• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
First Gym beaten! Status after battle:

495MS.png
Jormungand, level 11

Ani504MS.png
Dientudo, level 9

Ani506MS.png
Itzcuintla, level 9

Ani509MS.png
Nekomimi, level 10

Ani515MS.png
Lluvia, level 11

Thank God I decided to deviate towards the Dreamyard before tackling this gym. I was severely underleveled. Were it not for Lluvia I would have been a goner.

OMG Aero

btkadams said:
i'm pretty sure they wear the clothes just like the stalk farfetch'd carries isn't actually attached to his body. they must all buy the same brand.
On a similar note, how the hell is Gurdurr allowed to carry around a steel girder as a weapon?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lillipup, Patrat, and Purloin are pretty much all you see till after Striaton City...Tabunne appears in shaking grass on EVERY route. Munna appears in the Dream Yard east of Striaton.

Pidove and Blitzle hang out in the grass on the next route, and Roggenrola, Drilbur (in the little dirt clouds you see), and Woobat are in the cave where you chase Plasma down.

Haha, the Plasma Grunt theme is brilliant. Got my first badge (and my first HM slave), can't wait until I can start catching some decent guys on Route 3.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Lillipup, Patrat, and Purloin are pretty much all you see till after Striaton City...Tabunne appears in shaking grass on EVERY route. Munna appears in the Dream Yard east of Striaton.

Pidove and Blitzle hang out in the grass on the next route, and Roggenrola, Drilbur (in the little dirt clouds you see), and Woobat are in the cave where you chase Plasma down.

Thanks.

udivision

Green Scar said:
Haha, the Plasma Grunt theme is brilliant. Got my first badge (and my first HM slave), can't wait until I can start catching some decent guys on Route 3.
Is it going to take until Gen X before they emancipate the HM slaves?

Watch Da Birdie

One thing I like is that they did a good job at spreading the Pokemon out...only a few Pokemon appear on multiple routes, and every area has like one or two exclusive Pokemon to it.

The beginning is kind of limited with everyone using the basic garden Pokemon, but as you go on the teams become a lot more varied.

Watch Da Birdie

You can't...not until you get to the screen where you actually do the trading.

Watch Da Birdie

The museum makes me wonder just how long after the other games this one takes place

Well...

There are three Gen IV Characters you meet in the game, and only one of them, the youngest, appears to have grown much, so I would say around 3-5 years...

OMG Aero

Roto13 said:
The museum makes me wonder just how long after the other games this one takes place.
It's not long enough that all the previous Pokemon have gone extinct if that is what you are thinking.

Green Scar said:
Caught a Munna! Not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Don't wanna use it for battle, looks a bit shit.
It's evolution is pretty strong. They're quite bulky but super slow. I'm playing white so I went with the Solosis line for my psychic type. Much stronger but still damn slow.

AmICoolYet said:
It's evolution is pretty strong. They're quite bulky but super slow. I'm playing white so I went with the Solosis line for my psychic type. Much stronger but still pretty slow.

Ah, I'm on Black so I've got the option of those lolita weirdos. Eff that, I'll use Woobat or something :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suairyu said:
Oh my. Deerlings have seasonal coats? I'm going to get totally OCD about this and catch one in each season.
Wow, you're at the same spot I am. Taking a little break since I played quite a bit at work.

God, I keep wanting to try new Pokemon. Might swap Trubbish with that Ghost Pokemon I found in the desert. Shame, thought I'd try a poison Pokemon this time round.

Suairyu

Banned
Does poison no longer do damage outside of battle? I'm not seeing the screen pixelation and "BZZK" noise every few steps.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
I may of had more, but you couldn't even take one out!

Enjoy your Stuff!

Oh yeah, thanks! I would have given you something more rare, but I couldn't really think.
HenryGale said:
Caught a shiny! Its a patrat... But still its cool!

Bastard/Congratulations!

Watch Da Birdie

I was looking over the Town Map...and I found it kind of odd how it mentioned the Secret Plasma laboratory on it...

That's the place where you find Genesect via an event, so I don't think you can even get to it legitimately for three years

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watch Da Birdie said:
I was looking over the Town Map...and I found it kind of odd how it mentioned the Secret Plasma laboratory on it...

That's the place where you find Genesect via an event, so I don't think you can even get to it legitimately for three years
I don't see it on mine. Where is it?

Watch Da Birdie

Just got to Unity Tower in my US version (I traded with my Japanese version)

I guess the floors are different in each game...in my JP, Floor 51 was Japan but in my US version, it's 64.

Talking to my Japanese character...he mentions the Purloin I traded him for a Litwick, and then tells me he loves exercising.

Wiseblade

Suairyu said:
Does poison no longer do damage outside of battle? I'm not seeing the screen pixelation and "BZZK" noise every few steps.

They took passive poison damage out. I kind of miss it too.

Also: You can trade Pokémon Online from the PC?! and Offer multiple Pokémon at the same time? o_O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You could, if Nintendo didn't decided March 30th was a great day to launch the service.

Also, with you always being online, I hope they can take it a step farther with the next game and have it so you can do something like know when other players are playing, and send them a notice you would want to trade/battle and such.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Am I the only one who tries to get behind the NPCs and be the one to initiate the battle rather then them walking to me?

I got a Tepig from the GTS and it has the Pokerus. :O
KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Bentendo

I have a question: is a Sandile line more useful if it has better attack stats or special attack stats, because at the moment my Sandile's attack is 32 and its special attack is a dismal 17.

Mr. Sam

Drkirby said:
Am I the only one who tries to get behind the NPCs and be the one to initiate the battle rather then them walking to me?

No. Real men tap them on the back, spin them round and then destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom