• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Dipindots said:
Just got to relic castle.... Thank god I have like a million max repels. I swear the random encounter rate in this game has been doubled or something, it's ridiculous.

With Zubats gone, they had to do something to get us.

Suairyu

Banned
Morokh said:
always ask for a female pokemon, breed an egg, and use the baby.
That's what I always do.
Well that was my plan but people were typically asking for really high-level rares or even legendary Pokémon in return. Fuckers.

Izayoi

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
Anyone willing to help me evolve my boldore? I can trade a cottonee for the white folks out there!
Sure. My friend code is in the OP's list, White version.

Give me a sec and I'll be in town.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
kafka rock opera said:
Anyone willing to help me evolve my boldore? I can trade a cottonee for the white folks out there!
Well I can trade you my Gurdurr so we both benefit. :)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Finally got DAT BLACK VERSION!
And a copy of DQ9 half off. Fuck yeah.

Gonna boot this mothersucker up in a few minutes. Decided to go with the water otter because he learns a shit ton of HM's. That's one HM slave down. One to go.

You guys need to hurry up and finish these games too. I need a decent Squirtle stat! :(

Izayoi

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
kk! give me a moment and ill run into town my code is also in the OP list

edit : I can also help you BGDW afterwards
By the way, I don't need anything in return, as I'm going to be evolving Gurdurr.

Zzoram

For people who feel the encounter rate is too high, have you checked your Pokemon abilities? Some Pokemon have abilities that increase the encounter rate.

Not trying to be bothersome but I moved this to new page. Any ideas?

So I sorta want to get this, because I usually get the 1st releases of the mainline pokemon games, but this is the 1st one I haven't bought on release day for a few reasons.

-DSlight has a broken hinge (nintendo wont replace for free anymore ): )
-3DS right around the corner
-Now that I'm older my hype can be quelled by other things
-Im sure there will be a (Better) 3rd version out
-After hearing about the removal of vs. seeker, gym rematches and following pokemon, I feel like if there IS a 3rd version I should just wait and get that.

Based on history how long does it take for the 3rd version to get to America? Is there a 3rd pkmn to compliment the 2 version legendaries? Does the game set itself up for a 3rd version?

Should I just buy one of these and cut my loss's on the 3rd version improvements and hope that maybe Nintendo will be progressive and actually include great features that were in previous games?

For those who have already played through it, does the post endgame have enough content to warrant the removal of vs. seeker and rematches?

Izayoi

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
Ok im upstairs in the wifi club thing and seeking a trade partner. It just says seeking participants. am i doing it right lol?
Are you sure you entered my friend code correctly? I don't see you.

I've got like five minutes before I need to leave.

Izayoi said:
Are you sure you entered my friend code correctly? I don't see you.

I've got like five minutes before I need to leave.
Yeah sorry about that it was me :(. Thanks so much for the help though!

BGBW do you still need to trade evolve?

Zzoram

Lavpa Jasai said:

So I sorta want to get this, because I usually get the 1st releases of the mainline pokemon games, but this is the 1st one I haven't bought on release day for a few reasons.

-After hearing about the removal of vs. seeker, gym rematches and following pokemon, I feel like if there IS a 3rd version I should just wait and get that.

Based on history how long does it take for the 3rd version to get to America? Is there a 3rd pkmn to compliment the 2 version legendaries? Does the game set itself up for a 3rd version?

Should I just buy one of these and cut my loss's on the 3rd version improvements and hope that maybe Nintendo will be progressive and actually include great features that were in previous games?

For those who have already played through it, does the post endgame have enough content to warrant the removal of vs. seeker and rematches?

I'd say get a 3DS and Black or White. Grey will be at the earliest 1 year away, but more likely 2 years away since that's how long it's taken for the past few 3rd versions to come out.

Sanic

I couldn't even wait to pick this up with a 3DS like I had planned to. Bought Black today and have been alternating between it and SS all day. While the presentation as a whole is much improved (minus the color scheme, which I personally don't like), the interface design is a bit backwards coming from SS.

Woffls

Right, got to the 8th gym and don't have anything that's useful against the type they use, so I decided to go and catch the 3 Legendary Pokémon that are level 42. All my Pokémon are about level 42, so it's a good time, and I just picked up TM70 Flash and HM04 Strength because the first cave is dark and full of boulders :| Should be a pretty easy 8)

Seen 109 - Obtained 58.

Could've sword it was more like 80 :(

So it seems like most people got White instead of Black.

I was going to go with Black because I love how the cities are more futuristic, but White has 32 exclusive Pokemon (to catch) so I had to get it.

I'm loving this game so so much. I started playing it earlier today and I really couldn't get into it.. the changes felt too different for me. Thankfully, it's grown on me and after getting the first gym badge, I love it. So glad I picked it up.

Lavpa Jasai said:

Are you planning on getting a 3DS? Maybe you should wait and get Black/White when you have a 3DS. I don't think there will be a third version this time around (Nintendo/Gamefreak announced this themselves).

If there were to be a Grey version, it would probably come out in Japan in 2012 or 2013, and a year later for North America/Europe. I'm kinda hoping we get a Ruby/Sapphire remake (for the 3DS) instead of a Grey version though.

Red

Question: if my Lillipup evolves, will it lose the pick up item ability? Because I like this "find King's Rocks after beating Patrat" thing.

I wonder, has anyone ingame prior to BW used the term "shiny" to refer to shinies before?

Because I came across two people who just did, in
Nimbasa City

Moss

Got White on Friday. Picked Snivy, I love the design but they still make my nostalgic for the original three.

5506770186_02ced4eb4c_z.jpg

Crunched said:
Question: if my Lillipup evolves, will it lose the pick up item ability? Because I like this "find King's Rocks after beating Patrat" thing.
Yeah, none of it's evolutions have Pickup, so it will lose it if it evolves.

Suairyu

Banned
While it's perhaps total overkill for me to be plugging Sennheiser HD555s into a DS, using headphones does occasionally surprise with the well designed stereo sound in the effects and music.

MatthewB92 said:
Once you get to the big city. Forgot the name. The boat will be on the last dock.

Ah, yeah I know which one you're on about. Yeah, I've got a bit to go, I'm currently in Hipsterville aka Converted Warehouse Favela aka second gym place. Team of three to tear shit up with!

so far

Gym Badges - 1
Time : 2:24
Pokemon:
Purrloin - 13
Snivy - 14
Audino - 4 (just caught it)

I like the game so far. Ending up pick Snivy because everyone I knew was get fire pig and ugly otter

Emitan

As long as you get the Pass before next month you can catch Victini at any time, right? I have no idea why I would wait so long, but I've missed every single event Pokemon last generation for some reason, so I want to not start behind this time.

Got my copy of White & the collector's guide from Amazon today (<3 prime), took me 9 tries to finally got a female Oshawott, she's bashful though, guess I can just breed some more later. Can't wait to get started :D

zumphry

Banned
My team so far (the first time I've actually nicknamed my team):

CUoDp.png
Han the Servine: Level 21
Y36X4.png
Bono the Panpour: Level 18
XuYgy.png
Blitzkrieg the Blitzle: Level 16
SjL3j.png
Twitter the Pidove: Level 19
gIuhp.png
Plywood the Timburr: Level 20
xSaAu.png
Dreamweavr the Munna: Level 10

Currently in Castelia City
AWESOME OPENING TO THE CITY OH MY GOD

Gonna spend awhile leveling up my guys to around level 25 each, and Pinwheel Forest should be good to do so and gather up any pokes I missed. Hopefully I'll find some Audinos.

My initial impressions:

There's a few things I really miss from HG/SS, mostly UI things like being able to use the touch screen for everything, and how the start menu was there. I also miss being able to just use the d-pad to sprint and not b+d-pad. Presentation wise, this thing is oozing with detail and polish. GameFreak's logo sequence is awesome and totally reminds me of Bungie's during their Myth days. When I first saw the
Xtransceiver
I was glad they finally put something like that into the games.

Being able to just start the game without any fetch quest was great, and
your room getting smashed up in your first battle
was cute/funny.

Having half of my team already is nice, though I don't know if I wanna switch Blitzkrieg with a Joltik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom