• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG-01

Good news, everybody! I'm testing half of my tourney team and so far I have 7 wins out of 7 and two of my opponents quit after the first round. :)

Edit: 8/8 now. :)

JVIDICAN

DMG-01 said:
Good news, everybody! I'm testing half of my tourney team and so far I have 7 wins out of 7 and two of my opponents quit after the first round. :)
Oh yeah? Well I've won about 85% of my double matches since I switched to my tourney team. >:}
Wanna test your team against mine?

DMG-01

JVIDICAN said:
Oh yeah? Well I've won about 85% of my double matches since I switched to my tourney team. >:}
Wanna test your team against mine?
Nope, because I only have half of it done and I don't want anyone to know what my team is. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
Yeah I am. My team even has Japanese players rage quitting. >:p
Watch it get torn apart in round 1 of the tourney. Lol.

Naw, that'll be me.
KuGsj.gif

Articalys

Is it true that, even with smart team/movepool selections, if you haven't done optimal nature/IV/EV breeding you're going to get annihilated in competitive battling?

Are we allowed to use gimmicks in our teams for the tournament? I'm talking, for example, using FEAR Aron/Rattata/etc. (the pokemon itself isn't important) Or are we supposed to stay strictly competitive (as in, all OUs with standard sweeper/wall/etc sets)?

Miutsu

dc89 said:
Yeah that would be fine. Just bare with me as I haven't done it in a while. Drop me a pm.

Sorry, just got home from work, I'm gonna hatch some eggs and then drop you a pm with my Pearl FC, which starters do you need? I'm guessing every starter from Gen 1 - Gen 3 :)

JVIDICAN

Articalys said:
Is it true that, even with smart team/movepool selections, if you haven't done optimal nature/IV/EV breeding you're going to get annihilated in competitive battling?
Unless you catch a luck break(four turns of full paralysis in a row), yes. :p
I have some IV bred beasts laying around if you wanted one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zee-V70 said:
Are we allowed to use gimmicks in our teams for the tournament? I'm talking, for example, using FEAR Aron/Rattata/etc. (the pokemon itself isn't important) Or are we supposed to stay strictly competitive (as in, all OUs with standard sweeper/wall/etc sets)?

Anything goes from what I understand.

Doing trades is so funny!

Trying to tell someone what you want with the lil icons really humors me :]

Me: Show Charmander > Heart/ Show Charmander > Heart/ Show Charmander > Heart/ Show Chimchar > Heart/ Show Mudkip > Heart/ Show Piplup > Heart

What am I trying to say? "I want starters! Do you have any?". No one ever got it expect once but I already had Snivy so that was a no go. :/

Delio

I've been doing a bit better now that my team is somewhat done. I'll probably have worst luck in the tournament this time XD

Roto13

Argh, GTS Negotiations. What do these people WANT from me? One was looking for water Pokemon and I showed him a bunch, including starters and rare ones, and he just kept FROWNING AT THEM and it's not like I'm even looking for anything in particular.

One person just showed me all of his hacked shiny legendaries. Fffff.

Seriously. I have a box full of Pokemon I will literally accept ANYTHING for and nobody wants them. They're uncommon ones, too, like starters and Spiritomb and Phione.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Argh, GTS Negotiations. What do these people WANT from me? One was looking for water Pokemon and I showed him a bunch, including starters and rare ones, and he just kept FROWNING AT THEM and it's not like I'm even looking for anything in particular.

Seriously. I have a box full of Pokemon I will literally accept ANYTHING for and nobody wants them. They're uncommon ones, too, like starters and Spiritomb and Phione.
j5bcid.jpg

Roto13 said:

lol, last night someone form Japan kept frowning me, showing me their shinys.

And then, at some point, I noticed that they had shown nothing BUT shiny Pokemon and they seemed to have a shiny level 100 version of ANY Pokemon I showed them (Show Absol/ FROWN! I has a level 100 shiny Absol :(/ Show Zorua/ FROWN! I has a level 100 shiny Zoroark! ) .

Hi everyone.

Just got Pokemon White today, and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me?

I'm looking to get a Sawk for my team, but since I have white, i'm unfortunate enough to have to only be able to catch Throh... So can someone be so kind as to trade me a low level Sawk? Maybe lvl 15?

I'd really appreciate the help everyone! Love the game so far.

Wiseblade

Cosmic Dreams said:
Hi everyone.

Just got Pokemon White today, and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me?

I'm looking to get a Sawk for my team, but since I have white, i'm unfortunate enough to have to only be able to catch Throh... So can someone be so kind as to trade me a low level Sawk? Maybe lvl 15?

I'd really appreciate the help everyone! Love the game so far.
You can actually get Sawk in White, it's just a little harder to find.

Delio

Bleh i hate when people suddenly get a connection error when i'm about to win. Take the defeat like a man it's all in good fun :/.

D-Pad

Sawk appears in White as well. :p Edit - Yes, same place as Throh.

I'm about to trade with my sister over WFC. She's at college.

Wish us luck. :\

Roto13 said:

You're obviously being trolled.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Soooooooooo, anyone want to trade me a Tornadus for "some crap" temporarily so I can make Landorus appear? I'll give him back afterwards! I'd similarly appreciate anyone who wants to give me a Reshiram for like 30 seconds just to get that ball next to him in the list. I'd be glad to offer whatever on my end in the same fashion to fill up any holes you might have.

Augh, breeding this Druddigon is gonna be a pain.

I have to breed a male Ekans, catch a female Druddigon, raise the Ekans until it evolves so I can teach it Thunder Fang, breed it with Druddigon to get one with Glare/Thunder Fang, and then breed THAT with an Adamant/Brave ditto to get an Adamant/Brave Druddigon with Glare and Thunder Fang.

And I still haven't decided on the ability yet. :c

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dude!

I have a Male Arbok with Fire Fang and Glare left over from my breeding of Druddigon...I can Heart Scale a Thunder Fang on it, breed a male Crimgan for you, and viola, I'll save you a bit of trouble.

Also, I can't wait to fuck people up with my Simisear and Leavanny in the tournament. >:)

why can't I use my superior Medicham and Hariyama :(

Just finished breeding a Bagon of the highest caliber and I decided to check on what I could make out of Tyranitar and Weavile before I make the permanent move to gen V.

Goddamn there are way too many ways to play that pokemon. I think I'll just finish breeding it in white...

On to a good the Sneasel then!

Watch Da Birdie said:
Dude!

I have a Male Arbok with Fire Fang and Glare left over from my breeding of Druddigon...I can Heart Scale a Thunder Fang on it, breed a male Crimgan for you, and viola, I'll save you a bit of trouble.

Also, I can't wait to fuck people up with my Simisear and Leavanny in the tournament. >:)

why can't I use my superior Medicham and Hariyama :(

Holy shit, really?! That'd be so awesome if you wouldn't mind doing that for me. :D

Friend code: 4169 3810 8669

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't get it, what's so great about fire/thunder fang vs a higher-powered move? I see there's low chances of flinching or burning/paralysis but that can't possibly be worth it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah. I'll try and get it by tommorow...I'll leave Fire Fang on it as well so that the Druddigon will have Glare, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang.

In exchange, I'd really love a Natu if you have one, but a Tirtouga is something else I need.

I don't get it, what's so great about fire/thunder fang vs a higher-powered move? I see there's low chances of flinching or burning/paralysis but that can't possibly be worth it.
Fire Fang is the best physical Fire move Druddigon can learn, iirc. He doesn't have the Sp. Atk for Flamethrower.

Anyway, I was going to EV train a Druddigon, but I got disheartened after I spent hours breeding for an Adamant with Rough Skin and ended up trading the only one I got away...to someone on here. :0

Tathanen said:

I'm mainly using it for type coverage.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yeah. I'll try and get it by tommorow...I'll leave Fire Fang on it as well so that the Druddigon will have Glare, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang.

In exchange, I'd really love a Natu if you have one, but a Tirtouga is something else I need.

I don't have a Natu, unfortunately, but I have several Tirtouga.

quabba

Well I wanted to breed a litwick and i thought id try to masuda a shiny one at the same time but I don't think i have the patience for it, but after many abortions I have produced the following, i'm gong to keep one but the rest can go to any gaffers.

If anyone has something similarly well natured and some decent IVs that would be great otherwise id just like something to fill out my national dex a bit

Litwick

Modest - Flame body - 27/13/4/24/28/31
Mild - Flash Fire - 31/17/31/30/15/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 28/31/24/30/26/13
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/31/18/22/12/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 22/31/4/27/28/27
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/17/5/30/0/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 14/1/27/30/28/31
Modest - Flame Body - 31/30/30/30/12/23
Modest - Flame Body - 27/8/5/31/27/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/28/31/30/0/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 28/0/14/30/17/31
Modest - Flame Body - 18/17/31/30/28/31
Modest - Flame Body - 30/5/30/30/18/31

I think i'll keep these two, and maybe use the brave one to breed.
Brave - Flash Fire - 31/28/31/31/30/31 (this is some sort of cruel joke brave is -spd +atk)
Modest - Flame Body - 28/27/4/30/28/31

quabba said:
Well I wanted to breed a litwick and i thought id try to masuda a shiny one at the same time but I don't think i have the patience for it, but after many abortions I have produced the following, i'm gong to keep one but the rest can go to any gaffers.

If anyone has something similarly well natured and some decent IVs that would be great otherwise id just like something to fill out my national dex a bit

Litwick

Modest - Flame body - 27/13/4/24/28/31
Mild - Flash Fire - 31/17/31/30/15/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 28/31/24/30/26/13
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/31/18/22/12/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 22/31/4/27/28/27
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/17/5/30/0/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 14/1/27/30/28/31
Modest - Flame Body - 31/30/30/30/12/23
Modest - Flame Body - 27/8/5/31/27/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 31/28/31/30/0/31
Modest - Flash Fire - 28/0/14/30/17/31
Modest - Flame Body - 18/17/31/30/28/31
Modest - Flame Body - 30/5/30/30/18/31

I think i'll keep these two, and maybe use the brave one to breed.
Brave - Flash Fire - 31/28/31/31/30/31 (this is some sort of cruel joke brave is -spd +atk)
Modest - Flame Body - 28/27/4/30/28/31
Hold these two for me, please.

Edit: I'll just take that one that is still in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom