• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

Anyway, I'm available for a while to give out flawless Dittos again. In exchange, I'd appreciate it if someone lent me a Tornadus for a while so I can get Landorus :)

EDIT: I managed to get a Tornadus, so I don't need one of those any more. I still have some Dittos if anyone wants any.

yeb

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I finally made it through the 4th train of the Super Doubles line. Then on battle 29, he gets:
Protect working 2x in a row
Blizzard killing one of my pokemon and freezing the other.
I'm pretty sure his Durant had Hustle, and it managed to hit 3/3 times

Without even one of those, I would have won. Watching the AI take 3 attacks to finish off my frozen pokemon though, I don't think it would be very difficult without the counterpicking and hax.

Fewr

Questions:

What is the maximum number of pokemon and items can I have in the entralink waiting for me to pick them up?

I've noticed people ask for elemental gems, what's their purpose? I've got a few, but I have no use for them.

Fewr said:
Questions:

What is the maximum number of pokemon and items can I have in the entralink waiting for me to pick them up?

I've noticed people ask for elemental gems, what's their purpose? I've got a few, but I have no use for them.
Boosting a single attack by 50% is occasionally pretty useful, especially in the battle tower or a wi-fi battle where you're only facing 3 pokemon and get your item back each time. People asking specifically for the Flying Gem intend to use it to abuse Acrobatics, since when you consume the gem it counts as not having an item, essentially giving you one shot of a 165 base power attack.

I don't have an answer to the other question.

Roto13

Blu_LED said:
Does anything weird happen when you switch DS systems? If I remember correctly in D/P it reset your friend code and Pal Pad? Is this still the case?
Yeah, but you can transfer all of your WFC settings over to another DS, including your friend codes and registered friends.

xSL4INx

Roto13 said:
"Game Sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it."

Isn't it supposed to reset at midnight? :/

No, it works similar to the Pal Park in D/P/P/HG/SS where it logs what time you use it, and you can't use it again until 24 hours after that time.

larvi

Ugh, where's pokemon box or ranch for B&W. I'm trying to complete my national dex and my boxes are full. Is there a quicker way to trade between your games other than using the Union room? Or a way to trade multiple pokemon at once between games? It allows me to pick multiple to show but it seems I can only select one of those to actually trade and then even if I want to trade the others I have to again go through the step of selecting them to show again, the trading just seems painfully slow this gen unless I'm missing something.

Roto13

xSL4INx said:
No, it works similar to the Pal Park in D/P/P/HG/SS where it logs what time you use it, and you can't use it again until 24 hours after that time.
Well, until now, I've been able to put a Pokemon to sleep after midnight, even if I had to wait until later to get into the Dream World website.

larvi said:
Ugh, where's pokemon box or ranch for B&W. I'm trying to complete my national dex and my boxes are full. Is there a quicker way to trade between your games other than using the Union room? Or a way to trade multiple pokemon at once between games? It allows me to pick multiple to show but it seems I can only select one of those to actually trade and then even if I want to trade the others I have to again go through the step of selecting them to show again, the trading just seems painfully slow this gen unless I'm missing something.
Yeah, I would actually use a Pokemon Ranch for Black and White. My boxes are way too full.

grumpy said:
So, I've logged over 200 hours into the game, plus another 50 into SoulSilver which I'm playing concurrently.
Pokémon obtained: 596, seen: 597 out of 639

Still missing:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...191dno0UUZVS0ZvQlVQdkE&hl=en&authkey=CLKk7cEP

Anyone willing to help me complete my pokedex? In return I can breed you pretty much any pokemon that isn't on the list above.
Pick three non-legendaries and I'll breed them for you right now. :p

Roto13

If you happen to have a spare Razor Fang, I could use it. Otherwise, there's not really anything I'm looking for that are worth trading for these. :p

zoukka

So when you breed a pokemon, do you just check the base stats with the nature to make out if it's a viable one for training? Do I need to check EV's or are they all zero with every bred pokemon?

Roto13

zoukka said:
So when you breed a pokemon, do you just check the base stats with the nature to make out if it's a viable one for training? Do I need to check EV's or are they all zero with every bred pokemon?
EVs always start at zero.

grumpy

Roto13 said:
If you happen to have a spare Razor Fang, I could use it. Otherwise, there's not really anything I'm looking for that are worth trading for these. :p

I found you a razor fang! I'll be waiting at the wifi room

FC is 1592 3892 0510

dc89

grumpy said:
So, I've logged over 200 hours into the game, plus another 50 into SoulSilver which I'm playing concurrently.
Pokémon obtained: 596, seen: 597 out of 639.

Wow o_o and I thought I played alot even though I don't have as many mon :p

So how would you go about obtaining the legendaries on your list aka event legendaries, get someone to trade you so you've seen it then look on GTS?

Roto13

Ugh, sorry Grumpy. GAF has been randomly freezing on me lately and it's been a real pain in the ass. I'm going to add you now and go into the room.

grumpy

Roto13 said:
Ugh, sorry Grumpy. GAF has been randomly freezing on me lately and it's been a real pain in the ass. I'm going to add you now and go into the room.

No prob

dc89 said:
So how would you go about obtaining the legendaries on your list aka event legendaries, get someone to trade you so you've seen it then look on GTS?

Yeah, hopefully someone will temp trade them just so i can get them on gts.

grumpy

You are the bestest and the coolestest! I've been trying to complete the Kanto Pokédex ever since the original games. You have made me a very happy man-child :p

dc89

grumpy said:
Yeah, hopefully someone will temp trade them just so i can get them on gts.

So if I was to buy HeartGold (since my bro has SoulSilver) how many could I actually catch with only that + Black.

grumpy

dc89 said:
So if I was to buy HeartGold (since my bro has SoulSilver) how many could I actually catch with only that + Black.

I don't know about HG, but I've caught 11 legendaries in Silver:

3 Kanto birds
Mewto
3 Johto dogs
Lugia + Ho-oh
Latios
Groudon

As far as I know, if you can get both Groudon + Kyogre on the same gamecard (by trade), you can unlock Rayquaza

Roto13

grumpy said:
I don't know about HG, but I've caught 11 legendaries in Silver:

3 Kanto birds
Mewto
3 Johto dogs
Lugia + Ho-oh
Latios
Groudon

As far as I know, if you can get both Groudon + Kyogre on the same gamecard, you can unlock Rayquaza
I don't remember, but don't Latias/Latios and Groudon/Kyogre require a wi-fi event that's probably long over by now? :p

grumpy

Roto13 said:
I don't remember, but don't Latias/Latios and Groudon/Kyogre require a wi-fi event that's probably long over by now? :p

I think the event was different for EU and US. For me Latios was available as soon as i beat one of the Kanto Gyms (don't recall which one). And as for Groudon, all I had to do was
beat red
then visit the cave near the Safari zone that was originally blocked by the hiker.

Roto13

It's very possible that I'm remember it wrong anyway. :p

EDIT: I think there's a Pokemon encyclopedia out there somewhere that shows you what Pokemon are unobtainable in what games, but I forget which one it is. xP

EDIT 2: I think it was Serebii.net but I can't find the page.

Roto13

Oh, I use Bulbapedia for everything. Overall, it's much better than Serebii. But I don't think they have that particular article. :p

I personally like both. They are each useful in their own way!
If i had to give preference to one I'd say Serebii because I've been using it longer, and like it's pokedex

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
DREAM WORLD!

I played the Japanese one a bit when it first came out, so nothing really exciting for me lol...I sent Mienfoo as my Dream World partner, and, wow, I love his Dream World Art. He's adorable! I have to say I really don't like his evolution...

Anyway, I ran into Taillow, Hoppip, and Poochyena. I sent Hoppip over, since it's a female, but Infiltrator seems a bit pointless on it...oh well!

zoukka

Whoo can't defeat the trainer with the 75lvl pokeman team in undella town. That Spiritbomb is ridiculous. No weaknesses? Double-team spam?

I have no flying pokemons :(

Roto13

Boo. Dream world is accessible for me but it still says the Game Sync has run out of energy when I try to tuck a Pokemon in. Nintendo's online shenanigans for the lose.

EDIT: Does anyone need a Tornadus or a Thundurus?

Renoir

Wichu said:
Anyway, I'm available for a while to give out flawless Dittos again. In exchange, I'd appreciate it if someone lent me a Tornadus for a while so I can get Landorus :)

EDIT: I managed to get a Tornadus, so I don't need one of those any more. I still have some Dittos if anyone wants any.
Are dittos that crucial to the breeding processes?

I'm trying to get the.most out of the.game, so iam going to start dabbing into breeding.

Also if a pokemon holds an ever stone, can out still learn spells that the evolution learns ?

Ie: can axew learn dragon pulse?
Even though really axerus learns it in 50+

O D I N

zoukka said:
Whoo can't defeat the trainer with the 75lvl pokeman team in undella town. That Spiritbomb is ridiculous. No weaknesses? Double-team spam?

I have no flying pokemons :(

No weakness to me means just hit it with STAB, hope for the best.

On the plus side, Spiritomb doesn't have a lot of HP.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
So...best way to check IVs of newly hatched pokemon when I have no rare candies?

Also anyone have any dittos theyre willing to part with? I'm not that far in white so I don't have much to offer but I guess I can breed my starter (tepig).

Edit: Nvm. Just battle someone in the battle subway I guess. Your pokemon auto level to 50.

zoukka

isoku said:
So...best way to check IVs of newly hatched pokemon when I have no rare candies?

Edit: Nvm. Just battle someone in the battle subway I guess. Your pokemon auto level to 50.

Argh so I have to think of IV's as well as EV's... a short explanation pls? I already know how EV's work and I found a calculator for IV's, but I don't know anything beyond that.

Read about it now... this game is too hardcore :S

Busaiku

Can I only get people from someone else's White Forest once?
Cause we were on Entralink today, and I couldn't get anyone.

She's got 10 people there, but I've only got 9 in Black City.

larvi

Finally got the trainer card upgrade for completing the national dex, 643 seen/643 obtained. Missing a couple of the new legendaries and a couple of older ones (Arceus and Manaphy) but it looks like those are needed to be considered compete for this game.

Now time to work on the other trainer card upgrades.

Roto13

larvi said:
Finally got the trainer card upgrade for completing the national dex, 643 seen/643 obtained. Missing a couple of the new legendaries and a couple of older ones (Arceus and Manaphy) but it looks like those are needed to be considered compete for this game.
I bet I can get those for you. Though there's 646 Pokemon currently available besides the Gen V event legendaries. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom