• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Wiseblade said:
Also: what happened to you people who said they were available now? i've been sitting in the wifi room for AGES.

Huh, I'm in there too, I'll just go check i put your code in right.

Weird. Double checked I entered yours correctly and made sure I didn't put the wrong one on the list. Unsure what's up. Am in the Wi-Fi room seeking trade participants.

Delio

Drkirby said:
Has anyone put up some battle videos? I just uploaded a fairly mediocre battle at

70-86331-68384

I havent really gotten a chance to battle anyone sadly. All i'd have is my ingame team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Delio said:
I havent really gotten a chance to battle anyone sadly. All i'd have is my ingame team.
Didn't do the Battle Subway? They even level up your Pokemon to 50 making it a fair match even for when you first arrive in that city.

zumphry

Banned
What the fuck do you mean my pokemon's cool factor was subdued? He's in a motherfucking top hat, with hipster glasses, a cane, and a bow tie for the lady Servines.

...oh god my dignity

Roto13

Delio said:
Anyone happen to have a dedicated Capture pokemon already ? Like the old classic Smergle with Spore and such. Now that the main game is done i'm ready to start catching things.
I don't have a dedicated capture Pokemon, but I do have False Swipe on my Dewott and a Munna with Hypnosis.

Suairyu

Banned
ZayneH said:
What the fuck do you mean my pokemon's cool factor was subdued? He's in a motherfucking top hat, with hipster glasses, a cane, and a bow tie for the lady Servines.

...oh god my dignity
You're wearing mostly elegant items, there. There's nothing in that ensemble that's counted as cool by the audience.

Gravijah

Damn it, I have two Rock type Pokemon on my team and I don't want to get rid of either. I feel dirty having more than one of the same type!

Salaadin

Suairyu said:
You're wearing mostly elegant items, there. There's nothing in that ensemble that's counted as cool by the audience.

Bullshit. His getup sounds pretty fucking cool to me. Poor taste, audience.

upandaway

Gravijah said:
Damn it, I have two Rock type Pokemon on my team and I don't want to get rid of either. I feel dirty having more than one of the same type!
Really, are you serious? Two of the same type? Wow, Gravijah. I never expected this from you.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Wow.

Gravijah

Achtius said:
Can you trade eggs or do I have to hatch them before i can trade?

You can trade eggs.

upandaway said:
Really, are you serious? Two of the same type? Wow, Gravijah. I never expected this from you.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Wow.

I'm going to go hide my face in shame... At least they're both badass Rock types!

Pyrokai said:
First, should I give Throh the Macho Brace and level him up with it? Or is that a bad choice? He doesn't seem to be the fastest Pokemon of the bunch as it is so I was thinking why not just focus on power rather than speed for him?

Also, I can't figure out how to get
the fossil in the Ruins area
. There's a quick sand pit from one of the two entrances I found and the other one is blocked by a one-way ledge. I can see the lady but I can't get to her! :(

Walk against the very bottom wall under the sand. You can make it to her without falling in.

Pyrokai

First, should I give Throh the Macho Brace and level him up with it? Or is that a bad choice? He doesn't seem to be the fastest Pokemon of the bunch as it is so I was thinking why not just focus on power rather than speed for him?

. There's a quick sand pit from one of the two entrances I found and the other one is blocked by a one-way ledge. I can see the lady but I can't get to her! :(

Manus

Got up to the second gym last night and I'm at a little over 3 hours played. This is going to be a great experience.

Pyrokai said:

Walk don't run.

Wiseblade

Pyrokai said:

That's not really how Macho brace works, and it's not something you really want to mess with on your way through the story.

You can walk over the quick sand pits as long as to don't touch the middle.

Woffls

omg I caught an Axew that knows False Swipe :D It was caught not far below my current team's level, and it's a dragon Pokémon as well, which helped in a certain fight. Not checked to see what the base stats are, mind.

Also, has anyone found any TM's that send Pokémon to sleep yet? Was hoping to pick one up before I try and catch Thundurus!

Pyrokai

Thanks guys @ Quick sand question! I feel stupid. My hand basically never leaves the run button :p

Now, does anyone else raise Pokemon only from low levels? I've been training a Whirlipede from a Venipede as level 15 or something. Don't remember, but I can't help but think it would be stronger if I bred it and raised it from level 1 :p

What do you guys do? Do you find yourself wanting to do this, especially later in the game when you come across a Pokemon you really want but you caught it at level 35 or something?

Pyrokai said:
Thanks guys @ Quick sand question! I feel stupid. My hand basically never leaves the run button :p

Now, does anyone else raise Pokemon only from low levels? I've been training a Whirlipede from a Venipede as level 15 or something. Don't remember, but I can't help but think it would be stronger if I bred it and raised it from level 1 :p

What do you guys do? Do you find yourself wanting to do this, especially later in the game when you come across a Pokemon you really want but you caught it at level 35 or something?

Yeah, I got the event Zoroark, but I bred it to get a level 1 Zorua to start afresh with. It's not a Zoroark itself, but it was worth it. I feel closer to it than if I'd not seen it evolve.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Riposte said:
Trying to avoid spoilers(lol), but how common are the 3v3 or rotation battles? Basically want a Pokemon based around a new system like that.

Your first one (Rotate in Black/Triple in White) occurs in Gym Town 5...talk to the biker. After that...I don't think till Opelucid City, the last Gym Town.

There are so many other places a Triple Battle would've been perfect though...like when you gather those three dancers in Castelia at the Fountain, it would be pretty awesome if you followed that up with a Triple Battle against them.

Pyrokai

Wiseblade said:
That's not really how Macho brace works, and it's not something you really want to mess with on your way through the story.

You can walk over the quick sand pits as long as to don't touch the middle.

How come I don't want to mess with it now? Just curious. He already grew a couple levels with it on....did I ruin my Throh? :p

PokeGAF, I feel so overwhelmed! I'm trying so hard to build a perfect team but it's not easy, especially for someone like me who has even thought about playing competitively until, like, yesterday.

So why is False Swipe so highly regarded? I just looked it up and from what I got, it seems that it leaves the target with only 1 HP if the damage you dealt was higher than its current HP......but wouldn't that normally just faint it? Why would you want it remaining with 1 HP?

Mr. Sam

Izayoi said:
What. How? If anything they add more.

Often there'll be three different types. I can't counterpick and it's just reduced to a contest of whose team has the best speed. Not to mention the amount of added text I have to read. If it's hailing it'll triple the length of the battle:

___________ got buffetted by hail!

Note that I'm foolishly maintaining a balanced team of six throughout. If I had a team of three super high level pokemon I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Wiseblade

Pyrokai said:
How come I don't want to mess with it now? Just curious. He already grew a couple levels with it on....did I ruin my Throh? :p

PokeGAF, I feel so overwhelmed! I'm trying so hard to build a perfect team but it's not easy, especially for someone like me who has even thought about playing competitively until, like, yesterday.

So why is False Swipe so highly regarded? I just looked it up and from what I got, it seems that it leaves the target with only 1 HP if the damage you dealt was higher than its current HP......but wouldn't that normally just faint it? Why would you want it remaining with 1 HP?

So you can catch them more easily.

timnich

Anyone giving away Zorua:D? I would love one as it's impossible for me to get one as I only have one ds. I don't have much to give in return but ask and I might have it!

Boss Man

Seriously considering buying a 3DS and Pokemon White in a couple of weeks. Feeling a big urge to play Pokemon...

The main thing putting me off is my love of the original 150. How hard would it be for me to get a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu on White if I don't have anything else?

Pyrokai

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I need to stop thinking so competitively :p

StateofMind said:
Seriously considering buying a 3DS and Pokemon White in a couple of weeks. Feeling a big urge to play Pokemon...

The main thing putting me off is my love of the original 150. How hard would it be for me to get a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu on White if I don't have anything else?

There are no old Pokemon until after you beat the game. All the creatures are new, so you'd be Pikachu-less the whole main game.

Chorazin

StateofMind said:

Super easy, just post "Can anyone trade me a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu I don't have anything good to trade" and you'll get "I have a whole box of them cuz I was trying to breed X nature, you can have one for nothing!"

Boss Man

Chorazin said:
Super easy, just post "Can anyone trade me a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu I don't have anything good to trade" and you'll get "I have a whole box of them cuz I was trying to breed X nature, you can have one for nothing!"
Well that sounds nice lol

But I couldn't even accept it until after I beat the game?

Chorazin

StateofMind said:
Well that sounds nice lol

But I couldn't even accept it until after I beat the game?

Honestly, I'm not sure as I don't get my copy until this evening. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you could get a Poke from an the other region via a trade, but it wouldn't have a number in your Regional Pokedex until you got the National Pokedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom