• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

isny said:
Really? Maybe I should add people then...

How do you go about adding people?

Your privacy settings have to be set so everyone can see you. Then when you go to the dream pal map you'll see a single random dream world you can go to and explore. You can make a dream pal request from there.

Incidentally, people can do the same thing to you and, in fact, people who visit your dream world are registered on that little footprint map and you can visit THOSE people anytime you want as well. You can also visit any dream pal of a person you're currently visiting, so if someone shows up/you make a friend that's involved in a large network, it becomes much easier to explore other dream worlds at will.

EDIT -

First day: "Ah, an hour to use the dream world? Well, that's plenty of time, seems reasonable enough."

Few days later: "Oh god why do I only have an hour I hate you Nintendo ugggggggggggh"

Morokh

jman2050 said:
First day: "Ah, an hour to use the dream world? Well, that's plenty of time, seems reasonable enough."

Few days later: "Oh god why do I only have an hour I hate you Nintendo ugggggggggggh"

The games tend to become really boring VERY FAST so the 1 hour limit is more of a blessing for me.

3 days and I don't even approach the 1000 points, you need 2500 to get the next island and i just can't stand hide and seek anymore :mad:

Roto13

So, uh, was GAF down all weekend for anyone else or just me? o_O
UberTag said:
After years of playing Pokemon games and only seeing one legit shiny Zubat in the wild back when Ruby/Sapphire came out, I somehow wound up seeing two tonight in as many hours.

Felt like a total schmuck the first time around as I ran into a shiny Crustle in the dark grass of Route 18 parked alongside a Scraggy in a Double Battle and I reflexively ran as I was in the middle of grabbing a TM or something. Kicked myself afterwards but got over it.

Then, I ran into a shiny Litwick in the Celestial Tower just a few minutes ago. Wasn't planning on training one due to the absence of Heat Wave but it's a fricken shiny Litwick. It's going to look awesome as Chandelure.
Awww, I want a Shiny Litwick. :(

Schmitty said:
SO sick of morons on GTS negotiations who just want to show legendaries and shines I don't care about. I love frowning as they show shinies and legendaries.
Shinies and legendaries are the only reason I even use GTS Negotiations, n00b. I got a ton of them over the weekend. :p

upandaway

Just got a Tangela. The choice was between him and Sunkern (I skipped all the Pokemon I saw before). Once I saw Tangela's DW ability I rushed for it. It sounds awesome.

isny

napkin dispenser
Slermy said:
Where are you guys finding out how many Dream Points you have?

Profile -> Dream World tab -> Middle of page

upandaway said:
Just got a Tangela. The choice was between him and Sunkern (I skipped all the Pokemon I saw before). Once I saw Tangela's DW ability I rushed for it. It sounds awesome.

By skipping the others you lose a ton of points. I'm averaging 10 per day (which I think it what it caps you out at).

UberTag

Slermy said:
Where are you guys finding out how many Dream Points you have?
Click on the Profile button on the pokemon-gl.com website once you're signed in and then the Pokemon Dream World tab at the top of that section. You'll see your current Dream Points tally in the Status section.

I'm currently at 1,570. Hoping to clear 2,500 and open up the Open Sky island area by the weekend. Big prize then will be Natu (who can't be found in either Black or White). Will also be looking to bag a Hoppip w/ Encore to breed over to the Whimsicott line and a Murkrow as I'm predominantly playing White at the moment.

Roto13

UberTag said:
Click on the Profile button on the pokemon-gl.com website once you're signed in and then the Pokemon Dream World tab at the top of that section. You'll see your current Dream Points tally in the Status section.

I'm currently at 1,570. Hoping to clear 2,500 and open up the Open Sky island area by the weekend. Big prize then will be Natu (who can't be found in either Black or White). Will also be looking to bag a Hoppip w/ Encore to breed over to the Whimsicott line and a Murkrow as I'm predominantly playing White at the moment.
I could offer you a Natu, but not with THAT avatar.

Morokh

UberTag said:

I can give you a Cotonee with Encore if you want, I even have some of them with really good IV's (they are all Bold Nature iirc)

Whimsicot is seriously rage-quit material :D it's just too good to be true :p

EDIT : WOOT member ! 8D

Merovin

Wiseblade said:
That depends on what you're after. If you want "The Continuing Adventures of Ash the Ace Trainer" then you're going to be disappointed. But if you like the idea of watching a nostalgia free but arguably better version of Season 1, then check it out.

I started Best Wishes, and I'm enjoying it so far. Though it does feel like we're back to season one, what happened to Ash's knowledge? Throwing poke balls randomly like a boss!

Morokh

I was wondering something when reading some Pokemon analyses on a French website.

When it is stated somewhere that, say Drizzle + Swift Swim, or Poison Heal + Roost are forbidden combos it is just because they are following some self-made rules like Smogon's, or is there some official Nintendo tournament rules ?

Morokh said:
I was wondering something when reading some Pokemon analyses on a French website.

When it is stated somewhere that, say Drizzle + Swift Swim, or Poison Heal + Roost are forbidden combos it is just because they are following some self-made rules like Smogon's, or is there some official Nintendo tournament rules ?
Smogon.

Well, the Drizzle/Swift Swim thing, at least. In any case, it only applies to OU, and if you play by their rules in the first place.

Slermy

isny said:
Profile -> Dream World tab -> Middle of page

By skipping the others you lose a ton of points. I'm averaging 10 per day (which I think it what it caps you out at).

Thanks Isny and UberTag. Let's see how many I've aquired...

...I only have 360. :(

Morokh said:

Generally speaking, Nintendo's rules are simple and more or less useless:

1. Black of a small number of legendaries:
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
Yes, several of them are allowed under smogon rules, no idea what Gen V get put here. Nintendo has periodically (randomly) modified rules too so sometimes it's no legendaries at all, sometimes latios/latias are on the list, etc.

2. Restrictions to a small number of legendaries: No more than two from this list:
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
(This is primarily for double battle but may apply anyway?)

3. No illegal pokemon setups.

4. Also not consistent, but often I hear they will use doubles clause (you can't use two of the same pokemon, eg: no six deep wobbuffet squads)

Yes, if you want though, hax-wobbuffet is a go.

jman2050

Morokh said:
The games tend to become really boring VERY FAST so the 1 hour limit is more of a blessing for me.

3 days and I don't even approach the 1000 points, you need 2500 to get the next island and i just can't stand hide and seek anymore :mad:

You deal with the minigames when you're trying to grind up dream points :p

Morokh

this whole 'out of energy' thing is seriously stupid ...

I was able to connect for 3 days in a row at the same time (meaning now) and today the damn thing just doesn't want to ....

EDIT : but my black version seems to work ... uh ? o_O

N4Us said:
Just caught a wild shiny Audino. Damn it looks ugly.

QxnoX.png

holy shit Evil Audino

yeb

Morokh said:

There's a difference between these two combos.

Drizzle + Swift Swim was banned, as said, by Smogon. They thought it was overpowered or overcentralizing or whatever, so they banned it to avoid dealing with it.

Poison Heal + Roost is actually impossible without hacking, though. Gligar/Gliscor only get their DW abilities if they're born in 5th gen obviously, but they can only learn Roost by TM back in 4th gen. Other impossible move sets would be things like DW starters with egg moves (since DW female starters haven't been released) and DW pokemon with 4th gen tutored moves.

UberTag

The Broken Ska Record said:
I love the way Pawniard looks, but he SUUUUUUUUCKS. I need a better Dark type for the E4.
Scrafty or Hydreigon would be your best bets depending on how the rest of your team stacks up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Thanks to Victini + Pokerus + Power Bracer, I EV trained my Carracosta in one hour! Unfortunately, it seems I made a slight error, so I think one of the EV counts is off by about eight or so, but they're all in Attack + HP like I wanted so no matter!

Now, once I finish leveling it up, I have a Starter Triad of Leavanny, Simisear, and Carracosta. Think I'm going with Klinklank next.

Wiseblade

Crazymoogle said:
Generally speaking, Nintendo's rules are simple and more or less useless:

1. Black of a small number of legendaries:
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
Yes, several of them are allowed under smogon rules, no idea what Gen V get put here. Nintendo has periodically (randomly) modified rules too so sometimes it's no legendaries at all, sometimes latios/latias are on the list, etc.

2. Restrictions to a small number of legendaries: No more than two from this list:
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
(This is primarily for double battle but may apply anyway?)

3. No illegal pokemon setups.

4. Also not consistent, but often I hear they will use doubles clause (you can't use two of the same pokemon, eg: no six deep wobbuffet squads)

Yes, if you want though, hax-wobbuffet is a go.

Those were the rules for VGC 2010, which still make more sense to me than Smogon's rulings so far this generation. Drizzle + Swift Swim and Blaziken's bannings scream of laziness and a reluctance for stall to try to adapt to the new standard of offensive power in this generation.

Xavien

Got access to the flying area today :)

Got a female Pidgey with Big Pecks, btw once you unlock the 2nd area, you really want more time to find more pokemon :(

Roto13

INjb5.png

I've often wondered about this. And Cubones hatching from eggs with their mother's skulls on their heads, even if their mothers are still in the daycare centers. And are dittos. :p

(source)

UberTag

Busaiku said:
It'd be much easier to use Clefairy.
It would be... but then, you can't get a member of the Clefairy family in the Dream World and I'm still a fair stretch away from the Giant Chasm. So DW Open Sky Hoppip's still the best bet.

The remixes on the OSTs always make me want Game Freak to do a genuine RPG (not that Pokemon isn't, but just imagine if they expanded their creativity to another universe as full-fledged as it as opposed to, say, Drill Dozer).

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
wait wha..? that was the OT1? 0.o
Yes. :p

Is Thundurus blocked from being Shiny like Reshiram and Zekrom? I got one and it seems legit but I think the odds of someone finding a shiny Thundurus and then being willing to part with it are kind of slim.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Yes. :p

Is Thundurus blocked from being Shiny like Reshiram and Zekrom? I got one and it seems legit but I think the odds of someone finding a shiny Thundurus and then being willing to part with it are kind of slim.
I don't think so. The only unobtainable shinys I know of are Zekrom, Reshiram, and Vinciti.

Looks like blacks overtaken white on the global link. >:D

Wow, I got fortunate and became friends with a person who had a large network of DW friends! Berries everywhere, muahaha.

It seems that you just have to get lucky to get into a large network, but you should keep on trying. Also, if you get into one, make a friend who has no network, to help out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom