• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Pokemon not cool enough to hang out with the dudebros.

I won't be getting back into this game until May due to exams. I stopped somewhere around the 4th badge.

Roto13

Electivirus said:
Your shiny picks are all terrible. Bow before your god
dess.
>:D
KenSugimori-Miloticshiny.png
I have one of those.

Zertez

Im looking to trade for Smeargle and Gen 2, 3 starters, sex or nature doesnt matter. I have most things in White for trade outside of legendaries also have Gen 1, 4 and 5 starters for trade.

Alright, can someone please explain Black City to me? There's nothing there but a Pokemon Center.

Sorry for reposting. I'm sure no one will mind because this thread is as good as dead after the move. ;)

Busaiku

Blu_LED said:
Alright, can someone please explain Black City to me? There's nothing there but a Pokemon Center.

Sorry for reposting. I'm sure no one will mind because this thread is as good as dead after the move. ;)
The number of people there initially depends on how long it took you to get there.
In order to get more people, you have to link up with someone's White Forest and the city will get bigger, with more trainers to battle.

Busaiku said:
The number of people there initially depends on how long it took you to get there.
In order to get more people, you have to link up with someone's White Forest and the city will get bigger, with more trainers to battle.
So since I took a while to get there, there is nothing in the city? All I have to do is play Entralink to fill up the city? Once the population is filled up, does it ever go down again?

What's the point of making it like this?

So I just caught a level 65 Metang at the Giant Chasm and good god the thing took around 100 pokeballs. Pretty much used all my special ones. Caught it when my 3rd last ultra ball.

Roto13

Blu_LED said:
So since I took a while to get there, there is nothing in the city? All I have to do is play Entralink to fill up the city? Once the population is filled up, does it ever go down again?

People disappear from the city if you don't visit it for a while. It's bullshit.

-Pyromaniac- said:
So I just caught a level 65 Metang at the Giant Chasm and good god the thing took around 100 pokeballs. Pretty much used all my special ones. Caught it when my 3rd last ultra ball.
Metang has the catch rate of a Legendary.

Busaiku

Blu_LED said:

Each trainer has various points attached to them when they come into the city.
They leave once they run out.

Every day, you can keep getting points by battling those trainers, however, you also lose a certain number of points every day as well.

Busaiku said:

Every day, you can keep getting points by battling those trainers, however, you also lose a certain number of points every day as well.
This really doesn't make any sense. I understand they want people to try out the Entralink, but man.

btkadams

Busaiku said:

i still have all 5 of mine. i make a point that every day that i play pokemon (which is a couple times a week now), i battle all 5. i just need to play through white and get to white forest so i can finally get all 10 trainers lol.

Busaiku

btkadams said:
i still have all 5 of mine. i make a point that every day that i play pokemon (which is a couple times a week now), i battle all 5. i just need to play through white and get to white forest so i can finally get all 10 trainers lol.
I started with 6 and still have 6!

btkadams

Busaiku said:
I started with 6 and still have 6!
WHAT?!!! maybe i just never saw one lol.

EDIT: actually im pretty sure it said in the guide that some factor affects how many people will be in it when you first reach it.

Ultima_5

What's the site that sends the event pokes to your game via gts? I'm sure it's been asked hundreds of times, but I just was able to get a router hooked up in my dorm, and I'm rather eager to try it out =D

Teknoman

Harpuia said:
ffffffffffffffuu- I used my dragon gem i gave my hydreigon to hold. Anyone have a spare I can have? Free bayleef if you do. :( Or any Gem I might have. :(

Is there any reason to use a gem over any other boosting item?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, PokeGaf, what do you think of Sigilyph? He's one of those designs I find quirky in a good way and thus I've decided to EV Train him next.

Spr_5b_561.png

This is the set here...
move 1: Cosmic Power
move 2: Stored Power
move 3: Roost
move 4: Psycho Shift
item: Flame Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 200 Def/ 56 Spe

I just need to obtain a Male Natu or Xatu with Stored Power and Psycho Shift first. Guess I'll breed my Xatu from Heart Gold and raise a male Natu to 36...shouldn't take too long with the Trade EXP boost.

Schmitty

There are 2 people in my White Forest but I can't battle them. What gives? And there's also no tall grass to catch pokemon.

btkadams

Watch Da Birdie said:
So, PokeGaf, what do you think of Sigilyph? He's one of those designs I find quirky in a good way and thus I've decided to EV Train him next.

Spr_5b_561.png

This is the set here...

I just need to obtain a Male Natu or Xatu with Stored Power and Psycho Shift first. Guess I'll breed my Xatu from Heart Gold and raise a male Natu to 36...shouldn't take too long with the Trade EXP boost.
sigilyph is in my party. it's pretty useful but i find flying pokemon always get owned. i basically chose it so i could have someone that knew fly and had another strong type (psychic) that it could use in battles.

Butane123

Watch Da Birdie said:
So, PokeGaf, what do you think of Sigilyph?

This is the set here...
It seems somewhat interesting to me. I mean immunity to sand storm and status is really nice, but there are a ton of counters for it (Dark, rock, ice and electric are everywhere).

Do I think it could be effective.... yeah, but only really for spreading around a burn. I just see it having a hard time bulking up in order for it to actually be able to attack with stored power... and even then, Dark is still immune to it.

Wiseblade

Watch Da Birdie said:

Spr_5b_561.png

This is the set here...

I like it. You've opted to do something more unique than a standard sweeper/wall set. I'd even argue it does the Magic Guard-Status Spreader job better than Clefable. I'm curious about the EV spread + Nature. Is there something you're looking to outspeed? Why the big focus on Def?

The negative points I have would be with Cosmic + Stored Power. I've never really seen the point in Defense boosting moves since almost everyone with carry a move like Roar/Whirlwind to get rid of you boosts and Stored Power is really weak unless you make a huge investment. Not to mention it leaves you with no way of touching Dark types. I'd just run Psychic + Air Salsh/filler instead. It's terrible coverage, but you're really only looking to burn any threats and then run away.

I definitely Pair it up with a Fire (Simisear?) or Fighting type, something that can hit the Dark and Steel Types that laugh at this set hard.

zumphry

Banned
Ugh. Really feel bad about not playing for what seems like forever, but I also don't wanna burn though the post game and have nothing to do in Black. :/

Delio

Wiseblade said:
I like it. You've opted to do something more unique than a standard sweeper/wall set. I'd even argue it does the Magic Guard-Status Spreader job better than Clefable. I'm curious about the EV spread + Nature. Is there something you're looking to outspeed? Why the big focus on Def?

The negative points I have would be with Cosmic + Stored Power. I've never really seen the point in Defense boosting moves since almost everyone with carry a move like Roar/Whirlwind to get rid of you boosts and Stored Power is really weak unless you make a huge investment. Not to mention it leaves you with no way of touching Dark types. I'd just run Psychic + Air Salsh/filler instead. It's terrible coverage, but you're really only looking to burn any threats and then run away.

I definitely Pair it up with a Fire (Simisear?) or Fighting type, something that can hit the Dark and Steel Types that laugh at this set hard.

If i remember correctly that's the standard Smogon set for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom