• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

Me and my friend tried out the Xtransciever over wifi, lol. The frame rate is awful, and we can't figure out how to talk, but WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

2011-03-08_23-08-34_786.jpg

Sqorgar

Banned
Roto13 said:
They're the ones with the stars next to them.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4
I have a question about this "service":

I'd like to get a full pokedex as legitimately as possible. There are five event pokemon that I will need to trade for. Should I just assume that everybody trading on the GTS is using these cloned pokemon? Is there anyway to know? Should I just cut out the middle man and use this thing myself?

D-Pad

Just realized my Swoobat is a klutz. FML.

Actually that's good. It'll let me take advantage of
TM 62, Acrobatics
, which I just received from this gym.

ivysaur12

Banned
My team so far... (route 3)

Locke the Snivy
Sawyer the Lillipup
Mr. Eko the Panpour
Hurley the Munna
Libby the Drilbur
Sun the Blitzle

I think I'm gonna dump Panpour and Lillipup for a Timburr and Tympole.

Also, who is better, Timburr, Sawk or Throh? And what about Snivy versus Sewaddle, Petilil and Vennipede?

I also am well aware that my team is Lost themed. Might move onto another show before I'm forced to name someone Ana Lucia.

Teknoman

Wow Sigilglyph is either really strong, or my whole team has bad special def.

EDIT: I think i'm going to have more nicknamed Pokemon this gen than any other, and not because the names are bad or anything...just so many fitting nicknames for a decent amount of Pokemon this time.

Emitan

Am I doing this shaking grass thing right? You just run back and forth next to a patch of grass until one of them starts shaking, right? Is the shaking subtle or noticeable?

EDIT: Found one right after posting lol

survivor

Banned
I just tried the GTS distribution event thingy right now and it worked. I'm glad I don't have to worry about missing the Celebi or Raikou events anymore. The dates seem wacky though. It says I received the Celebi on Feb 12. Oh well, don't care that much since I'm only using them for finishing the pokedex.

Hey everyone I wanted to share this with all iOS users. (I will make a smaller version of this post for the ipad app thread)

photo-6.png

After the removal of AAA pokedex App I have been lost. Now we have this new amazing Pocket Pokedex. It has almost all of the older features, as well as a nice UI and some nice features of it's own.

photo-2.png

I didn't want to recommend it until it updated with english names, well now it just did. I highly recommend this to anyone playing, it's way easier than going to bulbapedia and will continue to update as information is brought in.

photo-3.png

photo-5.png

The next feature I'm most excited for is team builder so I can quickly access my teams pokemon, but as it is right now I love the new comparison tool, and vast amounts of info it has.

Click here for the App. It's universal.

Teknoman

lol I think a psychic in the desert just sorta dropped the "My Pokemanz" line. Also is it just me, or is there a fisherman named Andrew in every game?

Busaiku

teeny said:
For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.
Hmm, I can't get it to work for some reason after following all the instructions.
I'm not getting an error or anything either, it's just that no Pokemon shows up.

Jinko

Can anyone do a quick trade to and back with the following.

Boldore - Trade
Gurdurr - Trade
Karrablast - Trade
Shelmet - Trade

Am in the Wifi Club, cheers :)

razgriz417 said:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dex-a-pokemon-browser/id385948562?mt=8

Here's a free app I've been using, good to figure out what type of pokemon you're facing. Good enough considering it's price lol, though the app posted above sounds intriguing, wonder how well it works on an ipod touch?

I use it mostly on my iPhone, unless I'm home or somewhere I can use the iPad. It's awesome. Just as good as the AAA poked if you had ever used that before.

The move & item dex's are really useful, esp when you wanna see when a pokemon learns a move ect.

Another thing still being added is locations for all the pokemon. The biggest thing I'm waiting for the dev to add is the team builder. Which I'm hoping works just like the favorites in AAA so i can just add all the pokemon on my team & my friends ect. So i can quickly jump to them when needed.

YagizY

Are there any tips in catching Throh? I'm playing on the black version and I'm having some difficulty finding him in the area he's supposed to be in.

Acerac

Banned
I'll help out Jinko. My FC is 2537 2965 8114. Hopefully it works this time, it was being buggy for me earlier.

Emitan

Busaiku said:
Hmm, I can't get it to work for some reason after following all the instructions.
I'm not getting an error or anything either, it's just that no Pokemon shows up.
Does your DS have the same IP as the machine that's running web browser you're using?

Blizzard

Banned
"shipped" from Amazon Sunday, middle of the day arrived like an hour away from me. Of course, still supposed to take 3 more days to get here. :p

Teknoman

YagizY said:
Are there any tips in catching Throh? I'm playing on the black version and I'm having some difficulty finding him in the area he's supposed to be in.

Apparently Throh is really rare on Black and Sawk is really rare on White. If you want one, your best bet would probably be to trade.

EDIT: By the way, is there an actual wi-fi meeting room now, or is it still just done by the list?

Acerac

Banned
I'd not mind a tepig. :)

After entering the union room with you registered as a friend is there anything else I have to do? Or just wait for you to show?

Going to the room to the left was correct, eh? Or was I supposed to go to the center? I'm new to online pokemon. ^^;

*Edit*

Never mind. Seems I got it. Just doesn't want to let me connect to you. I was having this problem earlier with somebody else as well, I wonder what's up. >_<

HenryGale said:
I use it mostly on my iPhone, unless I'm home or somewhere I can use the iPad. It's awesome. Just as good as the AAA poked if you had ever used that before.

The move & item dex's are really useful, esp when you wanna see when a pokemon learns a move ect.

Another thing still being added is locations for all the pokemon. The biggest thing I'm waiting for the dev to add is the team builder. Which I'm hoping works just like the favorites in AAA so i can just add all the pokemon on my team & my friends ect. So i can quickly jump to them when needed.

Good to know, thanks. I'll probably hold off a bit on it since the collector's guide been pretty good to me and wait for the next update lol

mandiller

HenryGale said:
Hey everyone I wanted to share this with all iOS users. (I will make a smaller version of this post for the ipad app thread)

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad162/CHumes1/photo-6.png[IMG]

After the removal of AAA pokedex App I have been lost. Now we have this new amazing Pocket Pokedex. It has almost all of the older features, as well as a nice UI and some nice features of it's own.

[IMG]http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad162/CHumes1/photo-2.png[IMG]

I didn't want to recommend it until it updated with english names, well now it just did. I highly recommend this to anyone playing, it's way easier than going to bulbapedia and will continue to update as information is brought in.

[IMG]http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad162/CHumes1/photo-3.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad162/CHumes1/photo-5.png[IMG]

The next feature I'm most excited for is team builder so I can quickly access my teams pokemon, but as it is right now I love the new comparison tool, and vast amounts of info it has.

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-pokedex/id408291545?mt=8"]Click here for the App. It's universal.
[/URL][/QUOTE]

Bought in a heart beat for my iPad. I had AAA Pokedex for my iPod touch, I didn't realise it had been pulled and wasn't going to be updated anymore.

Jinko

Acerac said:
Never mind. Seems I got it. Just doesn't want to let me connect to you. I was having this problem earlier with somebody else as well, I wonder what's up. >_<

Yea I have had this a couple times now, seems it has trouble connection across counrty.

That Ipad app is very cool, wishes I had an ipad now lol

YagizY said:

Do you still need one? I grabbed an extra one at lvl 12 if you want it

Acerac

Banned
Apparently Nintendo games are not excellent online. Who would have thought? Poor Brawl. =/

Sorry I couldn't help you out. Hopefully this isn't a permanent issue with the game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
illadelph said:
LOL I've checked every single trash can in the game so far and have found nothing

I remember like the first trash can in Red/Blue had something in it. When I found that, I knew I would be rustling through every trash can I saw for the rest of my life.

Just got to Opelucid City. The music here is the best town music by far. Infact, the music from about Dragonspiral Tower has been pretty great o_O
Team so far:
fU61P.gif
Hemera, lv. 40
5cCjE.gif
Eurynome, lv. 40
6RyE1.gif
Theia, lv. 39
lDaNI.gif
Zeus, lv. 39
6H9fJ.gif
Pontus, lv. 39
01rG8.gif
Tartarus, lv. 40

Jinko

Acerac said:
Apparently Nintendo games are not excellent online. Who would have thought? Poor Brawl. =/

Sorry I couldn't help you out. Hopefully this isn't a permanent issue with the game.

No prob, thanks for trying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom