• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billychu said:
Really? I always thought Skarmory was just OK.

Skarmory has been a tournament mainstay since it was introduced. It has access to Roar, Spikes and Sandstorm, plus great resistance. Generally a good annoyer. Sturdy helps that cause now, as you can't OHKO a Sturdy Skarmory, but who knows, Gen 5 may have knocked it into touch.

It's cool for casual play too. <3 my Shiny Skarmory. (or Green Skarmory ;) )

Billychu said:
Really? I always thought Skarmory was just OK.

EDIT: How did Sturdy change? It only blocked OHKO moves before, and those were banned.
If a pokemon with sturdy has full health and gets hit hard enough to kill it, it will live with 1 HP.

Acerac

Banned
Green Scar said:
Skarmory has been a tournament mainstay since it was introduced. It has access to Roar, Spikes and Sandstorm, plus great resistance. Generally a good annoyer. Sturdy helps that cause now, as you can't OHKO a Sturdy Skarmory, but who knows, Gen 5 may have knocked it into touch.

It's cool for casual play too. <3 my Shiny Skarmory. (or Green Skarmory ;) )
Lucky bastard. I've played since RB and still have never seen a shiny outside of that gyarados. I have such amazing luck when it comes to that.

Anyone willing to help me out with a quick bouldore trade? 2537-2965-8114 is my code, I'm itching to get his final evo and would really appreciate it. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Acerac said:
Is there anyone who can help my Boldore evolve with a quick trade?

My friend code is 2537 2965 8114.

I'd really appreciate it. ^^;
If you still need help. I can do a swap so my Gurdurr also evolves.

Code is 3224 4810 1139

Acerac said:
Lucky bastard. I've played since RB and still have never seen a shiny outside of that gyarados. I have such amazing luck when it comes to that.

:lol I have a Shiny Roserade too, lololol. I'm actually quite lucky, I hear about people starting games on launch day and finding Shinies on Route 1 but it's always Zigzagoon or whatever the fuck. I've only ever found awesome Pokemon for shinies. Well, Roserade was once a Budew but you know what I mean :p

JackEtc

What are some early game Pokemon that are worth leveling?

My strategy for previous games has been to have 2 or 3 Pokemon (usually not wild ones) that were really leveled up, and then some "meh" wild Pokemon I caught. I need to change this.

Currently, I have a Level 18 Dewott, a Level 13 Pansear, a Level 8 Pidove, and a Level 6 Patrat.

What's worth catching and really leveling up? I'm not a particular fan of Patrat, but does Pidove have any promise? Any other suggestions to look out for in the wild?

Thanks.

Mr. Sam

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Douche.

AAAAAaaanyway, I can't seem to find the 3rd dancing black guy in San Francisco. Does anyone where he is? Bulbapedia and Serebii don't have any information on it.
One of the piers.

eosos

Banned
Roto13 said:
Some people insist it's good once you evolve it, but it definitely sucks before you do.
Hmmm that city to buy the water stone is pretty far away from the 2nd badge, right? Any ideas on a replacement?

Finally got both version from amazon.

I have Better Black as my main version. Chose Snivy.

Just got to the first town. This game sure starts quick. Now onto Route 2!

Also they went back to the pokedex on the save menu being the seen pokemon and not caught. :/

Roto13

eosos said:
Hmmm that city to buy the water stone is pretty far away from the 2nd badge, right? Any ideas on a replacement?
You can get a free one in the next city, but it's probably a better idea just to put it on the GTS for a Level 1 Oshawott.

Quacking

darkpaladinmfc said:
Depends on which version you're playing.
The only changes as I know are that in White there are more triple standard battles, instead in Black there are more triple rotation battle... But after all always triple battles are!

I don't remember where you can do the first though, in one of the first cities maybe.

Salsa

Desukaan.png

now we're talking.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
eosos said:

You'll receive a Water Stone before the 3rd Gym, if you answer a question correctly.

edit: Beaten.

Tympole is okay, but it's evolution's ceiling is very low. It doesn't have massive attack, nor is it incredible defensively. It does reach its third form pretty early though, so it should serve you decently through the main game.

You could consider the Rock/Water Fossil Pokemon as well. It has much higher attack and physical defense, and what I would consider a better movepool.

Zierath

Finally finished transferring all of my old Pokémon. I am so sick of that minigame. Now I have 14 full boxes anyway so it was worth it.

eosos

Banned
EvilMario said:
You'll receive a Water Stone before the 3rd Gym, if you answer a question correctly.

edit: Beaten.

Tympole is okay, but it's evolution's ceiling is very low. It doesn't have massive attack, nor is it incredible defensively. It does reach its third form pretty early though, so it should serve you decently through the main game.

You could consider the Rock/Water Fossil Pokemon as well. It has much higher attack and physical defense, and what I would consider a better movepool.
Can I get that pretty early on?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
eosos said:
Can I get that pretty early on?

After the 3rd Gym. It'll be a little wait for you, but not having a Water type until then shouldn't be too troubling. Make sure to check out the Desert Resort when you have the chance to progress. A lot of people head straight for the next city, and miss the fossils entirely.

Zzoram

I also always buy Pokeballs in sets of 10.

Is it always best to switch immediately to Great Balls or Ultra Balls when you can?

Zzoram

balladofwindfishes said:
I made sure to catch my Shiny Gyarados in Soul Silver using a Premiere Ball. Now he comes out in super sparkles and flashes and tons of fireworks.

That's what Premiere Balls do? Are they the only ones that have a special release animation?

Quacking

Zzoram said:
I also always buy Pokeballs in sets of 10.

Is it always best to switch immediately to Great Balls or Ultra Balls when you can?
I think in almost all the cases it's better. But the pokéball have a pretty low price instead of the 1200 for one ultra ball.

zumphry

Banned
EvilMario said:
After the 3rd Gym. It'll be a little wait for you, but not having a Water type until then shouldn't be too troubling. Make sure to check out the Desert Resort when you have the chance to progress. A lot of people head straight for the next city, and miss the fossils entirely.

I did the opposite, visit the Desert Resort then the next city. :s

Billychu said:
http://i.imgur.com/jRBwQ.jpg
Why are Premiere Balls so sexy? I always buy Pokeballs in multiples of 10 to get one.

Probably because they take the already simple looking Pokeball, and make it look even simpler and sexy.

Related: The Target I went to to get White had Pokemon toys and WTF THEY WEREN'T THAT COOL BEFORE WTF. I remember when the toys had springs inside them that could cut you! Damned kids today!

Zzoram said:
That's what Premiere Balls do? Are they the only ones that have a special release animation?
No, but Premiere balls sparkle with red and white sparks that circle around the Pokemon as it's released.

Some, like the net ball have a visual effect, but it's not as cool as the premiere ball. Plus net balls are really ugly looking.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've been playing this so much, I haven't really played my 3DS games. Goddamn. The C-Gear is probably the best thing in the game for me, even though I haven't used it much yet. It's like a 3DS Lite feature. Oh and I wrote a review.

So much in this game it's not funny.

Emitan

ZayneH said:
Related: The Target I went to to get White had Pokemon toys and WTF THEY WEREN'T THAT COOL BEFORE WTF. I remember when the toys had springs inside them that could cut you! Damned kids today!
Was that actually a picture of toys? I WANT THAT PREMIER BALL. I used to have a Master Ball toy from Burger King or something, but that ball is ugly.

Roto13

Now that I think about it, I'm like 90% sure I have a plastic Pokeball at my parents' house somewhere. HAven't been there in two years. Maybe this is enough of a reason to go for a visit, hmm? ;P

Zzoram said:
What level Pokemon are in Gym 8 and at the Elite 4?
8th gym mid 40's. E4 High 40's.
Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled!
After you defeat the E4 the next battles have high 40's to mid 50's.

Zzoram

MatthewB92 said:
8th gym mid 40's. E4 High 40's.
Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled!
After you defeat the E4 the next battles have high 40's to mid 50's.

Is there a lot of post-game content besides catching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom