• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Woffls said:
Oh this wasn't just me then. It's really weird. You need to shift your Pokémon around in such a way that the two you want to send out are at the front of your party, then it'll drop you back in the battle. It might not have been exactly this, but I know I resolved it by switching party positions.

Can I just note that I'm very glad the "A save file already exists, overwrite it?" message has gone. I mean, that was the most pointless thing I have ever read in my entire life, and it gets god damn annoying.
I don't think you could even accidentally overwrite save data with a new file in the other DS Pokemon games. :p I think you had to delete them first.

Wiseblade said:
So, I've got a ton of Zorua that I bred off and decided not to do anything with that I need to get rid of. Anyone want one?
I'll take one later tonight.

FC is in Google Docs, let me know what you want. I just finished the third gym and have Black.

I'll be home around 4-4:30PM Pacific today and everyday this week. Just PM or post.

Wiseblade

Keavy_Rain said:
I'll take one later tonight.

FC is in Google Docs, let me know what you want. I just finished the third gym and have Black.

I'll be home around 4-4:30PM Pacific today and everyday this week. Just PM or post.

I'm not really after anything but some PC space.

My FC is on the list BTW. Just shout when you're available.

btkadams

i'm at my uni now. so how does the c-gear thing work. do i get into my game and launch the c-gear, then just close the ds and leave it in my bag? [with regards to that survey thing]

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
btkadams said:
i'm at my uni now. so how does the c-gear thing work. do i get into my game and launch the c-gear, then just close the ds and leave it in my bag? [with regards to that survey thing]
I think so. Its spring break now, so I haven't had a chance to use it though. But I think as long as it is on, it will work.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
about that giveaway site posted on the previous page, a few notes:

1. the pokemon on that site ARE legit, even if you are obviously not getting them in a legit way. They are the pkmn files generated immediately after the event/pokemon is received over ni-fi/wi-fi.
2. As long as you get the event pokemon that way you are fine. However, please note that you MUST have THE EVENT pokemon in your party to correctly trigger the event in B&W. Just trading up a celebi from Ru/Sa/Em for example isn't good enough. It has to the the "fateful event" Celebi (same thing with the GSTOP shinies).
3. Arceus was only available directly as a mystery gift (in the US at least) in 2009. I would hope that they would offer him again sometime this year. The flute that was supposed to be used to get him was never officially distributed.

Now one interesting thing is this.. IF you are ok with doing the above "illegal" method (as far as official distribution goes), a slightly more fun way to "illegally" obtain the event pokemon and items is to grab the actual distribution ROMs from the net, throw them on a flash card and turn a spare DS into an actual Nintendo Event device. Don't ask me where, how, PM me or anything.. but... if you want to be as close to legit as possible, this seems like a fun way to do it. You just setup the one DS with the distribution ROM you are looking for and then do the mystery gift thing the normal way.

and as a bonus fun fact, you CAN "legitimately" get the Flute for Arceus this way as well. Apparently a distribution ROM for the flute was in fact created, but was never offered to the public (weird).

With all of that being said, going to that website seems like a 1000 times easier way to go about getting the event pokemon.

Salsa

Wiseblade said:
I'm not really after anything but some PC space.

My FC is on the list BTW. Just shout when you're available.

I'll be ready in a couple of hours if that's fine. I'll make sure to shoot you a pm.

Roto13

I don't think this is the right Arceus. :|

EDIT: Or maybe it is. I don't know why the event didn't trigger the first time I tried it. :p

Gravijah

Roto13 said:
I don't think this is the right Arceus. :|

What makes you say that? You can use both (flute and distributed Arceus') for the event in HGSS and actually end up with 2/3 of the "box" DPPt legendaries that way.

Eteric Rice

So have they made it any easier to get good stats than it used to be?

Because I'd like to play competitively a little, but fuck, the process of getting a team together with the right natures, EVs/IVs is a nightmare.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
I'll take one.

Once I get another egg to spawn... The first took literally 5 steps, but it has been a few minutes and I haven't got another!

Edit: Oh, there we go. Meet me in the WiFi room kirbz!

Audino EXP spoils starting to slow down now. Got Victini from 15 to 23 in under an hour, but I think it's time to kick Burgh's ass soon.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Audino EXP spoils starting to slow down now. Got Victini from 15 to 23 in under an hour, but I think it's time to kick Burgh's ass soon.

Don't worry, there are higher level Audinos. Meet me online Kirby! And I'll get you one made after I trade this one Salsa.

Bentendo

Okay, this is really pissing me off. I gave Pansage the GreenLeaf but he's not evolving. I even leveled him up with the thing and he's STILL not evolving. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Gravijah

Sec haha I need two actual Pokemon in my party...

Bentendo said:
Okay, this is really pissing me off. I gave Pansage the GreenLeaf but he's not evolving. I even leveled him up with the thing and he's STILL not evolving. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You have to use a Leaf Stone on him. Like, actually use the item.

Bentendo said:

Use the Leaf Stone on him.

Wiseblade

Bentendo said:
You have to use a Leaf Stone on him to make him evolve.

traveler

Not Wario
I'd love a Zorua, Wiseblade, but I dunno when I'll be available. Maybe some time around 7 ish EST?

Bentendo said:

The Leafstone you mean? You need to use it on him, not give it to him to hold.

Edit: Wow, beaten 3 times over.

Wiseblade

ZayneH said:
Top hat, hipster glasses, cane.

DO IT.

everybody does it
That's what I did, too. And I thought I was being original...

Also: what happened to you people who said they were available now? i've been sitting in the wifi room for AGES.

Wiseblade said:
That's what I did, too. And I thought I was being original...

Also: what happened to you people who said they were available now? i've been sitting in the wifi room for AGES.

Oh. Me too. Lemme double check that I entered your code correctly.

Riposte

Trying to avoid spoilers(lol), but how common are the 3v3 or rotation battles? Basically want a Pokemon based around a new system like that.

Bentendo

Gravijah said:
Sec haha I need two actual Pokemon in my party...

You have to use a Leaf Stone on him. Like, actually use the item.

Oh God, I feel like an idiot now. Thanks everyone, that worked. :p I was simply just giving him the item rather than using it.

PS: I meant Leaf Stone, not LeafGreen.

Delio

Anyone happen to have a dedicated Capture pokemon already ? Like the old classic Smergle with Spore and such. Now that the main game is done i'm ready to start catching things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom