• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

Has ratings mode been abandoned? ;_;
In the last three nights I've only encountered 3 opponents. To make matters worse, they were all rage quitters.

JVIDICAN said:
In the last three nights I've only encountered 3 opponents. To make matters worse, they were all rage quitters.
I've only been playing Doubles (and having a rough time), so I think I've been doing my part :p

JVIDICAN said:
Same here. Have you actually got in to any battles then?
Yeah...my last 2 battles were yesterday, in fact.

Haven't tried tonight, though. My average wait time is usually 3 minutes, or so. Though, after my last fight yesterday, I waited 30 minutes, and didn't get another battle.

Repost for the correct thread :p
Black-Wind said:
Does anyone here who RNG know how to find out what your Initial PID is?

I haven't been able to find jack shit about that and I'm finally getting everything together to start make epic shiny team. :[

I can't find out how to get your initial PID and without that I don't know how much to advance the frames.

JVIDICAN

Black-Wind said:

I can't find out how to get your initial PID and without that I don't know how much to advance the frames.
Look at any of your pokemons stat pages. It'll be listed on the first page you see, bottom screen.

JVIDICAN said:
Look at any of your pokemons stat pages. It'll be listed on the first page you see, bottom screen.
I'm looking but what am I looking at?

The ID No? Is there something in that that tells you what frame you start on?

JVIDICAN

Black-Wind said:
I'm looking but what am I looking at?

The ID No? Is there something in that that tells you what frame you start on?
The ID No. Is the PID. Well half of it actually. :p
There's another 5 digit ID thats hidden from you. I'm not even sure that you'll need that though.
EDIT: What the hells a frame? 0_o
lol.

yeb

PJE5M.png

*facepalm*
Right in the middle of my session, too.

JVIDICAN said:
The ID No. Is the PID. Well half of it actually. :p
There's another 5 digit ID thats hidden from you. I'm not even sure that you'll need that though.
EDIT: What the hells a frame? 0_o
lol.
You're talking about the trainer ID/secret ID, he's talking about the actual Pokemon's ID. Completely different. I hate whoever came up with all the terms for RNGing. There's half a dozen different IDs and frames and seeds. They really need a thesaurus.

Black-Wind said:

In RNG Reporter, after using the time finder to find the right time/IVs you want, right click on that result and copy the full seed. Then go to the main RNG Reporter window, select Method 5 PIDRNG, paste the seed and generate the results. Your starting PID frame will probably be around 45-50 (or at least that's where it usually starts for me). I highly recommend using a Chatot or two.

If you're trying to RNG a shiny though, you will need your SID, and don't expect flawless IVs for it either. To find your SID, go here: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/.

Resist the dark side, you must.

JVIDICAN

yeb said:
PJE5M.png

In RNG Reporter, after using the time finder to find the right time/IVs you want, right click on that result and copy the full seed. Then go to the main RNG Reporter window, select Method 5 PIDRNG, paste the seed and generate the results. Your starting PID frame will probably be around 45-50 (or at least that's where it usually starts for me). I highly recommend using a Chatot or two.

If you're trying to RNG a shiny though, you will need your SID, and don't expect flawless IVs for it either. To find your SID, go here: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/.

I'd just stick to nice simple breeding.. 0_o

yeb

JVIDICAN said:
I'd just stick to nice simple breeding.. 0_o
I actually have been sticking to breeding for the most part. I haven't bothered to learn how to do it with eggs, so it's useless for a lot of pokemon I want. More importantly, I feel less dirty that way.

I've got to admit though, there's something fun about catching a Frillish with all 31 IVs, the right gender, nature, and ability, all on my first try... Anyone want it? >_>

yeb said:

Thanks for the info!

Helped a good bit ... still an uphill battle where I have to find lil scraps of info on my way up.
At least now I know what the main part is for. Not exactly sure how I'm supposed to get to frame 6974 though if I only start from 45-50. :/

yeb

Black-Wind said:
Thanks for the info!

Helped a good bit ... still an uphill battle where I have to find lil scraps of info on my way up.
At least now I know what the main part is for. Not exactly sure how I'm supposed to get to frame 6974 though if I only start from 45-50. :/
I'm guessing you searched for specific IVs first, then did a completely separate search for a shiny PID? I haven't tried that before, but now I get why the option I used actually exists. The odds of the exact IVs you want coming up with a shiny PID are extremely low, just like encountering a shiny normally. That's why you have to advance it to a ridiculous PID frame.

Instead, when you're using the Time Finder, check the box that says Shiny Only so you can limit it to a more tolerable PID frame. You'll have to settle for more realistic IVs though, like maybe a couple 31s and the rest above some minimum. It makes things a lot easier if you limit it to the first standard frame too (so you don't have to walk 128 steps.)

Firestorm

CALLING ALL POKÉMON TRAINERS | THE 2011 POKÉMON VIDEO GAME CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES ARE COMING SOON TO CITIES ACROSS EUROPE AND THE UNITED STATES
Battles Using Record-Breaking Video Games and an Additional Location Await Pokémon Competitors
London, United Kingdom—April 18th, 2011 – On the heels of the record-breaking and critically acclaimed release of Pokémon™Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for systems in the Nintendo DS™ family, The Pokémon Company International today announced additional details about the highly anticipated 2011 Pokémon™ Video Game Championship Series featuring the blockbuster new titles. Pokémon Trainers will descend on Pokémon Video Game Championship Series’ locations across Europe from June 4th and the United States from May 14th to battle in intense head-to-head competition with one goal in mind—securing a place to at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships August 12th–14th in San Diego, California.

The 2011 Pokémon Video Game National Championships kicks off in Europe on June 4 in Birmingham, UK before heading to Italy for the first time ever, Spain, France and finally Germany. The top eight finalists in each division from each of the five European locations will earn guaranteed competitor slots at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships. In addition to invitations to the World Championships in San Diego, top finishers in Europe and in the U.S. will receive travel allowances, special medals and Pokémon prizes.

The 2011 Pokémon Video Game Championship Series kicks off in the U.S. on May 14th in Seattle, Washington, before making five more stops in major cities across the country. At each location, the top 16 players from each division will earn invitations to compete at the 2011 Pokémon U.S. National Championships July 8th-10th in Indianapolis, Indiana. Players at the National Championships will battle to secure a top eight finish over the weekend, and in return, receive a guaranteed competitor slot at the 2011 Pokémon World Championships.

“We’re looking forward to a fun, competitive Pokémon Video Game Championships Series this year,” said J.C. Smith, director of Consumer Marketing for The Pokémon Company International. “The excitement generated from the recent launch of the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games will make for a memorable and intriguing tournament season.”

For Europe, 2011 brings an increase in the overall number of competitor slots, along with a new age division and revised age brackets. The divisions now separate into three age categories: Junior (players born in 2000 or later), Senior (players born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999), and Masters (players born in 1995 or earlier). Competitor slots have been increased this year to 256 for the Junior division, 256 for the Senior division, and 512 for the Masters division. All are based on a first come, first served basis. Players competing in Europe will need to play the European versions of Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version video games, and can only use Pokémon from the Unova Pokédex to battle (from No. 001–148, and No.151).

2011 Pokémon Video Game National Championships: European Dates and Locations:

June 4th, Birmingham, United Kingdom— National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8
June 11th, Rome, Italy— Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord
June 18th, Madrid, Spain— IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid
June 25th, Paris, France— Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Défense
July 2 nd , Cologne, Germany— EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5

At all European National locations, Junior and Senior Division lines open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:30 a.m. The Masters Division line opens at 12:30 p.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m .

2011 Pokémon Video Game Championship Series: U.S. Dates and Locations:

May 14th, Seattle, WA— Washington State Convention Center, Hall 4B
May 21st, San Jose, CA — San Jose Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 2
May 28th, Dallas, TX— Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall
June 4th, Atlanta, GA— Gwinnett Center, Hall A and B
June 11th, Washington, D.C.— Dulles Expo Center, South Hall
June 18th, Newark, NJ— Meadowlands Exposition Center

2011 Pokémon World Championships:

August 12th–14th, San Diego, CA*— Hilton San Diego Bayfront
*Last Chance Qualifier for the 2011 Pokémon World Championships will be held August 12th at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

For more information about the Pokémon Video Game Championship Series, including rules, tournament locations, dates and times, prizes, and more please visit: www.pokemon.co.uk/vgc.

About Pokémon
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.co.uk.)
Let's get this party started!

Boss Man

That's the funniest maintenance page I've ever seen. Nintendo reminds me of my Grandma trying to send me Internet Mail through the World Wide Web.

yeb

Nothing in socal? Guess I won't be paying attention to the VGCs. :(
2011 Pokémon World Championships:

August 12th–14th, San Diego, CA*— Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Downtown!? Maybe I could at least watch then...
*Last Chance Qualifier for the 2011 Pokémon World Championships will be held August 12th at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
OH SHIT IT'S ON SCRUBS.

xSL4INx

Beat the single subway train last night, and I've been working on the Super Single train. Keep getting up to like 16/17 wins, then the computer throws all the hax in my face and I end up losing.

I want to throw my 3DS at a wall sometimes.

jman2050

D-Pad said:
Holy crap! That's the first time I've seen Atlanta, GA on any list relating to an Nintendo event in a long time!

There was an Atlanta tourney last year as well. I should know, I was there :p

Okay so technically Gwinnett, same difference

xSL4INx said:
Beat the single subway train last night, and I've been working on the Super Single train. Keep getting up to like 16/17 wins, then the computer throws all the hax in my face and I end up losing.

I want to throw my 3DS at a wall sometimes.

*Opponent activates quick claw*

*It used [insert move that no sane person would put on that pokemon that just so happens to be super-effective against your pokemon]*

*It's a critical hit!*

*Your Pokemon fainted*

xSL4INx

jman2050 said:
There was an Atlanta tourney last year as well. I should know, I was there :p

Okay so technically Gwinnett, same difference

*Opponent activates quick claw*

*It used [insert move that no sane person would put on that pokemon that just so happens to be super-effective against your pokemon]*

*It's a critical hit!*

*Your Pokemon fainted*

I shit you not, the computer hit 6 critical hits in a row yesterday during a fight. And I still won.

Pachimari

Woot, just got Pokémon White and Pokémon Black from my boss last night, I chose Pokabu/Tepig as my starter, should I just complete the main story first before I try Global Link, events, exchanging Pokémons and all the other stuff?

Slermy

Nice, I might be able to go to one finally. Hopefully they give out something cool this year.

Sigh at Pokémon-GL/Dream World being down. It would have been nice to have some advance notice.

yeb said:

Holy shit, that's awesome. I've been wanting to find my secret ID in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum forever and now I can (I've never seen a shiny in my hundreds of hours of playing)! This also gives me an opportunity to make a backup of a pokémon that's stayed with me forever (Pokémon XD->FireRed->Emerald->Diamond->SoulSilver).

jman2050

Slermy said:
Sigh at Pokémon-GL/Dream World being down. It would have been nice to have some advance notice.

They did actually. The little maintenence button on the main dream world portal linked to a page that gave the weekly maintenence period.

I'm going to assume Tuesdays before nightfall are MIA from here on out.

Woo, finally managed to finish the main part of the game.

God, I hated the last two trainers. Just hated them.

Now, that the world is open to me, what on earth should I do first?

HOLY SHIT!

Just got my first 5th gen shiny using RNG!

It was super confusing because after I hit the normal frame without advancing the PID the PID frame was 65 (Relaxed-Mold Breaker) but then after trying it again with only one "Chat" I got the PID to 76 some how and after 2 Chats I got the exact same Relaxed one.

So I just said "Man, Eff it. I'm just gonna do the 15 it would take to get to 80 assuming that 65 is the actual start frame...will just have to record what happens". Hatched that mon and was shocked to see on the summary page that it was the shiny I was trying to get!

u2x3Hl.jpg

(Yes, my DS top screen is broken. Good thing I kept it seeing as I can't RNG with my 3DS ... but it does make everything harder.)

Andrex! This it's your baby Axew's (AKA Haxorus) Baby! :'D

I shall name him ... Toothless!

yeb

Black-Wind said:
Just got my first 5th gen shiny using RNG!

It was super confusing because after I hit the normal frame without advancing the PID the PID frame was 65 (Relaxed-Mold Breaker) but then after trying it again with only one "Chat" I got the PID to 76 some how and after 2 Chats I got the exact same Relaxed one.
Congrats. The one time I tried, I got a Durant. I was hoping for a Deino, but I didn't know about encounter slots at the time. :(

How exactly were you using the Chatot? All you need to do is record something, save the game, and then after setting your clock and everything you can just check its summary page to advance the PID. If you were doing that, then maybe it was because you were outdoors with moving trainers? A sweet scent user can limit their impact. Maybe it was the Timer0 being off too, that always gets me. It can be easy with the right setup, but there are so many ridiculous things that can complicate it.

JVIDICAN said:

Ugh i took a break from pokemon for the last 3 days because of the rage quitters. So much wasted time. Started playing again today. Hopefully i can get some decent battles.

Andrex said:
:O

Glad you got use out of him! Shiny Haxorus is awwwwwwwwwwwwesome. I'm jealous.
lol, the main reason I wanted a baby Axew was for him to be a BroStarter! He filled out that role perfectly. :p
But the reason I wanted him to have good IVs was for this, to have him become a stud and make babies until I got a Shiny Axew with great IVs that I could trade to my Black Version and have another go with the Dragon BroStarter!

Oh, and heres the lay out for this lil shiny beast!
Adamant/ Rivalry - OutStanding
30/ 31/ 31/ 12 (LOL, like he even needs Sp-A :p )/ 31/ 31

Was hoping for Mold Breaker but after searching and searching I just wasn't gonna get what I wanted AND have it be shiny with the settings I was using.

Roto13 said:
See if you can do it again! (A bunch of times. :p)
Hum, never crossed my mind :/
Might try it a few times (Axew takes some time to hatch. Like 6 mins of non-stop biking with the Fire Moth in front. Annoying as hell >_>)

If I can hatch another Toothless in my first few tries than I shall give that one to Andrex as a thank you for the Daddy! :3
And if I can do that then maybe I will try Hatching Toothless again for someone else or to just give away before I move on to my other targets.

yeb said:
Congrats. The one time I tried, I got a Durant. I was hoping for a Deino, but I didn't know about encounter slots at the time. :(

How exactly were you using the Chatot? All you need to do is record something, save the game, and then after setting your clock and everything you can just check its summary page to advance the PID. If you were doing that, then maybe it was because you were outdoors with moving trainers? A sweet scent user can limit their impact. Maybe it was the Timer0 being off too, that always gets me. It can be easy with the right setup, but there are so many ridiculous things that can complicate it.

I was breeding so I did all that with the Chatot inside the breeder house. Basically the same as RNGing for Natures when breeding but geared towards shiny Pokemon. Idk, there are a ton of things that can gum up the gears :/
Still have not the slightest clue as to how 2 Chats gave me the same as none but it worked out with the 15 chats.

Yeah, complex yet shockingly simple when you factor in the only other options for getting shinys this gen (Random encounters or breeding ... no more Pokey-radar >_>). I want to stick with breeding them so that I can get the egg moves I want and trade them around with out them being leveled higher then the low levels.

Roto13

I wonder if it would be more trouble than it's worth for me to try to get a shiny Bulbasaur that way. I have a ton of shinies at this point but only a couple I'd want to use. :p

Oh, speaking of shinies I actually use, JVIDICAN, Serperior reached level 100 today. :D

EDIT: A list!

Shinies I've gotten from the GTS:

Thundurus (It seems legit but maybe not)
Pidgeot (IT'S GOLD!)
Wigglytuff
Golduck
Rapidash
Gyarados (Male)
Manectric (It was an Electrike but I evolved it even though shiny Manectric isn't as cool.)
Medicham (IT'S BLUE!)
Shuppet (It's level 100 so I can't evolve it xP)
Floatzel
Meganium (Received it as a Chicorita)

And shinies I got through other means:

Gyarados (Female)
Fearow
Pichu (Clone)
Golem
Milotic (Clone)
Suicune (Clone)
Raiku (Clone)
Entei (Clone)
Linoone (Clone)
Glaceon (From a cloned Eevee)
Serperior

Slermy

jman2050 said:
They did actually. The little maintenence button on the main dream world portal linked to a page that gave the weekly maintenence period.

I'm going to assume Tuesdays before nightfall are MIA from here on out.

Doh, I missed that. Reading fail. :(

Roto13

So, PokeGAF. It's been a while since I finished my Pokedex with your help, and since then I've amassed quite a few spare legendaries. In fact, my PC is getting pretty full of them, so I'd like to give back to the community. The following are legendaries I have spares of:

EDIT: A bolded name next to a Pokemon means you're too late!

Gen I:

Mew (Hack, I think) (JVIDICAN)
Zapdos (dc89)
Moltres (dc89)

Will have another each of Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo once I finish my current playthrough of FireRed.

Gen II:

Celebi (Hack) (Grumpy)

Gen III:

Latias (Grumpy)
Latios(ColtraineGF)
Rayquaza x2 (JVIDICAN) (Busaiku)

Gen IV:

Regigigas (Busaiku)
Heatran (ColtraineGF)
Palkia
Dialga (Grumpy)
Arceus x2 (One is a clone and one is a hack) (dc89)
Cresselia (Busaiku)
Manaphy (Arren)
Azelf
Uxie

Gen V:

Victini
Kyurem
Reshiram (StateofMind)
Tornadus (The Broken Ska Record)
Landorus (The Broken Ska Record)
Terrakion
Cobalion
Virizion

I'd like to ask that you only take a Pokemon you don't have already, except possibly in the case of Gen V, since we're all playing that one so they're all pretty easy to get anyway. (That Tornadus should probably go to a White player. :p) I don't need anything in return as I've already finished the Pokedex, but things like evolution stones and items and rare candies wouldn't go to waste if you feel like doing something nice. Any takers?

Friend code: 1850 0998 1193

RAGHSTHGI! I hate
Ghetsis'
Hydreigon. I can't get an attack off before he OHKOs just about everything I have at this point. RAGE INDUCING. I've "died" so many times, the game doesn't take my money anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom