• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
DragonKnight said:
is it possible to get these guys early through trades with you guys? I'm getting my game on Friday so hopefully you guys will be pretty far along.

Yeah, you can have someone trade them to you at Level 1...or as eggs, even, so that way they'll hatch and the OT will be you. If the OT is someone else, they'll get more EXP, but may disobey you (not a big problem though as every badge increases the level they'll obey you at by 10 basically, so just don't do any major grinding) if they get too high in level.

DMG-01

I'm not normally the kind of person to post in a thread without reading through it, but I was gone for the weekend and this thread already has 23 pages! Anyway, can anyone tell me why my NA White works on my JPN DSi? I thought that these games were region locked on the DSi.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yeah, you can have someone trade them to you at Level 1...or as eggs, even, so that way they'll hatch and the OT will be you. If the OT is someone else, they'll get more EXP, but may disobey you (not a big problem though as every badge increases the level they'll obey you at by 10 basically, so just don't do any major grinding) if they get too high in level.

Thanks for the in-depth reply but i've been playing since red and blue. I just wasn't sure if they changed this for black and white since i've tried to stay in the dark on a lot of things.

Delio

Welp my pokes are around 40 now heading for the 7th gym. And this is really not the best picture but it works. Heh if you get the naming scheme free cookie.

188989_10150114601319100_652519099_6142627_4046004_n.jpg

Machine

Plasmid said:
Fuck elesa, lost to her i think 4 times now.

IM MAD.

I just beat her. I was down to my last pokemon AND it was paralyzed. Thank god I remembered I had an X Defend so I could take a few extra hits (annoyingly, I was out of paralyze cures).

Watch Da Birdie

Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh, and you can't trade till after you beat the First Gym and do a little side-quest to obtain the C-Gear.

Gundam, right?

How soon can i trade from the older gen? I always play with a dragonite. I like to think of myself as drake (orange island arch) from the anime

So, any chance anyone would be willing to offer me up a low level Cubchoo so I can make my dream come true?

PM me if anyone is willing, I don't want to keep bothering the board

Watch Da Birdie

DragonKnight said:
How soon can i trade from the older gen? I always play with a dragonite. I like to think of myself as drake (orange island arch) from the anime

You can't from a Gen IV game till post-E4...however, if someone gets a Dratini in their Gen V game and trades it to you, that's possible.

Delio

Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh, and you can't trade till after you beat the First Gym and do a little side-quest to obtain the C-Gear.

Gundam, right?

Yup! I had a Loran in the for of Herdier but i boxed him. Looking for a sixth and i'm not sure what to use.

KJTB

Finally at the elite 4... gonna grind for a little while and have my whole team at lvl 50 because I'm OCD like that :p. Well, at the very least get fraxure to 48 so it evolves...

Right now my team consists of:

Emboar- lvl 50
Excadrill- lvl 50
Seismitoad- lvl 50
Fraxure- lvl 40
Simisage- lvl 42
Archeops- lvl 42

My team isn't that well rounded but this is what I ended up with :/

Hopefully if all my pokemon are lvl 50 starting out I won't have toooooo much trouble with the elite four.

For those of you who are passed the elite 4, is there a better place to train for it than victory road?

What is the money situation in this game? Is it hard to come by? Can you only get it from trainer battles, thus making only a finite amount of money you can get?

Red

I'm not using my own DS to play the game currently, and whenever I try going into an online trade I'm told "Nintendo Wi-Fi connection treats your DS game card and the system as a set." Is it safe to do this? Will I be able to use it when my DS is again available?

Watch Da Birdie

Oh and D-Pad, you're one of those cueball guys who wear the Sandile jackets in my game.

Teknoman

Crunched said:
I'm not using my own DS to play the game currently, and whenever I try going into an online trade I'm told "Nintendo Wi-Fi connection treats your DS game card and the system as a set." Is it safe to do this? Will I be able to use it when my DS is again available?

I think it just resets your friend code.

EDIT: Hmm we (trainer IDs) have natures now?

Teknoman

Was planning on training a Purloin (even nicknamed her Juri) but...man, she just seems to be lagging behind the rest of my team (not in level, just in general usefulness). Maybe i'll come back to her later or something.

Manus

Can anyone help me on getting my DS Lite hooked up to my Wi-Fi? I keep getting error code 51300 and I've tried everything. My ESSID is not hidden, I've tried different channels and nothing.

maxxpower

Is the ground/dark crocodile pokemon worth training?

I'm on the third gym right now, how long before I can catch a dragon pokemon?

Izayoi

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Can someone explain to me why they have a local WiFi room in the PokeCenter, when seemingly everything can be done right from the C-Gear?
Nostalgia?

Cooler trading animation?

I'm not sure really, are there minigames in there or something?

maxxpower said:
Is the ground/dark crocodile pokemon worth training?

I'm on the third gym right now, how long before I can catch a dragon pokemon?
It's one of the best Pokemon this Generation.

Also, for Dragon Pokemon:
not until around the sixth or seventh gym, IIRC.

Izayoi said:
It's one of the best Pokemon this Generation.

Nice! One of the ones I wanted to use most

Damn! That would mean choosing between him and Excadrill, as they are both ground, correct? Of course I could use both, but that would be inefficient?

Izayoi said:
Nostalgia?

Cooler trading animation?

I'm not sure really, are there minigames in there or something?
Seems really redundant. Especially since one you have to travel to, and the other is always right there with you.

Is there a list of pokemon currently released into the dream world? And how often are pokemon released into DW by GameFreak?

Edit: Didn't spoiler Dream World because I figured it was in the game's manual

Teknoman

How do you find out the password for the machine in Castelia City anyway? I know what it is, but just wondering for people who might end up waiting for the last gen transfer machine.

btkadams

for the survey thing in castelia city, how do you survey people? it said to walk by 5 people but i've walked by millions and it still says 3 left.

Izayoi

Banned
Teknoman said:
How do you find out the password for the machine in Castelia City anyway? I know what it is, but just wondering for people who might end up waiting for the last gen transfer machine.
Machine's password is Everyone Happy Simple Connection.

It allows the Lock Capsule, Celebi, and the Shiny Trio to be transferred up to unlock a TM, Zorua, and Zoroark respectively.

btkadams said:
for the survey thing in castelia city, how do you survey people? it said to walk by 5 people but i've walked by millions and it still says 3 left.
You and the person who you walk past have to have a DS (or 3DS) in sleep mode with the C-Gear enabled.

Roto13

btkadams said:
They mean to turn your DS on, put it in your pocket, and walk by people in the meatspace. :p

btkadams

Izayoi said:

It allows the Lock Capsule, Celebi, and the Shiny Trio to be transferred up to unlock a TM, Zorua, and Zoroark respectively.

You and the person who you walk past have to have a DS (or 3DS) in sleep mode with the C-Gear enabled.
Roto13 said:
They mean to turn your DS on, put it in your pocket, and walk by people in the meatspace. :p
wait... so i'm supposed to physically walk by real people with a ds and pokemon black/white?

so weird lol.

suzu

By the way, you can change your trainer's "nature". And some other stuff on your trainer card, such as the "default message" and your "sprite's look" (for when you go wi-fi/online or whatever). Just tap each section.

Teknoman

suzu said:
By the way, you can change your trainer's "nature". And some other stuff on your trainer card, such as the "default message" and your "sprite's look" (for when you go wi-fi/online or whatever). Just tap each section.

Oh so it's not ID dependent anymore.

D-Pad

Knew about the message but didn't know you could change the nature. It must not do anything too special in-game, huh? Just for show?

Damn. Can't change the money. ;[

Teknoman

Izayoi said:

Does anyone ever mention the password in game?

Izayoi

Banned
btkadams said:
wait... so i'm supposed to physically walk by real people with a ds and pokemon black/white?

so weird lol.
Not surprisingly, going to college helps me fill those out awfully fast.

Tossed it into my backpack and I've got six responses in a couple of hours.

Not too shabby.

Teknoman said:
Does anyone ever mention the password in game?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom