• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Question from earlier:

When meeting people for online battles or trades, is there an actual lobby to stand around in now, or is it done by the pal list? Hoping its an actual lobby where multiple people can hang out.

Plasmid

"Thunderstorm on route 10!"

"max repel ACTIVATE"

Thunderosa come onn.

"WILD POKEMON IN GRASS ENCOUNTER"

omgomgomg thunderosa

"AUDINO."

Biggest troll, fuck this thing.

SlickVic

Sorta OT, but anyone know if the DS Lite can connect to the free wifi at US McDonalds? I know a lot of free networks require some browser agreement, which obviously is impossible with a DSL considering it doesn't have a browser, so curious if the McDonalds wifi is the same.

Reason I ask is apparently my campus network blocks Nintendo WFC so outside of McDonalds, I'm not seeing any way to get the Liberty Ticket/Victini into my game.

mandiller said:
Bought in a heart beat for my iPad. I had AAA Pokedex for my iPod touch, I didn't realise it had been pulled and wasn't going to be updated anymore.

AA was so amazing. When I got my iPad and saw it was gone I was so sad. Ive been waiting for something of the sam caliber.

GAF HELP

So I got B&W since I'm playing along with a friend and my GF so I cant progress any further until we all battle. So now I have my white game to keep me occupied. Should I go Snivy or Tepig for white, I already am using Oshawott on Black.

Which starter to choose!? BTW this will be the first time I have ever not gone with the water pokemon as a starter IIRC

Zzoram

SlickVic said:
Sorta OT, but anyone know if the DS Lite can connect to the free wifi at US McDonalds? I know a lot of free networks require some browser agreement, which obviously is impossible with a DSL considering it doesn't have a browser, so curious if the McDonalds wifi is the same.

Reason I ask is apparently my campus network blocks Nintendo WFC so outside of McDonalds, I'm not seeing any way to get the Liberty Ticket/Victini into my game.

I don't understand why they would block such a low bandwidth use activity. It would make more sense to ban PSN/LIVE.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Question from earlier:

When meeting people for online battles or trades, is there an actual lobby to stand around in now, or is it done by the pal list? Hoping its an actual lobby where multiple people can hang out.

Yea is a lobby like system, you have to interact with the PC's to trade and battle though, to talk to someone you just go up to them and talk to them like an NPC.

Ideally in the next Pokemon theywill have it so you can trade and battle by walking up and talking to the character.

Edit:- thats for the wifi club (middle NPC) doesn't work that way using the GTS and GBS.

Teknoman

SlickVic said:

I dont see why they would, since Nintendo originally advertised McDonalds as the place to be for wi-fi when Mario Kart launched.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
Yea is a lobby like system, you have to interact with the PC's to trade and battle though, to talk to someone you just go up to them and talk to them like an NPC.

Ideally in the next Pokemon theywill have it so you can trade and battle by walking up and talking to the character.

Awesome (for Pokemon standards so far I mean).

I didnt get to challenge anyone today, but hopefully i'll be able to challenge some of you to lvl 20-30 Pokemon battles tomorrow. Sucks that they dont have an auto-level to balance things out instead of just capping things at 50. Anyone know the reasoning for changing that? The ideal setup would've been free battle or a 50/100 auto level battle.

Teknoman said:
Awesome (for Pokemon standards so far I mean).

I didnt get to challenge anyone today, but hopefully i'll be able to challenge some of you to lvl 20-30 Pokemon battles tomorrow. Sucks that they dont have an auto-level to balance things out instead of just capping things at 50. Anyone know the reasoning for changing that? The ideal setup would've been free battle or a 50/100 auto level battle.

Ahh I was wondering about that. I went in with all 20 &21s and got my ass handed to me by all 50's

SlickVic

Zzoram said:
I don't understand why they would block such a low bandwidth use activity. It would make more sense to ban PSN/LIVE.

Oh those are banned too. I can get the Steam client online somehow but can't find servers in games like TF2 so I'm guessing that's another port issue. Fortunately will be moving off campus next term and won't have to deal with this anymore, but the Victini promo will be long over by then.

Teknoman said:
I dont see why they would, since Nintendo originally advertised McDonalds as the place to be for wi-fi when Mario Kart launched.

From what I read online, the original deal McD and Nintendo had for wi-fi ended a few years ago. They use some AT&T network now, and I can't find anything on Google if that works with the DS Lite. I'll probably just go ahead and check this weekend.

Jinko

FWIW just tried

For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.

I tried it on White and somehow ended up with a free Zorua XD

Chargestone Cave is soooo pretty. Those magnetic rocks...

Edit: OH MY GOD. If you run in the puddles of water near one of the rocks, you get a trail of electricity following you when you run!

Teknoman

HenryGale said:
Ahh I was wondering about that. I went in with all 20 &21s and got my ass handed to me by all 50's

Yeah, thats why if we want to have battles so soon, I guess we have to specify level ranges, old school style.

EDIT: :( The dex entries for ghost types are always pretty creepy. Sure they dont seem that way the first time you read them, then you actually think about it.

Cofagrigus eats people, then zombifies their bodies

YagizY

For those of you who have just entered Pokemon for the first time since the original games, like myself, this might help.

http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm?cancel=4

This allows you to download all of the event pokemon for Diamond, Peal, HG and SS. I guess some may consider it cheating, but for completionists playing a single player game, I dont see the problem.

How do you you take the downloaded pokemon and put them in your game? Do you visit this site with the DSi browser. Sorry but I don't understand this.

maxxpower

Dartastic said:
I just entered Castelia City. That was different. And cool. And actually different, for a Pokemon game. =D

I know what you mean, it felt so weird and different. I actually had to pause the game just to make sure the cartridge was Pokemon White.

31 hours and 7 badges here. I thought I was going quite slow. Although I definitely haven't caught all of the wild Pokemon available so far yet.

My team is all level 38-44... hm. Actually though I seem to be going a lot faster than I did in my Japanese play through. I think maybe its because I know where I'm going and where the best places to level are (ie later).

Pyrokai

Billychu said:
Just got to the town with the second gym and I've been playing for over three and a half hours. Am I slow?

No. I just hit the 24 hour mark and I only have 4 badges. I don't know how some of you are completing the game in 15 hours. It confuses me....

Jinko

SolidEyeSystem said:
You just need help evolving some pokemon? I could give it a try if you want. Just added my friend code to the google doc.

Thanks for the help evolving my pokemonz :)

Oo I'm at 60+ and only have 7 badges, I been doing a load of breeding and collection though, which is kind of the point of these games, no point rushing through.

Edit make that 76hours, damn i played this too much lol

Jinko said:
Thanks for the help evolving my pokemonz :)

Oo I'm at 60+ and only have 7 badges, I been doing a load of breeding and collection though, which is kind of the point of these games, no point rushing through.
Thanks for the Oshawott! Sorry about taking so long to respond at times.

Emitan

Sutton Dagger said:
Stupid WEP security... Can't get it to work properly :(

Is there anyway to connect a DS using WPA?
Need a DSi or 3DS. I feel your pain. I've been tethering to my phone to connect online, hence the reason why I've missed every single Wi-Fi event.

Finally at the Pokémon League...

Badges: 8, Time: 24:38, Seen: 123 - Seperior 46, Scrafty 49, Zoroark 49, Galvantula 49, Darmanitan 48, Carracosta 48 @Pokémon League

Time for bed though. Been playing since I got home at 2 PM c.c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom