• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Haa.... one Tepig I got from the GTS have moves they shouldn't have. Has incinerate. Looking at Veekun.com, there shouldn't be any way for that move to have been obtained by a level 1 Tepig.

Sooo, that answers my hacked GTS query!

edit - could have used a TM! But why you'd go to the trouble just to trade it away instantly is beyond me.

Boogiepop

...I am angry at Amazon. Not sure how, but in altering the shipping address it chose to change only the billing, meaning it got shipped to the wrong place. Now I have to wait till Friday. :( As if the wait wasn't already killing me.

r4z4

Loving the game so far.

I have a question about breeding/egg moves. I want my Scraggy to learn ice, fire and thunder punch which are all egg moves, how can I go about doing this? I suppose I need another pokemon that already knows those moves right? like a Medicham or something?

Suairyu

Banned
r4z4 said:
Loving the game so far.

I have a question about breeding/egg moves. I want my Scraggy to learn ice, fire and thunder punch which are all egg moves, how can I go about doing this? I suppose I need another pokemon that already knows those moves right? like a Medicham or something?
The father needs to have those moves.

Teknoman

I know its been said, but I cant believe how fresh this game feels by making sure only new pokemon appear before beating the main story. Especially when running into an area/rare spot, and not knowing what will pop up.

JackEtc

Currently rage-ing.

I check the status of my Pokemon delivery on UPS's site this morning, and it says I will be getting it today instead of the original day (Tuesday). I eagerly come home from school, only to find that my DSi has not arrived. I leave the UPS window open, F5ing every so often, in case the UPS truck snuck up my driveway.

I hear a really loud exhaust from outside, and I know it can't be my car, as it is sitting in the garage. I peek outside, and see the UPS truck backing up my driveway. I await the doorbell to ring, so I can go and retrieve my package. It never comes. I wait some more, and then I hear the truck again. I look back outside, and see him driving back down my driveway. I assumed that he had left the package in my garage or at a different door, and just didn't rin the doorbell. I go downstairs, and check the front door, the side door, the back door, inside my garage, and outside my garage. Nothing.

Confused, I go back upstairs, and refresh the UPS page. Still "On Vehicle for Delivery Today".

The UPS guy came, and left without dropping anything off.

The world doesn't want me to play this game.

EDIT: Ah, it was delivered. By the EASTER BUNNY, apparently:

wXzkjl.jpg

Calcaneus

Ok, for the past two days I was being a responsible adult and held off on buying this game since I had a exam today and couldn't waste time. Just finished the exam, and I'm off to get some goddamn Pokemon.

btkadams

when you breed two pokemon, what are the chances the baby will be which pokemon (the male or female)? i've never actually paid attention to it to be honest but it really interests me now. what are the basics to know?

so far i think i've read that the male should have the moves you want and if you put an everstone on the female it's more likely it will have it's nature.

btkadams said:
when you breed two pokemon, what are the chances the baby will be which pokemon (the male or female)? i've never actually paid attention to it to be honest but it really interests me now. what are the basics to know?

so far i think i've read that the male should have the moves you want and if you put an everstone on the female it's more likely it will have it's nature.
It will always be the female pokemon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wonder if I might as well evolve my Petilil now. It doesn't seem to learn any handy moves later on,

Emitan

btkadams said:

It's always the species of the mother, unless the mother is a Ditto.

Ondore

The species of the baby Pokemon when breeding is simple:

Pokemon F + Pokemon M = Baby form of Pokemon F
Pokemon M/F + Ditto = Baby form of Pokemon M/F

Jokab

Teknoman said:
I know its been said, but I cant believe how fresh this game feels by making sure only new pokemon appear before beating the main story. Especially when running into an area/rare spot, and not knowing what will pop up.
Yeah that is my favourite part of this game. I've played both Silver and Red to death, beating each over 10 times, and while they are great games, it's getting old knowing exactly where each and every pokémon is. I went into this game without knowing anything about it, so every patch of grass is a sursprise. I don't know the name of any pokémon, I know very few moves (haven't played since silver) and I don't know who is good and who is bad. As you say, it's a fresh feeling.

Roto13

This is one of those games where I'm constantly finding myself just doing stuff and not progressing the story. My game clock says I've been playing for 9:28 and I only just finished the second gym and am about to enter that forest.

btkadams

MatthewB92 said:
It will always be the female pokemon.
Billychu said:
It's always the species of the mother, unless the mother is a Ditto.
Ondore said:
The species of the baby Pokemon when breeding is simple:

Pokemon F + Pokemon M = Baby form of Pokemon F
Pokemon M/F + Ditto = Baby form of Pokemon M/F
thanks guys. so is that all there really is to know? (including the other stuff in my original post)

So I sorta want to get this, because I usually get the 1st releases of the mainline pokemon games, but this is the 1st one I haven't bought on release day for a few reasons.

-DSlight has a broken hinge (nintendo wont replace for free anymore ): )
-3DS right around the corner
-Now that I'm older my hype can be quelled by other things
-Im sure there will be a (Better) 3rd version out
-After hearing about the removal of vs. seeker, gym rematches and following pokemon, I feel like if there IS a 3rd version I should just wait and get that.

Based on history how long does it take for the 3rd version to get to America? Is there a 3rd pkmn to compliment the 2 version legendaries? Does the game set itself up for a 3rd version?

Should I just buy one of these and cut my loss's on the 3rd version improvements and hope that maybe Nintendo will be progressive and actually include great features that were in previous games?

For those who have already played through it, does the post endgame have enough content to warrant the removal of vs. seeker and rematches?

btkadams said:
thanks guys. so is that all there really is to know? (including the other stuff in my original post)
Yea. The everstone thing is true too but ditto needs to hold the everstone I thing is you do female+ditto.

Ooooh yea there is a thing with the ev items but I forgot what it is lol.

Salsa

Suairyu said:
: (

You've betrayed cats everywhere. Still have my Purrloin.

I dont really like using Pokemon you catch in the early game. He was alright, but not much else.

Im really lacking in some aspects when fighting certain types (cant do anything about Fire types for example). It's just that there's so many cool Pokemon that its hard to use the ones you really need instead of the ones that look cool, lol.

I have like 3 fighting types in my team right now, wat.

Roto13

I bought this game on launch day specifically because it's the most fun when everyone starts playing at the same time. :p

Andrefpvs

Hey guys, first post here. Nice to meet you all :)

So yeah, I've been playing non-stop here since the European launch, kinda helps that tomorrow's a holiday here so I got an extended weekend to really get into the game. I did my best to avoid spoilers before release and it's really paying off now -- that sense of discovery I got from Pokémon Red is definitely back, I think. I'm before the 5th gym now.

Suairyu said:
They already have the mechanics in place with the daycare centre, it'd just need a few tweaks. Get on this shit, GameFreak!
Maybe I made this up, but I seem to remember hearing stories about how in the early days of the GTS, Japanese players would offer stupidly good deals because they wanted English-named Pokémon. Was this true? What changed?

I think I can confirm this. I've been getting ridiculously good deals from the GTS in the last three days. What I did was catch a few Munna early on and put the up for trade. I got the starters, a level 31 Sandile, and a super-awesome Trubish (that trash bag thing) that makes Gym Leader battles 300% easier (hint: Toxic Spikes :D)

It must also have something to do with people wanting to unlock more floors on the Union Tower. So yeah, ask away.

ryan-ts

I got so excited when I saw the daycare and then I found out it only allows for one Pokemon to be taken care of, must be able to get two Pokemon later on.

KJTB

Just got to relic castle.... Thank god I have like a million max repels. I swear the random encounter rate in this game has been doubled or something, it's ridiculous.

SlickVic

Seems if you preordered from Amazon early enough, you wind up getting a $15 promo credit ($5 from the original offer + $10 from the new offer), at least that's how it worked for me. Amazon rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom