• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anilones said:
Can someone explain how Black City/White Forest work? Are they open fully after you finish the game? From what I have read you need to connect locally to other people to populate them, is this correct?
Black city has trainers with rare pokemon and white forest has rare low level pokemon. In Black City there are 10 trainers but you only get new trainers when you connect with someone with the entralink. Same with white forest but you get different pokemon to find.

ultron87

Is there anyway in battle to see the current stat buffs/debuffs that are on your Pokemon? (Ie, can I see whether it's defense has been lowered or whatever?)

And how long do those effects last anyway?

Anilones

MatthewB92 said:
Black city has trainers with rare pokemon and white forest has rare low level pokemon. In Black City there are 10 trainers but you only get new trainers when you connect with someone with the entralink. Same with white forest but you get different pokemon to find.
When you say connect, is that locally? I only ask as I do not envisage meeting someone who has Pokemon for the forseeable future.

So even if I never connect to anybody else I can still fight 10 trainers in Black or capture exclusive Pokemon in White, just not as many as possible?

ultron87 said:
Is there anyway in battle to see the current stat buffs/debuffs that are on your Pokemon? (Ie, can I see whether it's defense has been lowered or whatever?)

And how long do those effects last anyway?

If you don't do something to even buffs/debuffs out or reset them altogether like Haze, they will apply as long as the Pokémon remains in play. Baton Pass allows you to pass them over though.

Wiseblade

Anilones said:
When you say connect, is that locally? I only ask as I do not envisage meeting someone who has Pokemon for the forseeable future.

So even if I never connect to anybody else I can still fight 10 trainers in Black or capture exclusive Pokemon in White, just not as many as possible?
Precisely.

Anilones said:

Yea locally only.
And if you never connect with it you will always have those same trainers or pokemon. They will never change until you connect to entralink with someone.

Glad that the Pokemart song got in. I was worried that since the shops were merged with the Pokemon Centers that the song would be gone. Such a soothing song.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
larvi said:
My Amazon order finally showed up!

DSCN0292e.JPG

The DSI's are for my daughters, they both recently had birthdays and I promised them the new pokemon game when it came out as a late present. They don't know yet that they are getting the new DSI's so they will be suprised when they get home. They are both still using an original model DS so they were due for an upgrade, I was waiting for a price drop on the DSI/Lite but figured what the heck an ordered these instead for them.

The additional copies of black and white are for me of course :)

Best dad ever.

Teknoman said:
I dunno. In an organized online tournament or friendly battles maybe, but randoms online...probably come across full legendary teams and players that dont know how to use them.

Speaking of which, does Zorua/Zoroark count as a legendary?

Most legendaries are banned in random matches.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Chet Rippo said:
Glad that the Pokemart song got in. I was worried that since the shops were merged with the Pokemon Centers that the song would be gone. Such a soothing song.

What town has it?

Also, looking at those rules above , "The pokemon can only know moves in its Generation V learnset", does this mean things like Surfing Pikachu can't be used? Are there notable moves a pokemon can learn in past games but not current ones? Or dose it just stop hacked pokemon from being used?

Gravijah said:
Oh god I can't figure out who to add to my team. Maybe I should just progress more into the game.

This is my problem, and why I am 20+ hours into the game and only just past the 4th gym. I either get a trade or get a new pokemon that I want to add to my team then level him up. It's damn addicting.

Andrex said:
Shiny Zorua looks ace but like most unevolved shinies, its shiny form looks lame. :(

I'm confused, are you saying you like Shiny Zorua but not shiny Zoruark? I think they both look pretty sweet in both shiny and non shiny form.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just noticed Chatot is banned in random matches. Lol.

RepairmanJack said:
I'm confused, are you saying you like Shiny Zorua but not shiny Zoruark? I think they both look pretty sweet in both shiny and non shiny form.

Shiny Zoroark is lame. Purple = LAME

yeb said:
Good morning, pokegaf. Would anyone be willing to help evolve my Gurdurr and Boldore?

1463 5574 1979

Just put them up on the GTS asking for the same pokemon :)

About to check if someones accepted my Boldore<-->Boldroe trade

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Chargestone Cave is sooooooo long...been in here for over an hour.

I never used it in past games, but I'm having fun using the Dowsing Machine in this game...it's so much simpler, and I'm picking up all these nice healing items. Normally I don't use healing items outside of the E4, but since I'm doing the "equal team" challenge in each Gym, it prevents me from having to keep going back to the PokeCenter and having to re-do the puzzles.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am just to lazy to bother to walk out of most of these elaborate gyms. That Roller Coaster takes a while to go though, and seems to reset!

Watch Da Birdie

Gym 8 is the worst...took me forever to get through it and, if you leave, you have to restart it.

vid

yeb said:
I want to keep my names, though. :(

Yay, I'll be on in a minute.

Alright, waiting in the Wifi Club. I'm chilling at work right now, so if I get distracted for a moment, it just means that customers came in and I'm helping them out.

Gravijah

Traded Pokemon bonus + Lucky Egg + Audino = Fufufu
Andrex said:
Shiny Zoroark is lame. Purple = LAME

Holy shit it's purple? I need that.

Edit: Eek, Solosis is so brittle. Hope I didn't pick the wrong Psychic to add to my team.

Gravijah said:
Traded Pokemon bonus + Lucky Egg + Audino = Fufufu

Yeah when I got my Zorua and started leveling with audino's with having an EXP share on him he jumped up to lvl 16 after one Audino. It was insane.

Gravijah said:
Holy shit it's purple? I need that.

This! Purple is not lame.

yeb

vid said:
Alright, waiting in the Wifi Club. I'm chilling at work right now, so if I get distracted for a moment, it just means that customers came in and I'm helping them out.
Every time I try trading with you, it says the connection with the other players has been lost. Why do I keep having problems with this wifi? :(

vid

yeb said:
Every time I try trading with you, it says the connection with the other players has been lost. Why do I keep having problems with this wifi? :(

Yeah, I keep seeing you try to connect, then it says you're gone. Maybe the system is just buckling under the weight of all of the Pokemon being flung to and fro. I'm starting to think that it was for the best that the Game Sync connection isn't available yet, if they're having this much trouble with just the GTS...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So apparently for some inane reason, Gamefreak has removed auto leveling from non-random wfc online battles.

There goes any interest I had in getting back in to competitive battling.

Teknoman

Zerokku said:
So apparently for some inane reason, Gamefreak has removed auto leveling from non-random wfc online battles.

It auto caps at 50, but yeah, if you are under 50...you're out of luck. Not sure why they decided to remove such a helpful feature though. Then again, it's really easy to level up this time around.

yeb

vid said:
Yeah, I keep seeing you try to connect, then it says you're gone. Maybe the system is just buckling under the weight of all of the Pokemon being flung to and fro. I'm starting to think that it was for the best that the Game Sync connection isn't available yet, if they're having this much trouble with just the GTS...
Yeah, I give up for now. Thanks though.

Watch Da Birdie

Doing Entralink right now...my US character is going into my JP character's game...

I crossed the bridge into Rusty's (my JP character) world, and I turned into a different trainer class...

Anyway, now I turned into a Machop (!!!), and I'm off to find Rusty and talk to him...I warped to where he is, Misaltron, and on BOTH games I can see myself walking around where he is. :D

By having Rusty talk to me, he received a Exp. Point Power, and I completed a mission...and now I can buy an item to increase my EXP. Gain for three minutes.

I don't really get this. 0.o

Teknoman said:
It auto caps at 50, but yeah, if you are under 50...you're out of luck. Not sure why they decided to remove such a helpful feature though. Then again, it's really easy to level up this time around.

They probably read about IV battles and decided it would be fun to get in people's way again.

also the post above mine reads like the pokémon equivalent of an acid trip wtf

Eteric Rice

Zerokku said:

The fuck? That's dumb as hell. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom