• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servine and Dewott GET.

I've got quite a few Pokemon to train before I continue any further into Chargestone Cave. *sigh* Time to slaughter the local population of Audino.

Just beat 8th gym, on my way to the last route. Thoughts:
1. Every trainer in the gym had a
Fraxure
, and every single one of them knew exactly how many times to use Dragon Dance to perfectly destroy my team o_O
Iris
only got tough on the last one. My Tirtouga was riding off a Shell Smash for the first Poke, and then came
Haxorus
. While I sent his HP down to almost 0, he got in three Dragon Dances and Dragon Tail'd Tortouga, and three other people on my team -_- Luckily, my Zebstrika ended it with Quick Attack.
3. I said it before, but Opelucid City really does have the best town music.
Especially with the violin track.

Anth0ny

ColtraineGF said:
Just beat 8th gym, on my way to the last route. Thoughts:
1. Every trainer in the gym had a
Fraxure
, and every single one of them knew exactly how many times to use Dragon Dance to perfectly destroy my team o_O
Iris
only got tough on the last one. My Tirtouga was riding off a Shell Smash for the first Poke, and then came
Haxorus
. While I sent his HP down to almost 0, he got in three Dragon Dances and Dragon Tail'd Tortouga, and three other people on my team -_- Luckily, my Zebstrika ended it with Quick Attack.
3. I said it before, but Opelucid City really does have the best town music.
Especially with the violin track.

Yup, just beat the 8th gym and am now at the Elite 4. Grindan' time.

Andrefpvs

Teknoman said:
lol I think a psychic in the desert just sorta dropped the "My Pokemanz" line. Also is it just me, or is there a fisherman named Andrew in every game?

I know I definitely smiled when Youngster Joey challenged me in White. Finally ditch that Rattata, heh!

HappyBivouac said:
so how does one go about getting an exp. share?

You can get one in the battle building at the big city if you want. Castelia is it? I forget.

You can also get one in the 7th-gym town by showing the Pokemon Fan Club guy a very happy Pokemon (eg if you managed to get a Swoobat, that'll probably work).

I've got two right now. There's probably another somewhere else too.

Jinko

yeb said:
Would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Gurdurr and Boldore?

1463 5574 1979

Sure on my way to pokecentre.

on the opposite end, Purrloin is causing me nothing but frustration trying to level it up.

For dark you would be better off with Sandile.

teeny

YagizY said:
How do you you take the downloaded pokemon and put them in your game? Do you visit this site with the DSi browser. Sorry but I don't understand this.

I dont know about the download pokemon option. What I did was click the request button, then follow the steps in the guide.

You need to put the right settings into the Nintendo WFC options, then go to the GTS in either Jubilife City (Platinum, Diamond, Pearl) or Golden Rod City (SS and HG). Talk to the woman in the top left corner, follow the process, and then the DS picks up the requested pokemon from the server.

Gravijah

Insaniac said:
on the opposite end, Purrloin is causing me nothing but frustration trying to level it up.

Purrloin and its evolution really suck. I kept it around until like level 30, but it's just not that good. Too bad since I like how it looks. :/

Neiteio

I suspect my copy will arrive from Amazon tomorrow. In the meanwhile I think a fun "story mode" team may be:

503.gif

526.gif

534.gif

553.gif

609.gif

598.gif

But we shall see!

Jinko

yeb said:
Thanks, I finally got in but then it kept disconnecting me when I tried to trade with you. :(

Sorry, this is my first time trying anything on wifi.

Edit: Guess I'll just wait for tomorrow. Thanks for trying though.

Can't even see your avatar :S

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My Petilil has growth (will replace with quiver dance), sleep powder, leech seed and giga drain. Should I replace any move with petal dance? It's ability, own tempo, should negate the confusion at the end so it could be an effective grass move but I like my self healing leech.

Alright, after 7 badges my team is:
Xaqvy.png
Kojiro the Samurott
iYi5n.png
Eli the Whimsicott
FiXZQ.png
Mr. Vile the Krookodile
xtGp2.png
Harland the Archeops
ScFlN.png
Orion the Beartic and
Gw2nx.png
Chi-Chi the Heatmor

I'm still not quite sure on if this will be my set team yet. I was thinking of adding in a roaming/trio legendary but I really don't have any room to fit them in.
I could put Virizion in for Whimsicott I suppose...
Though my team is rather physical heavy at the moment. So if I had to replace anyone, it would probably have to be my Beartic, as much as that sucks.

I've gotta ask, does the Pokemon Musical worth anything? I've done it a few times, but all I've got were more props. Can you get anything else from it?

seady

The beginning of this gen is pretty slow I think. There are basically only 3 Pokemon to fight against in the first hour or so both from the wild or from trainers.

Chozo

Green Scar said:
Isn't there a VS Seeker in this game?

No, but once you get to Nimbasa the sports domes there give you a bunch of trainers you can fight daily. If you plan on beating the Elite 4 with a legitimate, in game team (as opposed to importing your 4th gen level 100s and spanking them that way), you'll make some major bank while grinding levels.

Chozo said:
No, but once you get to Nimbasa the sports domes there give you a bunch of trainers you can fight daily. If you plan on beating the Elite 4 with a legitimate, in game team (as opposed to importing your 4th gen level 100s and spanking them that way), you'll make some major bank while grinding levels.

Yeah, that'll be useful. Annoying though, VS Seeker was like my favourite item, so useful for grinding and such. I heard there's more daily battle options in Black?

Izayoi

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
Is this even possible? I always assumed you'd have to beat the elite four before you could get pokemon from your previous gen games, like in DPP.
You do.

I think he means for the second go-around, where they definitely mean business.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
So I just finished the first gym and my team is currently composed of:

Level 16 Snivy
Level 13 Panpour
Level 4 Patrat (HM slave)

I wasn't originally going to go with Panpour but some guy randomly gave me one, and seeing as it's super effective against fire-types, I decided to keep it.

So far, this is one of my favourite Pokémon games, though I hate the fact that they based the Pokémon in the game off generation 1.

MemoirsofMimi said:
So far, this is one of my favourite Pokémon games, though I hate the fact that they based the Pokémon in the game off generation 1.

uh

they did?

I mean, every gen has had its nods to the gen 1 "format." That doesn't really mean the entire set is somehow based on the original.

Gravijah

HappyBivouac said:
uh

they did?

I mean, every gen has had its nods to the gen 1 "format." That doesn't really mean the entire set is somehow based on the original.

It's more there are a few Pokemon that are based on similar... ideas.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well good news. It seems that once you use strength at the location I am at, the stone stays where it is even if you leave the area.

Wiseblade

HappyBivouac said:
uh

they did?
Kind of.

Restricting the player completely to new Pokémon was an effort to evoke a similar feel to RBY and some Pokémon line are undeniably similar (but still unique).

Roggenrola line -> Geodude line
Timburr line -> machop line
Woobat line -> Zubat line
Sawk and Throh -> Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
Munna line -> Drowzee line
Audino -> Chansey
Bouffalant -> Tauros
Trubbish line -> Grimer line

BGBW said:
Oh noes, I have to use strength to continue. Time to bust the HM slave out of storage.
Wait, where are you? I don't remember using Strength once to beat the game.

Eteric Rice

Wiseblade said:
6, and only one is mandatory to beat the game (Cut).

BEST. POKEMON GAME. EVER.

I'd still be happy if they put some items in so I didn't have to use any Pokemon as HM bitches for extra stuff.

Wiseblade

Eteric Rice said:
BEST. POKEMON GAME. EVER.

I'd still be happy if they put some items in so I didn't have to use any Pokemon as HM bitches for extra stuff.

What? No. GF should keep them in, but make them exclusively for reaching optinal areas/bonus items.

Flash can go die in a fire though. It isn't even a HM anymore, yet GF insist on including a poorly lit cave just to force you to use it.

HiddenWings said:
Wait, are you telling me you can beat the game without surf and/or waterfall?
Yeah, but you should be using those two moves anyway. They're awesome.

Eteric Rice

With what I just found out, this to me, if the first big leap in Pokemon since Gold and Silver.

Now they need to add custom character so I can make a trainer that looks like me.

AND the ability to own a house... Or at least decorate my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom