• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
BGBW said:
PK, so fossil Bgives you a rock/flying Pokemon but it can't learn fly.

And wait till you're using it in battle and its HP drops below half...

Wiseblade

Drkirby said:
You could, if Nintendo didn't decided March 30th was a great day to launch the service.

Also, with you always being online, I hope they can take it a step farther with the next game and have it so you can do something like know when other players are playing, and send them a notice you would want to trade/battle and such.
There's still a lot you can do, Like use the GTS, trade and battle people on your friends list and have unranked random matchups. It's Dream world and Ranked matchup (stuff you have to link your game to a website to use) that's locked right now.

Bentendo said:
I have a question: is a Sandile line more useful if it has better attack stats or special attack stats, because at the moment my Sandile's attack is 32 and its special attack is a dismal 17.
Attack.

I'm a Pokeasshole. Searching for a double-digit-level Pidove in Route 3, I eventually get bored and settle for a Lvl 8. Next encounter has a Lvl 10 Pidove appear. Cue me catching it, running back to Stratiton and releasing the weaker fucker. :lol

BGBW said:
PK, so fossil Bgives you a rock/flying Pokemon but it can't learn fly.

I think if you evolve it, it can. At least I'm hoping so, since I've had an EXP Share on mine for hours waiting for that moment.

Kuugrr

Green Scar said:
I'm a Pokeasshole. Searching for a double-digit-level Pidove in Route 3, I eventually get bored and settle for a Lvl 8. Next encounter has a Lvl 10 Pidove appear. Cue me catching it, running back to Stratiton and releasing the weaker fucker. :lol

I did this with like, three Drilburs last night.

The Lamp

I can't read this thread anymore. Just one more week until Spring Break, a project, a test, and I can't afford to buy this game right now. But you guys are making me reach towards the debit card and splurge....

The impressions make it sound amazing (I've been playing since Pokemon Blue as well).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

If I got it next week would anyone be willing to trade me a Victini since I believe it's launch only? :(

Kuugrr

Green Scar said:
I've never done it before, it struck me as a bit heartless, ha.

All's fair in love and Pokemon!

Gravijah said:
Hey stupids, just catch what you want and kill some Audinos. Jeez.

Now this is heartless!

I also murdered Audinos for like an hour or more leveling my team.

Forkball

YES I got rid of my error messages. Thanks Nintendo support! What's the difference between GTS and GTS Negotiations? Also I did a random battle and got my ass kicked by a Japanese kid with level 50 Pokemon. I think he was playing Diamond, can we do cross game random battles or is it only via Black and White? Maybe he transferred his Pokemon.

Forkball said:
YES I got rid of my error messages. Thanks Nintendo support! What's the difference between GTS and GTS Negotiations? Also I did a random battle and got my ass kicked by a Japanese kid with level 50 Pokemon. I think he was playing Diamond, can we do cross game random battles or is it only via Black and White? Maybe he transferred his Pokemon.
Only in B/W.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mr. Paer said:
Is the best place to do this right outside of pinwheel forest?

Also when do you get Fly?
After the fifth gym.

World is so small it's quite easy to just travel by bike.

KJTB

About pansage...

He's really weak until you evolve him. I evolved him at lvl 22 once I got seed bomb and now he's definitely keeping a spot on my team

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm so glad that my Google Search for "ringringring ringringring phone call phone call" turned up exactly the ringtone I wanted.

Time to let everyone know I'm playing Pokemon again.

Bentendo

Dipindots said:
About pansage...

He's really weak until you evolve him. I evolved him at lvl 22 once I got seed bomb and now he's definitely keeping a spot on my team

Really? I was about to switch him out when I got another grass type but if you insist...

Suairyu

Banned
Green Scar said:
But if you catch a Pokémon at a lower level and train it up, it's stronger than a higher level Pokémon you catch in the wild!

RIGHT

I want to take a break from the story and dive into some breeding. Gonna cook me up some baby Snivies.

Now, you have to do this at the daycare centre, but I'm worried about my Snivy levelling up whilst there and learning a move I don't want and forgetting one I do want. This is possible in the pursuit of eggs, right? Would it be best to level Snivy up to the point where she can't learn any more moves naturally first?

How long do two Pokémon remain in daycare before an egg is produced? If there is a good level gap until the next naturally learnt move, is this concern not a concern at all?

Watch Da Birdie

Just did some GTS negotiations...I got an Electrike from a Japanese player for my Throh. :)
Then I traded that to a Spanish player for his Axew.

This is so fun just going on and trading for whatever...some people are pretty generous.

Roto13

Suairyu said:
But if you catch a Pokémon at a lower level and train it up, it's stronger than a higher level Pokémon you catch in the wild!

RIGHT

I want to take a break from the story and dive into some breeding. Gonna cook me up some baby Snivies.

Now, you have to do this at the daycare centre, but I'm worried about my Snivy levelling up whilst there and learning a move I don't want and forgetting one I do want. This is possible in the pursuit of eggs, right? Would it be best to level Snivy up to the point where she can't learn any more moves naturally first?

How long do two Pokémon remain in daycare before an egg is produced? If there is a good level gap until the next naturally learnt move, is this concern not a concern at all?
It's pretty much one EXP per step you take, isn't it? So if you're a high enough level, it'll take a lot longer to level up anyway. If you want to be safe and only do it right after you learn a move, that's an understandable precaution.

KJTB

Bentendo said:
Really? I was about to switch him out when I got another grass type but if you insist...

Yep, right now I have him holding miracle seed so along with his decently high attack seed bomb hits like a truck.

I'll probably replace him later in the game once something more powerful comes around... but right now battling pokemon in their low 30's he's holding his own :p

Suairyu said:

RIGHT

Breed til one egg appears. Your Snivy probably won't level up before your first egg arrives. Then remove Snivy, hatch the egg, and use THAT as your "mother". That one will level up leaving yours to do its biz.

Watch Da Birdie

Really wish you could tell the Daycare center not to overwrite moves...

I put my JP Black Starter Serperior in there, and they erased Leaf Tornado from it. :(

Jokab

Started this up recently and I just beat the third gym. It's so much better than the earlier installments (pearl, ruby) and almost holds up to silver's quality.

How many boxes does "SOMEONE's PC" have?

I don't play pokemon to train and kill other trainers. I'm super OCD and aim for the gotta cath em all aspect of the game. and by "All" I mean every one.

My previous games had the boxes labeled as "1-30" "31-60"... and I'd keep an iteration of every pokemon (including it's unevolved form). I know it requires ton's of breeding time and ton's of ditto's lol but I'm crazy like that :p

I'm also dying waiting for my futureshop preordered version to get here!

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
Just did some GTS negotiations...I got an Electrike from a Japanese player for my Throh. :)
Then I traded that to a Spanish player for his Axew.

This is so fun just going on and trading for whatever...some people are pretty generous.

Did you get my PM?

shaowebb

I love my Dewott. It cuts everyone with shells. I named it Twinkie because it's a badass.

If I get a Tepig later I will names it HogsoThoth
If I get a Snivy later I will name it Scabs.

They are so cutes. I loves them all. BRB I gotta go catch em alls now.

written by foofy age 29

How does Foul Play work? It's base power is 95, is that the most it can do or is it what is does plus the effect it has?
Edit: HM Fly :D

Wiseblade

Super_Chicken said:
How many boxes does "SOMEONE's PC" have?

I don't play pokemon to train and kill other trainers. I'm super OCD and aim for the gotta cath em all aspect of the game. and by "All" I mean every one.

My previous games had the boxes labeled as "1-30" "31-60"... and I'd keep an iteration of every pokemon (including it's unevolved form). I know it requires ton's of breeding time and ton's of ditto's lol but I'm crazy like that :p

I'm also dying waiting for my futureshop preordered version to get here!

A Max of 24.

Also, now box names can only have a maximum of three numbers in them.

So how do people normally use their boxes? I used to order by type, but since that's no longer feasible (it wasn't even feasible in Gen IV...) I've moved to a Dex No. system. But that's really high maintenance and unintuitive. What should I do?

D-Pad

shaowebb said:
I love my Dewott. It cuts everyone with shells. I named it Twinkie because it's a badass.

If I get a Tepig later I will names it HogsoThoth
If I get a Snivy later I will name it Scabs.

They are so cutes. I loves them all. BRB I gotta go catch em alls now.

written by foofy age 29

Nah, stick with the Hostess theme you have going with Twinkie.
Tepig -> Zinger
Snivy -> Suzy Q

Suairyu

Banned
Thanks for your help, everyone! Got a Snivy Egg waiting to hatch. Will use that as my breeding whore afterwards, if female.

edit - the bicycle theme is really awesome. Shame it kicks out the moment you transition to a new area.

Roto13

You can thank me for my worthless advice with a Snivy, if you want. :p
Wiseblade said:
A Max of 24.

Also, now box names can only have a maximum of three numbers in them.

So how do people normally use their boxes? I used to order by type, but since that's no longer feasible (it wasn't even feasible in Gen IV...) I've moved to a Dex No. system. But that's really high maintenance and unintuitive. What should I do?
I have one box for PKRS Pokemon, one for legendaries, and then everything else just goes wherever it lands. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom