• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roto13 said:
5qhKn.jpg

"Draw me like one of your French girls."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

At first I was like "WTF" then saw your quote and burst out laughing.

suikodan

Hi,

I've done some trades with Gaffers in the past so I hope I can find some people to help me fill out my Pokedex.

For now, I am looking for 2nd Gen starters like Totodile and Chikorita. For those, I could breed them and return them.
Also looking for Archen, the 2nd fossil Pkmn in W/B.

I have good stuff to offer, I don't really know what are the hot stuff now.

My FC is 2794 9892 5028

Answer here or via PM.

Thanks!

suikodan said:
Hi,

I've done some trades with Gaffers in the past so I hope I can find some people to help me fill out my Pokedex.

For now, I am looking for 2nd Gen starters like Totodile and Chikorita. For those, I could breed them and return them.
Also looking for Archen, the 2nd fossil Pkmn in W/B.

I have good stuff to offer, I don't really know what are the hot stuff now.

My FC is 2794 9892 5028

Answer here or via PM.

Thanks!

I can send you some starters.
Do you have a Teddiursa or Stunky (or evolved forms)? I never had leaf green or silver.

I'll post the list of the rest of the pokemon I'm still missing. Hopefully we can help each other out.

edit: Still missing these pokemon.

Boney

Banned
Izayoi said:
Anyone know why Gravijah got banned?

Also I lost this thread for a while, despite the warning.

I'll be giving away some Legendaries this weekend.
i killed him

he used them shitty memes

JVIDICAN

God damn it! F these rage quitters. >:[
The only full, non disconnect match I've had all day was the one I lost.
Free mode was better than this... ;_;

Edit: I actually got into another match with one of the rage quitters. I gave him the bennefit of the doubt and went through with the match. Sure enough, once I dealt the final blow.. "The connection with the other person has been lost". :/

I just had a battle with one. T'was pretty funny, since he had so many wins (134) and experience, I was expecting a super hard battle.

First Turn: Whimsicott + Mienshao

Both of my starters are super weak to this combo. So I switch one, use Protect on the other, his Whimsicott's Flamethrower (?!?) fails, and Mienshao misses the High Jump Kick due to no effect and crashes.

"Your opponent has disconnected."

Oh lol.

That took a lot less time than I thought to get a decent one, a few hours produced this:

Nidoran-M - #032 (Modest)
HP: 23 - 24
Att: 3 - 8
Def: 20 - 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 20 - 22

I think I'll pick it back up tomorrow, but it's not too bad for an evening's work. There's a valuable lesson in this: breeding a dream world pokemon with a ditto results in NONE of the offspring having the dream world ability. It took me about seven eggs before I looked it up, Serebii & bulbapedia have conflicting information.

JVIDICAN

ColtraineGF said:
I just had a battle with one. T'was pretty funny, since he had so many wins (134) and experience, I was expecting a super hard battle.

First Turn: Whimsicott + Mienshao

Both of my starters are super weak to this combo. So I switch one, use Protect on the other, his Whimsicott's Flamethrower (?!?) fails, and Mienshao misses the High Jump Kick due to no effect and crashes.

"Your opponent has disconnected."

Oh lol.
The Flamethrower user was probably a Zoroark. :p
I've had a few encounters like that today. If my opponent is a known fake out abuser(meinshao) I'll just double protect the first turn. Most of the time the second turn never happens. >:/

HiddenWings said:
breeding a dream world pokemon with a ditto results in NONE of the offspring having the dream world ability. It took me about seven eggs before I looked it up, Serebii & bulbapedia have conflicting information.
err.. Males can't pass dream world abilities through breeding. :p
Dittos will work fine with females.

JVIDICAN said:
The Flamethrower user was probably a Zoroark. :p
I've had a few encounters like that today. If my opponent is a known fake out abuser(meinshao) I'll just double protect the first turn. Most of the time the second turn never happens. >:/
Actually, that may have been the case, since I saw one in his team. I was more distracted by the Cloyster in his team, since I hadn't played a match against one before with my team.

JVIDICAN

ColtraineGF said:
Actually, that may have been the case, since I saw one in his team. I was more distracted by the Cloyster in his team, since I hadn't played a match against one before with my team.
As long as you have a decent fighting type or rock slide user Cloyster isn't much trouble.
But if your one of those "lol. Full Dragon team!1" people, you may have a problem. :p

JVIDICAN said:
err.. Males can't pass dream world abilities through breeding. :p
Dittos will work fine with females.

No, it really doesn't, at least not for nidoran-f. About half of the eggs from a pair of nidoran had the dream world ability, while zero eggs from a nidoran and a ditto had the dream world ability. Serebii claims that this is always the case, while Bulbapedia contradicts it.

JVIDICAN

HiddenWings said:
No, it really doesn't, at least not for nidoran-f. About half of the eggs from a pair of nidoran had the dream world ability, while zero eggs from a nidoran and a ditto had the dream world ability. Serebii claims that this is always the case, while Bulbapedia contradicts it.
Ok, I see the problem. :p Yeah dittos wont work, but any pokemon in the Nidorans egg group should.

hermit7 said:
So I am thinking of getting HG or SS. Does it live up to the standards of the originals?
It supercedes them. Better everything, better Johto, better Kanto, (mostly) superior music remixes
plus the originals if you miss them
, the works.

If the game let you change the graphics to look like a GBC as an option as well, the original would become practically pointless.

Butane123

JVIDICAN said:
As long as you have a decent fighting type or rock slide user Cloyster isn't much trouble.
Cloyster really does not have a problem taking a few fighting moves or rock moves... as long as they're not special.

As someone who uses Cloyster, if you can get off a shell break (while holding a white herb), they can do very well against anything.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hermit7 said:
What makes it better? Am I going to regret missing out on the events?

It's just vastly upgraded and there are lots of little touches, like being able to rematch gym leaders. Plus they added the Safari Zone, Pokeathlon, etc. The touch screen integration is top notch (and in some cases even better than B/W), the battles are quick, the list goes on.

And yes of course, unless you don't care about legendary Pokemon.

JVIDICAN

Butane123 said:
Cloyster really does not have a problem taking a few fighting moves or rock moves... as long as they're not special.

As someone who uses Cloyster, if you can get off a shell break (while holding a white herb), they can do very well against anything.
They're troublesome when they hit, especially with skill link, but I've never really had a problem with them in doubles. I don't let them stick around too long though. :p

hermit7

Andrex said:
It's just vastly upgraded and there are lots of little touches, like being able to rematch gym leaders. Plus they added the Safari Zone, Pokeathlon, etc. The touch screen integration is top notch (and in some cases even better than B/W), the battles are quick, the list goes on.

And yes of course, unless you don't care about legendary Pokemon.

I guess I will pick it up then. Sounds good, and Silver is hands down my favorite of the generations.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hermit7 said:
I guess I will pick it up then. Sounds good, and Silver is hands down my favorite of the generations.

It was mine too, until SoulSilver.

Now White is contesting for the crown...

D-Pad

The Broken Ska Record said:
White's good, but I don't know if I'd put it above HeartGold. Even as it is now, White is a close number 2.

Understandable, you know, with Lyra and all... Dem overalls, woof!

Salsa

god dammit im out of the loop since this thread got moved to the community side, i just dont think about it and forget it ughhhhhnnnn

did i miss something ?

The rage is strong with these people...three DCers in a row makes me a sad panda.

Aside from that, I think I'll save my Dream World time for midday. That way, I have somewhere to visit when I'm at work :)
Jamesfrom818 said:
I have an EV trained Mienshao but I just happened to catch a Sawk while Audino grinding. Which one is better?
Well, Sawk has better defenses than Mienshao, but slightly worse Speed. Movepools are similar, the abilities...Regenerator is good, Sturdy is good. Both have the same attack...

Hmm...personal preference?

Salsa

Alright, woke up Magby, got some berries and a lickitung with cloud nine, that was cool.

How do i get my eevee evolution ?

edit: god damn triple post

upandaway

So no one knows if we'll be able to get a female DW Eeveelution?

I settled on Jolteon yesterday, and my friend got Espeon. Those are the best 2 from what I can see. Jolteon doesn't have that amazing an ability but man is Jolteon awesome anyway, so I just took it.

After about 2 weeks of punching the rock/getting a fossil/talking to treasure beach guy/battling the stadiums/the rich guys, my team's finally within E4/Gamefreak levels (69 all). I could have probably beaten the E4 sooner but I didn't really have time for it mid-week.

By the way, about Life Orb... does it really stack with Sheer Force or am I missing something? Because it seems kinda silly that my Braviary's Crush Claw would fly at 190 damage without the life loss of Life Orb.

Wichu

upandaway said:
By the way, about Life Orb... does it really stack with Sheer Force or am I missing something? Because it seems kinda silly that my Braviary's Crush Claw would fly at 190 damage without the life loss of Life Orb.
Yup, items stack with abilities. And yes, Sheer Force removes Life Orb recoil for some reason. Have fun with your 190-power attack. It's not quite as strong as Darmanitan's 228-power Flare Blitz, but should still hit damn hard :)

OMG Aero

upandaway said:
Sheer Force only removes Life Orb recoil from moves that are boosted by Sheer Force (So if you used surf with Sheer Force and a Life Orb you would still take recoil but not if you did the same thing with flamethrower).
The fact that Sheer Force doesn't activate and prevent negative effects of your attacks (Like moves which decrease your own stats) but does for some reason block Life Orb recoil on certain moves means it's probably a bug or something.

I finally finished EV training the last pokemon from gen IV and I can make the jump to gen V without any reservations. I have not tried the dream world yet so I'm excited about that. Battle subway is going to be fun as hell when I railroad those motherfuckers with all my well bred pokemon.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom