• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
What about breeding only for nature + EV training? Does that still get you owned into the ground?

Unless you're in a tourney then not really. But IVs do come in handy, especially speed IVs.

DMG-01

Man, there are so many ragequitters online. And usually it takes so long to find a battle. :/
Andrex said:
Unless you're in a tourney then not really. But IVs do come in handy, especially speed IVs.
And with the Power Anklet, it's not that hard.

DMG-01

I just found out that one of my guys has the wrong ability. I just checked his IVs when I bred him and didn't even think about checking his ability. Man, I feel so stupid. ://///

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
j5bcid.jpg
H8 u

Wiseblade

DMG-01 said:
I just found out that one of my guys has the wrong ability. I just checked his IVs when I bred him and didn't even think about checking his ability. Man, I feel so stupid. ://///
I always check ability + nature before checking IVs. that way, you don't get totally depressed when you realise that Adamant Drilbur with 31 in every stat but S.Atk has Sand Force.

DMG-01

Wiseblade said:
I always check ability + nature before checking IVs. that way, you don't get totally depressed when you realise that Adamant Drilbur with 31 in every stat but S.Atk has Sand Force.
As do I... except for that time.
j5bcid.jpg

D-Pad

Question. It seems true in Pokemon Platinum, but if I restart Black and White, as in start a new game, will I lose the Wonder Cards?

Do any of you guys have a Jolly sneasel lying around in one of your gen IV games?

I've been trying to breed one in my Soulsilver game and I have not had any luck. I don't care about it's IV since I'll be breeding for those myself. It'd really help me out.

Thanks

Xavien

Gruco said:
I can help with: Charmander, Squirtle, Bulba, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Torchic.

Looking for: Tododile, Chikorita, Mudkip, Growlithe, Glameow, Stunky. Also willing to accept Phanpy, Nincada, Skitty, if you don't have those.

Also, if by any chance you could help me get Regis or event legendaries on to my Pokedex, that would also be huge.

I'll need some time to breed everything though.

I have those in bold (need some time to breed them), you willing to trade Charmander and Torchic?

#186 on the FC list.

Oh man, the difficulty curve after you beat the E4 is insane. Every trainer has Pokemon that are lvl 60-70. They're stronger then anyone in the E4.

What's the best method of handeling this? Should I just grind or is there a good place to train?

Blu_LED said:
Oh man, the difficulty curve after you beat the E4 is insane. Every trainer has Pokemon that are lvl 60-70. They're stronger then anyone in the E4.

What's the best method of handeling this? Should I just grind or is there a good place to train?

its not as bad as it seems when everyone is stupidly using level 64 weedles and crap. but audino training in the east routes if your in to that .

Busaiku

Could someone who's linked up to White Forest tell me how getting new people works?

Like say I connect to someone who has nobody in their White Forest, will I still get some new people in my Black City?
If not, after they take some people from my Black City, could I then proceed to get people from their now populated White Forest? If so, how many times a day could I do this?

one85x

Well you're going backward as far as route numbers are concerned, but it's not any easier going the other way.

Also,
one85x said:
Anyone available to help evolve a Shelmet? I can provide the Karrablast if needed.
D:

Articalys

Well that's the problem with a game like Pokemon though, once you get past the initial rush of everyone mowing through the storyline you just wind up with trade requests and boasting about good IV spreads.

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
Why was this moved in the first place!
No idea, it seems kind of soon to be moving it. The game was released what, a month ago now? :/

Articalys said:
Well that's the problem with a game like Pokemon though, once you get past the initial rush of everyone mowing through the storyline you just wind up with trade requests and boasting about good IV spreads.
There was a good supply of new people everyday. I unleash the cursed face onto you for your blasphemy!
j5bcid.jpg

:)

yeb

RNG abuse is pretty broken. I was just trying to catch a Jolly Ditto with extremely good stats, but instead I got this:

Metang (Jolly): 31/31/31/x/31/31
and
Ditto (Bold): 31/31/31/17/31/31

Learning how the process works makes it seem even more ridiculous to me. It's all just undetectable hacking, imo.

Oh yeah, I tried the GTS negotiations for the first time today. I managed to pick up a Porygon and Rapidash for a Happiny and Zoroark. Makes me want to create a box full of stuff for trading on that.

JVIDICAN

yeb said:
RNG abuse is pretty broken. I was just trying to catch a Jolly Ditto with extremely good stats, but instead I got this:

Metang (Jolly): 31/31/31/x/31/31
and
Ditto (Bold): 31/31/31/17/31/31

Learning how the process works makes it seem even more ridiculous to me. It's all just undetectable hacking, imo.

Someone brought that up a few days ago. So it does work for black and white?

yeb

JVIDICAN said:
Someone brought that up a few days ago. So it does work for black and white?
Yeah, I've used it a few times for wild pokemon and I've heard it works for legendaries too. I don't know how to make shinies yet though (I think I need my secret ID or something?) and I have no idea on eggs or anything else.

JVIDICAN

yeb said:
Yeah, I've used it a few times for wild pokemon and I've heard it works for legendaries too. I don't know how to make shinies yet though (I think I need my secret ID or something?) and I have no idea on eggs or anything else.
With a ditto like that you shouldn't even have to worry about egg IVs. :p

quabba

yeb said:

If I could rng shiny eggs I probably would (not that I have looked into it). I was breeding to just get a well natured pokemon but I figured while I was doing that id check some IVs and fell into the pit for a while. Now I have reminded myself that IVs are not that important.

Delio

bah i wish i could lock out other Region pokes and just use Unova for random wifi. I want tournament pratice darn it!.

quabba

SolarPowered said:
Do any of you guys have a Jolly sneasel lying around in one of your gen IV games?

I've been trying to breed one in my Soulsilver game and I have not had any luck. I don't care about it's IV since I'll be breeding for those myself. It'd really help me out.

Thanks

oh gen IV, the best I can do there is a jolly male growlithe that could breed a female sneasel.
Thats if everstone holdign males work in gev IV

OMG Aero

Super_Chicken said:
hehe reading a link from the above post ^^

http://www.pokemon.com/uk/news/vg_bw_zorua_howto-2011-03-11/

Couldn't you just play the sling shot game to pull your celebii forward? Or does this relocator pull a celebii outta thin air?

Same with this:
http://www.pokemon.com/uk/news/vg_bw_zoroark_howto-2011-03-11/

Couldn't you just evolve the zorua? hahah I'd say that's easier than getting a shiny legendary.
Celebi has to be transferred using the relocator. If you transfer it through the PokeTransfer it won't activate the event.
And yeah you could just evolve the Zorua, but the event Zoroark is a nice little event that reveals the rest of Lostlorn forest and it's a female which Zorua only have a 12.5% chance of being so it can save you some breeding time. Beating it also adds a blurb to the summary of the legendary beast you used saying that "It defeated Zoroark's illusion".

quabba said:
oh gen IV, the best I can do there is a jolly male growlithe that could breed a female sneasel.
Thats if everstone holdign males work in gev IV
Ahh, it's actually fine. I managed to hatch a jolly male. What is going to happen with the litwick from earlier?

These trades are making my life a lot easier since I get good gen V pokemon out of the way without doing the grunt work(lord knows I've been doing too much of it in gen IV).

Thanks for the Archen and Axew.

Wichu

I can't beat the Breakout game on Pokemon.com :(
I got to the 4th level, and promptly lost all my lives. Anyone got any tips? Or am I just rubbish?

Gravijah

Wichu said:
I can't beat the Breakout game on Pokemon.com :(
I got to the 4th level, and promptly lost all my lives. Anyone got any tips? Or am I just rubbish?

Just keep trying, really. And ignore the powerups you don't want, so you don't make a mistake. And if you lag randomly, make sure you close a bunch of stuff before trying.

MicH

Does anyone here have a spare foreign (ie. non-English) Ditto they can part with? I wanna try using the Masuda Method a bit more :D

Gravijah

MicH said:
Does anyone here have a spare foreign (ie. non-English) Ditto they can part with? I wanna try using the Masuda Method a bit more :D

There's a Japanese one on the GTS looking for a Pachirisu.

..There's also a level 1 shiny. Do people even try?

MicH

I checked literally ten minutes ago, and the only "reasonable" was a level 100 female Levanny, a Palkia any lvl and a lvl 100 Eelektross :(

Murkas

In my experiance the most outrageous requests seems to come from Japan so try filtering the search results to other locations.

One week ago this thread quite popular :(

MicH

Gravijah said:
Even after making it Japan only?

My god, you can do that? I had no idea. Silly me. Well, it worked out after all! After countless times of putting up a regular Ditto for another Ditto in hopes of getting a Japanese one, I just now got one! A Modest one, even. Perfect! I put an Everstone on that put it to breed with my Cofagrigus. Shiny Yamask, come to me.

(I also noticed in the Pokédex that I've apparently had a German Ditto before aswell... How are you supposed to know that!? Same name!)

Roto13

MicH said:
My god, you can do that? I had no idea. Silly me. Well, it worked out after all! After countless times of putting up a regular Ditto for another Ditto in hopes of getting a Japanese one, I just now got one! A Modest one, even. Perfect! I put an Everstone on that put it to breed with my Cofagrigus. Shiny Yamask, come to me.

(I also noticed in the Pokédex that I've apparently had a German Ditto before aswell... How are you supposed to know that!? Same name!)
I put a Ditto on the GTS for another Ditto and got a Japanese one right away. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom