• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wiseblade said:
Good morning PokéGAF!

So where would be the best place for farming dust clouds for Evolution stones? I've still got a few Eevees left to get rid of along with some dark Pulse Deinos.

I'll take one if you still have a few. Still not really far enough in the game to give you anything worthwhile for it though, only five badges in >.> (Got tired of grinding and stopped playing for a few days)

quabba

SolarPowered said:
These are just a few of my level one high IV pokes, Quabba.

sure Jolteon and Scyther sound good. The archen and axew were breeding rejects but looking at that axews ivs maybe I grabbed the wrong one out of the bunch when I picked one to train... i'll have to recheck but either way you can have the one I listed. I can't trade until later but my FC is in the list.

anyone with a squirtle or torchic for me? can give you any of the other starters or anything else you might need.

if there are still DP Deinos around i'd like to grab one too, just let me know what you want for it

DryvBy

Ok, I'm playing Black, and the game wants me to travel to the
Legendary Pokemon near Route 4
. Do I seriously need to bike all the way down there or can I teleport? I'm hoping there's a way to TP to previously visited areas.

Roto13

I am amused by the fact that there is a Wikipedia article about Pokemon crime syndicates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_crime_syndicates

OMG Aero

DryvBy2 said:
Ok, I'm playing Black, and the game wants me to travel to the
Legendary Pokemon near Route 4
. Do I seriously need to bike all the way down there or can I teleport? I'm hoping there's a way to TP to previously visited areas.
If you are at a point where you can catch a legendary Pokemon other than Victini then you should already have Fly.

one85x

You should have the Fly HM by now, which will let you teleport to previously used Pokemon Centers. Hopefully you have a Pokemon that can learn it though, because a lot of them disappear during the Winter.

Captain N said:
I am having one hell of a time catching Victini.
I truly thought Victini had some kind of non-sleep power because I ran out of pp trying to hypnotize it. Not once did it ever take effect. :/

So I'm playing this on a 3DS and it won't let me set up the WiFi settings. When I go into the 3DS menu and try to set it up, however, it says that the DS cannot connect to the WiFi point because the encryption scheme is unsupported. I got my DSi online with no problems, so why is this happening now?

Chose a Tepig, by the way. Is Pansage worth training? I just got given one.

Ultima_5

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm playing this on a 3DS and it won't let me set up the WiFi settings. When I go into the 3DS menu and try to set it up, however, it says that the DS cannot connect to the WiFi point because the encryption scheme is unsupported. I got my DSi online with no problems, so why is this happening now?

Did you set up the internet settings for regular DS games? It's the second option under the internet settings. Titled "Nintendo DS connections." Pretty sure that's for regular ds games

and Pansage isn't worth it haha

quabba said:
sure Jolteon and Scyther sound good. The archen and axew were breeding rejects but looking at that axews ivs maybe I grabbed the wrong one out of the bunch when I picked one to train... i'll have to recheck but either way you can have the one I listed. I can't trade until later but my FC is in the list.

anyone with a squirtle or torchic for me? can give you any of the other starters or anything else you might need.

if there are still DP Deinos around i'd like to grab one too, just let me know what you want for it
Alright, I'll get online whenever you are ready.

Ferga

Captain N said:
I am having one hell of a time catching Victini.

i caught victini with a heal ball hahahah
no damage, was going to throw a quickball but accidently pressed heal ball and it rolled 3 times and i got it.

it was hilarious

Swellow you son of a bitch, critical capture fail. Can't believe it took a dozen ultra's to catch it.

Hmm. Still 200 short of a max dex. Looks like I'll be egg farming and trading/begging here in the next few days. :p

Delio

Ditch the Pansage. You get better grass choices very soon.

Delio

HiddenWings said:
You might want to ditch it after your first badge. Note that you should ditch it immediately after said badge.

Pfft Lillipup and your Starter can run circles around that gym.

Chorazin

Ultima_5 said:
Did you set up the internet settings for regular DS games? It's the second option under the internet settings. Titled "Nintendo DS connections." Pretty sure that's for regular ds games

White and Black use the Internet settings of the 3DS, since they are DSi/3DS enhanced. Can your 3DS get online? If yes, then so can White/Black.

Cromat

I'm planning to breed myself a team. So far my plan is the following:

1) Farm for Dittos until I get some with acceptable IVs. This is what i'm currently doing and it's a bitch! First of all, the Dittos are very high level, and my pokemon are level 60ish at the moment, so they're very hard to catch since they kill my pokemon when the balls miss. I know I should just bring a weak pokemon along and let them transform into that.... Secondly, the chance to get a Ditto with a perfect 31 IV in some stat is 19% (6/31) but I caught around 8 and no luck.

2) Farm for Synchronize Abras for the Natures I want.

3) Get a Flame Body pokemon (Litwick?).

4) Choose a pokemon to breed with the nature I want, catch it.

5) Breed it with a Ditto that has good stats while attaching the Everstone so it'll pass down the Nature.

6) Wait for two better offsprings and then replace the parent and the Ditto.

7) Repeat this until I have an offspring I can live with.

Am I missing something? Can something help me speed things up? Will this take forever?

Cromat said:
I'm planning to breed myself a team. So far my plan is the following:

1) Farm for Dittos until I get some with acceptable IVs. This is what i'm currently doing and it's a bitch! First of all, the Dittos are very high level, and my pokemon are level 60ish at the moment, so they're very hard to catch since they kill my pokemon when the balls miss. I know I should just bring a weak pokemon along and let them transform into that.... Secondly, the chance to get a Ditto with a perfect 31 IV in some stat is 19% (6/31) but I caught around 8 and no luck.

2) Farm for Synchronize Abras for the Natures I want.

3) Get a Flame Body pokemon (Litwick?).

4) Choose a pokemon to breed with the nature I want, catch it.

5) Breed it with a Ditto that has good stats while attaching the Everstone so it'll pass down the Nature.

6) Wait for two better offsprings and then replace the parent and the Ditto.

7) Repeat this until I have an offspring I can live with.

Am I missing something? Can something help me speed things up? Will this take forever?

You can do 2 before 1, make it a little easier. There are Munnas with Synchro in the Dream Yard. Catch them, then take one with a good nature on your ditto hunts. Start with yawn, change to your next guy and false swipe. Should be an easy catch.

For 3 you can get a Volcarona with Flame Body and can learn Fly in the Relic Castle or wherever.

Ultima_5 said:

That option won't work (or didn't the first time). Says that the WiFi encryption method is unsupported.

>:-(

EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up about Pansage.
Pan is the scientific name for chimp, with the common chimp being Pan Troglodytes (cave-going chimp) and the Bonobo chimp being Pan Paniscus (chimpy chimp)

Pan is the scientific name for chimp, with the common chimp being Pan Troglodytes (cave-going chimp) and the Bonobo chimp being Pan Paniscus (chimpy chimp)
:eek: Those glorious bastards at Nintendo.

So I'm assuming you get into the
Hall of Fame after you beat the E4 for the 2nd time
? That section of my trainer card is still blank.

Also, is there any way to change my Trainer type back to default? Once you toggle through the list, it doesn't give you the option.

TheOGB

Banned
Blu_LED said:
So I'm assuming you get into the
Hall of Fame after you beat the E4 for the 2nd time
? That section of my trainer card is still blank.

Also, is there any way to change my Trainer type back to default? Once you toggle through the list, it doesn't give you the option.
There's a default?

Fewr

oh wow, thanks for that.

so my friend got on gts with no problems, but for the last three days i couldn't. What gives :s, Nintendo WFC is so weird we're on the same connection :/

The Broken Ska Record said:
In the main menu, select Mystery Gift. Follow the prompts. Then when you're in the game, you get the ticket from a man in the city with the second gym. He's in the Pokécenter.

It never finds a connection when I do mystery gift it justs a red box for signal but when I test my connection it's always fine... :(

Edit: :lol I'm a dumbass, I kept hitting A too fast and didn't realize I was hitting local instead of nintendo wfc. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom