• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, through the Hi-Link, I can apparently give my character a 30-minute EXP Doubling bonus. :0

Eteric Rice said:
The fuck? That's dumb as hell. :(

Wait wait wait.... ARE YOU TELLING ME GAMEFREAK REMOVED AUTO LEVEL 50???

rage1.png

Eteric Rice

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Wait wait wait.... ARE YOU TELLING ME GAMEFREAK REMOVED AUTO LEVEL 50???

rage1.png

They removed auto-level to 100 from what I understand.

Which sucks, because I don't fucking feel like leveling up to 100. :(

Watch Da Birdie

Holy fuck.

I just beat a Simisear who was only one level higher than me, and my Boldore, with a Lucky Egg and the EXP. Boost I just got off Hi-Link, gained 5000 EXP. :0

It apparently only lasts for thirty minutes, so I need to get to ass-kicking!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:
They probably read about IV battles and decided it would be fun to get in people's way again.

Meh, there's always the rare candy method, and especially with how how you use items on Pokemon in this game, it's a lot easier too.

Eteric Rice said:
They removed auto-level to 100 from what I understand.

Which sucks, because I don't fucking feel like leveling up to 100. :(

Uhh you don't. You get to 50 and everyone is capped at that, like the Battle Tower in Gen 4.

Andrex said:
Meh, there's always the rare candy method, and especially with how how you use items on Pokemon in this game, it's a lot easier too.

Is there a convenient way to stock up on those besides AR/save editing this time around?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:
Is there a convenient way to stock up on those besides AR/save editing this time around?

Dunno, I assume you can buy them in the Battle Subway with BP.

Gravijah said:
hey andrex post more i'm starting to feel self aware ;(

Gravijah 176
Andrex 136
Suairyu 129
Izayoi 129
Teknoman 100

You could always try posting... less. I've been busy with the game so I haven't been posting as much as I could...

Acrylic7

my party
Whirlipede 27
Zebstrika 28
Tranquil 27
Drilbur 26
Pignite 29
Palpitoad 29
Who should I drop for a Psychic Pokemon. Its foolish to play a Pokemon game without a Psychic or Ghost Pokemon in your party. But everyone seems to be doing a good job. Maybe Zebstrika? But I need an Electric Type. ARG!

Reich

Watch Da Birdie said:
Holy fuck.

I just beat a Simisear who was only one level higher than me, and my Boldore, with a Lucky Egg and the EXP. Boost I just got off Hi-Link, gained 5000 EXP. :0

It apparently only lasts for thirty minutes, so I need to get to ass-kicking!

Where do you get Lucky egg?

Gravijah

Reich said:
Where do you get Lucky egg?

Automatically given around the 5th-6th badge.

Acrylic7 said:
my party
Whirlipede 27
Zebstrika 28
Tranquil 27
Drilbur 26
Pignite 29
Palpitoad 29
Who should I drop for a Psychic Pokemon. Its foolish to play a Pokemon game without a Psychic or Ghost Pokemon in your party. But everyone seems to be doing a good job. Maybe Zebstrika? But I need an Electric Type. ARG!

Drop Whirlpede after you enjoy his evolution for a bit.

Andrex said:
You could always try posting... less. I've been busy with the game so I haven't been posting as much as I could...

Can't help it. :(

Watch Da Birdie

You get it from Juniper in the Chargestone Cave.

My EXP Bonus from Hi-Link is about to run out, but I leveled up my dudes by like three levels each. :0

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
There'a a guy in anville town who'll give you 10 of a vitamins/rare candies every week. then there's Pickup and winning them at the battle subway.

But lvl 50 battles should be good enough to work out any IV to two numbers at worst.

Man, the presentation of the Pokemon League and the Elite Four...Much more epic than the previous games by far.

When going up against
Shauntal
, the whole
haunted library theme, complete with lightning strikes outside
made for an interesting experience.

And then, after beating the first four, walking
up that ridiculously huge staircase like I'm entering the home of the Greek gods, and then after [event], seeing that huge castle popping up out of the ground with the staircases smashing into the E4 building
...pretty cool. Can't wait to
get to the top of this giant castle...

D-Pad

Krokorok - 39
Simipour - 43 (just evolved him :D )
Servine - 40 (still has some ways to go before I let him evolve)
Escavalier - 39
Druddigon - 40
Swoobat - 38

After dr
agon spiral tow
er now, but before that, I tore that
iceee
gym up! Earlier, I thought I'd have problems with ice, but I just taught the only two who aren't weak to it some new moves, and they wiped da floor! It's great, because in HG my team was so unbalanced I had trouble passing almost any gym, and ended up trading someone here for a level 70 something Mewtwo just so I could beat the E4 and move on.

Are those spoilers? Who knows. I'm just playing it safe.

btkadams

Acrylic7 said:
my party
Whirlipede 27
Zebstrika 28
Tranquil 27
Drilbur 26
Pignite 29
Palpitoad 29
i don't think you neeeed a psychic pokemon. but if you really want one, i caught a psychic/flying pokemon called sigilyph in the desert resort area. you could switch it out with your tranquil and still have flying attacks.

Eteric Rice

Andrex said:

Uhh you don't. You get to 50 and everyone is capped at that, like the Battle Tower in Gen 4.

Oh, wait.

You guys are talking about using it to see what your IVs are?

Watch Da Birdie

Simipour just took out my whole team with Scald...my team basically can't deal with Water-types at all. :(

Im hoping that when the 3DS comes out the DSi will drop in price.

If so I will be purchasing one. Just so I dont have to deal with this network BS. I followed a billion steps online and cant get my iMac to share the network to my DSlite, it will with anything else though.

Damn you nintendo and your outdated tech.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The solution is clearly to not use a password!

I have been able to get my DSi to work just fine with a cheap USB Wifi adapter turned into an Access Point.

Forkball

Can you do six vs. six battles with your friend? I was disappointed that random match was only 3 vs 3. This isn't Battle Tower, this is real ass Pokemon.

Roto13

You know, the whole Elite 4 thing is kind of a shitty deal, when you think about it. Being better than the champion isn't enough. I have to be better than the champion and four other elite trainers combined. HOw is that fair? :p

Watch Da Birdie

My EXP Bonus just ended. :(

EDIT: And I just ran into an Audino...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Basically, one of the missions you can do via Entralink is where you give another player with Black or White an EXP Bonus that doubles there EXP. for 30 minutes...that's what I did, and had my JP character give my EN character that bonus. I think there's one more mission that bestows a 1 hour EXP Bonus, but I haven't got it yet.

It seems that you can do a mission once per game...i.e., not your game, but the one you're linking up to. So, I can't have my JP character give that Exp Bonus to my EN character again, but I could give it a different game if I linked up to it.

The person who completes the mission gets points to buy bonuses as well, but they're much smaller...only like a 3 minute EXP Bonus.

ryan-ts

Went to school early when I didn't have to, should be playing Pokemon right now : (

Also, about the Masuda Method. Can you just use a Ditto from Japan for it to work?

Teknoman

The way exp works now, along with rare appearance Pokemon giving a ton of exp, makes wi-fi battles being capped at 50/setting higher levels down to level 50 a non-issue. It just sucks for people trying to do battles pre level 50, since you could have parties of level 20+ vs 30+.

So while its not that big of a deal, it would have been nice if they just left wi-fi battles automatically level everything to have lvl 50 equivalent of their current stats.

D-Pad

PounchEnvy said:
Boo-urns. I've been spending all my time catching Pokemon. I'm not there yet.

I could trade you one if you'd like.

So, hey! I went to catch a Pokemon, and the pokeball only twitched once before locking down and capturing the Pokemon. What's that about?

Wait, I remember someone talking about that in the first OT... Anyone find out how it happened?

Teknoman

Forkball said:
Can you do six vs. six battles with your friend? I was disappointed that random match was only 3 vs 3. This isn't Battle Tower, this is real ass Pokemon.

I'd like to know this too. Random match being 3 v 3 is ok though, since they always seem to use that for random match ups online (PBR for example). I guess randoms just count as quick battles.

btkadams

D-Pad said:
I could trade you one if you'd like.

So, hey! I went to catch a Pokemon, and the pokeball only twitched once before locking down and capturing the Pokemon. What's that about?

Wait, I remember someone talking about that in the first OT... Anyone find out how it happened?
theres this new thing where you can have a throw that's about as rare as a critical hit. it dramatically increases the chance you catch it so you can actually catch it after the first shake, but it's not a guarantee you will catch it. i think i read that you can tell if it's going to be one when you throw the ball and stars or something come out of it? i'm not sure about the last part.

Wiseblade

MatthewB92 said:
I can't say the same :\
How are you going about it? have you got a false swipe Pokemon? do you have an easily catchable pokemon For Ditto to transform into? have you got a smoke ball on your lead so you can run away from the other battles in the area? That's what's really been helping me.

They only have a 15% encounter rate though, so that might be it too.

Eteric Rice

Teknoman said:
The way exp works now, along with rare appearance Pokemon giving a ton of exp, makes wi-fi battles being capped at 50/setting higher levels down to level 50 a non-issue. It just sucks for people trying to do battles pre level 50, since you could have parties of level 20+ vs 30+.

So while its not that big of a deal, it would have been nice if they just left wi-fi battles automatically level everything to have lvl 50 equivalent of their current stats.

Forgive me if I'm off here, but I haven't played Pokemon in a while.

When you battle online now, it auto levels your Pokemon to 50, weather they're level 80 or not?

Or is level 50 the max you can use online, and it doesn't auto-level if you're under 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom