• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a spare japanese ditto, or knows where or how to go about obtaining one? Possibly someone here has the japanese version of B&W, or HG&SS or even D&P?

I'd sure love to get a shiny Eevee. I've always wanted to be able to breed one, even if it took ages.

D-Pad

This been posted? First I'm hearing of it. Should probably have posted it in the TCG thread but:
Bulbapedia said:
A silhouette possibly of a Pokémon was discovered while rummaging through coding of the recently launched Trading Card Game Online. This silhouette was discovered in the navigation bar on the game's tutorial page, combined with images of the Unova starter Pokémon. No additional information on the silhouette was contained in the source code of the tutorial's Flash file.

Source, Source

Mysterious_TCGO_silhouette.png

Looked for evidence of April Fools but didn't find any.

quabba

SolarPowered said:
I see that this thread is now going into the community section. It sure as hell won't stop me from posting.

I finally finished rubbing my Ditto and Scyther together and I got two Scyther with good IV stats. The problem is that I'm a little conflicted on which one to choose. I personally want to go with the first one since the HP IV is much higher and the Attack IV loss is negligible.

Scyther - #123(Adamant): 29 / 23 / 30 / 1 / 27 / 31
Scyther - #123 (Adamant) : 17 / 27 / 30 / 19 / 31 / 31

The first one is definitely the most well rounded one in my opinion. I nicknamed him Apollo too.

:)

Would you trade the one you don't pick?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Who knows when that will happen. :/

It happened four days after the Victini event ended for them, but I dunno. I wouldn't be terribly upset if NoA decided to pass on this one.

The Wi-Fi event after that one is far more interesting. It gives you an egg that contains either Pidove, Pansage, or Axew (randomly) (based on the anime, those three are owned by Ash, Cilan, and Iris respectively.) It's interesting because no matter what you get, it will have perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. This one happened 19 days after the Cubchoo event ended.

Then after that there's Ash's (ANIME SPOILARS)
Scraggy
, which is like the Cubchoo event in that it's like one you'd catch in the games. It does come with a Focus Band, though.

And finally there's the Wi-Fi Zoroark event which just ended about two weeks ago, which gives a Zoroark that knows Snarl (which is only teachable via the as-of-yet unobtainable TM95.)

Gotta be honest, compared to HG/SS's straight-up legends brigade, the B/W events so far seem very tame. And lame.

The events for Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta still have not been announced for any region yet.
LLShC.gif
We'll probably get one of them and then they'll hand out the others as Wi-Fi events for Gray (which I still think is coming this year, 'nache.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
By some freak accident, I have caught a wild male lickitung with perfect IVs in HP, attack, special attack, and speed.

Monster Egg Group rejoices.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Broken Ska Record said:
Hmm, kinda disappointed by all of those events. =/ At least there were Pokéwalker courses in HGSS.

There were two of those, then they started handing out event legends like candy. Jirachi, Lati@s, Mew, the shiny beasts. Celebi was done as a Gamestop event. The only knock on the way NoA/TPCi handled the North American events is the major gap between August (Lati@s) and October (Mew.) Then from October until January (shiny Suicune.) Up until then it was only a few weeks at most between events.

Gravijah

Earthquake, etc is bound to fuck up all of the current plans. I mean, we don't even have the Dream World yet which is a BIG feature.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Earthquake, etc is bound to fuck up all of the current plans. I mean, we don't even have the Dream World yet which is a BIG feature.

Yeah...

Gray should be awesome though. Assuming another disaster doesn't happen.

So I'm in a wi-fi room with a friend of mine. How the fuck do you trade, or battle, or anything? Everytime we talk to each other all it says is that we're communicating and nothing happens.

jackdoe

Man, I got this off of Amazon for $10 thanks to their deal of the day and a $15 promotional credit dealie I had lying around. Can't wait (though I probably should beat Red in Soul Silver before starting White).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Snapshot King said:
So I'm in a wi-fi room with a friend of mine. How the fuck do you trade, or battle, or anything? Everytime we talk to each other all it says is that we're communicating and nothing happens.

Go to the monitors.

Also it's possible NWFC is being lame. It happens.

Gravijah said:

It sucks but it's understandable. Not that you are saying otherwise.

Questions.

I'm interested in for the first time ever going full on poked. This game has just got me hooked like I never would have imagined. I just finished the 8th gym and have already seen 140 pokemon and caught 133. So I'm for the first time going to finish the regional dex. I want to take the next step and then go full on National Dex.

I have HG, Black and Pearl. If I were to get Fire Red can I send those to Pearl or HG? Is there any way to get the Gen 3 Starters since there hasn't been a remake? Or was it on the GBA and can transfer to the DS ages. Never played Gen 3.

I'm interested in going through each game, completing their regional dex and then transferring them to B&W. That way I'll be way more knowledgeable and will give me stuff to play and work on for ages. Not to mention the satisfaction of doing it.

JVIDICAN

Snapshot King said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Nintendo Wi-FI! :D
:(

Butane123 said:
Alright, well just let me know whenever you're ready.

FC: 4427 0978 6094

It's ready if your still on. :)

jackdoe

JVIDICAN said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Nintendo Wi-FI! :D
:(
Heh. Where I have to switch my router to an antiquated WEP protocol because my DSLite doesn't support the current standard of WPA2 whenever I want to connect online with my Ds Lite.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HenryGale said:
If I were to get Fire Red can I send those to Pearl or HG?

Yes.

HenryGale said:
Is there any way to get the Gen 3 Starters since there hasn't been a remake?

You get to choose one of them to obtain in HG/SS.

HenryGale said:
I'm interested in going through each game, completing their regional dex and then transferring them to B&W. That way I'll be way more knowledgeable and will give me stuff to play and work on for ages. Not to mention the satisfaction of doing it.

You'll have difficulty doing so in Pearl without trading from HG. Even so, without Platinum it will still be difficult. The GTS will become your best friend. And be prepared to spend dozens of hours in the Safari Zone.

Good luck.

Andrex said:
There were two of those, then they started handing out event legends like candy. Jirachi, Lati@s, Mew, the shiny beasts. Celebi was done as a Gamestop event. The only knock on the way NoA/TPCi handled the North American events is the major gap between August (Lati@s) and October (Mew.) Then from October until January (shiny Suicune.) Up until then it was only a few weeks at most between events.
Damnit. I missed Mew. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Trying to decide between Samurott and Jellicent... I think I'm gonna go with Samurott. Much better stats and less weaknesses. I would even say Samurott has a better movepool. And I can't see when I'd really need to be super offensive against other Ghosts...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yea, I know. :(

And Mew is my favorite 'Mon after Growlithe.

It's one of my favorites too. I'm pissed that they only had it for HG/SS though. Jirachi, the shiny beasts, and Celebi were for all Gen 4 games. Lati@s wasn't either but that's understandable since there was an in-game thing for that.

jackdoe

Hurgh. I guess I could always look into that event glitch thing to get Mew. Of course, I need a DS so I can trade from HG to White.
I used it to get Arceus and it works pretty well.

Busaiku

And with that, I'm officially done with Heart Gold.
Good riddance.

Just a shame I can't transfer those Flying/Surfing Pikachus.
I have 10, and they're the only ones left.

Still have a ton of Pokemon I could get though, so if I ever feel like torturing myself, I'll go after them someday.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For a wall I would probably say max out HP at least, especially if you're gonna use Substitute.

But I'm no expert. I'd say I'm half noob half expert at this point. :p

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
For my trick room Jellicent, I went with 252 HP, 252 Def, and 4 S. Atk.
Even with that it can definitely still take hits. Try something similar, or if your really wanting a pure special wall make the Def EVs, S.Def. instead :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
For my trick room Jellicent, I went with 252 HP, 252 Def, and 4 S. Atk. Even with that it can definitely still take hits. Try something like that, or if your really wanting a pure special wall make the Def EVs S.Def. :)

I was wondering if it's also an option to split the defense EVs between the two defenses. Best of both worlds? And max HP obviously.

D-Pad

Thanks guys. What about if I wanted to do a more offensive wall? Is there such a thing? And is it wise, with Jellicent?

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
I was wondering if it's also an option to split the defense EVs between the two defenses. Best of both worlds? And max HP obviously.
Jellicents base S.Defense is 105, while its base Defense is only 70. By Maxing out the Defense EVs you'll end up with a fairly even S. Def and Def stat.(around 130@Lv50 on mine) Which I found more suiting to its purpose on my team. You could definitely split them up between the too, but I'd recommended investing more into Def if you do.

D-Pad said:
Thanks guys. What about if I wanted to do a more offensive wall? Is there such a thing? And is it wise, with Jellicent?
Not sure how effective I'd be, but you could invest more Evs Into S.Atk and run a move set like so. :/
- Boiling Water
- Recover/ Protect
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
Jellicents base S.Defense is 105, while its base Defense is only 70. By Maxing out the Defense EVs you'll end up with a fairly even S. Def and Def stat.(around 130@Lv50 on mine) Which I found more suiting to its purpose on my team. You could definitely split them up between the too, but I'd recommended investing more into Def if you do.

Ah OK, thanks for the tip.

I still have no idea if items can be attached to pokemon who are traded in the same gen. I know that it is not allowed in gen IV, but I'm not sure about gen V.
quabba said:
Would you trade the one you don't pick?
Only if there were something in it for me. I'd be willing to trade you some other ones since I may breed a few more. I'm not even sure about what I can get from anyone besides pokemon so I hold on to high IV ones just in case...

Edit: Now I remember. I always keep two of the highest IV pokemon I have. I use one for battling and the other one for breeding purposes. This is especially important since we can't trade back and forth between gen IV and gen V. I'd be willing to breed one for you if you'd like. It'll be easy as pie to get an adamant technician again using an everstone.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I wonder if we will get two full gens from the 3DS...

Depends on if the 3DS lasts as long as the GB and DS before it. If it's like the GBA, then no.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Depends on if the 3DS lasts as long as the GB and DS before it. If it's like the GBA, then no.

I don't think we'll have another GBA. PSP caused the GBA to have such a short life.

You know, I also want some more quality spinoffs. Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games are good, I suppose, but I'd like something different.

What is the best way to get BP in the battle subway at the moment? I heard it's best to partner up with a friend using Wifi. Once I'm done IV breeding and EV training a couple more pokemon I plan to go crazy in pokemon white.
Andrex said:
Yeah full trading is possible between all Gen 4 games.
You mean gen V, right?

I was under the impression that item trading was impossible between gen IV and gen V.
Reusable TMs is the best thing they changed in this generation. Now I can use them without feeling guilty.
Definitely

I'm going to go crazy with my EV trained pokes at the battle subway. I'm not going to stop until I get every single TM they've got for sale.

Gravijah said:
I wonder if we will get two full gens from the 3DS...
Would be glorius. With gray being end of 11 or ealy '12 coud we get a 3DS pokemon by 13?

Spring 2013 pokemon 3DS is my hope, if not then the fall. Thats enough time for a price drop, as well as a possible hardware revision. Pokemon 3DS and a price drop (as well as hopefully a revision) are the two things I am waiting for to make a 3DS purchase.

JVIDICAN

Reusable TMs is the best thing they changed in this generation. Now I can use them without feeling guilty.
This, the animated sprites, and the the viewing angle :)P) made playing Soul Silver feel ancient when I tried playing it again last week. I can't even imagine playing the GB/GBA games now. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SolarPowered said:
You mean gen V, right?

I was under the impression that item trading was impossible between gen IV and gen V.

You can trade anything with any item between Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.

farnham

Banned
HenryGale said:
Would be glorius. With gray being end of 11 or ealy '12 coud we get a 3DS pokemon by 13?

Spring 2013 pokemon 3DS is my hope, if not then the fall. Thats enough time for a price drop, as well as a possible hardware revision. Pokemon 3DS and a price drop (as well as hopefully a revision) are the two things I am waiting for to make a 3DS purchase.
maybe gray will be 3ds exclusive ?

Gravijah

HenryGale said:

I'd expect something like this:

RSE or Grey in late 2011/early 2012

Whichever didn't happen in late 2012/early 2013

Gen VI in late 2013/early 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom