• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Just to confirm, in the WFC you can trade directly from PC boxes, right? I know you can in GTS but I wouldn't put it past GameFreak to have different restrictions for different connections.
Gravijah said:
Meet me in WiFiland, Suairyu.
Am in Waifu land now.

Nayishiki

Suairyu said:
Just to confirm, in the WFC you can trade directly from PC boxes, right? I know you can in GTS but I wouldn't put it past GameFreak to have different restrictions for different connections.

Yes you can trade directly from PC boxes.

Suairyu

Banned
Nayishiki said:
Yes you can trade directly from PC boxes.
Indeed! But you have to use the DPAD to horizontal scroll. It looked like only Box 1 was accessible. Unintuitive as fuck.

edit - Ta, Gravijah!

Emitan

teeny said:
For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.
I love you.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
No, that's one of the few 5th Gen Pokemon whose third ability you can get...

You need to go to the Resort Desert post-E4, and Juniper awakens one of those Zen Darmanitan with a Rage Candy Bar for you to catch.

Suairyu said:
Indeed! But you have to use the DPAD to horizontal scroll. It looked like only Box 1 was accessible. Unintuitive as fuck.

edit - Ta, Gravijah!

That's not actually true, you can slide across that unintuitive looking bar at the bottom to change what box you're looking at.

Delio

Well just finished and i'm shocked i did a lot better level wise than my japanese run.

Reshiram aka White Base lv 51
Galvantula aka Char lv 52
Leavanny aka Emma lv 51
Seimitoad aka Dozle lv 51
Archeops aka Kamille lv 52
Emboar aka Amuro lv 53

My Gundam Team made it in the end!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if anyone is going to farm those feathers you can find on the bridges, since they can raise EV values without the 100 EV cap (Though they only do 1 point each)

Snowman

I have a Solosis that I could trade if anyone still needs one. I'll trade for whatever, but I'd really like an Escavalier/Karrablast if anyone has one spare?

warpaint

wow this is my first pokemon for about 10 years that last one i played was Ruby on the GBA and it is sitting right nexted to me now waiting to be played i am going to give this a good play tonight

How long would you all say the main story is ?

Emitan

Drkirby said:
I wonder if anyone is going to farm those feathers you can find on the bridges, since they can raise EV values without the 100 EV cap (Though they only do 1 point each)
WHY U DO THIS, GAMFREAK?
When are they going to let us see our EVs and give us an easier way of raising them?

Shiggie said:
Got done hatching about 30 scraggy To get a Adamant one with Moxie.
Who wants an extra. im on black btw.

I'll take one if you're giving them away, as of last night I just got my c-gear and not that far along yet. :) I'm stuck at work so if you have any left, could we trade later tonight?

teeny said:
For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.

Glad people are finding this useful, I think I posted this back in the old thread but it got kinda ignored, though chances are it was posted before. As for it corrupting your game, I've transferred over a few of em (mass eevee farm) and I haven't had any issues in Heart Gold so far

Billychu said:
WHY U DO THIS, GAMFREAK?
When are they going to let us see our EVs and give us an easier way of raising them?
They'll scare the kids away if they reveal the hidden variables. In any case I'm pleased they've not invented negative EVs yet or a more dynamic EV system (more along the lines of SaGa, if I'm one shotting say a Machamp with psychic why should that cause my physical attack to go up...from what I see it natures and IVs are the developers way of genetic variation but EVs are life experiances variations, watching a boxing match doesn't make me stronger which is where the system fails here, but a more realistic system would be even more of a chore to gind so...).

That said, getting items that boost EVs by 1...surley its quicker to find the trainer whose line up only contains EVs of *stat* than collect the items. Plus I guess EXP share still shares EVs so with planning even if the item was even in time for one Pokemon...

Dartastic

So I just got to the city with the 2nd gym leader. I gotta train up for sure I think, but I was thinking of doing it in the grass with the two pokemon at the same time. Anyway. I didn't go in that cave earlier. Anything worthwhile in there? I should go check it out, but... meh. I hate caves.

Roto13

Dartastic said:
So I just got to the city with the 2nd gym leader. I gotta train up for sure I think, but I was thinking of doing it in the grass with the two pokemon at the same time. Anyway. I didn't go in that cave earlier. Anything worthwhile in there? I should go check it out, but... meh. I hate caves.
That cave is really tiny. I forget what happens in there, but I think you have to go there after fighting the second gym leader anyway maybe? Either way there's an item and some yet-unseen Pokemon in there that can be kind of useful.

Woffls

teeny said:

This works a charm! In PAL territory using PAL DS Lite and PAL SoulSilver, and it's fine with me downloading the US Event Pokémon. I do feel quite guilty for just downloading Pokémon with no effort, though. I guess events are unfair to begin with.

Salsa

update time! because why not

Yamask, female lvl 29
562.png

Scraggy ("Shaggy"), male lvl 32
559.png

Gurdurr, male lvl 30
533.png

Duosion, male lvl 32
578.png

Servine ("Sniver"), male lvl 29
496.png

Scolipede, male lvl 30
545.png

Much happier than with the previous team.

Starwolf_UK said:
They'll scare the kids away if they reveal the hidden variables.

A Classic/Advanced setting would do the trick. Alternatively, have a character in the post-game allow you to check them accurately. The main gripe I have with this is that because I play this on and off in general, it's easy to lose track of what I was doing with each Pokémon.
Also, portability is hurt by having to resort to websites to use those calculators.

Holy Order Sol said:
A Classic/Advanced setting would do the trick. Alternatively, have a character in the post-game allow you to check them accurately. The main gripe I have with this is that because I play this on and off in general, it's easy to lose track of what I was doing with each Pokémon.
Also, portability is hurt by having to resort to websites to use those calculators.
Or at least having more in-game keywords about it. Kind of like how IVs there is a person who will give you ballpark values by the text they say.

Zzoram said:
So EXP SHARE shares EVs? Being a part of a battle means every Pokemon gets the full EV amount?
I don't know for this gen but in Gen 1 EXP all divided the stat experiance (you could divide it as dividing 1 by 2 in Pokemon maths equals zero) and I remember Gen 3 sharing the EV (but I think it was only normal so the front liner having macho brace didn't mean the rest got the boost). They may have changed it in subsequent gens but its easy to test, just get some stuff you don't care about, and fight some stuff that gives a lot of that EV (but preferebly low EXP), level up and if you see that stat go up by a mad amount you know it worked.

Plasmid

Probably going to be doing a lot of trading over the weekend when I'll Have good wifi. Caught victini on first ultra ball after 5 battles failed. Stopped at clay right now, gonna grind victini another 10 levels.

Er, wild Pansage? Didn't realise they could be found in the wild. Cool. I know the monkeys are shit (swapping out Panpour for Victini soon) but they seem rare.

Green Scar said:
Er, wild Pansage? Didn't realise they could be found in the wild. Cool. I know the monkeys are shit (swapping out Panpour for Victini soon) but they seem rare.
They are good when the evolve.

Watch Da Birdie

Alright, my Timburr and Roggenrola just evolved...probably just going to wait till I get to the Elite 4 and the rest of my team have evolved before I trade them to their final forms.

Parts

FUUUUUU

Just got hit by that double-knockout glitch, lost two hours progress. Unbelievably frustrating.

Oh well, I wasted shit loads of that time explorin' parts with nothing too good in them, but still...

Gravijah

warpaint said:
just put it in my DS so happy i bought it, any tips on this not to do and things to do

Meh, just play how you want. Nothing to worry about really.

Parts said:
FUUUUUU

Just got hit by that double-knockout glitch, lost two hours progress. Unbelievably frustrating.

Oh well, I wasted shit loads of that time explorin' parts with nothing too good in them, but still...

I don't think it's a glitch, you just have to do some odd shit to get your people back into the party. I thought I was screwed but I ended up getting my Pokemon to shift in.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Alright, my Timburr and Roggenrola just evolved...probably just going to wait till I get to the Elite 4 and the rest of my team have evolved before I trade them to their final forms.

Gurrdur looks so ugly though. :lol Plus his evolved form just looks awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh yeah...I believe you have to first choose which one of the fainted Pokemon you want to switch out for, and then choose one of your alive dudes to switch it with. Confused me in the Japanese version, but I don't think it's a glitch...just confusing.

Gurrdur looks so ugly though. :lol Plus his evolved form just looks awesome.
Really? Gurrdur and Boldore are my favorite members in both lines. :D

Woffls

Gravijah said:
I don't think it's a glitch, you just have to do some odd shit to get your people back into the party. I thought I was screwed but I ended up getting my Pokemon to shift in.
Oh this wasn't just me then. It's really weird. You need to shift your Pokémon around in such a way that the two you want to send out are at the front of your party, then it'll drop you back in the battle. It might not have been exactly this, but I know I resolved it by switching party positions.

Can I just note that I'm very glad the "A save file already exists, overwrite it?" message has gone. I mean, that was the most pointless thing I have ever read in my entire life, and it gets god damn annoying.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Marvelous Bridge
Truly marvelous! And also a bridge!

Sounds like something right out of Earthbound.

And if you get two people knocked out in a double battle, what you have to do is move one Pokemon to the upper two spots, and then select the other one. Really wish they changed it for the international version.

Can I just note that I'm very glad the "A save file already exists, overwrite it?" message has gone. I mean, that was the most pointless thing I have ever read in my entire life, and it gets god damn annoying.
Yeah. I can see if it was when you were starting a new game, but come on.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh yeah...I believe you have to first choose which one of the fainted Pokemon you want to switch out for, and then choose one of your alive dudes to switch it with. Confused me in the Japanese version, but I don't think it's a glitch...just confusing.

Really? Gurrdur and Boldore are my favorite members in both lines. :D

Idk I like Timburr and the last form, but thought when he got to gurrdur he looked so dumb. Boldore is awesome though.

I spent all night last night just leveling guys up and trying to trade on GTS, I'm really wanting a Zorua!

@Watch Da Birdie: Not sure if you got my PM, but my FC for Black is in the GoogleDoc. I'm at work now, but let me know what you're looking for in trade for your Pokemon (I beat the third gym) and we can hook up if the offer's still good.

If not, no biggie.

Edit: Also looking for someone to trade Boldore and Gurdurr with later tonight or sometime this week. I can trade yours if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom