• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
balladofwindfishes said:
A few questions about dream world

- Where's my Jolteon and how do I transfer it
- Can I only transfer one Pokemon a day?
Sending pokemon to bed resets at midnight but trips are on a 24 hour timer, so might as well consider that one per day. Also wait until you've taken care of business everywhere else because after you choose a Pokemon from the dream tree you're done for the day.

The brick-break game Pokemon aren't going to be available until after the game is taken down on May 5th.

dc89

God I'm stupid.

Back in 2007 when I started Diamond I learnt my Dialga
CUT :|
facepalm me all you want :p

There is no way I can undo that right to trade it across? :/

Wiseblade

dc89 said:
God I'm stupid.

There's a guy in Canaclave city who will Delete moves from your Pokémon in a house just below the Pokémon center.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Main Team:

hydreigona7pz.png
volcaronasl0w.png
golurk6948.png
bisharpfxb4.png
sigilyphwlyy.png
samurott1lof.png

dc89 said:
God I'm stupid.

Go to the move deleter in Diamond (Canalave City, go to the house above the Pokemart). Yes he deletes HMs.

Xavien

Hexadecimalt said:
Sending pokemon to bed resets at midnight but trips are on a 24 hour timer, so might as well consider that one per day. Also wait until you've taken care of business everywhere else because after you choose a Pokemon from the dream tree you're done for the day.

The brick-break game Pokemon aren't going to be available until after the game is taken down on May 5th.

You can go to other peoples homes and trade and water there after you pick your pokemon at the dream tree. I like to do that after picking a pokemon to help boost dream points and get a wider range of berries to plant in the future. Only after your hour is up or you press the power off button at the top-right are you truly done for the day ;)

Xavien said:
You can go to other peoples homes and trade and water there after you pick your pokemon at the dream tree. I like to do that after picking a pokemon to help boost dream points and get a wider range of berries to plant in the future. Only after your hour is up or you press the power off button at the top-right are you truly done for the day ;)
Oh...really? Wow, I thought you had to leave after you choose a pokemon. Awesome.

Morokh

Xavien said:

okay, but how do you see / add people ? I can only see my Island and that's all :eek:

Boss Man

Zekrom
zekrom.png
Tide
samurott1lof.png
Victini
victini.png
Spark
raichu.png
Brawler
conkeldurr.png

This is what my team looks like right now. Anyone got any good ideas for a sixth member? I would do well to get rid of some HM holds and pass them on to a designated HM slave, but I might prefer to add a powerful sixth Poke that adds something to the team.

Here are some ideas I had:

Alkzm.png
[Alakazam]- A psychic Pokemon would let me leave Victini to focus on Fire attacks. Also, Alakazam is awesome.

lugia.png
[Lugia]- Another psychic addition, Lugia has always been one of my favorite Pokes. I could also move Fly from Zekrom.

celebi.png
[Celebi]- I don't know how to go about getting one of these guys, but Celebi would cover my need for Psychic and Grass types.

mew.png
[Mew]- One of, if not my favorite Pokemon. Would be a great way to clear those HM's and have one of my favorites kicking around at the same time. However, I don't see myself coming across a legit Mew

JVIDICAN

StateofMind said:
Zekrom
zekrom.png
Tide
samurott1lof.png
Victini
victini.png
Spark
raichu.png
Brawler
conkeldurr.png

This is what my team looks like right now. Anyone got any good ideas for a sixth member? I would do well to get rid of some HM holds and pass them on to a designated HM slave, but I might prefer to add a powerful sixth Poke that adds something to the team.

Here are some ideas I had:

Alkzm.png
[Alakazam]- A psychic Pokemon would let me leave Victini to focus on Fire attacks. Also, Alakazam is awesome.

lugia.png
[Lugia]- Another psychic addition, Lugia has always been one of my favorite Pokes. I could also move Fly from Zekrom.

celebi.png
[Celebi]- I don't know how to go about getting one of these guys, but Celebi would cover my need for Psychic and Grass types.

mew.png
[Mew]- One of, if not my favorite Pokemon. Would be a great way to clear those HM's and have one of my favorites kicking around at the same time. However, I don't see myself coming across a legit Mew

560MS.png
[Scrafty]- He's a Boss.
scrafty.jpg

Anilusion

I keep getting "Communication error..." when trying to connect to game sync. No error code or anything. Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

upandaway

isny said:
Holy crap at the guy who buys Nuggets, etc. for double the amount other vendors give =D
It's cruel how they're hiding him like that. It haunts me in my dream how much I lost selling those stuff to normal shops. I must have sold like 10 star pieces before I knew about him.

Merovin

Wiseblade said:
Anime Snivy is too good for Ash. Emolga is hilarious too, way better than that stupid Oshawott.

I really want to start watching the Anime again. There's a part of me that would love to start from the beginning entirely, but I know that would practically be impossible. How does Best Wishes hold up?

Xavien

Morokh said:
okay, but how do you see / add people ? I can only see my Island and that's all :eek:

Have you checked the dream map (button at the top left), you have to also go to your profile (global link and pokemon trainer profiles) and allow everyone to see your dream pal status in order to see others (i think).

You should see this when you edit your profile:

e0eK7.png

upandaway said:
It's cruel how they're hiding him like that. It haunts me in my dream how much I lost selling those stuff to normal shops. I must have sold like 10 star pieces before I knew about him.

You may not like what I'm about to tell you, then. Star pieces can be traded for PP ups on the weekend in Anville Town; Aside from pickup, this is the only real way to get them.

This doesn't make as much difference when beating the veterans who sometimes appear in the stadiums award a PP max for each victory, but these two items are traditionally pretty hard to get.

Wiseblade

Merovin said:
I really want to start watching the Anime again. There's a part of me that would love to start from the beginning entirely, but I know that would practically be impossible. How does Best Wishes hold up?

That depends on what you're after. If you want "The Continuing Adventures of Ash the Ace Trainer" then you're going to be disappointed. But if you like the idea of watching a nostalgia free but arguably better version of Season 1, then check it out.

Morokh

Xavien said:
Have you checked the dream map (button at the top left), you have to also go to your profile (global link and pokemon trainer profiles) and allow everyone to see your dream pal status in order to see others (i think).

You should see this when you edit your profile:

e0eK7.png

will check that tomorrow, thank you :p

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Wiseblade said:
That depends on what you're after. If you want "The Continuing Adventures of Ash the Ace Trainer" then you're going to be disappointed. But if the idea of watching a more nostalgia free but arguably better version of Season 1, then check it out.
Yeah I flipped past it the other day and apparently he still uses the wrong type matchup while his "friend" (whoever that girl is now) on the sidelines explains to the viewer what type is good against what.

upandaway

HiddenWings said:
You may not like what I'm about to tell you, then. Star pieces can be traded for PP ups on the weekend in Anville Town; Aside from pickup, this is the only real way to get them.

This doesn't make as much difference when beating the veterans who sometimes appear in the stadiums award a PP max for each victory, but these two items are traditionally pretty hard to get.
Oh yeah I know about that.

Right now, getting full max monies is way way WAY more important to me than some phony extra PPs.

It's full money for fuck's sake. All 9's and 99's and 999's. I don't even know how much I need to get, but there has to be a limit.

UberTag

Anyone know if the 50 Pokemon cap remains in place for the Dream World in North America? I know it was lifted for Japan but I'm being somewhat fussy over which ones I send back (if any at all) due to that restriction. Especially given that a number of Pokemon who can't be found in Black & White at all open up once you hit 7,500 Dream Points. I also don't want to use up all 50 of my spots before I can score a Multiscale Dragonite (via Marvel Scale Dratini).

By and large I'm having a lot of fun with the Dream World. Diglett expanded my garden today, I've stockpiled a number of berries and I've almost bagged all of the designer furniture set. The ice cream game seems to be the most difficult to really do well at so bagging nice DW moves for Pokemon linked to it will likely prove challenging.

btkadams

damn i wish my black city started with 10 people. i've got 5 but they sell useless stuff for me.

i need a shiny stone and a dusk stone and i guess i'll have to mine dust clouds.

isny

napkin dispenser
btkadams said:
damn i wish my black city started with 10 people. i've got 5 but they sell useless stuff for me.

i need a shiny stone and a dusk stone and i guess i'll have to mine dust clouds.

I think I have an extra of both. Not sure what you'd trade me for em though.

Busaiku

UberTag said:
Anyone know if the 50 Pokemon cap remains in place for the Dream World in North America? I know it was lifted for Japan but I'm being somewhat fussy over which ones I send back (if any at all) due to that restriction. Especially given that a number of Pokemon who can't be found in Black & White at all open up once you hit 7,500 Dream Points. I also don't want to use up all 50 of my spots before I can score a Multiscale Dragonite (via Marvel Scale Dratini).
Wait, what?!
After you send back 50 Pokemon, that's it?!

Seriously?

hermit7

So I am playing Soul Silver, but seem to be stuck. Just beat Whitney in Goldenrod, but can't recall what I am supposed to do now.

Advice?

hermit7 said:
So I am playing Soul Silver, but seem to be stuck. Just beat Whitney in Goldenrod, but can't recall what I am supposed to do now.

Advice?
Just keep moving forward, through the upper exit of the city. Though, before you do so, go to the shop in the north part of the city (I think), and get the Squirtbottle.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just got Cobalion with no resets needed =D

Now to try for Virizion!

btkadams said:
sent you a pm with stuff i could trade if you were interested.

Don't worry about it man, I don't really need either. I'll just hop on and trade you and you can trade me whatever. My FC info is on the list.

jman2050

Wait so I'm confused.

Can you only receive one pokemon via the dream board per sync? Cause the UI makes me believe you can get up to 10 in one session, but I don't recall an option for choosing multiple pokemon and wishing at the dream tree once locks it until the next day.

Busaiku

jman2050 said:
Wait so I'm confused.

Can you only receive one pokemon via the dream board per sync? Cause the UI makes me believe you can get up to 10 in one session, but I don't recall an option for choosing multiple pokemon and wishing at the dream tree once locks it until the next day.
Yeah, I'm wondering this as well.

hermit7

ColtraineGF said:
Just keep moving forward, through the upper exit of the city. Though, before you do so, go to the shop in the north part of the city (I think), and get the Squirtbottle.
That was it! Thanks I appreciate it.

jman2050

Also I visited some random Japanese dream worlds and actually found a bunch of EV-reducing berries being grown. I didn't realize those were available yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've been stuck in the "tucking in" screen for 10 minutes now :/

Should I have synced the game to my account beforehand? Damn.

isny

napkin dispenser
My choices today:

Hydropump Surskit
Giga Drain Exeggcute
Superfang Nidoran Female

Help Gaf?!?

I'm thinking Nidoran, but can't make up meh mind!

Schmitty

SO sick of morons on GTS negotiations who just want to show legendaries and shines I don't care about. I love frowning as they show shinies and legendaries.

isny

napkin dispenser
Schmitty said:
SO sick of morons on GTS negotiations who just want to show legendaries and shines I don't care about. I love frowning as they show shinies and legendaries.

Negotiations is pretty much just a waste of time due to this =(

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
How can I get the new Pokedex and C-Gear skins? I'm supposed to log into the Dream World? I did that and made a Pokemon sleep but I didn't see where to download anything.

isny

napkin dispenser
isny said:
Damn, I'm only at just under 400. Soon I'll have all of the Pokemon I want from this part of the forest anyways I guess, and then I can just grind points in the easier games.

Alright, so I went up from 400 yesterday to 700 today. I guess it just pays to play as many games and get the highest scores possible. The bouncing game and the scooping game kick me ass though =(

D-Pad

'Sup guys?
mNVA8m.jpg
FN3BAm.jpg

vNXkFm.jpg
EYQZHm.jpg

You know, I learned some new math today.

Ta = Time to take apart
Tt = Time to put back together
P = Number of helpers

Tt = Ta x 10 - (P(.2))

But at least I fixed my DS! :D Not more broken hinge!

Ooh, fancy color scheme.

I ended up breaking the video ribbon on my DS Lite the second time I tried to fix it... and I can't even do the reapir myself, since I basically need to know how to solder to take the speakers off the top screen.

D-Pad

ColtraineGF said:
Ooh, fancy color scheme.

I ended up breaking the video ribbon on my DS Lite the second time I tried to fix it... and I can't even do the reapir myself, since I basically need to know how to solder to take the speakers off the top screen.

Yeah, it was a red replacement kit, but I decided to mix a match. :p The difficult spots were inserting the hinge-rods, that silver cap piece you see in the first picture, feeding the bus through said rods and then out of the way without damaging it, screwing the circuit board back in place (could only get two screws in), and THE FUCKING L and R BUTTONS w/SPRINGS (I might actually have to redo those
LLShC.gif
).

Had a bit of a scare when I tried to turn it on and the bottom screen flashed before turning off. I knew it was because of a bad connection with the top screen so I thought I had overworked the bus, but I just had it upside down. :p The buttons are pretty good still -- they sit a bit further in than before which is kind of annoying but at least it's not unplayable, and as I mentioned before I might have to re-attach the L & R buttons again. They are stiff and the R bumper doesn't even feel like it's attached. :\ It took two people to reassemble those two buttons alone: One to hold them in place, and another to attach the back plate.
KuGsj.gif

Also, another reason Phat is king: No soldering required. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom