• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

The black hair/glasses/suit guys always remind me of Gendo Ikari.

Jinko said:
Holy F... where did all these random battles come from all of a sudden, I wana smash my DS !!

I want to strangle whoever programmed the encounter rate.

So, people with both versions... Is doing the surveys with one other person possible? I'm tired of Japan making these modes that are hard to use when you don't live in Japan. :mad:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Izayoi said:
Repels, dude. With money pouring out of every orifice in this game it should be no problem stocking up on them.
Repels are for the weak.

Been covering the front desk as work for the morning and said I'll do a bit this afternoon. Perfect grinding time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Updated the section before the thread to be better laid-out and easier to read, and I also finally uploaded the image pack for the threads pics, headers, footer, and banner. As you can all see, I still have lots of planned updates to the OP. Even after I'm done with them, I'll still be updating with the various events -- or not, if someone beats me to it. ;)

Gravijah said:
I want to strangle whoever programmed the encounter rate.
It wasn't so bad in DPPt, I don't know why they jacked it up again, especially when there's also the Audino trick for easy exp.

Jinko

Izayoi said:
Repels, dude. With money pouring out of every orifice in this game it should be no problem stocking up on them.

I don't have much money tbh, spending most of it on potions and pokeballs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is this Subway map supposed to mean something, or is it just a nice graphic?

Well, it is at least fast. I got to Anville Town in a blink of an eye. Though I bet you it doesn't go anywhere else :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Of course, you took the part where people actually play the game.

Oh please, your thread had at least a good run-up and wind-down before and way after the game was released. :p I guess that there are just more non-Japanese players than otherwise.

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Yes.

Is anybody available who could help me evolve a karrablast? I can provide the shelmet if necessary.
Let's do it. I need the Shelmet, but I'm in town right now. White version.

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
OK, I'll be online in two minutes. My FC is on the list too.
Yup, added. In the Wi-Fi room now.

By the way, trade with fifty different people and you get a Master Ball. Just an FYI.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Drkirby said:
I wish I could just keep the map on the bottom screen.
This is the one aspect of the game I feel has declined in terms of quality. The bottom screen in D/P was waaaaaaaaay better.

Izayoi

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
This is the one aspect of the game I feel has declined. The bottom screen in D/P was waaaaaaaaay better.
Well, if there's one thing they got right it's the Dowsing Machine.

That thing is fucking amazing.

Wiseblade

Izayoi said:
Yup, added. In the Wi-Fi room now.

By the way, trade with fifty different people and you get a Master Ball. Just an FYI.
Yeah I saw that. Is that every 50 trades or a one time thing? are there any other ways to get master Balls?

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Yeah I saw that. Is that every 50 trades or a one time thing? are there any other ways to get master Balls?
I'm not sure if it's a one-time thing or not, and AFAIK it's the only way to get one.

Cool, connection error 85020. Keep it up Nintendo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Well, if there's one thing they got right it's the Dowsing Machine.

That thing is fucking amazing.

++

I'll take a crappy bottom screen if it means a perfect dousing machine and the ability to have multiple items registered on quick-select.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really wish the enemy AI didn't feel like it was just a Random Number Generator at times. Why did the enemy just use Simple beam three times in a row?

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
I'll take a crappy bottom screen if it means a perfect dousing machine and the ability to have multiple items registered on quick-select.
Pretty much. Being able to just register a slot in my bag and essentially skip an entire menu is so awesome.

Maybe disabling voice chat is what's causing the problem in wireless?

In any case, the awesome trade animation makes all of the bullshit worth it.

JackEtc

>Midnight
>Go into bed
>About to fight gym leader
>"Alright, I'll go to bed after I beat him"
>2:30 AM

dammit Pokemon, you've got me again.

Gravijah said:
So, people with both versions... Is doing the surveys with one other person possible? I'm tired of Japan making these modes that are hard to use when you don't live in Japan. :mad:
I don't know about that, but I just went downtown to try my luck and I didn't find a single person. It was the same with DQIX back then, but I was hoping I would be more successful with Pokemon. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I need to find out how certain Pokemon evolve but I'm too scared to go to bulbapedia. :(
http://pokemondb.net/

slaughterking said:
I don't know about that, but I just went downtown to try my luck and I didn't find a single person. It was the same with DQIX back then, but I was hoping I would be more successful with Pokemon. :(
You have any colleges in the area?

Anyway, anyone willing to trade me Shelmet and/or Karrablast? I don't have much now but once I beat the game I've got all 493 of the pre-Gen V mons and I can get back to you then.

JackEtc said:
>Midnight
>Go into bed
>About to fight gym leader
>"Alright, I'll go to bed after I beat him"
>2:30 AM

dammit Pokemon, you've got me again.

That's exactly why I haven't started playing the game properly yet. This will happen and I will not sleep.

JackEtc

The Super Bob said:
That's exactly why I haven't started playing the game properly yet. This will happen and I will not sleep.
And now I'm in first block, doing next blocks homework.... =\
What the hell is an "Anglo-Saxon Boast"?

Izayoi

Banned
The Super Bob said:
Yeah, it's almost 5AM and I am showing no signs of wanting to go to bed.

slaughterking said:
Well sure, but I don't actually wanna creep around schools to become a better Pokemon person. That's just not right. :I
Haha, how old are you dude? Colleges have people of all ages. My math class is mostly composed of people older than 30. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
I can't doooooo it. I'm too paranoid of accidentally spoiling something. :( I'll have to bug one of my friends when he gets on the internet for me.
If you want a list of all of the non-level-up evolutions I could just do write them down for you.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
If you want a list of all of the non-level-up evolutions I could just do write them down for you.

As silly as this is... Please.

Green Scar said:
Does it work if Repel is activated?

Yes. But you don't need to be running inside the grass, you can just be near it. Repel is nifty for caves, though, which have shaking dust.

Izayoi said:
Yeah, it's almost 5AM and I am showing no signs of wanting to go to bed.

Haha, how old are you dude? Colleges have people of all ages. My math class is mostly composed of people older than 30. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Was the second quote you posted directed at someone else?

Right, gonna play it tonight and see what happens. I've finished most of my university work for the next month now so should have free time.

Gravijah said:
Yes. But you don't need to be running inside the grass, you can just be near it. Repel is nifty for caves, though, which have shaking dust.

Yeah, I've seen the dust in Wellspring Cave, that's how you get Drillburs. I've only ran into one Audino though, and that was by accident.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Yeah, I've seen the dust in Wellspring Cave, that's how you get Drillburs. I've only ran into one Audino though, and that was by accident.

Audinos are all almost every route I've been to so far. I'm just a little sick of them. But 500-1k EXP per? I'll take it.

Fewr

Question, what's the point of playing while my DS says it's conneted via WiFi?

Can I change the C-gear so the bottom screen shows the menu instead of the connecitvity stuff? It really annoys me that they seem to have left there showing all the time something that 99% of the time I won't use.

vall03

oh god! Pokemon is soul-sucking as usual and I cant believe Im running around catching Pokemon again!

To make it worse, I still havent finished Radiant Historia! Okamiden is coming out next week and after that more PSP games! gah! my poor backlog.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom