• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

BGBW said:
I just realised that badge shining is back. How they sparkle.

Sucks that I can't play Final Fantasy X's battle theme after polishing my badges anymore though. I used to do that on my Platinum game.

EDIT: Seems like Wiseblade hit the same note I did. GET IT?? NOTE? :D Eh...

Roto13

Woud anyone like to give me a Solosis (White exclusive) for one of my Cottonees (Black exclusive)? I'm number 53 on the Friend Code list, I think.

EDIT: Just got a few Gothitas (also Black Exclusive) so I can offer one of those instead of a Cottonee. Your choice.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chet Rippo said:
Damn it, I wish I could get my wifi working. I wanna trade pokemon/get my ass kicked so bad!
Well I hope I can get my Gurdurr evolved before I face the Elite Four.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
Do you need to trade him? Cause I still need to trade evolve one of my Pokemon.
Yeah it's a trade evolve. Tried to organise a trade yesterday but WiFi died on us.
I'll try again later when I get home.

Drkirby said:
Dwebble is such a great name. Dwebble Dwebble Dwebble <3
I liked Dwebble, but his evo is ugly. Made me sad. ;_;

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
gar3 said:
Hi all - I have a quick question for those who know the answer. I skimmed the entire topic and didn't see this mentioned and I apologize in advance if it was discussed and I simply missed it.

My wife and her sister currently use Pokemon Pearl via their DSes to voice chat. Neither are really interested in Pokemon so much as an easy VoIP alternative. Why? I don't know and really don't care, heh. Anywho, with the release of Black/White and the ability to video chat my wife asked whether they could start doing that. Now I have a DSi for Old People here in the US and her sister has a DSi in Japan. I just want to confirm that someone living in Japan using a JPN Black card in a JPN DSi can indeed video chat with someone living in the US using a US White card in a US DSi XL. I don't see why it wouldn't work but would rather know in advance if it doesn't before shelling out the $70 or so for the two games.
as far as I know, video chat works identical to VOIP without limitation (aside from only two video chat participants)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...I was in a Double Battle, and my Golett leveled up, but he still had yet to attack...I had chose to have him use Mega Punch, and I almost replaced it with Dynamic Punch, the new move he could learn upon leveling up, but decided not to due to low accuracy + only 5 PP.

I'm wondering what would've happened if I replaced Mega Punch...would he just not attack, or would he automatically switch to Dynamic Punch? I've never had that happen before. 0.o

farnham said:
when is the perfect timing to evolve my munna into a mushana ?

other people probably know better than me but,

not until it learns future sight, psychic, and dream eater. (psychic and dream eater are TM's though)

Drkirby said:
Seen doesn't count.
Do seen first then I go for have. Now I need someone to lend me a Thundurus for a couple of minutes lol. Does anyone have him? If so after I'm done I'll let that person borrow Tornadus to get Landorus.

Gravijah said:
Not like you could actually trade at this point anyway. :mad:
More importantly I want to battle other people. I can only take so many beatings from my brother before it gets old. Seriously, his Escavalier is some goddamn bullshit.

larvi

My Amazon order finally showed up!

DSCN0292e.JPG

The DSI's are for my daughters, they both recently had birthdays and I promised them the new pokemon game when it came out as a late present. They don't know yet that they are getting the new DSI's so they will be suprised when they get home. They are both still using an original model DS so they were due for an upgrade, I was waiting for a price drop on the DSI/Lite but figured what the heck an ordered these instead for them.

The additional copies of black and white are for me of course :)

Suairyu

Banned
Chet Rippo said:
Damn it, I wish I could get my wifi working. I wanna trade pokemon/get my ass kicked so bad!
What's wrong with your WiFi? WPA versus WEP? Tell me your details and maybe I can help you thar.

Boney

Banned
larvi said:

http://www.sammythieme.com/DSCN0292e.JPG[/IMG

The DSI's are for my daughters, they both recently had birthdays and I promised them the new pokemon game when it came out as a late present. They don't know yet that they are getting the new DSI's so they will be suprised when they get home. They are both still using an original model DS so they were due for an upgrade, I was waiting for a price drop on the DSI/Lite but figured what the heck an ordered these instead for them.

The additional copies of black and white are for me of course :)[/QUOTE]
That's pretty awesome dude.

Roto13

larvi said:

http://www.sammythieme.com/DSCN0292e.JPG[*/IMG]

The additional copies of black and white are for me of course :)[/QUOTE]
That's very sweet. :P

Roto13

I wish there was a way I could search for trades on the GTS by which Pokemon I want to offer, rather than which Pokemon I want to get for myself. There are a few Pokemon I have that I'd like to trade, but not for anything in particular. :p

Suairyu said:
What's wrong with your WiFi? WPA versus WEP? Tell me your details and maybe I can help you thar.
I'm not at home at the moment, but from what I remember I tried to connect but the security setting was preventing me, so I changed it from WPA to WEP, but it still wouldn't let me connect. The error message was vague and so was the accompanied support website. Nintendo's support site suggested to turn off this firewall, but there wasn't any option to do so on my settings. I'll try again tonight and see what I can do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rocky Helmet seems like a pretty useful item, would be great with a pokemon that has tons of Physical Defense, though I am sure most opponites in a wifi battle would be smart enough to switch to anther pokemon/a special move.

Gravijah

Hm, I want to get rid of Conkeldurr and Gigalith but I'm not sure what to replace them with... Might get rid of Scoliopede too...

Argh, I'm gonna end up spending hours rebuilding my team soon.

Drkirby said:
Rocky Helmet seems like a pretty useful item, would be great with a pokemon that has tons of Physical Defense, though I am sure most opponites in a wifi battle would be smart enough to switch to anther pokemon/a special move.

FERROTHORN.

BGBW said:
I've constantly been swapping Pokemon out of my team. Audinos make it really for Pokemon to catch up.

Even without the Audino trick, as long as you have an Exp Share and a Lucky Egg, exp scaling will allow you to train new recruits without much trouble.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
Hm, I want to get rid of Conkeldurr and Gigalith but I'm not sure what to replace them with... Might get rid of Scoliopede too...

Argh, I'm gonna end up spending hours rebuilding my team soon.
I've constantly been swapping Pokemon out of my team. Audinos make it really for Pokemon to catch up.

Teknoman

Drkirby said:

I dunno. In an organized online tournament or friendly battles maybe, but randoms online...probably come across full legendary teams and players that dont know how to use them.

Speaking of which, does Zorua/Zoroark count as a legendary?

Anilones

Can someone explain how Black City/White Forest work? Are they open fully after you finish the game? From what I have read you need to connect locally to other people to populate them, is this correct?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Teknoman said:
I dunno. In an organized online tournament or friendly battles maybe, but randoms online...probably come across full legendary teams and players that dont know how to use them.

No, Zorua is the only Event only Non-legendary. That is why you can breed it!

Roto13

Teknoman said:
I don't think so. You can breed them.

By the way, is Zoroark always female if you get it with a shiny legendary dog?

Recently swapped out Pansear for a Litwick and my Gurdurr for a Mienfoo, I'm unsure yet if they are better pokemon, but they look pretty. :)

I love the music in Opelucid and Icirrus City, and the additional instruments which happen if you are standing next to the right NPCs, such nice touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom