• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Banned
eek5 said:
awww yeah 6th try is a charm.. lol

Yeah, talk about ridiculous. I don't know how Nintendo continues to do it.

Similarly, what kind of PC do they have in game that you have to sign on separately to WITHDRAW or DEPOSIT a damn pokemon?!?!

eek5

colinp said:
Yeah, talk about ridiculous. I don't know how Nintendo continues to do it.

Similarly, what kind of PC do they have in game that you have to sign on separately to WITHDRAW or DEPOSIT a damn pokemon?!?!
LOL yeah the PC is so bad. Move should be the only option available and you should be able to toggle move items from inside the PC

Firehead

Are there any flying types near Icirrus City that aren't Emonga?
Already caught one and I found out it doesn't learn fly.
Never caught a Pidove and I need to get to
Relic Castle
. :/

Duelist

Does anyone have any Eevees to spare? I just got this game a couple of days ago and beat the first gym, so I don't really have much to offer in return. Would like to have my favourite pokemon to play in this game.

colinp

Banned
eek5 said:
LOL yeah the PC is so bad. Move should be the only option available and you should be able to toggle move items from inside the PC

Emonga said:
Why is the inventory system in this game so abysmal

Yeah.. It's especially egregious since they were able to streamline a lot of the other outdated peculiarities of the game.

eek5

Duelist said:
Does anyone have any Eevees to spare? I just got this game a couple of days ago and beat the first gym, so I don't really have much to offer in return. Would like to have my favourite pokemon to play in this game.
I can send you one. What is your FC? mine is in the list in the first post

Gravijah

Speaking of the inventory, I don't understand why they got rid of so many categories. Yeah, you can sort everything, but it's not the same.

Styles

They need to add sweep scrolling, using the scrolling bar on the right is annoying when you have so many items to scroll through.
LLShC.gif

Gravijah

Vect said:
They need to add sweep scrolling, using the scrolling bar on the right is annoying when you have so many items to scroll through.
LLShC.gif

You can just hit certain points of the scroll bar and it'll go straight there, IIRC.

eek5

Duelist said:
Many thanks! Yay Eevee!!! :D

Whoa, thanks for the Ditto too. It's so overpowered compared to my pokemon, lol.
lol np. thought you might want to breed snivys or eevees to trade on GTS. :)

Styles

Gravijah said:
You can just hit certain points of the scroll bar and it'll go straight there, IIRC.

You remembered correct, it's just that clicking on the right area on the scroll bar is kind of tedious as the area is too small. I would still like them to implement such a feature in their next game though as it'll make scrolling much better for me.

Duki said:
srsly how i get this son of a bitch to appear

its been an hour lol

It took me half and hour IIRC.
3AQmK.gif

Mr. Sam

I feel bad for having caught Tynamo so easily. It was, like, my third encounter in Chargestone Cave. Didn't know it was supposed to be rare.

Chorazin

So, I defeat the "Champion" and get into post game! Yeah!

Transfer my Pokeymanz over from SoulSilver. Yeah!

Run into my first new trainer in the wild. Yeah!

He rocks a team of 62+ Pokes who beat me until I'm in a coma in a ditch. WHAT THE FUCK.

How the hell am I suppose to do this shit? All my Pokes are in the high 40's and low 50's.

Gravijah

Chorazin said:
So, I defeat the "Champion" and get into post game! Yeah!

Transfer my Pokeymanz over from SoulSilver. Yeah!

Run into my first new trainer in the wild. Yeah!

He rocks a team of 62+ Pokes who beat me until I'm in a coma in a ditch. WHAT THE FUCK.

How the hell am I suppose to do this shit? All my Pokes are in the high 40's and low 50's.

Kill some Audino, grind a little. Most of the trainers aren't too bad, unless they have a type advantage over your team.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Gravijah said:
Jolly. Was breeding with power items + everstone for max speed and jolly nature. The parents also had max attack IVs so Ihad the chance of passing that down through inheritance. I hit all the right gears and got a shiny out of it :D

IVs are pathetic (single digits) for all the other stats, though.

Chorazin

Gravijah said:
Kill some Audino, grind a little. Most of the trainers aren't too bad, unless they have a type advantage over your team.

Well crud. I want to play more of White but having to grind while I could be playing a shiny new 3DS game instead makes me want to not play as much. :(

zoukka

Chorazin said:
Well crud. I want to play more of White but having to grind while I could be playing a shiny new 3DS game instead makes me want to not play as much. :(

I'd kill for a challenging trainer set man...

Gravijah

Chorazin said:

Haha, grinding shouldn't take that much of your time with lucky egg and stuff... but a shiny new 3DS is also fun!

GaimeGuy

Also, go to big stadium and little court. Great for grinding for experience and money.

Every day, each one will have 6 singles battles and 2 doubles battles (I think).

That's 16 trainer battles every day, each of which involves pokemon leveled in the 60s. Use lucky eggs and an amulet coin and watch the experience and money roll in (With an amulet coin, you should be getting over 10k pokedollars from basically every single battle that doesn't involve a young kid. Rich Boys and Ladys give out over 20k pokedollars)

Will all that money, you'll be able to purchase all the revives, max potions, full restores, and hyper potions you'll need :p

You can go back to the pokemon center and rest up after every trainer battle and just grind that way.

Each buildiing has a pool of like 30 or 40 trainers that it selects its 6-8 from every day (I think), although about half of these are very rare. I've encountered a few that had audinos.

The other day I was training a newly hatched larvesta in big s tadium. It had a lucky egg on it and was the first pokemon in my party. The first trainer I fought had an audino. I swapped the larvesta out and killed it iwth my second pokemon. The larvesta earned something like 26k EXP, lol.

Vyktal

I gotta say that I love what they've done with Black and White. My girlfriend and I each bought a copy so we can chill and play at the same time, and it's been a blast (both have recently completed up to the point when you first see the credits).

But I must say, I'm a bit lost about what to do now and would appreciate some advice!

I used to EV-train in DPPt and SoulSilver but I decided not to worry about it this time around because it took up too much time (plus my g/f doesn't care for ev training so it'd be unfair if I did).

Now that I've finished the first part of the game, I kinda feel like I wouldn't mind raising a more serious ev-trained team (everything except IV breeding, that always seemed like a bit too much time to invest for me) but I don't know if its worth me stopping exploring just to train for ages (and possibly alienate my g/f) or just forget all that stuff until I meet other people who play pokemon competitively (likely this won't happen unless I join an online community who don't mind a player with a very busy schedule).

Any thoughts from those of you who enjoy pokemon for the competitive battling and/or everything else?

Chorazin

GaimeGuy said:
Also, go to big stadium and little court. Great for grinding for experience and money.

Every day, each one will have 6 singles battles and 2 doubles battles (I think).

That's 16 trainer battles every day, each of which involves pokemon leveled in the 60s. Use lucky eggs and an amulet coin and watch the experience and money roll in (With an amulet coin, you should be getting over 10k pokedollars from basically every single battle that doesn't involve a young kid. Rich Boys and Ladys give out over 20k pokedollars)

Yeah, I did the Big and Little Stadiums when I needed to level my Zoroark for the E4, so that's why I'm kinda loathing getting back into that again. Maybe I'll take a break for a bit....

Wilsongt

I went to Big Stadium last night and fought a trainer. First Pokemon was a Lv 64 Growlithe. What the fuck. Thank God Carracosta is so beefy. Her next Pokemon was easily taken out by Darmanitan.

Then I encountered a Lv 55 Pineco in the wild, after I caught a Lv 16 Pineco.

Vyktal said:
Now that I've finished the first part of the game, I kinda feel like I wouldn't mind raising a more serious ev-trained team (everything except IV breeding, that always seemed like a bit too much time to invest for me) but I don't know if its worth me stopping exploring just to train for ages (and possibly alienate my g/f) or just forget all that stuff until I meet other people who play pokemon competitively (likely this won't happen unless I join an online community who don't mind a player with a very busy schedule).

Any thoughts from those of you who enjoy pokemon for the competitive battling and/or everything else?

If you don't feel you're done explornig then you can just do that until you're satisfied then move on to training a competitive team. Also keep in mind that the overall mechanics are less of a pain this time around, and there's still PokéGAF to help you out if you need Pokérus or anything to speed up the process.

Vyktal

Thanks for the advice Sol, I think that's probably the best thing to do.

Although what you say about the mechanics being less of a hassle has intrigued me. I'll need to read into that!

Roto13

You shouldn't need to grind at all in the post-game for regular trainers. If you can beat the Elite 4, you can beat the little wiener trainers with their overleveled but underpowered Pokemon.

GaimeGuy

If you're trying to EV train in a particular stat, assuming you're fighting a pokemon that gives out 3 EVs in that stat, you can earn 14 EVs in a single battle if the pokemon you're EV training has pokerus and the power item for that stat.

It should take you only 18 battles to fully EV train a single stat for a single pokemon.

36 or 37 battles to fully EV train a pokemon.

Hatched a Jolly Drilbur with 31 IVs in Attack.

Yes. What's more is that the IV guy says that it has "relatively superior" potential.

More yes.

GaimeGuy

Electivirus said:
Hatched a Jolly Drilbur with 31 IVs in Attack.

Yes. What's more is that the IV guy says that it has "relatively superior" potential.

More yes.
Not outstanding. Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom