• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
Not surprisingly, going to college helps me fill those out awfully fast.

Tossed it into my backpack and I've got six responses in a couple of hours.

Not too shabby.

No.

Hmm I guess it'll be something Nintendo reveals through their own website when the time comes.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Not surprisingly, going to college helps me fill those out awfully fast.

Tossed it into my backpack and I've got six responses in a couple of hours.

Not too shabby.

Which city are you near? I don't think I'll get a fraction of that in my small little town. Perhaps I'll get some hits when I go down to Savannah later...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just caught Victini and beat the third gym. It's almost criminal they put the fire type legendary in the same place as the
bug-type
gym. :lol

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Which city are you near? I don't think I'll get a fraction of that in my small little town. Perhaps I'll get some hits when I go down to Savannah later...
North Seattle, which probably explains it.

Billychu said:
I don't think anyone at my community college even owns a DS D:
That sucks, dude.

Andrex said:
I just caught Victini and beat the third gym. It's almost criminal they put the fire type legendary in the same place as the
bug-type
gym. :lol
Personally, I just went to the desert and caught a Darumaka. He's a wrecking ball.

Also, lol @ the obnoxious animated phrases. Pick something with two blanks and blind your enemy!

KJTB

Ghost trainer of the elite four just fucking mopped the floor with me... shit.

Edit: I had 1 standing after the fight... this is going to be tough :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Personally, I just went to the desert and caught a Darumaka. He's a wrecking ball.

I did the same but boxed him because Victini is more useful being dual-type.

Emitan

Izayoi said:
It's also using a Legendary in battle, which is against my code.
Does Victini have amazing stats or is it like a normal Pokemon? I want to use it, but not if it's a "real" legendary.

Firestorm

Yay just started the game.

This is bullshit how is Tepig supposed to beat Snivey :( Slower but same damage?

Also dammit this building has WPA encryption. I'm screwed.

Izayoi said:
Same here. It's just overkill really.

I just got my third badge, working on evolving my Tympole before bed, tomorrow or so I'm gonna start transferring my Pokemon over. So the breed extravaganza will begin. So any one who wants old gen starters, dragons, whatever, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:

I have actually never used legendaries, as far as I can remember, certainly not with Gen 4. But I guess I don't really count Victini for some reason. Maybe its placement in the Pokedex.

Still it's fun having one on my team, even just this once. It's neat to try new things with new games.

DarthWufei said:
Same here. It's just overkill really.

I just got my third badge, working on evolving my Tympole before bed, tomorrow or so I'm gonna start transferring my Pokemon over. So the breed extravaganza will begin. So any one who wants old gen starters, dragons, whatever, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

You can't transfer from older games until you beat the game.

Teknoman

Billychu said:
Does Victini have amazing stats or is it like a normal Pokemon? I want to use it, but not if it's a "real" legendary.

Its got a nice ability that ups that boosts the accuracy among other things in your party, and it's a decent fire/psychic.

I want to use my legendaries in battles, but everyone seems to frown upon them in online tournaments :p Of course any Pokemon is easily beaten when facing the right opponent.

zumphry

Banned
Bloody Munna's and their stupid Moonlight!

e: ok, what fossil is better? Cover Fossil for Tirtouga, or Plume Fossil for Archen? IMO, Archen looks slightly cooler.

Chose the Plume Fossil.

Izayoi

Banned
Billychu said:
It's got a total of 600 for base stats, just the same as pseudo/actual Legendaries.

Andrex said:
I have actually never used legendaries, as far as I can remember, certainly not with Gen 4. But I guess I don't really count Victini for some reason. Maybe its placement in the Pokedex.

Still it's fun having one on my team, even just this once. It's neat to try new things with new games.
I guess, and the game is little more difficult than previous ones I guess. I dunno, it's just the principal of the thing. Maybe when I get Zekrom.

ZayneH said:
Bloody Munna's and their stupid Moonlight!
I know that feel. Fucking Moonlight spamming is so obnoxious.

Proven

Loving the game. Just got to Castelia City and will have the third gym beat in the next 12 hours. Going to be keeping out of this thread as I'm trying to play as blind as possible, but this thing is already up to page 46 so I'm going to forget about keeping up.

Kusagari

I don't know why anyone would care about using legendaries in the main game. It's not like they really make the game any easier. It's easy as is.

Firestorm said:
Yay just started the game.

This is bullshit how is Tepig supposed to beat Snivey :( Slower but same damage?

Also dammit this building has WPA encryption. I'm screwed.
This game supports WPA...on the DSi.

Also, it's both refreshing and annoying just how many rival battles you get in this game.
Kusagari said:
I don't know why anyone would care about using legendaries in the main game. It's not like they really make the game any easier. It's easy as is.
Personally, I've never used legendaries during the main game, out of principle.

Firestorm

ColtraineGF said:
This game supports WPA...on the DSi.

Also, it's both refreshing and annoying just how many rival battles you get in this game.
Well at least I have a reason to not cancel my 3DS pre-order?

Izayoi

Banned
Kusagari said:
Because a fourteen-year old kid with two badges shouldn't be carrying around a Legendary Pokemon. Hell, he shouldn't be carrying one around ever.

The battles with them are cool, and I might take them out to look at their backsprites every now and then, but I'll never use one in any kind of actual combat.

survivor

Banned
This 4th gym leader is pissing me off. If I'm not getting critical hit to hell I will be getting paralyzed. And I just wanna know what genius thought it was a good idea to make Emolga part Flying. Now my Drilbur is completely useless.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Its got a nice ability that ups that boosts the accuracy among other things in your party, and it's a decent fire/psychic.

I want to use my legendaries in battles, but everyone seems to frown upon them in online tournaments :p Of course any Pokemon is easily beaten when facing the right opponent.

That's the other thing. If I don't use them during the single-player game when can I use them?

Although Victini will likely be the only one I use.

Firestorm

Izayoi said:
Because a fourteen-year old kid with two badges shouldn't be carrying around a Legendary Pokemon. Hell, he shouldn't be carrying one around ever.

The battles with them are cool, and I might take them out to look at their backsprites every now and then, but I'll never use one in any kind of actual combat.
And an badass looking legendary should probably be stronger than a Pokemon you see all over the place but we still have Articuno!

I have to say I love the variety of Pokemon types found early in the game, I already have a pretty decent type coverage and each Pokemon is rather cool/unique. I almost dismissed Tympole then I noticed it turns into a pretty cool toad. Awesome.

survivor said:
This 4th gym leader is pissing me off. If I'm not getting critical hit to hell I will be getting paralyzed. And I just wanna know what genius thought it was a good idea to make Emolga part Flying. Now my Drilbur is completely useless.
I just got through that battle a little while ago. I decided to got he whole rock weakness angle, since I found that against other Pokes, her Emolga tends to spam Double Team *rage*.

My Tirtouga barely one-shotted one of her Emolga after surviving a Volt Switch (<3 Sturdy), and the other was taken out by 2 Rollouts from Pignite (she managed to survive 2 Aerial Aces). Then, it was a matter of mopup with Sandile w/ Dig vs. Zebstrika, and the badge was mine.

Never again...

Also, I just realized just how much the game doesn't want you to grind to victory, through the double-edged sword of experience leveling. This made the battle harder than it would have been on a previous game.

KJTB

Beat the elite 4 :D

Was pretty tough, definitely struggled more this time than I did with the other games but that's probably due to the lack of diversity on my team.

zumphry

Banned
OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS DESERT TAKING SO LONG EERRRGH.

I know I hate deserts! I hated the one in Gen 3, and this one is even worse.

Emitan

ZayneH said:
OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS DESERT TAKING SO LONG EERRRGH.

I know I hate deserts! I hated the one in Gen 3, and this one is even worse.
That's where my secret base was in Gen 3. It was in that cave with the long entrance and I put music tiles there to play myself a song as I entered. RESPECT THE DESERT.

zumphry

Banned
Billychu said:
RESPECT THE DESERT.

NO! There's nothing there but sand, sand, and more flipping sand! I'm glad I'm finally out of the ruins (even though I'm going to have to go back there aren't I? :|)

Emitan

ZayneH said:
NO! There's nothing there but sand, sand, and more flipping sand! I'm glad I'm finally out of the ruins (even though I'm going to have to go back there aren't I? :|)
Ahem. I have SAND on my BOOTS!

btkadams

ok i just clicked extralink out of curiosity and im like stuck in the place where you can go into other people's games. how do i leave??????

edit: nvm lol. too much weird new shit in this game it's scaring my conservative mind

Finally got home and Pokemon White was waiting for me at home. :]
I know it's probably been said, but no L=A!? How am I supposed to study with my right hand and play with my left hand anymore. :[ lame. Either way I'm prepared for a long night of playing and neglecting my homework.

Balb

Posted this in the wrong thread:

As I keep playing the game I can't help but feel like they were forced to rush this game out or something. Seriously, another ice gym leader (who happens to be named Brycen in the English version, similar to Bryce) with a slide puzzle? Swoobat instead of Zubat? Another pigeon Pokemon?

Maybe I'm wrong but this just feels like a mish mash of older games. I mean I'm still enjoying it but still. Doesn't seem very original at all.

Emitan

Balb said:

As I keep playing the game I can't help but feel like they were forced to rush this game out or something. Seriously, another ice gym leader (who happens to be named Brycen in the English version, similar to Bryce) with a slide puzzle? Swoobat instead of Zubat? Another pigeon Pokemon?

Maybe I'm wrong but this just feels like a mish mash of older games. I mean I'm still enjoying it but still. Doesn't seem very original at all.
You are aware this is a Pokemon game, right?

Kuugrr

Does anyone have an extra Oshawott egg they'd be willing to part with? I'm really regretting not choosing at the beginning like I planned to.

Edit: Full member status! Woo!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Balb said:

Really, that's your evidence it was rushed? Two of those things are English translation related and have nothing to do with the game's development at all.

Balb

Andrex said:
Really, that's your evidence it was rushed? Two of those things are English translation related and have nothing to do with the game's development at all.

The ice gym isn't part of localization. The gym leader name, maybe. A lot of the Pokemon are really similar to old ones (such as the ones I mentioned earlier). The names only add to the feeling. I've put in hundreds of hours into each generation of Pokemon games (used to play competitively and I have 490 Pokemon in my Platinum file) so it's not like I'm coming into this uninformed.

Anth0ny

Andrex said:
Gerudo Prison was one of the best TP dungeons.

But Snowpeak was the best. Snow>sand.

Speaking of Zelda, surely I'm not the only person thinking of

92515a42deb2ae532495427a996fb5521225383430_full.jpg

every time Team Plasma says "seven sages".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anth0ny said:
But Snowpeak was the best. Snow>sand.

Speaking of Zelda, surely I'm not the only person thinking of

92515a42deb2ae532495427a996fb5521225383430_full.jpg

every time Team Plasma says "seven sages".

No you're not.

And City in the Sky was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom