• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Roto13 said:
Boo. Dream world is accessible for me but it still says the Game Sync has run out of energy when I try to tuck a Pokemon in. Nintendo's online shenanigans for the lose.

EDIT: Does anyone need a Tornadus or a Thundurus?

I need a Thundurus to catch Landorus :X

Roto13

dc89 said:
I need a Thundurus to catch Landorus :X
Want one of mine? 53 on the friend code list.

EDIT: Actually, you may have to wait on that for a bit. But I will have one for you later. ;P

EDIT 2: In other news:

larvi said:
Finally got the trainer card upgrade for completing the national dex, 643 seen/643 obtained. Missing a couple of the new legendaries and a couple of older ones (Arceus and Manaphy) but it looks like those are needed to be considered compete for this game.

I do have a Manaphy for you. :p

dc89

Roto13 said:
Want one of mine? 53 on the friend code list.

EDIT: Actually, you may have to wait on that for a bit. But I will have one for you later. ;P

Sure no problem just say when, I'm last on the list :p

dc89

Roto13 said:
Ok, got one. xD Go wait for me in the room. It's a Spanish one, I think.

Haha on my way!

What do you want in return? =x

Super_chicken: Nope you talk to someone and then he sends you to the island (I'm pretty sure thats it) was reading about it before.

Roto13 said:
DPP. It's a roamer. Not that ridiculous, really. :p

I thought you had to grab a ticket from an event to get to Full Moon Island. and cmon the roaming pokemon want to make me perform seppuku! :(

edit: thanks DC, I'll look into getting him them. Right now I'm picking up the rest of my super easy (yet not so easy) older pokemon I've missed from the older GBA games.

larvi

Roto13 said:
I bet I can get those for you. Though there's 646 Pokemon currently available besides the Gen V event legendaries. :p

So far all of the others I've gotten myself from various events and legit methods so I'm trying not to trade for something that may or may not be legit or cloned, etc. Manaphy I can get legit from pokemon ranger, I just haven't been able to beat the game (I'm currently stuck capturing Entei and can't stand the game mechanics in Ranger and I suck at drawing circles with my stylus) For Arceus, unfortunately I missed the TRU event and while I could resort to a quasi-legit method of running the mystery gift program for it myself, I'm hoping there is eventually another legit means of getting one again. The 646'th that I need still is Landorus and I can get that without a problem, just not sure which nature I want so haven't taken the time to save and reset for one.

Roto13

dc89 said:
Haha on my way!

What do you want in return? =x

Super_chicken: Nope you talk to someone and then he sends you to the island (I'm pretty sure thats it) was reading about it before.
I don't want anything. :p A rare candy wouldn't go astray, though. Are you in the room?

larvi said:
So far all of the others I've gotten myself from various events and legit methods so I'm trying not to trade for something that may or may not be legit or cloned, etc. Manaphy I can get legit from pokemon ranger, I just haven't been able to beat the game (I'm currently stuck capturing Entei and can't stand the game mechanics in Ranger and I suck at drawing circles with my stylus) For Arceus, unfortunately I missed the TRU event and while I could resort to a quasi-legit method of running the mystery gift program for it myself, I'm hoping there is eventually another legit means of getting one again. The 646'th that I need still is Landorus and I can get that without a problem, just not sure which nature I want so haven't taken the time to save and reset for one.
Pretty sure this Manaphy is legit, but if you'd rather catch it yourself, that's ok.

Roto13

dc89 said:
I have no idea how to work this room haha, do I go upto the computer and choose Trade? o_o or just wait there.
If you've added my code correctly, we should see each other. :p I'm going to double check and see if I've added yours right.

EDIT: Yup. Yours is right. Are you in the center (wi fi) room and not the left (union) room? :p

dc89

Roto13 said:
If you've added my code correctly, we should see each other. :p I'm going to double check and see if I've added yours right.

EDIT: Yup. Yours is right.

Alrite I'll check yours.

Yeah yours didn't go into my Pal Pad for some reason, but thanks alot! =D

larvi

Roto13 said:
Pretty sure this Manaphy is legit, but if you'd rather catch it yourself, that's ok.

I appreciate the offer but still want to try to catch my own, catching them all myself is part of the pokemon challenge for me. I wonder if Ranger would be easier or harder on a DSi XL? My guess would be harder since the circles would be bigger, thus slower. I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

I also notice that serebii says Manaphy can be acquired from the Dream World in b/w. Do you know if this is correct? When I click on the areas I don't see Manaphy listed there.

Roto13

larvi said:
I appreciate the offer but still want to try to catch my own, catching them all myself is part of the pokemon challenge for me. I wonder if Ranger would be easier or harder on a DSi XL? My guess would be harder since the circles would be bigger, thus slower. I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

I also notice that serebii says Manaphy can be acquired from the Dream World in b/w. Do you know if this is correct? When I click on the areas I don't see Manaphy listed there.
I guess any Pokemon can be added to the dream world, but I don't think Manaphy has been added in Japan and it definitely hasn't been added in North America. It doesn't have a dream world ability, either. But, then, neither does Arceus, and apparently that's available in the Dream World.

larvi

Roto13 said:
I guess any Pokemon can be added to the dream world, but I don't think Manaphy has been added in Japan and it definitely hasn't been added in North America. It doesn't have a dream world ability, either. But, then, neither does Arceus, and apparently that's available in the Dream World.

Thanks for the info, I guess there is hope for me for Arceus then too.

Gruco

Banned
3 days of dream worlding, and I'm at 550 dream points. 10,000 is going to take some time. I'm sure Drought and Drizzle will me be worth it, but man, I am really going to get sick of those minigames...

isny

napkin dispenser
Gruco said:
3 days of dream worlding, and I'm at 550 dream points. 10,000 is going to take some time. I'm sure Drought and Drizzle will me be worth it, but man, I am really going to get sick of those minigames...

Where do you track your dream points? And how do you spend the points you earn? I must have missed that memo...

MatthewB92 said:
What does the pass orb do?

When you get a bunch, and have people in Entranet, you get special bonuses for them for a short period of time. (Higher catch rate, higher encounter rate, etc.)

Wiseblade said:
Anime Snivy is too good for Ash. Emolga is hilarious too, way better than that stupid Oshawott.
Wrong. Oshawoot>Snivy.
Can't comment on Emolga haven't gotten that far in the anime yet. Only watched til 25 I think.

Gruco

Banned
isny said:
Where do you track your dream points? And how do you spend the points you earn? I must have missed that memo...
It's under your profile page on the site. You don't spend them, but hitting certain thresholds open up new dream world areas and Pokemon.

isny

napkin dispenser
Gruco said:
It's under your profile page on the site. You don't spend them, but hitting certain thresholds open up new dream world areas and Pokemon.

Damn, I'm only at just under 400. Soon I'll have all of the Pokemon I want from this part of the forest anyways I guess, and then I can just grind points in the easier games.

Wiseblade

MatthewB92 said:
Wrong. Oshawoot>Snivy.
Can't comment on Emolga haven't gotten that far in the anime yet. Only watched til 25 I think.
Ugh, Oshawott is a more annoying version of Piplup from last season who's only more tolerant because Ash doesn't put up with its shenanigans like Dawn did.

Snivy is pure awesome. She's done nothing but wreck face since her introduction and is the first to see through everyone else's hijinks. Part of me wants snivy to just give up on Ash and leave him, but the the best thing about the show would be gone.

Emolga is the only other Pokémon with an attitude I don't completely despise. Most of the others have no real personality, Axew is there just to sell plush toys and I liked Excadrill more when it was called Charizard.

Boss Man

Gruco said:
Woohoo! Unova dex complete. Next project: Kanto dex.

Uh, anybody out there willing to lend a Mew?
Is there any way to get a legit Mew in B/W atm? I'd like to have one with my name on it...not possible?

Gruco

Banned
I think there were Fire Red / Leaf Green and HG/SS events, both of which will still be transferable and legal. That's all we got until a new event comes along.

isny

napkin dispenser
StateofMind said:
Is there any way to get a legit Mew in B/W atm? I'd like to have one with my name on it...not possible?

Using "My Pokémon Ranch" and a copy of D/P can get you a Mew.

From Bulbapedia:

"Special Pokémon

These two Pokémon are only available once some requirements are filled. Once 250 Pokémon are present on the ranch, the ranch will expand and jump to a new level. When this level is obtained, Hayley will add a new Pokémon to the "Wanted" board, Leafeon. When Leafeon is brought to the ranch, she will offer to trade it for her Phione. When 999 Pokémon are present, the ranch will expand and jump to level 25, the maximum level. Once this level is obtained, a new wanted Pokémon will be added. Hayley is now asking for any Pokémon egg. When the egg is brought, she will offer to trade it for her Mew."

Boss Man

isny said:
Using "My Pokémon Ranch" and a copy of D/P can get you a Mew.

From Bulbapedia:

"Special Pokémon

These two Pokémon are only available once some requirements are filled. Once 250 Pokémon are present on the ranch, the ranch will expand and jump to a new level. When this level is obtained, Hayley will add a new Pokémon to the "Wanted" board, Leafeon. When Leafeon is brought to the ranch, she will offer to trade it for her Phione. When 999 Pokémon are present, the ranch will expand and jump to level 25, the maximum level. Once this level is obtained, a new wanted Pokémon will be added. Hayley is now asking for any Pokémon egg. When the egg is brought, she will offer to trade it for her Mew."
Oh wow...

Don't even have a Wii (much less 999 Pokemon), but cool nonetheless.

Just found a Kangaskhan in Dream World, not bad!

Xavien

Gruco said:

3 days also here, with 1420 dream points, but i have been befriending like 15-20 pokemon each day, trading with folks when i can, watering their plants and getting dream pals.

So i dont think it should take that long tbh.

Hoping for more unique pokemon right now, since nearly everything i've encounted, i could get at white forest (abilities not withstanding).

I got a third row in my garden tonight. :) I just checked on my berries and a diglett popped up in the corner of the screen and made a new row. AWWWW YEAH. And if you're into the decor stuff for the DW then you can talk to a lady in Nacrene City that will "brainstorm" a decor item of a type you choose and you'll be able to use it in the DW. Free I think, I choose a poster and it said 5 Sitrus berries needed(which I didn't have) but it gave me an option to swap it in anyway. Anyway, I think you can talk to her once a day for that but I'm not positive.

And I have 980 DW points. What exactly makes it go up? Minigames? Garden? Visiting other peoples homes? Anyone know?

yeb

How exactly do I turn friends into dream pals? The only option I see is to send a dream pal request when visiting someone's home, but it only lets me visit random homes, not friends' homes.

JVIDICAN

yeb said:
How exactly do I turn friends into dream pals? The only option I see is to send a dream pal request when visiting someone's home, but it only lets me visit random homes, not friends' homes.
visit their dream Home/island and in the corner of the screen you should have the option to add them.

UberTag

After years of playing Pokemon games and only seeing one legit shiny Zubat in the wild back when Ruby/Sapphire came out, I somehow wound up seeing two tonight in as many hours.

Felt like a total schmuck the first time around as I ran into a shiny Crustle in the dark grass of Route 18 parked alongside a Scraggy in a Double Battle and I reflexively ran as I was in the middle of grabbing a TM or something. Kicked myself afterwards but got over it.

Then, I ran into a shiny Litwick in the Celestial Tower just a few minutes ago. Wasn't planning on training one due to the absence of Heat Wave but it's a fricken shiny Litwick. It's going to look awesome as Chandelure.

JVIDICAN

UberTag said:
After years of playing Pokemon games and only seeing one legit shiny Zubat in the wild back when Ruby/Sapphire came out, I somehow wound up seeing two tonight in as many hours.

Felt like a total schmuck the first time around as I ran into a shiny Crustle in the dark grass of Route 18 parked alongside a Scraggy in a Double Battle and I reflexively ran as I was in the middle of grabbing a TM or something. Kicked myself afterwards but got over it.

Then, I ran into a shiny Litwick in the Celestial Tower just a few minutes ago. Wasn't planning on training one due to the absence of Heat Wave but it's a fricken shiny Litwick. It's going to look awesome as Chandelure.
Shiny Chandelure doesn't have shit on shiny Scrafty! >:}
Lol. Congrats! :)

JVIDICAN said:
I'm wondering what the hell happened there. lol.
A golden metapod would've looked awesome. :p

I know, sooo much better:

SlND1.png

heheh harden you to death!

yeb

JVIDICAN said:
visit their dream Home/island and in the corner of the screen you should have the option to add them.
That's the whole problem, I can't visit their homes until they're dream pals and I can't make them dream pals until I visit their homes. It's like a catch 22. The only houses I see on the map belong to random strangers, just one house that changes each time I look at the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom