ill be missing out until later.

If we get a RSE remake like HGSS with updates and the like, I will be on board. Its the only gen I never played and if it is updated I will be there. Thats the only thing other than Gen VI or a donkey kong country returns for 3DS which will get me to buy before a revision comes out.

Gravijah

HenryGale said:
If grey is 3DS exclusive ill be missing out until later.

If we get a RSE remake like HGSS with updates and the like, I will be on board. Its the only gen I never played and if it is updated I will be there. Thats the only thing other than Gen VI or a donkey kong country returns for 3DS which will get me to buy before a revision comes out.

I would be very very surprised if Grey is not a 3DS exclusive. Not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood is very low.

Gravijah said:
I would be very very surprised if Grey is not a 3DS exclusive. Not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood is very low.
I dont see gray having enough changes to prompt me to purchase a 3DS. Not yet anyway.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gray is coming out this year for DS, but will be enhanced on both DSi and 3DS. Book it.

Salsa

Gravijah said:

It wont be exclusive, i bet you money.

edit: what Andrex said basically.

I'm definitely on board for grey. My first experience with a pokemon game after more than half a decade was with Platinum and I absolutely fell in love with the franchise all over again. The standalone games may work well for me.

I'd also be willing to buy a RSE remake. I never played those, but I'd certainly give it a try. I don't expect it to top any of the other games for me though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I also think it's possible we won't see the R/S remakes until after Gen 6's initial games.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
I also think it's possible we won't see the R/S remakes until after Gen 6's initial games.
Started with RS because that is the first Gen that we received remakes.

November 2002: RS
January 2004: FRLG
September 2004: Emerald
December 2004: Nintendo DS
September 2006: DP
September 2008: Platinum
September 2009: HGSS
September 2010: BW
February 2011: Nintendo 3DS

Hmm.

quabba

SolarPowered said:
I still have no idea if items can be attached to pokemon who are traded in the same gen. I know that it is not allowed in gen IV, but I'm not sure about gen V.

Only if there were something in it for me. I'd be willing to trade you some other ones since I may breed a few more. I'm not even sure about what I can get from anyone besides pokemon so I hold on to high IV ones just in case...

I wouldn't mind one, heres what I can offer at the moment anyway.

Archen - Adamant - 7/19/31/31/17/31 (shame its 31 in Sp Atk not Atk)
Axew - Adamant - 31/11/31/4/4/31
Rufflet - Adamant - 31/30/28/31/31/17 (another 31 in Sp Atk :()
Archen - Adamant - 26/26/22/23/26/31
Axew - Adamant - 31/29/31/7/16/31
Archen - Adamant - 31/31/31/12/27/5 (argh speed 5)

Or if theres anything you want let me know and i'll see if I have it.

I'm also chasing anything from the Squirtle or Torchic lines if anyone can help me out with that, got zorua other starters etc to trade.

Delio

I wonder how long it will take for these youtube pokemon battlers to adjust to the english names lol. Ah well i suppose when you have been playing the japanese games since day one it takes a bit longer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gravijah said:

Yeah, the C-Gear is clearly laying the groundwork for a Street/SpotPass upgrade.

Wiseblade

Good morning PokéGAF!

So where would be the best place for farming dust clouds for Evolution stones? I've still got a few Eevees left to get rid of along with some dark Pulse Deinos.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Good morning PokéGAF!

So where would be the best place for farming dust clouds for Evolution stones? I've still got a few Eevees left to get rid of along with some dark Pulse Deinos.

I would also like to know this.

eek5

Wiseblade said:
Good morning PokéGAF!

I think you have an equally low chance no matter where the dust cloud is. It is a pita for sure. All I ever get is gems :/

It seems like there is a 10% chance of getting an evolution stone and 50% of the time that you get an evolution stone it is an everstone.. lol

yeb

The Broken Ska Record said:
Reusable TMs is the best thing they changed in this generation. Now I can use them without feeling guilty.
The most amazing part about this is how it affects breeding. It sure is a lot faster when I don't have to treat Earthquake like a damn egg move.

Also, since people were discussing EV spreads for walls:
http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/defense.html
Just saw this link myself, it seems really useful. It can tell you the exact EV spread you'd need for however you want your wall to be balanced (based on the slider).

yeb said:
The most amazing part about this is how it affects breeding. It sure is a lot faster when I don't have to treat Earthquake like a damn egg move.

Its about the main thing tempting me into getting black/white. Anything that makes the breeding process quicker is a godsend.

yeb

AdventureRacing said:
Its about the main thing tempting me into getting black/white. Anything that makes the breeding process quicker is a godsend.
I hadn't played since DP, and breeding was so bad it almost scared me away from this game. It's so much less painful now though.

Various other things that make it easier:
- Power items passing on an IV 100% of the time.
- Everstone working with either parent (think that's new since DP)
- Easier to check IVs with a place to scale your pokemon to level 50, plus a useful judge
- Way more money for vitamins
- Faster early leveling thanks to the new scaling system.

It's actually pretty fast now. Even leveling the new pokemon to 50 doesn't take long, it's like a trip through the stadiums. The worst part is probably egg moves, and you can just ask somebody for one of theirs.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
If we follow the Japanese schedule, we'll get a Cubchoo on Wi-Fi next. Seems like a normal Pokemon too, unfortunately.

Just to clarify, they said that the event was held to offer Cubchoo--a "winter" Pokémon--to players before winter arrived in-game. (B/W was released in September 2010, so our Unova journey began in "spring.") Given that the international release started players in autumn, I doubt they would bother holding an event to give away a Pokémon that all players can easily obtain at this point.

Wiseblade

Masked Man said:
Just to clarify, they said that the event was held to offer Cubchoo--a "winter" Pokémon--to players before winter arrived in-game. (B/W was released in September 2010, so our Unova journey began in "spring.") Given that the international release started players in autumn, I doubt they would bother holding an event to give away a Pokémon that all players can easily obtain at this point.

However, there are still a bunch of anime tie-in events that we might still see. Or has the dub already passed those episodes?

OMG Aero

Wiseblade said:
However, there are still a bunch of anime tie-in events that we might still see. Or has the dub already passed those episodes?
The dub hasn't reached the episode where Ash gets an egg yet, but Ash has met up with Cilan and Iris so they could do the Pidove/Axew/Pansage event.

Renoir

Man this game is a lot longer than I thought.
Just neat geist @ 63:15 hrs. (noob)
And now its like new game +. Got to catch sages. Nice. definetly worth the buy.

Now questions.

Is HG n SS release this compelling?
Is the this intersting or more goofy?
Why is the nothing in black city, heard I need to go to white first abed steal residents?
Do you get exp in battle subway? I t tried earlier in the game an lost so I don't know what happens.

Thank you for the.help n patience you have given to all of us noobs.

Wilsongt

Beat it last night, roughly 42 hours. All Pokemon in late 40s and early 50s. Darmanitan was certainly my MVP, while Reuniculus got benched for Zekrom and Eeletrik got not action due to not being strong against anything...

I got reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally lucky on Ghetsis dragon and OHKO'd that bitch with Hammer Arm. Everything else was cake.

Masked Man

I said wow
Wiseblade said:

Oh, I didn't mean that they would forego all non-legendary Wi-Fi events; I was speaking more specifically toward Cubchoo alone.

Did they do a US/international release of Goon's Scizor for HGSS?

Wiseblade said:
Good morning PokéGAF!

Do you still have any Eevee left?

I got both BW fossil PKMN, the BW starters, zorua, ditto, and some other PKMN if you want any in exchange.

dc89

shykyoichi said:
Do you still have any Eevee left?

I got both BW fossil PKMN, the BW starters, zorua, ditto, and some other PKMN if you want any in exchange.

Don't want to interrupt here, but could I possibly take the Zorua? I have some Eevee's traded over from my Diamond game.

I'm not sure if any of the natures and whatever is good as I'm not into that kind of thing :X

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
Jellicents base S.Defense is 105, while its base Defense is only 70. By Maxing out the Defense EVs you'll end up with a fairly even S. Def and Def stat.(around 130@Lv50 on mine) Which I found more suiting to its purpose on my team. You could definitely split them up between the too, but I'd recommended investing more into Def if you do.

Not sure how effective I'd be, but you could invest more Evs Into S.Atk and run a move set like so. :/
- Boiling Water
- Recover/ Protect
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
Thank you. :)

dc89 said:
Don't want to interrupt here, but could I possibly take the Zorua? I have some Eevee's traded over from my Diamond game.

I'm not sure if any of the natures and whatever is good as I'm not into that kind of thing :X

I just need any Eevee for the Dex then breed that Eevee for the Eevolutions. Can I have a female one? I can give you a zorua. FC: 2537 2954 9993

dc89

shykyoichi said:
I just need any Eevee for the Dex then breed that Eevee for the Eevolutions. Can I have a female one? I can give you a zorua. FC: 2537 2954 9993

I'll have to breed some more on Diamond I actually have 0 females D:

Shouldn't take too long, I'll drop you a pm when its ready!

dc89

Whats up with getting females from eggs, is it just a really low chance to get a female when breeding male/male?

Must of hatched about 10 so far and they are all males. :/

Roto13

Busaiku said:
So playing Heart Gold for the first time in months to get the legendaries/starters.
I really don't like this game at all.
That's a shame, because it's awesome.

D-Pad said:
At least you're not re-running Platinum! My God, I was going to do Diamond too but helllllll no.
Pretty sure I'm never going to play Pearl again.

Gravijah

dc89 said:
Whats up with getting females from eggs, is it just a really low chance to get a female when breeding male/male?

Must of hatched about 10 so far and they are all males. :/

Well, what are you trying to hatch? Every species has a different gender ratio.

dc89

shykyoichi said:
I can just take a male one and then look for a female in GTS. I think that would be easier for both of us. Sorry.

You sure? I will probably end up trying to get one at some point anyway seems like females > males?

Schmitty

What should I do after the E4? I visited all these towns in the east and walked along the new routes and it seems like there are new caves and such. White Forest doesn't have any place for me to catch anything so I don't know what's up with that.

edgefusion

So, do you guys think a Ditto that had sex with say a Pikachu or something could be accused of rape? Providing it approached the Pikachu like, "Hey darlin', I'm also a Pikachu, wanna get it on?". That's got to be wrong, right?

Ketch

So I just made it to the first sand storm area, right after the 3rd gym. I can't catch a wild Sigilglyph (I think that's what it's called). I've caught everything else in the area, but for some reason that guy always breaks free. I've had him all the way down to less 5hp and Ultra balls still don't work. What gives?

Gravijah

EasyTGT said:
So I just made it to the first sand storm area, right after the 3rd gym. I can't catch a wild Sigilglyph (I think that's what it's called). I've caught everything else in the area, but for some reason that guy always breaks free. I've had him all the way down to less 5hp and Ultra balls still don't work. What gives?

Just has a low catch rate.

Adamm

EasyTGT said:
Low catch rate, just keep throwing balls at it - you will catch it eventually.

Putting it to sleep helps also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom