• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavien

Ok, i've offically given up on trying to figure out when game sync recharges.

I have 2 DS's and Pokemon Black (rented) and White, neither game is swapped into the other DS.

Pokemon White recharges game sync is already recharged only 10 hours (possibly sooner too) after i used it last.

Pokemon Black has been waiting about 18 hours now and hasn't recharged.
It just doesn't make sense :p

larvi

Ultima_5 said:
Bisharp? I think he's suppose to be a reference to pulseman who was the main character in another gamefreak game

I'm thinking it's a piece from some sort of sadistic chess game

Bisharp=Bishop
Pawniad=Pawn

Leaves open a King evolution and a knight/rook/queen variant for future games

UberTag

zoukka said:
I can't access smogon, so where could I get good starting info on what natures/move-sets would be viable for pokemans?
With Smogon toast, I've been relying on Skarmbliss. Some of their suggestions are out of date but it's better than nothing.

Wichu

Xavien said:
Nope, however you cant put some pokemon to sleep because theres no model created in the dream world yet.
Actually, I think that since the international release, all Pokémon have artwork (other than the three unreleased event Pokémon).

Xavien said:
Ok, i've offically given up on trying to figure out when game sync recharges.

I have 2 DS's and Pokemon Black (rented) and White, neither game is swapped into the other DS.

Pokemon White recharges game sync is already recharged only 10 hours (possibly sooner too) after i used it last.

Pokemon Black has been waiting about 18 hours now and hasn't recharged.
It just doesn't make sense :p

My copy of white has taken over 24 hours. I've kinda given up on game link. Haven't checked but I'm hoping I can tuck someone in.

Slermy

Ultima_5 said:
Bisharp? I think he's suppose to be a reference to pulseman who was the main character in another gamefreak game
PulseMan_Ken-Sugimori.gif

Actually, I think Rotom is the one who's a reference to Pulseman (electric type, head shape).

Well, I'm sort of down right now, mood wise.

I'm at 9 wins, and 10 losses. It seems it will be more difficult to try and match against the world's best teams with my pitiful bunch of Unova pokes.

Maybe I should think about having two Doubles teams... or, try and see if I can make an Unova DT that can still stand up to the rest.

Blooper

Neo Member
Im not sure if this is the best place to look for a trade but w/e

I'm just looking for a Reshiram caught in a luxury ball (cause I'm messed up that way)

I have a few things I could offer:
Shiny Swellow
Shiny Kirlia
Jirachi
Arceus
Celebi
Giratina

upandaway

D-Pad said:
'Sup guys?
mNVA8m.jpg
FN3BAm.jpg

vNXkFm.jpg
EYQZHm.jpg

You know, I learned some new math today.

Ta = Time to take apart
Tt = Time to put back together
P = Number of helpers

Tt = Ta x 10 - (P(.2))

But at least I fixed my DS! :D Not more broken hinge!
I wish all DS's were Pokeball-colored.

Boss Man

N4Us said:
Just caught a wild shiny Audino. Damn it looks ugly.
Is there a special animation or something when you encounter a shiny in the wild? I'm not too familiar with these new Pokemon (or really anything past the original 151) so every now and then I find myself going through my Pokedex to see if I screwed up and missed one.

Morokh

yep GTS is buggy right now ....

Does anyone have a Gligar, or Gliscor with it's Dream world ability ?

BTW my Friend-Code changed : 0862 3560 9885

(Andrex if you have some time for an update :p thx )

N4Us

StateofMind said:
Is there a special animation or something when you encounter a shiny in the wild? I'm not too familiar with these new Pokemon (or really anything past the original 151) so every now and then I find myself going through my Pokedex to see if I screwed up and missed one.

Shiny stars shoot out of the Pokemon in the introduction.

Boogiepop

Ugh, it's on an actual 24 hour system instead of once per day? That's really, really dickish, and is bound to lose me a good number of days. Bleh.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
btkadams said:
is anybody else having connection problems with the gts right now?
Yeah it's been broken all morning for me.

JVIDICAN

Xavien said:
Indeed, even worse is i get "Communication Error" which means DS restart ugh :(
I've never had to restart the DS over a communication error. Just give it a minute or so and it'll bring you back to the "connecting to Nintendo Wi-fi" screen. :p

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
JVIDICAN said:
I've never had to restart the DS over a communication error. Just give it a minute or so and it'll bring you back to the "connecting to Nintendo Wi-fi" screen. :p
It tells me to restart every time too. "Communicatior error. Please turn off the power."

JVIDICAN

Cocopjojo said:
It tells me to restart every time too. "Communicatior error. Please turn off the power."
Hmm.. Only time I've gotten any error telling me to turn it off was one time when I dropped the DS. I guess I've been lucky then. :p

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
JVIDICAN said:
Hmm.. Only time I've gotten any error telling me to turn it off was one time when I dropped the DS. I guess I've been lucky then. :p
Yeah you must be. I've had it give me that error twenty times this morning. Let us know if anyone can get the GTS to work. :p

Tip for Victory Road near the end: going down the left ledge gets you the Wild Charge TM. Smart thing to do is go to the Pokemon League, walk back, go down the ledge and get it. From there, you can just Fly to the Pokemon League and save yourself more walking.

Zee-V70 said:
Tip for Victory Road near the end: going down the left ledge gets you the Wild Charge TM. Smart thing to do is go to the Pokemon League, walk back, go down the ledge and get it. From there, you can just Fly to the Pokemon League and save yourself more walking.
Oooh. I'll have to do that.

btkadams said:
it's actually much faster than previous games. i hated how the old games would just make it a really annoying long cave path.
I dunno. It seems longer than HG, but it could be because I'm making a lot of wrong turns. My some of my 'Mons keep gettin' OHKO'd.

Schmitty

The Broken Ska Record said:
Oooh. I'll have to do that.

I dunno. It seems longer than HG, but it could be because I'm making a lot of wrong turns. My some of my 'Mons keep gettin' OHKO'd.
By which mons? Most of them are weak if I remember

Xavien

JVIDICAN said:

As cocop said, it pretty much tells you to turn off the power. I've had the 13297 errors before which ask me to reconnect, this error is quite different. Until i saw folks having the same problem, i thought my wifi was the problem.

Sadly, as for right now, GTS is still down, for maintenance i guess?

Yeah, I was surprised at the difficulty spike that Victory Road introduced. I mean, it wasn't really any different from Route 10, but there's something about the Pokemon that are there having such decent typings/base stats/etc that made it a bit more of a challenge than I expected.

Mr. Sam

Zee-V70 said:

Oh my Glob, why am I so goddamn stupid? Ah, I didn't have a pokemon that knew Fly at the time anyway.

Mr. Sam said:
Oh my Glob, why am I so goddamn stupid? Ah, I didn't have a pokemon that knew Fly at the time anyway.

Er...not to rub it in, but...

Walk into the League shop, swap in a pokemon you don't use, apply Fly HM...

isny

napkin dispenser
Nothing really worthwhile from the DW today. Got a Bidoof with Aqua Tail as the other 9-10 Poke I had befriended were either stuff I already had or grass type =(

Diglet did however dig me another row for berries =D

isny said:
Alright, so I went up from 400 yesterday to 700 today. I guess it just pays to play as many games and get the highest scores possible. The bouncing game and the scooping game kick me ass though =(

From 700 yesterday to 1110 today. I figured out the scooping game and just pile big ones on top of each other and make a tower now, seems to work well enough to get me a good chunk of points each time!

jman2050

Watering as many plants as possible from other dream worlds is a surefire way to some easy dream points. It seems you also get dream points for having people visit you as well (or become dream pals, not sure which).

isny

napkin dispenser
jman2050 said:
Watering as many plants as possible from other dream worlds is a surefire way to some easy dream points. It seems you also get dream points for having people visit you as well (or become dream pals, not sure which).

Really? Maybe I should add people then...

How do you go about adding people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom