• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

BGBW said:
Oh noes, I have to use strength to continue. Time to bust the HM slave out of storage.

Yea its a pain that HM moves can't be used by any pokemon as long as you have acquired it, gen VI make it so!

Gravijah said:
Damn it. I was hoping Archen got rid of that shitty ability when it evolved... How badly does that cut stats?
half to attack and special attack, but with the kind of power he has, you shouldn't have to worry about getting hurt to much. He's also pretty fast.

Suairyu

Banned
Huh, that was a let down. The 'special' at the Café in Nacrene City is merely a free soda pop. Restores 60HP. I wonder if it's a special kind that can be sold to the gourmet kitchen wagon?

Aaaaand now my sister has gotten in a mood with me and won't let me use her DSi, so I have a Pokémon on the GTS I need to rescue. I think I can use a laptop to act as a network extender to create a WEP point for my DSLite. Off to investigate.

Suairyu said:
Huh, that was a let down. The 'special' at the Café in Nacrene City is merely a free soda pop. Restores 60HP. I wonder if it's a special kind that can be sold to the gourmet kitchen wagon?

Aaaaand now my sister has gotten in a mood with me and won't let me use her DSi, so I have a Pokémon on the GTS I need to rescue. I think I can use a laptop to act as a network extender to create a WEP point for my DSLite. Off to investigate.

If you can figure out how to do this, let me know. I guess it would depend on what sort of wireless adapter is in the laptop though.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
I traded a Pokémon! She became convinced it was going to cost her money. Even after I explained it wouldn't, she'd gotten it into her head she had to be mad at me, so now is mad at me just because.

Sisters are the worst.

oh well tell her i said sup

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
oh well tell her i said sup
She's told you before to stop trying to contact her, man. Using her brother as message-boy is low. Please stop leaving messages on the answer machine.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
She's told you before to stop trying to contact her, man. Using her brother as message-boy is low. Please stop leaving messages on the answer machine.

I LOVE YOU PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

Suairyu said:
I traded a Pokémon! She became convinced it was going to cost her money.

Shotweb.jpg

ryan-ts

Nevermind. You're connected to the internet now Suairyu? If not, try this link. Worked for me when I couldn't connect my DSlite to the internet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am behind, I have only finished the 4th gym and am now doing things that isn't going to cold storage.

Oh no, Foongus, you have tricked me! How dare you pretend to be an item, now prepare to be stuffed into a pokeball and sent to Japan!

Sweet I got me a Zorua and a Snivy from GTS, now just to get an Oshwatt and I'll go back to the story.

20 hours spent on the game and only 4 gym badges. I'm loving the game.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Insaniac said:
on the opposite end, Purrloin is causing me nothing but frustration trying to level it up.
worst early pokemon of all time. only thing I am wondering if this is the new wurmple/caterpie where the evolved form is rocking.

I can't be the only one here seeing this... right? RIGHT???

/smh

I'm just going to pop into this thread long enough to say that Black/White is probably the strong entry to the series yet (since the originals).

Since Sunday I've logged 23 hours and gotten 5 badges and having an absolute blast! In retrospect, D/P was so weak compared to this.

Gravijah

MatthewB92 said:
Doesn't look like it will work. Try and see if the GTS glitch still works.

Thanks for trying!

Oh BTW, your character in WiFiland is a preschooler. Hahaha. Did you see what mine was?

I have a question about the wi-fi on the DS. I have never used it before for any other game, but when I use it for the GTS i get it connected then I have enough time to look for one trade, then I am disconnected, i go back out and I am able to connect back up right away. Is there some setting in the DS that I am missing or what? Nothing wrong with the router or anything like that it just disconnects about two minutes after I connect.

Any help to fix this? Many thanks.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
What?! NO!

I haven't run into a person that can change it either. :mad:

Can't you change that stuff by clicking on your trainer class on your Trainer Card?

Actually, is there any point as to why that stuff is there? Same about Trainer nature?

Gravijah

Andrefpvs said:
Can't you change that stuff by clicking on your trainer class on your Trainer Card?

Actually, is there any point that stuff is there? Same about Trainer nature?

Oh, I should kiss you! Now I'm an ultra cute Ace Trainer.

And yeah, I wonder what the Nature is for. Hm.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, as I said, this is my first Pokemon... and I understand the craze now. 4 fucking hours straight last night! My wife was getting annoyed because she'd ask me something and I'd just nod without looking up from the DSi.

Now I'm at work, twitching...

gar3

Hi all - I have a quick question for those who know the answer. I skimmed the entire topic and didn't see this mentioned and I apologize in advance if it was discussed and I simply missed it.

My wife and her sister currently use Pokemon Pearl via their DSes to voice chat. Neither are really interested in Pokemon so much as an easy VoIP alternative. Why? I don't know and really don't care, heh. Anywho, with the release of Black/White and the ability to video chat my wife asked whether they could start doing that. Now I have a DSi for Old People here in the US and her sister has a DSi in Japan. I just want to confirm that someone living in Japan using a JPN Black card in a JPN DSi can indeed video chat with someone living in the US using a US White card in a US DSi XL. I don't see why it wouldn't work but would rather know in advance if it doesn't before shelling out the $70 or so for the two games.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
Oh, I should kiss you! Now I'm an ultra cute Ace Trainer..

Aren't we all though? :D

I mean, I'd be a Ranger if they were anything like they are in the Pokémon Ranger games, and not a simple Cowboy/girl stereotype.

Suairyu

Banned
SUCCESS!

DS connect to via my iBook to my network. I have rescued my Pokémon from the GTS! Except it isn't my Pokémon anymore, it is a female Oshawott that I wanted which means I now have every starter in female form so I can hook GAF up with whatever they want.

Downside: now that it's a different DS, my friend code has changed, so I'll get Andrex to update.

Gravijah

Is there a way to change your FC without another DS? Someone swears they are giving me the right FC, but it says it's invalid.

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
Is there a way to change your FC without another DS? Someone swears they are giving me the right FC, but it says it's invalid.
Not that I know of. It only updates if it detects you're using a new DS. Most likely, your friend is mis-reading.

My new code, until Andrex updates the doc, is 2880 8998 0386

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom