• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravijah said:
if it's not all 31 it's worthless

Ah well. Time to dump it to rot in the box.

"Daddy, why don't you love me?"
"Well, you're not completely perfect in every way, so I simply don't have the right or capacity to love you. Terribly sorry NOW GET IN THE DAMN BOX."

Not so jolly anymore, is she?

Morokh

Ok, for this one, maybe i'm reading a litlle too far into it or i didn't simply understand it all but I have to ask xD

For EV trained Pokemons, do you have to get them lvl 100 to get the full effect of your EV training ?

252 EV in a stat, that's actually 63 points more at level 100 given bit by bit at every level-up.

If you only level your Pokemon to level 50 for Battle Subway / Random Online are you sure you get the same boost that if you'd have levelled it to lvl100 and let the game scale it back to 50 ?

DMG-01

Re: Pan/simi conversation

Thanks for clearing that up on the last page. Those 6 monkeys always drove me crazy because when I think of "pan" I think of the Greek prefix meaning of "all" and when I hear "simi" (well, "semi"), I think of the Latin prefix meaning of "half."

Re: Inventory scrolling

Press R or L for quick scrolling. This works in most, if not all scrollable menus, too.

Gravijah

Morokh said:
Ok, for this one, maybe i'm reading a litlle too far into it or i didn't simply understand it all but I have to ask xD

For EV trained Pokemons, do you have to get them lvl 100 to get the full effect of your EV training ?

252 EV in a stat, that's actually 63 points more at level 100 given bit by bit at every level-up.

If you only level your Pokemon to level 50 for Battle Subway / Random Online are you sure you get the same boost that if you'd have levelled it to lvl100 and let the game scale it back to 50 ?

You're not going to be getting 63 points at level 50, but you will be getting the "full effect".

Wiseblade

Electivirus said:
Full IVs.

Drilbur - #529 (Jolly)
Female (♀)
HP: 18 - 19
Att: 31
Def: 22 - 23
SpA: 10 - 13
SpD: 16 - 17
Speed: 28 - 29

I'll take it!

Ability? those IVs aren't bad, but if it has Sand Force then the thing's worthless.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Electivirus said:
Full IVs.

Drilbur - #529 (Jolly)
Female (♀)
HP: 18 - 19
Att: 31
Def: 22 - 23
SpA: 10 - 13
SpD: 16 - 17
Speed: 28 - 29

I'll take it!
Excellent. Adament would be the preferred nature (Jolly really only helps in outspeeding other Excadrills. With Sand Rush, Excadrill has effectively a 176 base speed in sandstorm), but that is a solid IV spread, having 16 or higher in every stat that matters.

Give it 252 EVs in attack/speed and a moveset of Swords Dance/Earthquake/Rock Slide, and either X-Scissor, Return, or hell, even rapid spin as a 4th move, and go to town. :)

You could also go for the full super-effective coverage with Earthquake/Rock slide/X-Scissor/Return, but I would recommend a swords dance set since you're not adament. a great deal of pokemon will be a 2 or 3 hit KO even without swords dance though.

dc89

Hey! I'm looking for someone with some of the previous gen starters.

I can breed my own starters from Diamond but not from others =[.

I've caught my own Ditto in Black now so I can offer stuff back rather than taking pokemon and giving lillipups =D!

Edit: Also would be great if someone could help me evolve-trade my Feebas, you don't need max happiness anymore right?

GaimeGuy

Electivirus said:
Weeeeell... >_>
Fail. :(

Edit: Well, the jolly nature will help you with the speed, but it would be preferable to have +100% speed in sandstorm rather than +10% speed overall and +30% power to rock, steel, and ground attacks in sandstorm.

hmm.....

Try giving your excadrill a life orb and the full-coverage set I mentioned. You should put it down, though :(

With a life orb, all moves will get a 30% power boost. In a sandstorm, this will stack with the 30% boost you get for earthquake and rock slide.

to summarize, try the following set:

Excadrill w/ Life Orb (Jolly)
Ability: Sand Force (lol)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Return
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Roto13

dc89 said:
Hey! I'm looking for someone with some of the previous gen starters.

I can breed my own starters from Diamond but not from others =[.

I've caught my own Ditto in Black now so I can offer stuff back rather than taking pokemon and giving lillipups =D!

Edit: Also would be great if someone could help me evolve-trade my Feebas, you don't need max happiness anymore right?
It never evolved with happiness, did it? It evolved with beauty, which isn't a stat any more. :p It needs to be traded with a Prism Scale to evolve.

dc89

Roto13 said:
It never evolved with happiness, did it? It evolved with beauty, which isn't a stat any more. :p It needs to be traded with a Prism Scale to evolve.

Ah thats the one got them mixed up :D Yeah I know about the Prism Scale in Black now.

Super_Chicken said:
What level are they? Is it better than doing e4 runs?

Straight after the Elite 4 they're between 62 and 65. I've started seeing 67s since I've been frequently visiting though, I'm assuming they get tougher over time.

Often there's a Doctor in Big Stadium who uses a Level 65 Audino. Needless to say, he's the best thing in the game.

DMG-01

Should I keep this? Defense is keeping me on da fence (haha oh God I'm so funny).
546.png

Cottonee - #546 (Timid)
HP: 28 - 29
Att: 24 - 25
Def: 0 - 1
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

I should use it to breed something better, but I'm pretty lazy. :/

DMG-01 said:
Should I keep this? Defense is keeping me on da fence (haha oh God I'm so funny).
546.png

Cottonee - #546 (Timid)

I'm not sure either. Do you plan on a Sub/Leech Seed abuse set? If so I see why you'de be worried about it lacking Def.

Butane123

Man, like 70 to 80% of all Wi-Fi Battle Subway teams use a Garchomp.... then again, so do I. Haven't found one so far that moves first compared to mine.

Morokh

DMG-01 said:
546.png

Cottonee - #546 (Timid)

considering you'll want to play it defensively or as an annoyer Att and Speed (because of it's ability) are pretty useless, and you'll definitely want a good HP/Def/SpDef so ... keep going xD

On another note I was trying to find videos on Youtube and ingame with someone that uses this pokemon well with an interesting move-set, but I had no luck ... and the subseeder set seems quite lackluster considering it's poor HP and defenses.

Desperatly trying to find myself a good support pokemon that I like xD

DMG-01

Morokh said:
considering you'll want to play it defensively or as an annoyer Att and Speed (because of it's ability) are pretty useless, and you'll definitely want a good HP/Def/SpDef so ... keep going xD

On another note I was trying to find videos on Youtube and ingame with someone that uses this pokemon well with an interesting move-set, but I had no luck ... and the subseeder set seems quite lackluster considering it's poor HP and defenses.

Desperatly trying to find myself a good support pokemon that I like xD
Actually, low HP is a positive feature for subseeders. And yeah, I think I'll keep breeding.

Feorax

Got a pretty good trade before. Level 37 female Charizard for what appears to be a legit Japanese lv50 Resharim.

Also, what is the best way to "see" legendary pokemon and version exclusives so that I can at least add them to the seen part of my dex so I can try and trade for them later on the GTS?

Roto13

Does anyone have a minute to trade-evo my Haunter?

EDIT: I just got a shiny Chikorita for a Tepig on the GTS Negotiations. It's probably a hack, since he also offered me a Totodile in a Master Ball. :p Though the Chikorita doesn't have anything suspicious about it.

Disguises

Oh wow. Just on Route 3 and noticed that additional layers are added to the music when you move as opposed to standing still. It's little touches like these that make you go :D

DMG-01

Well this was much better than expected. :)
546.png

Cottonee - #546 (Timid)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 16 - 19
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 29

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 55, 56

GaimeGuy

DMG-01 said:
Well this was much better than expected. :)
546.png

Cottonee - #546 (Timid)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 16 - 19
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 29

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 55, 56
:O

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Does anyone have a minute to trade-evo my Haunter?

EDIT: I just got a shiny Chikorita for a Tepig on the GTS Negotiations. It's probably a hack, since he also offered me a Totodile in a Master Ball. :p Though the Chikorita doesn't have anything suspicious about it.
Hey, Shiny's a shiny. :p
So has the thread survived the community exodus or is that planned for tonight still?

JVIDICAN

Schmitty said:
Just subscribe and you'll be fine
Even if I do subscribe, It'll be the same 10 or so people posting instead of the usual amount we get. Going to community is sentencing this thread to a slow miserable death. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom