• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamesfrom818 said:
Woohoo! Getting Riolu to evolve is easy in the Battle Subway. Just tape down the dpad and leave it alone. Time to do something else.

whut? i need to breed my riouly with my alakazam, but they don't wanna, and both are male and fe mail

Dabookerman said:
Ok super random question guys, but who would you say Hilda resembled most, in real life. Anyone famous?
Black_White_Hilda.png
I'm gonna go ahead and throw out
shania-twain-pic.jpg
!

Busaiku

Does Focus Sash only work once?
Or does it take any first hit from a Pokemon?

So say for instance, I start out with a Pokemon, it gets hit, the Focus Sash activates.
I then switch it out for something else, and eventually bring it back in.
Would the Focus Sash work again, even though it's at 1 HP now?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Busaiku said:
Does Focus Sash only work once?
Or does it take any first hit from a Pokemon?

So say for instance, I start out with a Pokemon, it gets hit, the Focus Sash activates.
I then switch it out for something else, and eventually bring it back in.
Would the Focus Sash work again, even though it's at 1 HP now?

No. It only works at full HP and afterwards it is used up.

Andrex said:
Wait Black-Storm what are you giving me? o_0
LMAO, thats a first :p

I was able to hit the frame for the Shiny-Adamant/ Rivalry- "31 in everything but a 12 in Sp-a" Axew egg more than once and gave them away. Saved one for you encase you wanted one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh I do want one. :eek: I'll get on right now.

And I've been a little distracted, sorry for botching your UN.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That Deino knows Dark Pulse, and I think it has a perfect speed IV, I don't remember.

Thanks B-W!

Andrex said:
That Deino knows Dark Pulse, and I think it has a perfect speed IV, I don't remember.

Thanks B-W!
Sweet!

And no problem! It's my "thank you" for the lil Bro who made all this possible with his Stud-level Swagger. B)

Roto13

Half of my team is now made of shinies. I'm seriously considering attempting (and failing) to learn to abuse the RNG to get a shiny Tepig, Oshawott, and Munna, just so my whole team can be shiny and people can accuse me of hacking.

xSL4INx

Argh! I have to run through battle subway like, two more times to get enough points to get the last two power items I need for EV training. Then run through it 3054709328740923 more times to get enough BP for competitive items too -_-

Curse you Game Freak for not letting us import hold items!!

dc89

Roto13 said:
Half of my team is now made of shinies. I'm seriously considering attempting (and failing) to learn to abuse the RNG to get a shiny Tepig, Oshawott, and Munna, just so my whole team can be shiny and people can accuse me of hacking.

I've been reading up on RNG shinies, it seems simple yet confusing at the same time (if thats even possible :D)

Watched a video on it and it didn't seem TOO bad, might try it one day idk.

Cromat

Well it took some time but I hatched this:

Dratini
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Marvel Scale (turns to Multiscale)
IVs: 31/30/29/31/28/22

Speed is a bit low but I can put more EVs to make up for it. I'm planning on using a bulky Dragon Dance set anyway.

Victrix

*beard*
Any suggestions for a good capture critter? Something that has spore or some other useful ability and can use sleep or freeze, and learn false swipe?

I've hit a point where it's hard to capture lower level mons with my team, and it's slow if I want to catch a bunch of something even around my level, so I'd like to get a good dedicated capture mon set up. Even better if it has space for an HM or two.

Roto13

Weak Pokemon don't really need to be put to sleep or stunned to be caught at 1 HP. False Swipe is usually enough. Legendaries can be whittled down to 1 hp and then you can switch to something with Hypnosis or Thunder Wave or something. The only one that heals itself is Virizion. :p

Super_Chicken said:
I'm gonna go ahead and throw out
shania-twain-pic.jpg
!

Hmm. I see where you're coming from, but I should have been more specific. The face. I know there's little to work with, but I know theres someone out there who pulls off the same look, face wise. Don't care about the rest :p

yeb

Victrix said:
Any suggestions for a good capture critter? Something that has spore or some other useful ability and can use sleep or freeze, and learn false swipe?

I've hit a point where it's hard to capture lower level mons with my team, and it's slow if I want to catch a bunch of something even around my level, so I'd like to get a good dedicated capture mon set up. Even better if it has space for an HM or two.
You really don't even need to bother. I think most of the pokemon I've caught have been at full health. Always use a Quick ball on the first turn if you want to capture something, it will probably work. If it doesn't, then just keep tossing other balls with a good chance to work, like Dusk balls, Net balls, or Ultra balls. It's not like money is hard to get in this version, so there's no reason to worry about spending 3 turns tossing pokeballs instead of two to weaken the opponent and tossing one.

The only time you really want to bother with false swipe and status ailments is for something with an extremely low capture rate, like a Metang (edit:) or most legendaries. Even most legendaries have pretty normal capture rates in this game.
dc89 said:
Anyone for a quick evolve-trade? Need my Boldore evolved!
I need a Boldore evolved too. I'll add you assuming you're on the google doc, I think I'm around #71.

yeb

That was surprisingly quick and painless, thanks dc89.
Roto13 said:
No they don't.
I stand corrected. For some reason I thought the trio had better capture rates than 3. Reshirem and Zekrom are really high at least.

ShikaTheReaper said:
went to the island of dreams today and didnt run into any pokemon or items O.O. Did i do something wrong?
Are you clicking on clickable things? Like did you click on the shaky plants or the plants that sparkle?

Morokh

pffff who needs RNG, here is what i got after 3 boxes of gligars with DW ability

Both are Impish Nature

Male - 31- 0-31-28-30-31
Male - 31-26-31-31-31-8

pretty nice :D

Duelist

Morokh said:
pffff who needs RNG, here is what i got after 3 boxes of gligars with DW ability

Both are Impish Nature

Male - 31- 0-31-28-30-31
Male - 31-26-31-31-31-8

pretty nice :D

Wait, how's it possible to pass on DW abilities to eggs?

Wiseblade

dakkumauji said:
The father needs to have the dream world ability. So pretty much just Ditto-up all your male DW pokemon!
Actually...

Bulbapedia said:
Female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities can pass on the Hidden Ability to their offspring. Breeding with Ditto does not pass on abilities. For example, if a female Darmanitan with Zen Mode bred with a male Simisage, the offspring Darumaka may have Inner Focus instead of the usual Hustle and would evolve into a Darmanitan with Zen Mode, instead of Sheer Force. However, it should be noted that there is also a chance of not passing on the ability.

Roto13

Why does Moltres refuse to be caught in FireRed? Stupid fucker took 51 Ultra Balls, 18 Great Balls, and 10 Poke Balls, all paralyzed with 1 hp, and it refused to stay in any of them. I started over and so far I've used like 25 Ultra Balls.

UberTag

Busaiku said:
By any chance, does anyone happen to have a Bold/Impish non-English Cottonee or Ditto?
Really trying for a Shiny Whimsicott.
Shiny Whimsicott's adorable.

shiny_whimsicott__pixel_over__by_mizuxhime-d3bub72.png

Some days I feel like I'm doing it wrong by not soliciting for Pokemon in this thread (especially now when it's so inactive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom