• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chorazin said:
Honestly, I'm not sure as I don't get my copy until this evening. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you could get a Poke from an the other region via a trade, but it wouldn't have a number in your Regional Pokedex until you got the National Pokedex.

It's the same here. You can trade between Black and White at any point regardless of which Pokedex the 'mon appears in.

Boss Man

Android18a said:
It's the same here. You can trade between Black and White at any point regardless of which Pokedex the 'mon appears in.
Oh cool, so once I get the game I can beg online and try to get a Pichu/Pikachu and start using it regardless of my progress? (I assume I just have to reach the point where I can trade)

Looks like I'll probably be getting a 3DS here soon then.

Mistle

Even though I lost interest in HG/SS quickly, I'm really temped to give these a go... The fact that I won't be running into any old Pokemon throughout the main game is surely a plus, and there's some great looking new ones.

What Pokemon has replaced the annoying cave role of Zubat?

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
I can trade you the Accelgor from before and a Karrablast if you like?
I would love you forever.

Mr. Sam said:
Note that I'm foolishly maintaining a balanced team of six throughout. If I had a team of three super high level pokemon I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
I don't know, I really like triple battles and I find the strategic positioning a nice breath of fresh air compared to double battles which really are just a clusterfuck.

StateofMind said:
Oh cool, so once I get the game I can beg online and try to get a Pichu/Pikachu and start using it regardless of my progress? (I assume I just have to reach the point where I can trade)

Looks like I'll probably be getting a 3DS here soon then.
Good on you. Black/White are awesome.

And yeah, it should be no problem. The first town is literally like five minutes into the game and you can use the Pokemon center there to trade for a Pichu or whatever.

Mistle said:
None, because the only caves you spend a decent amount of time in during the story has none of them.

There's a big variety of cool Pokemon that show up in the caves you traverse now, though.

jman2050

Man, the moment you enter Castelia City is probably the moment where it dawns on you that this really isn't your ten-year old self's Pokemon game.

Kurtofan

Mistle said:
Even though I lost interest in HG/SS quickly, I'm really temped to give these a go... The fact that I won't be running into any old Pokemon throughout the main game is surely a plus, and there's some great looking new ones.

Woobat is this game's bat, but he doesn't actually appear in more than a few caves.
Roggenrolla and its evolution(think geodude) are major pain in the ass though (Sturdy).

This game is tough. I'm on gym 2. Getting all my pokemon up to lvl 0 to beat this suckah. I don't wanna use a fighting type, since I wont use him on my team after this, and its a waste of time/XP then.

Achtius

Kurtofan said:
Woobat is this game's bat, but he doesn't actually appear in more than a few caves.
Roggenrolla and its evolution(think geodude) are major pain in the ass though (Sturdy).

They are slow so...RUN!

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, biggest scare of my entire gaming life there for a second.

Just started up White and it spat out "New Game" at me.

25 hours I thought I had just lost.

Thankfully restarting fixed it.

But goddamn.

Woffls

Izayoi said:
25 hours I thought I had just lost.
This is why I'd like to be able to back up my Pokémon saves to somewhere more reliable than a plastic cartridge. The amount of hours and effort put into one cartridge is ridiculous, not to mention how I'd feel if it happened after transferring all my Pokémon from Emerald, FireRed, Pearl and Soul Silver to Pokémon White and it decides to just randomly delete it all.

Maybe this Global thingy wotsit will backup saves if it can read and write information over WFC?

Izayoi

Banned
slaughterking said:
The battle themes in B/W are so good. Team Plasma and the Rival Battles especially are damn fun to listen to.
Just you wait. Some of the late-game stuff is easily the best Pokemon music ever.

Woffls said:
This is why I'd like to be able to back up my Pokémon saves to somewhere more reliable than a plastic cartridge. The amount of hours and effort put into one cartridge is ridiculous, not to mention how I'd feel if it happened after transferring all my Pokémon from Emerald, FireRed, Pearl and Soul Silver to Pokémon White and it decides to just randomly delete it all.

Maybe this Global thingy wotsit will backup saves if it can read and write information over WFC?
Boy I sure hope so. I've got all 493 of the pre-Gen V mons on SS and if I lost them I would probably stop playing Pokemon for a long time. This makes me debate whether I should transfer them to White or wait until I can put them on Black. I've never seen an error like that before and it has me worried.

Lol there always seems to be a problem before you can just go fight the gym leader.

This game is cock blocking my gym badge collecting.

upJTboogie said:
Lol there always seems to be a problem before you can just go fight the gym leader.

This game is cock blocking my gym badge collecting.

Pretty sure I've put in like 10 hours already. Badges earned? 2. Real play bro

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
But fuck, some if the early stuff is already some of the best Pokemon music ever!
Yup. The late game stuff beats the early game stuff though. The Generation as a whole is peerless as far as music goes.

And here we go again with the wi-fi connection bullshit. No random disconnects but the game really doesn't want us to be able to talk to each other for some reason.

Fuck's sake.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Pretty sure I've put in like 10 hours already. Badges earned? 2. Real play bro

21 hours and 4 badges. I play a bit slow... just a bit.

Crazyorloco said:
can we set the "L" button as the "A" button? i play my DSi with one hand on the subway a lot and i remember playing like this on soulsilver. i can't find the option in the game though.

Sadly, no. Pisses me off too.

Crazyorloco

can we set the "L" button as the "A" button? i play my DSi with one hand on the subway a lot and i remember playing like this on soulsilver. i can't find the option in the game though.

Crazyorloco said:
No ;( I miss it.

Wiseblade

Y'know, I pulled off five near flawless trades on wifi two GTS trades, and did some random battles before this...

Just saying. >.>

Mr. Sam

HenryGale said:
This game is tough. I'm on gym 2. Getting all my pokemon up to lvl 0 to beat this suckah. I don't wanna use a fighting type, since I wont use him on my team after this, and its a waste of time/XP then.

If you can, catch a Throh. Caught one and haven't looked back. He functions as my team's enforcer.

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Y'know, I pulled off five near flawless trades on wifi two GTS trades, and did some random battles before this...

Just saying. >.>
With people in your country? I've never had problems like this before either, only with you (who's in Europe).

Fuck me.

I'll exit and restart my DS.

188769_10150101389691646_685251645_6899958_3983298_n.jpg

Just beat Skyla, my team is fully evolved yay! :)

Salsa

Gravijah said:
I'm not sure. After a few minutes, he literally just popped up!

Yeah, im there but we cant seem to comunicate :/ it just keeps loading.

Same thing happened with Dr.Kirby

KingDirk

Hey guys, I've been trying to get some trading happening and so far the only person who's responded says my error code is 'invalid.' Could somebody else try so I can figure out what's going on? Pal Pad says it's 1807 1503 1233

And I will totally beg for a Zorua given I was out of the country during the whole event deal...

Izayoi

Banned
Wiseblade said:
you think it's an issue on Nintendo's end?
I don't think there's any doubt.

Apparently those constant dropped connections last night were experienced by everyone, at least going off of what 4chan was saying.

My connection is perfect and my NAT is wide open. I've never had problems like this with any online in any game ever before.

warpaint

ok have played it for no more then an hour or two and i must say it a well put together game right now my main pokemon is level 11 and the rest are are 6 or 7 in the levels not to bad so far

Salsa

Izayoi said:
I don't think there's any doubt.

Apparently those constant dropped connections last night were experienced by everyone, at least going off of what 4chan was saying.

My connection is perfect and my NAT is wide open. I've never had problems like this with any online in any game ever before.

Yeah, this stuff aint working :/

weird cause i can trade in GTS just fine. We'll have to wait and see i guess, just hold onto those pokemon for me please :p

Izayoi

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
I've always had problems with pokemon online. Most of the time readding people will fix it but it's nothing new really.
I've never had problems like this before.

I'm re-adding you Wiseblade, and if that doesn't work we can just try again in a few days or whatever.

DarkWish

Just added my FC to the list in the OP. Just for the heck of it, I'll post it here too: 0733-4141-4932. Please add me, and if you do, send me a PM or something letting me know so I can add you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom