• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Fewr said:
Question, what's the point of playing while my DS says it's conneted via WiFi?

Can I change the C-gear so the bottom screen shows the menu instead of the connecitvity stuff? It really annoys me that they seem to have left there showing all the time something that 99% of the time I won't use.

I really don't know. I usually have the dousing machine down there, though. I assume there's a few other items that go down there, too.

Izayoi

Banned
Pansage - Leaf Stone
Pansear - Fire Stone
Panpour - Water Stone
Munna - Moon Stone
Boldore - Trade
Woobat - Happiness
Gurdurr - Trade
Swadloon - Happiness
Cottonee - Sun Stone
Petilil - Sun Stone
Minccino - Shiny Stone
Karrablast - Trade (w/Shelmet)
Eelektrik - Thunder Stone
Lampent - Dusk Stone
Shelmet - Trade (w/Karrablast)

Gravijah said:
Audinos are all almost every route I've been to so far. I'm just a little sick of them. But 500-1k EXP per? I'll take it.

Audinos give loads of experience? (I haven't played much yet so this is all news to me).

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Pansage - Leaf Stone
Pansear - Fire Stone
Panpour - Water Stone
Munna - Moon Stone
Boldore - Trade
Woobat - Happiness
Gurdurr - Trade
Swadloon - Happiness
Cottonee - Sun Stone
Petilil - Sun Stone
Minccino - Shiny Stone
Karrablast - Trade (w/Shelmet)
Eelektrik - Thunder Stone
Lampent - Dusk Stone
Shelmet - Trade (w/Karrablast)

Thank you.

The Super Bob said:
Audinos give loads of experience? (I haven't played much yet so this is all news to me).

Tons and tons of exp. You'll be fighting them a lot because of that.

Izayoi

Banned
Green Scar said:
Fucking A, when do Water Stones appear? Panpour sucks so much dick atm
Castelia City, first pier.

Nobody for the Shelmet and/or Karrablast? All 493 pre Gen V etc etc. Wiseblade seems to have left, and now I'm just sitting in the Pokemon Center. :(

Izayoi said:
Castelia City, first pier.

Oh thank God, I just got there this morning before leaving for college. Time to upgrade that motherfucker.

Dascu said:
Careful with the stone evolutions: They stop learning new moves after evolving, IIRC.

As soon as I have access to the Carracosta line I'm dropping it anyway.

Izayoi

Banned
Dascu said:
Careful with the stone evolutions: They stop learning new moves after evolving, IIRC.
Yup, you're correct. Don't evolve until you know you have the moves you want, or all the rest are available via TM.

Gravijah said:
Tons and tons of exp. You'll be fighting them a lot because of that.

Okay, thanks.

Will be playing tonight and probably through the week. Will probably have stuff to trade with people at the weekend.

Gravijah

So... How exactly does Small Court and Big Stadium work? Someone earlier told me you could continue battling the people in BS, but is that like once a day or something?

Woffls

Dascu said:
o_O OH! Luckily I've not evolved any yet, but thank you.

So, I found Thundurus, but running around the place I've not been able to find it again. Presumably the
weather will go all mess up
when we're in the same area? I know it's in certain places at certain times, but I've not yet found an accurate schedule for it.

Dascu

Woffls said:
o_O OH! Luckily I've not evolved any yet, but thank you.

So, I found Thundurus, but running around the place I've not been able to find it again. Presumably the
weather will go all mess up
when we're in the same area? I know it's in certain places at certain times, but I've not yet found an accurate schedule for it.
He's in the southern routes in the morning and in the northern routes in the evening. You could for example wait until evening, go to Route 10 (the one leading up to Victory Road) and keep entering and exiting through the gate until it's all stormy.

Izayoi

Banned
Mafro said:
What's the quickest method of getting a Pokemon to evolve via happiness?
Shell Bell and vitamin spam.

Going to bed for real now, just checked the thread one last time after I beat the fourth gym.

Bauer91

Just got White and played it for an hour and a half, amazing stuff. I've played Pokemon games a lot when I was younger but skipped all the DS games so this feels fresh and a lot better then the GBA games.

Dascu

For those interested in Larvesta/Volcorona, it can be gotten surprisingly early: You just need Surf. It's an excellent Fire/Bug that can even learn Fly (and I assume certain other Flying TMs).

Gravijah

Dascu said:
For those interested in Larvesta/Volcorona, it can be gotten surprisingly early: You just need Surf. It's an excellent Fire/Bug that can even learn Fly (and I assume certain other Flying TMs).

Oooh I want one of those... Around what badge do you get Surf?

Wichu

Dascu said:
Doesn't Larvesta evolve ridiculously late though? Level 59 IIRC.

Dascu

Gravijah said:
Oooh I want one of those... Around what badge do you get Surf?
Right after
the battle with Cheren after beating the sixth gym.
You can then go pick up a Larvesta egg at
Route 18, which is accessed by surfing west from Route 1. There's a house on the island and one of the NPCs inside will give you the egg, so make sure you have an open spot in your team.

Wichu said:
Doesn't Larvesta evolve ridiculously late though? Level 59 IIRC.
Yes. But hey, the earlier you get it, the earlier it reaches that level! Besides, even its unevolved form is pretty decent.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Weird question...

In Castelia City near the exit, there's this one building with a man with a Pikachu you can talk to...the Pikachu is nicknamed (the trainer complains about this) but, I'm wondering, what is its nickname in your game?

The Pikachu in my game is named Gesundheit, which freaks me out because that's my Cubchoo...but I'm wondering if the game simply names it after one of your nicknamed Pokemon in your party, or if it's the same in every game. It kind of bothered me lol.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Weird question...

In Castelia City near the exit, there's this one building with a man with a Pikachu you can talk to...the Pikachu is nicknamed (the trainer complains about this) but, I'm wondering, what is its nickname in your game?

The Pikachu in my game is named Gesundheit, which freaks me out because that's my Cubchoo...but I'm wondering if the game simply names it after one of your nicknamed Pokemon in your party, or if it's the same in every game. It kind of bothered me lol.
That is what he is named in my game too.

Dascu

Watch Da Birdie said:
Weird question...

It's named Gesundheit in my game too.

Gravijah

DrForester said:
More I play this and look at the area designs, the more I'm convinced that the 3rd edition will be for 3DS.

There's no way Grey will be for the DS. The 3DS will have been out for around a year, if not longer, by then and DS will be long dead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DrForester said:
More I play this and look at the area designs, the more I'm convinced that the 3rd edition will be for 3DS.
Could be enough to convince to buy the third edition. Haven't done so since Yellow.

Roto13

I really wish I could tranfser my Pokedex over from HeartGold/Platinum. The games fit together to make it feel like one giant world in a way, but I still have to start my Pokedex over every time I get a new game.

Emitan

Gravijah said:
There's no way Grey will be for the DS. The 3DS will have been out for around a year, if not longer, by then and DS will be long dead.
The DS won't be dead. It'll still have tons of shovelware coming out for it!

Zzoram

Billychu said:
The DS won't be dead. It'll still have tons of shovelware coming out for it!

It'd be an excellent way to convert people to 3DS though. Pokemon Grey 3DS, and it would allow for a Pokemon game to hit 3DS much earlier than a true Gen VI Pokemon.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Roto13 said:
I really wish I could tranfser my Pokedex over from HeartGold/Platinum. The games fit together to make it feel like one giant world in a way, but I still have to start my Pokedex over every time I get a new game.
welcome to EVERY generation change. I had almost a complete pokedex in R/B/Y and started over from scratch in G/S.

At least here though you have a way of catching em all right from the beginning (with trading). In Gen3 IIRC it took three additional cycle releases to finally get a completed pokedex of all then-existing pokemon.

Zzoram

borghe said:
welcome to EVERY generation change. I had almost a complete pokedex in R/B/Y and started over from scratch in G/S.

At least here though you have a way of catching em all right from the beginning (with trading). In Gen3 IIRC it took three additional cycle releases to finally get a completed pokedex of all then-existing pokemon.

Aren't there tons of event unique Pokemon that once missed, you have no way of getting? Unless there are kind people out there breeding extras.

KingDirk

Made it to Castelia, got Victini, and lemme say...daaaaaang, this game has fixed so many of the problems I'd had with previous games. It's fast, it's fun to look at, and the Pokemon themselves are superfun. A+ GameFreak, I hope it keeps up at this pace and I don't burn myself out.

(P.S.: Do traded Pokemon stop learning moves like stone-evolved Pokemon? If not, would any interested parties PM me about doing a quick back-and forth trades of Boldore/Gurdurr?)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
KingDirk said:
(P.S.: Do traded Pokemon stop learning moves like stone-evolved Pokemon? If not, would any interested parties PM me about doing a quick back-and forth trades of Boldore/Gurdurr?)
You can trade and still learn moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom