• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shed_a_Ninja said:
Hey, should I make

154px-528Swoobat.png

Timid or Modest?

Competitively speaking, Timid. You want to beat out the 110 base speed group, which you can only do with a +Speed nature, but you don't need to make a total EV investment. Even in game, you'll definitely want to abuse, by far, it's best stat.

Red

Nils said:
That's why I'm kind of pissed about it yeah. Losing a bit of money wouldn't bother me at all. Losing an hour of progress including the Pokemon I just caught/evolved etc irritates me a lot more. The Pokemon games have been fairly glitchless, unless you actually tried to force them, this situation while uncommon isn't something that's super rare and will probably screw over quite a few people in the long run.
My DS just shut off and I lost 4+ levels on my Dewott. I didn't even have a low battery indicator. It turned red and within two seconds was off, battery completely dead.

I am weeping on the inside.

I really really love Lillipup. Pick up is such an awesome ability. When was it introduced? I've never used any other Pokemon who had it. I'm getting ultra balls left and right.

I wanted to evolve this little guy to his final man-mustachioed form, but now I'll think I'll hold off and make him a permanent item scrounging machine for me. Already nailed two King's Rocks and am only three hours in.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Suairyu said:
Holy fucking shit. Just sold a BalmMushroom to the kitchen wagon on Route 5 for $25000!

They love them 'shrooms.

Crunched said:
My DS just shut off and I lost 4+ levels on my Dewott. I didn't even have a low battery indicator. It turned red and within two seconds was off, battery completely dead.

I am weeping on the inside.

I really really love Lillipup. Pick up is such an awesome ability. When was it introduced? I've never used any other Pokemon who had it. I'm getting ultra balls left and right.

I wanted to evolve this little guy to his final man-mustachioed form, but now I'll think I'll hold off and make him a permanent item scrounging machine for me. Already nailed two King's Rocks and am only three hours in.

Pickup came around in Generation III, with abilities themselves. It's a fairly rare ability though, and very few fully evolved Pokemon have it. Only, Linoone, Pachirisu and Ambipom.

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, I've just done some quick calculations and would like to share the results with you guys:

Super Potion@$700 heals 50HP at a rate of 0.07 HP per $
Hyper Potion@$1200 heals 200HP at a rate of 0.17 HP per $
Moomoo Milk@$500 heals 100HP at a rate of 0.2 HP per $

Conclusion: buy Moomoo milk by the dozens!

Suairyu said:
Okay, I've just done some quick calculations and would like to share the results with you guys:

Super Potion@$700 heals 50HP at a rate of 0.07 HP per $
Hyper Potion@$1200 heals 200HP at a rate of 0.17 HP per $
Moomoo Milk@$500 heals 100HP at a rate of 0.2 HP per $

Conclusion: buy Moomoo milk by the dozens!
Should add lemonade and water to that.
Lemonade heals 80 HP for 350 and water does 50 for 200.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Moomoo is especially good value in game, because needing the 200hp heal is seldom. Likewise, Max Repels are a ripoff too. Super Repels for life.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
EvilMario said:
Competitively speaking, Timid. You want to beat out the 110 base speed group, which you can only do with a +Speed nature, but you don't need to make a total EV investment. Even in game, you'll definitely want to abuse, by far, it's best stat.
Competitively speaking, you catch a Sigilyph.

zumphry

Banned
Burgh's gym is seriously awesome. Having a Tranquill dominating the trainer's pokemon (and a Blitzle with Flame Charge if needed) helps too.

Suairyu

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
Should add lemonade and water to that.
Lemonade heals 80 HP for 350 and water does 50 for 200.
Yes, good point!

Lemonade@$350 heals 80HP at a rate of 0.23HP per $
Water@$200 heals 50HP at a rate of 0.25HP per $

New conclusion: water is best value, but post level 20 probably not what you'll be sticking to! Up until level 30, Lemonade is best bet, then Moomoo milk after level 30!

fisheyes

Can I just say that, as an Australian where the game doesn't release until Thursday, that I hate this thread? I've got me some Pokefever, and I can't handle waiting 2 days.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
fisheyes said:
Can I just say that, as an Australian where the game doesn't release until Thursday, that I hate this thread? I've got me some Pokefever, and I can't handle waiting 2 days.
I'm in the same boat, except I only have one day! Stay strong!

ok heres what i have so far.

1 gym badge

level 18 dewott
level 17 purrloin
level 17 Herdier
level 17 blitzle
level 17 roggenrola
level 10 pansear

all in 5 hours

i wasn't going to keep more than 3 at a close level, but i quickly discovered the massive exp i get for murdering audinos.

love this game so far.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have to reiterate this...

JRemB.png

Coolest Gym Leader in the series probably. MOST INSECT ARTIST indeed. I think behind him would be...maybe Brawly? Always thought he was cool.

I'm wondering whose everyone's favorite Unova Gym Leader is while we're on the topic...this might be my favorite group.

Neiteio

Watch Da Birdie said:
I'm getting incredible Mika vibes from this guy. *leg starts twitching* *starts dancing*

Take it eeeeeeeee--eeeeeeaaaaaaa-ssssssaaayyy!

Also, Burgh has Whirlipede, Burgh is boss.

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
I have to reiterate this...

http://i.imgur.com/JRemB.png[IMG]
Coolest Gym Leader in the series probably. MOST INSECT ARTIST indeed. I think behind him would be...maybe Brawly? Always thought he was cool.

I'm wondering whose everyone's favorite Unova Gym Leader is while we're on the topic...this might be my favorite group.[/QUOTE]

Before it was mentioned in game, I always thought that was a woman.

And I asked earlier, but did you get my PM? Though, I suppose it's a little too late now, as I'm already well into the game. :(

zumphry

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
I'm wondering whose everyone's favorite Unova Gym Leader is while we're on the topic...this might be my favorite group.

I just beat Burgh, but he and Leonora have been cool so far.

Wonder what I should expect from Route 4. Is it annoying due to the sandstorm, or what? I'm gonna be on a lookout for a Darumaka since one's gonna be in my final party.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh, I'm sorry...I got quite a few PMs, so I was going through each of them in the order I got them. :(

I can do it now if you would like. :)

Okay Beartic looks to be my favorite pokemon in this game, however, I heard you cant get it or Cubchoo until later in the game.

Would anyone be willing at all to send me a low level one so that I can use it and level it up throughout the game as opposed to getting it much later already leveled/having to grind?

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh, I'm sorry...I got quite a few PMs, so I was going through each of them in the order I got them. :(

I can do it now if you would like. :)

No problem! Yeah, let's do it. I want a lot of different ID numbers for whatever they may be used for in this game. Would you like anything particular?

Watch Da Birdie

Do you have any version exclusives? Nothing serious, even a Cotonee or Petilil will do. I just like using them to do GTS trades since they're "wanted".

My FC is 1291 4333 5532.

Jswanko

So I found the guy that apparently gives you the Relocator but i lack the requisite phrases for the password. Whats the deal?

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
Do you have any version exclusives? Nothing serious, even a Cotonee or Petilil will do. I just like using them to do GTS trades since they're "wanted".

My FC is 1291 4333 5532.

How about Solosis?

0647 5048 2722

Red

The encounter rate in this game is awfully high. I don't remember ever having this much difficulty moving through areas. It seems I wind up in a fight every 2 or 3 steps.

Right when the game starts out, your two rivals run across this tiny patch of grass after challenging you to a contest. I follow them, not seconds after, and as soon as I touch the grass I'm battling a Lillipup. And I went through two more fights before reaching the other side of this, what is it? something like a 6x5 area of grass. And it's only gotten worse.

At least the battles here move quicker than Diamond and Pearl.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
To be fair, you're able to avoid a lot of Grass in this game, where in previous versions you have to treed through it.

Watch Da Birdie

Shaggy is after Gym 3.

Karrablast after Gym 5.

Mienfoo at Gym 7...and then you need to get him to like 50+ for him to evolve.

EvilMario said:
Yes. You can soft reset for a shiny starter even, but it will take you a while
eternity
to do it.

Just curious. After all these years I never cared for shinys much, since I never ever ever saw one. With the exception of events or red garydos. I finally caught my first ever shiny, a patrat :/.. :D. Now I want more!

Watch Da Birdie said:
Shaggy is after Gym 3.

Karrablast after Gym 5.

Mienfoo at Gym 7...and then you need to get him to like 50+ for him to evolve.

is it possible to get these guys early through trades with you guys? I'm getting my game on Friday so hopefully you guys will be pretty far along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom