• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

Gravijah said:
I'd expect something like this:

RSE or Grey in late 2011/early 2012

Whichever didn't happen in late 2012/early 2013

Gen VI in late 2013/early 2014
My prediction:
3DS-exclusive R/S remakes late 2012
3DS-exclusive Grey late 2013
3DS Gen 6 2014/2015
Somewhere in between gen 3 and 4 timings. Maybe we'll get a R/B remake-remake somewhere down the line, too (stretching 5th gen out a bit?). I can't see 6th gen being on anything other than 3DS (assuming the 3DS doesn't somehow flop). I don't think they'd delay it for a new handheld, seeing as that won't be out until 2016 at the earliest. They didn't delay B/W for the 3DS, despite them being only a couple of months apart.

EDIT: When catching Sigilyph, make sure it's not getting hurt by the sandstorm (i.e. has the Magic Guard ability). In my opinion, it's far superior to Wonder Skin.

Masked Man

I said wow
Busaiku said:
Anyone outside of the US happen to have a Jolly Cottonee/Whimsicott that's female?

I'll check; if I don't, I could probably get you one. (I have White, but I got one through the in-game trade.) I'll get back to you after class if no one else can get you one in the meantime.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Masked Man said:
Oh, I didn't mean that they would forego all non-legendary Wi-Fi events; I was speaking more specifically toward Cubchoo alone.

Did they do a US/international release of Goon's Scizor for HGSS?

Pretty sure we didn't get that one, but my memory might be failing me. I was pretty sure we only got the Pokewalker tracks and legends for HG/SS.

Roto13 said:
Pretty sure I'm never going to play Pearl again.

Just wait for the D/P remakes in Gen 6 or 7.

Busaiku

Masked Man said:
I'll check; if I don't, I could probably get you one. (I have White, but I got one through the in-game trade.) I'll get back to you after class if no one else can get you one in the meantime.
Cool, thanks a lot.

quabba said:
I wouldn't mind one, heres what I can offer at the moment anyway.

Archen - Adamant - 7/19/31/31/17/31 (shame its 31 in Sp Atk not Atk)
Axew - Adamant - 31/11/31/4/4/31
Rufflet - Adamant - 31/30/28/31/31/17 (another 31 in Sp Atk :()
Archen - Adamant - 26/26/22/23/26/31
Axew - Adamant - 31/29/31/7/16/31
Archen - Adamant - 31/31/31/12/27/5 (argh speed 5)

Or if theres anything you want let me know and i'll see if I have it.

I'm also chasing anything from the Squirtle or Torchic lines if anyone can help me out with that, got zorua other starters etc to trade.
I'd love to take that Axew off your hands and I could give you a Scyther right now for it. Is there anything at all that you would trade for that Archen too? I've got lots of high IV pokes sitting around and I wouldn't know where to start. I dont' have any squirtle or torchic unfortunately.

I know I've got a few outstanding Hippopotas, Gligars and Trapinch. I've also got a fully IV bred and evolved Jolteon with great IV, a modest Starmie with some pretty great IV and a Dragonair with some pretty great IV. Any of these could work well for breeding puporses(I plan to breed that Archen for a better one myself. I could work on getting the IV for these pokemon if you'd like. I don't have them all cataloged since I didn't plan on using them.

Edit: I'd love one of those Dark pulse Deino, Wiseblade. Are you just giving them away or do you need something in return?

Delio

I really wanna be bold and try using that Snowflake pokemon. Thing is i hate that it cant breed thus i just better hope i get a wild one with good Ivs D:

Wiseblade

SolarPowered said:
Edit: I'd love one of those Dark pulse Deino, Wiseblade. Are you just giving them away or do you need something in return?

I'm not looking for anything in particular, although I won't say no to a rufflet.

W1SSY

Finn said:
Anyone looking to unload a Tepig, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle?
I have tepig and squirtle I can trade you. Not bulbasaur. If you have some other previous starters I would love to trade for those otherwise anything would do.

Finn

W1SSY said:
I have tepig and squirtle I can trade you. Not bulbasaur. If you have some other previous starters I would love to trade for those otherwise anything would do.
I can breed you a Charmander? PM me. :)

upandaway

Sheer Force is only on positive effects, right?

Would be kinda silly to get the 1.3 boost + get rid of negative effects...

If a Pokémon with Sheer Force is holding a Life Orb and uses an attack that would be boosted by Sheer Force, then the move gains both boosts but the user does not receive the Life Orb recoil damage.
I uh WHAT?

What the fuck?!

These are just a few of my level one high IV pokes, Quabba. They're not amazing, but there are a few good ones here and there that can make some high level stuff if you are willing to breed(I also had their IV recorded so I figured it'd be easier on me). The Jolteon and other ones that I mentioned above are still there if you'd like one of those instead. I'll also take off any of my nicknames if you want them with their regular names. I can let go of any of these for that Archen I put in bold earlier. I'll give you the Scyther for that Axew I put in bold.

Unkown IV(still very high though) :
Jolteon
Hippopotas(lots of these)
Dragonair

Known IV:
Starmie - #121 (Modest) : 6 / 27 / 31 / 25 / 20 / 31
Trapinch - #328 (Adamant): 28 / 19 / 25 / 31 / 3 / 31
Gligar - #207 (Adamant): 31 / 21 / 9 / 1 / 31 / 31
Gligar - #207 (Jolly): 31 / 3 / 4 / 22 / 23 / 31
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 2 / 28 / 27 / 29 / 31 / 31 Apollo
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 31 / 26 / 14 / 12 / 31 / 31 Gamma
Heracross - #214 (Adamant) : 21 / 31 / 27 / 3 / 13 / 31 Starbuck

Wiseblade

upandaway said:
Sheer Force is only on positive effects, right?

Would be kinda silly to get the 1.3 boost + get rid of negative effects...

I uh WHAT?

What the fuck?!
Yeah, if you strap a Life Orb to a Sheer Force Damanitan, it'll rip through almost anything.

W1SSY

JVIDICAN said:
Anyone need something bred? :p
I'm looking for some of the previous generation starters if you have any of those you could breed for me. I already have a couple like squirtle, charmander, piplup, and all from this generation.

JVIDICAN

W1SSY said:
I'm looking for some of the previous generation starters if you have any of those you could breed for me. I already have a couple like squirtle, charmander, piplup, and all from this generation.
Sure! :D
I can get you any that you need. :)

Wiseblade

SolarPowered said:
I'll trade you the rufflet right now if you'd like.
OK, I'm heading online now.

My Hydreigon has been tearing up random battle (although I haven't used dark pulse once). Thanks Delio!

W1SSY

I don't know how many you would be willing to breed but the ones I need are bulbasaur, cyndaquil, totodile,treecko, torchic, mudkip, turtwig, and chimchar.

Anything you need in specific that I could see if I have?

Delio

Wiseblade said:
OK, I'm heading online now.

My Hydreigon has been tearing up random battle (although I haven't used dark pulse once). Thanks Delio!

Hah no Thank you! My Hydreigon has been having the same results thanks to your efforts.

W1SSY

I have two boxes full of axews and only one so far has been adamant. I cannot decide if I want to continue to go for a shiny or just try to get a really good IV/ nature one.

Butane123

W1SSY said:
I have two boxes full of axews and only one so far has been adamant. I cannot decide if I want to continue to go for a shiny or just try to get a really good IV/ nature one.
Having the nature that boosts the stat is better than having a good IV and neutral stat.

Are you using an everstone to make passing on an adamant nature easier?

W1SSY

I didn't have a ditto or axew evolution that had the adamant nature until I got this one so I guess I could give it an everstone to boost my chances and breed it.

W1SSY said:
You should add an everstone. God help you if you are using it already.

W1SSY said:

I'll take one of those rejects lol.

JVIDICAN

Butane123 said:
Give me a few minutes and I can see if I can get on now. Playing Wi-Fi line on the Battle Subway right now.
I'm doing homework and then I have class until 10PM tonight. >_<
It'll probably have to wait till after that.

Butane123

JVIDICAN said:
I'm doing homework and then I have class until 10PM tonight. >_<
It'll probably have to wait till after that.
Alright, no problem. I understand considering that this is the first day in about 5 weeks that I haven't really had anything to do in terms of classwork.

Renoir

Renoir said:
Man this game is a lot longer than I thought.
Just neat geist @ 63:15 hrs. (noob)
And now its like new game +. Got to catch sages. Nice. definetly worth the buy.

Now questions.

Is HG n SS release this compelling?
Is the this intersting or more goofy?
Why is the nothing in black city, heard I need to go to white first abed steal residents?
Do you get exp in battle subway? I t tried earlier in the game an lost so I don't know what happens.

Thank you for the.help n patience you have given to all of us noobs.

i checked out game faqs about this and its being vague. It says depending on the time you get to the city you get more people or less people. can some one explain the black city thing to me?

Andrex said:
Gray is coming out this year for DS, but will be enhanced on both DSi and 3DS. Book it.
Man, there is a ton of unknown when I look into the near future of the series.

From what I gather they CAN'T make a DS game with 3DS enhancements. The closest they can do is DSi enhancements because the 3DS doesn't use the same charts. I take it that the 3DS is like the Wii in that it can PLAY last gen games but you can't make a last gen game that takes advantage of it. If they could then TP would have just been "Wii Enhanced" instead of being 2 versions of one game.

So they would have to either make a main line title thats suppose to sell a ton ... on the DS after their latest handheld has been out for a year or 2 in Japan (most 3rd versions come 2 years after the release of the first 2) + the 6 months it would take to bring it out in the West OR make it 3DS only and show what the next gen is gonna look like. (I really don't expect Nintendo to support DS a year+ into the 3DS's life. And on top of that ... this gen is just full of "first" )

Or they could just go right to the next gen instead of trying to make what would be a complete remake of B/W instead of a 3rd version. Or the could just skip the 3rd version and do all that with the RS remakes seeing as they're remakes.

Theres far too much going on for me to say I know anything ...

OH yeah, the reason I came was to bitch about how hard it is to get Power Items. :p
Really, this is pissing me off. I just want to start breeding with out the head-ache by cutting a few steps with power items ... why are they so projected? And because they're so hard to get people only want to give them up for something big. :(

Black-Wind said:
OH yeah, the reason I came was to bitch about how hard it is to get Power Items. :p
Really, this is pissing me off. I just want to start breeding with out the head-ache by cutting a few steps with power items ... why are they so projected? And because they're so hard to get people only want to give them up for something big. :(

Which one do you need first? I can just give it to you, I have all the items I need so I'm not grinding BP for anything anymore.

Roto13

What's the deal with Critical Capture? It's supposed to happen at the same rate as critical hits, but lately they've been happening a LOT more often for me. Since I completed the National Dex, obviously I haven't been catching that many Pokemon, but whenever I do, there seems to be like a 90% chance of it being a critical capture.

Holy Order Sol said:
Which one do you need first? I can just give it to you, I have all the items I need so I'm not grinding BP for anything anymore.
Oh, thanks!

I'm not sure, but I would say Power belt. Found out that my DP Lopunny has full Defense and I want to breed her with some Buneary I got that knows all 3 of the elemental punches and Sky Upper BUT its completely shit IV wise. Its gonna be a journey trying to make an awesome Lopunny given that every Buneary I transfered from DP and got from trades are crap. Really just want to transfer those moves mostly.

I also have a female Scraggy with full Defense that I want to breed those moves into. But I don't think it can learn Sky-upper.

vall03

Roto13 said:
What's the deal with Critical Capture? It's supposed to happen at the same rate as critical hits, but lately they've been happening a LOT more often for me. Since I completed the National Dex, obviously I haven't been catching that many Pokemon, but whenever I do, there seems to be like a 90% chance of it being a critical capture.
I noticed this too when I started farming for Moon Stones from Clefairy/Clefable and Kings Rock from Poliwhirls, for me it felt like 3 in 5 Pokeballs are critical capture. No one has figured out the formula for this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom