• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

MatthewB92 said:
That was fun. Nice ending to the credits.
First pokemon game ever though that I didn't lose a single battle :D

I want a sequel to this story like G/S/C. It would be fun I think.

Did you find this game to be easier than past ones?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fighting Elesa right now...

Had Golett use Iron Defense twice at the beginning, so it's basically invincible to most Physical Attacks even though its weak to Emolga's Pursuit and Aerial Ace, and then I used Roll-Out to kill those damn squirrels.

And then Zebstrika came out...one Roll Out, since it had charged up like four-times, KO'D it instantly. :D

My Cubchoo and Roggenrola didn't even have to come out.

Roto13

Suairyu said:
I never had a problem with Volt Switch.

"Why didn't I think of that?!" strategy below:
Just throw Blitzle up front. His Lightning Rod ability nullifies any lightning attacks made by the opponent, converting them instead into a buff for the special attack stat. So every time they did Volt Switch, Blitzle's Fire Charge ability grew stronger. Took only a few turns to get to the stage where it was one-hit KO. Had my Blitzle had the other possible ability, Motor Drive, it would have been a simple speed buff instead of a special attack buff. Would have taken slightly longer, but still pain free.

ELECTRIC HORSES ARE AMAZING

edit
Yeah if you could check relatively soon that'd be amazing and I'd be very grateful. I mean, the official Nintendo distribution ROMs are easy enough to come by if the website version only contains the Pokémon alone, but if everything (shiny Celebi aside) can be done from one source, that makes life much easier.
I just walked up to the shrine in Ilex Forest with that Celebi from the top of that list at the front of my party and the event started. :D I turned it off, though, because I don't want to do it right now.

Zzoram said:
Did you find this game to be easier than past ones?
Not really easier but I felt like I got healed a lot more by random people.
Plus I only used 4 pokemon most of the time until I got Reshiram. But I was on par level wise with the final pokemon battles.

Final team for the end of the main story.
Reshiram Lvl 52
Serperior lvl 55
Zoroark lvl 54
Gigalith lvl 55
Haxorus lvl 53

Watch Da Birdie

Gravijah said:
Man, everyone seems to be around the same place. I'm just now about to challenge Elesa.

In that case, anyone want a quick WiFi battle? I'd like to have some fun with my dudes.

My FC (this is my US one) is 5071 3251 3895

Gravijah

Gym leader theme gets better every time.

Watch Da Birdie said:
In that case, anyone want a quick WiFi battle? I'd like to have some fun with my dudes.

My FC (this is my US one) is 5071 3251 3895

Challenge Drkirby! :p

Suairyu

Banned
Roto13 said:
I just walked up to the shrine in Ilex Forest with that Celebi from the top of that list at the front of my party and the event started. :D I turned it off, though, because I don't want to do it right now.
Fantastic!

Which leads us onto the final question! With this site as a resource, to max out the 'dex you'd need White or Black, HG or SS and Platinum? Only problem is didn't Arceus require a special event-only item, the Azure Flute?

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
Fantastic!

Which leads us onto the final question! With this site as a resource, to max out the 'dex you'd need White or Black, HG or SS and Platinum? Only problem is didn't Arceus require a special event-only item, the Azure Flute?

I'm pretty sure the flute was never given away. Too bad, cause the battle theme is amazing! (Yeah, I hacked it in.)

Arceus itself was given away a few times.

Chorazin

teeny said:
For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.

Dude, that's friggin epic. I'm gonna be on that hardcore when I get home and open my copy of White!

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
I'm pretty sure the flute was never given away. Too bad, cause the battle theme is amazing! (Yeah, I hacked it in.)

Arceus itself was given away a few times.
Then how were people meant to catch him without giveaways?

EDIT - checked the website list, my bad, you can obtain him via the site. But still. What the hell at the flute not being given away WHY DOES IT EXIST THEN?!

Gravijah

So like, who's the Bidoof of this game? I know you don't need an HM slave, but I'd still like to have as many as possible on one person.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Danielsan said:
I like to take this opportunity to extend an honest fuck you to Nintendo for making the DS lite incompatible with Wireless WPA encryption. Once again proving that Nintendo is 10 years behind the curve when it comes to online.

The game is great by the way. It's more of the same, but very well done.

This. I have to have to wait until I get my 3DS on the 27th to go online.

Gravijah said:
So like, who's the Bidoof of this game? I know you don't need an HM slave, but I'd still like to have as many as possible on one person.
Only useless HM is Cut so just get whatever pokemon can learn that.

Suairyu

Banned
Whaaa? You can only search for Pokémon you've already encountered in the GTS? How am I meant to trade one of my many baby Tirtougas for an Archen, then?

Suairyu said:
Whaaa? You can only search for Pokémon you've already encountered in the GTS? How am I meant to trade one of my many baby Tirtougas for an Archen, then?
I think you battle someone with Archen in that electric cave.

Calcaneus

Only had enough time to play about an hour into it. It certainly starts out like a Pokemon game. I only bothered to name my starter, cause I don't plan on keeping these other early pokemon in my party for much longer.

One little nitpick, why exactly are the backs of these pokemon still so pixelated?

Suairyu said:
You want one? I have the fossil so I can reset for a female and breed one for you.

Suairyu

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
You want one? I have the fossil so I can reset for a female and breed one for you.
Oh man, if you could I'd love you. I did the same reset trick for my Tirtouga, too.
EDIT - While I'm at it, does anyone want to trade a Shelmet for a Karrablast?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could someone explain to me the deal with these Hidden Abilities I see on Bulbapedia? Are they obtainable without using the Global Link? A pokemon can have just one ability, right?

Woffls

teeny said:
For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.

Is there any way this can damage my save file? Will they even work in PAL territories?

And I've got 3 spare Throhs if anyone wants one :p About lvl 38.

Drkirby said:
Could someone explain to me the deal with these Hidden Abilities I see on Bulbapedia? Are they obtainable without using the Global Link? A pokemon can have just one ability, right?
Only way to get them is by dream world which isn't going to be up until the 30th. So if you battle anyone online with dream world abilities scream hacker :p
And yes pokemon can only have 1 ability plus you can't breed to have the dream world ability so it's going to be a little hard getting the right nature for your dream world pokemon.

Suairyu

Banned
Also would like to trade a Solosis (mine - White exclusive) for a Gothita (Black exclusive). And the Shelby/Karrablast(mine).

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
Also would like to trade a Solosis (mine - White exclusive) for a Gothita (Black exclusive). And the Shelby/Karrablast(mine).

Ooh, I need a Solosis.

Nayishiki said:
Does anyone have a Solosis? I can give a Tepig, Zorua or Gothita for it.

Give it to this guy!

Suairyu said:
Pal Padding you now.

Or catch two! Whats your FC?

Edit: I'm dumb, it's in this thread. Will add it in a sec.

Watch Da Birdie

Actually, you CAN breed Dream World abilities...if the female has a Dream World ability, there's a chance of passing it down to the offspring.

In Dream World, in fact, female Pokemon are much rarer.

Also, they aren't officially Dream World abilities, but that's the only way to get them at the moment...some people speculate that a future Wii RPG, since there's no Pokemon really unavailable like there was when Colosseum came out due to RS lacking many Johto Pokemon, will probably give the catchable Pokemon their third abilities to separate them from the normal handheld Pokemon. Plus, there's no way to get 5th Gen Pokemon through Dream World either.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Actually, you CAN breed Dream World abilities...if the female has a Dream World ability, there's a chance of passing it down to the offspring.

In Dream World, in fact, female Pokemon are much rarer.
You can! Wow! But females are more rare....... Damn. Didn't know this though so thanks for sharing!

Calcaneus

Suairyu said:
Because else the Musical Theatre wouldn't look good.
What is this Musical Theatre you speak of?

Gravijah said:
Yeah, this game zooms a lot. Get used to pixely goodness! :p
Boo. At least is not as butt ugly as Pikachu's back sprite was in Yellow. 50+ hours looking at a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom