• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

I can help you with that. I'm number 53 on the list.

Japan just got hit by another earthquake. We'll never get the dreamworld at this rate.

Morokh

Roto13 said:
I can help you with that. I'm number 53 on the list.

Japan just got hit by another earthquake. We'll never get the dreamworld at this rate.

#73 on the list myself, i'll be waiting in the wifi room

btkadams

Wiseblade said:
Remember when this thread was popular? Good times...
it'll get busier in may i think. march/april are end of semester crunch times. i'll definitely be harassing you to buy stones for me in your black city dont worry.

hermit7 said:
I don't think that Sapphire and Ruby were compatible with Silver/Gold.

They aren't, you could only do red/blue to gold/silver.

I've got pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire (almost complete Gen 3) and Leaf Green (never got Fire Red and missing a lot from this Gen), transferred them all to Pearl (which I almost finished as well). Then Pearl to White. I actually went out and got Heart Gold to grab the few pokemon I missed from Fire Red and leaf Green.

So I'm actually playing through pearl to grab a few less common pokemon I'm missing, heart gold to grab a few legendaries and less common, and white to finish the gen 5 pokedex right now.

I've actually made an excel sheet of the pokemon I'm still missing:
Pokemon Left to Catch

And OCD about it meaning I have a pokemon for each evolutionary form :p

Victrix

*beard*
Out of curiosity, if you wanted to catch most of the 600+ pokemon now, which games would you need? Ignoring stuff like event legendaries etc.

Platinum, HG/SS, and B/W enough, or do you need access to Leaf/Fire and Emerald also?

MicH

If I remember correctly, you should be able to get most, if not all, Pokémon through those three games. I think the most problematic Pokémon are the Hoenn starters and legendaries. You get one of each in SS/HG. Of course all of the event legendaries, but those don't count in the Pokédex if you want the certificate.

I'm sure plenty of members on GAF will be able to help you out with the Hoenn starters, though.

Victrix said:
Out of curiosity, if you wanted to catch most of the 600+ pokemon now, which games would you need? Ignoring stuff like event legendaries etc.

Platinum, HG/SS, and B/W enough, or do you need access to Leaf/Fire and Emerald also?
If you were going it by yourself, you could get most, if not all, with Fire Red, Emerald, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Platinum, White, and Black. There would be some sticking points (the events for Mew, Celebi, and Arceus ended a while back), but you could catch the majority.

However, if you know how to negotiate with people (or take advantage of free giveaways), you could concievably catch 'em all with a single game.

Finalow

Electivirus said:
Your shiny picks are all terrible. Bow before your god
dess.
>:D
KenSugimori-Miloticshiny.png
yeah, this one is the best shiny.

MicH

Whaaaaat :D The best shiny, and the one I'm actually trying to breed right now is this:

563___shiny_desukaan_by_merum_sb_blueolimar-d329tb9.png

Hell yeah, pink and silver Cofagrigus!

I, myself, have caught a shiny Tentacool (in Sapphire) and a shiny Wobbuffet (Ruby Safari Zone!! Almost peed my pants). I then have a few PokeRadar shinies, but I really feel like I got them by cheating :(

MicH said:
Whaaaaat :D The best shiny, and the one I'm actually trying to breed right now is this:

I, myself, have caught a shiny Tentacool (in Sapphire) and a shiny Wobbuffet (Ruby Safari Zone!! Almost peed my pants). I then have a few PokeRadar shinies, but I really feel like I got them by cheating :(

I went to go check out the shiny cofagrigus just now and did not know he evolves from yamask till just now O.O

zumphry

Banned
MicH said:

Just realized Cofagrigus looks like Majora.

dc89

dc89 said:
Hey! I'm looking for someone with some of the previous gen starters.

I can breed my own starters from Diamond but not from others =[.

I've caught my own Ditto in Black now so I can offer stuff back rather than taking pokemon and giving lillipups =D!

Edit: Also would be great if someone could help me evolve-trade my Feebas.

^ :eek:

Morokh

just to get rid of a big doubt because my Miltoc Ev's don't seem to be right :

when using a power item on one of your pokemon, and using Exp.share on the one you want to EV train, does the pokemon with the Exp.share get the EV bonus or not ? (or is it just the base Ev's ?)

Edit : meh ! it's just the base EV's without the power item bonus si I completely messed-up ... will have to do with it until we get dream world and EV-reducing berries ...

Miutsu

dc89 said:
Hey! I'm looking for someone with some of the previous gen starters.

I can breed my own starters from Diamond but not from others =[.

I've caught my own Ditto in Black now so I can offer stuff back rather than taking pokemon and giving lillipups =D!

Edit: Also would be great if someone could help me evolve-trade my Feebas.

I can transfer you every previous gen starter but I havent beaten the game yet :/ I have them in my pearl version though, in case you are ok with me transfering to your diamond version

Gruco

Banned
dc89 said:
I can help with: Charmander, Squirtle, Bulba, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Torchic.

Looking for: Tododile, Chikorita, Mudkip, Growlithe, Glameow, Stunky. Also willing to accept Phanpy, Nincada, Skitty, if you don't have those.

Also, if by any chance you could help me get Regis or event legendaries on to my Pokedex, that would also be huge.

I'll need some time to breed everything though.

dc89

Miutsu said:
I can transfer you every previous gen starter but I havent beaten the game yet :/ I have them in my pearl version though, in case you are ok with me transfering to your diamond version

Yeah that would be fine. Just bare with me as I haven't done it in a while. Drop me a pm.

Gruco said:
I can help with: Charmander, Squirtle, Bulba, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Torchic.

Looking for: Tododile, Chikorita, Mudkip, Growlithe, Glameow, Stunky. Also willing to accept Phanpy, Nincada, Skitty, if you don't have those.

Also, if by any chance you could help me get Regis or event legendaries on to my Pokedex, that would also be huge.

I'll need some time to breed everything though.

I actually don't have any of them :| Sorry!

And by the way. I have a stupid friend who is playing Pokemon Red. He says his Pokemon have just 'vanished' from his game. Can someone just tell him this is actually impossible. I will get him to read this and shut him up once and for all.

Rapstah

I just came across some money I wasn't aware of and figured I'd bite on a DS Lite, Scribblenauts 2 and one Pokémon game - I figure Black or White is the way to go nowadays, but which one should I pick and what am I getting into? My last Pokémon game was Ruby.

EDIT: Is this just the trading thread or also the general discussion or community thread? I might have misposted.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rapstah said:
I just came across some money I wasn't aware of and figured I'd bite on a DS Lite, Scribblenauts 2 and one Pokémon game - I figure Black or White is the way to go nowadays, but which one should I pick and what am I getting into? My last Pokémon game was Ruby.

EDIT: Is this just the trading thread or also the general discussion or community thread? I might have misposted.

Naw, this is "the thread." It is confusing especially to people who buy the game now.

Anyways, Black/White is a fine pick. They're probably the best in the series and since they're the most recent, you have all of PokeGAF here to help you out should you need it.

Rapstah

Andrex said:
Naw, this is "the thread." It is confusing especially to people who buy the game now.

Anyways, Black/White is a fine pick. They're probably the best in the series and since they're the most recent, you have all of PokeGAF here to help you out should you need it.
Okay, I just ordered a green DS lite and Black then... I figured I should take the dark colour for once since I always did the light ones in the previous generations.

WTF, now I have to actually WAIT for that Safari guy to call and tell me I got more blocks?

HG/SS was really some dumb shit. :/ I guess I'll just grind some more BP...

JVIDICAN

Gravijah said:
Somewhat... somewhat.
Can we make an appeal to get the thread back in gaming? :p
There has to be some god forsaken thread more deserving of this fate.

Anyways.. Who wants to single/double battle me? >:O

JVIDICAN said:
Can we make an appeal to get the thread back in gaming? :p
There has to be some god forsaken thread more deserving of this fate.

Anyways.. Who wants to single/double battle me? >:O
Well if we can get this to get locked and OT3 ends up being posted in the gaming section like how the minecraft thread moved when it got a new OT.

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
Well if we can get this to get locked and OT3 ends up being posted in the gaming section like how the minecraft thread moved when it got a new OT.
Brilliant! :D How many posts until an OT3 would be necessary?

Murkas

Since when was this moved to Community section?

Spent the last 2 hours playing HG for Voltorb Flip to buy a fucking Porygon. 5000 coins left :(

MicH

Apparently the Global Link will go live on April 13:

http://www.pokemon.com/uk/news/vg_pgl_launch-2011-04-07/
Visit the Pokémon Dream World, track your stats in the Global Battle Union, and much more, starting April 13!

The Pokémon Global Link is a new online service for Pokémon fans around the world! Starting April 13, you'll be able to connect your copy of Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version to the Pokémon Global Link for lots of fun activities.

Tuck in a Pokémon in your game and it will appear in the Pokémon Dream World, where you can befriend Pokémon, grow Berries, and collect items—and bring them all back to your game! Then check out the Global Battle Union, the best place to keep track of your online battle stats.

The Pokémon Global Link is completely free! All you'll need is a Pokémon Trainer Club account that you can get right now at Pokemon.com.

Check out www.pokemon-gl.com for more details as the April 13 launch of the Pokémon Global Link approaches!

MicH

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying it out, but I'm not quite sure how big of a deal it is :p Also, it arrives smack in the middle of my exams. God damn :D

Gravijah

Murkas said:
Since when was this moved to Community section?

Spent the last 2 hours playing HG for Voltorb Flip to buy a fucking Porygon. 5000 coins left :(

Just use the voltorb flip solver. Save your sanity.

MicH

I actually almost got addicted to the Voltorb Flip minigame. When you know how to play it, it's really fun. I was sad to see that Black and White didn't really have any minigames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom