• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Eteric Rice said:
Forgive me if I'm off here, but I haven't played Pokemon in a while.

When you battle online now, it auto levels your Pokemon to 50, weather they're level 80 or not?

Or is level 50 the max you can use online, and it doesn't auto-level if you're under 50?
i played with my team of level 28's versus a japanese player's level 50s :/ yeah it was so fun. fuck nintendo/gamefreak and their shitty online systems.

so it doesn't auto-level up, i think it just caps it at 50.

KJTB

Took a break, time to hop back in and experience the post story content :D

I hear that everything is ridiculously powerful after you beat the game... gonna be interesting.

Definitely going to take some time and level up my deino to 64 so I can get the three headed dragon of awesomeness :D

Wiseblade said:
How are you going about it? have you got a false swipe Pokemon? do you have an easily catchable pokemon For Ditto to transform into? have you got a smoke ball on your lead so you can run away from the other battles in the area? That's what's really been helping me.

They only have a 15% encounter rate though, so that might be it too.
I can't find them! I have zoroark in front so it can't transform though.

btkadams

fuck i have to leave for class in a half hour and i havent showered or eaten. this game is taking over my life. it's definitely giving me the same awesomeness i felt last year with soul silver. i just hope there is lots to do after beating the elite four
the first time

Knux-Future said:
Hope the game gets harder soon. Sawk made the second gym look pathetic. Dude was sweepin the leg all over the place.

It doesn't get harder if you set up your team right.

Like, by the time I finished the 8th gym, I had a Darmanitan, Samurott, Scrafty, Gothitelle, Gigalith, and Klang. Pretty nice set up even if it has nothing against dragons.

The 7th gym is especially pathetic.

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Same here, got one with two 31s (S.Atk and HP). Do you still need that Quiet Ditto? I caught one earlier.
Yes please!
I just checked my haul; it was terrible. out of six, four were natures I already had and one was serious. :/

Teknoman

Eteric Rice said:
Forgive me if I'm off here, but I haven't played Pokemon in a while.

When you battle online now, it auto levels your Pokemon to 50, weather they're level 80 or not?

Or is level 50 the max you can use online, and it doesn't auto-level if you're under 50?

btkadams said:
i played with my team of level 28's versus a japanese player's level 50s :/ yeah it was so fun. fuck nintendo/gamefreak and their shitty online systems.

so it doesn't auto-level up, i think it just caps it at 50.

Yeah:

Level 49 or under: Pokemon compete at their actual level
Level 50 or above: Pokemon retain their moves and EVs of course, but are set at level 50.

So if you want to fight a random battle, be prepared to face level 50s.
Fighting a friend code battle? Agree on a set level range beforehand, or just use level 50 and above Pokemon.

Gravijah

Replacing a lower PP move with something of higher PP makes you start off with whatever the max of the old move was... Like, 5/15. Is that new or have I just never noticed?

Gravijah said:
Replacing a lower PP move with something of higher PP makes you start off with whatever the max of the old move was... Like, 5/15. Is that new or have I just never noticed?

I think it's new, they probably didn't want you abusing unlimited TMs as a substitute for Ether.

Gravijah said:
This is new and it pisses me off!

Suairyu

Banned
I'll ask again for the new page: is anyone able to trade to me a Pokémon holding a lucky egg? Doesn't matter the Pokémon, I'd just like the egg.

I have every starter, multiple times, to offer in return.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
I'll ask again for the new page: is anyone able to trade to me a Pokémon holding a lucky egg? Doesn't matter the Pokémon, I'd just like the egg.

Are you looking for an extra? Because you get one as part of the story.

Wiseblade

Suairyu said:

I'm assuming you're FC's on the list?

I'm not really requesting anything in return, except that you have registered on geonet. :p

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
Around the 5th-6th.
Ah, not far off at all then.

But if anyone has a spare (like, able to catch Chansies) and wouldn't mind sending one off, that'd be also be cool.
Wiseblade said:
I'm assuming you're FC's on the list?

I'm not really requesting anything in return, except that you have registered on geonet. :p
Yeah, on the list. You too? So just anything in return? See you online soon?

edit - in the wific now

Delio

Guess i will try again. Anyone have a Smergle with false swipe,spore and mean look they are willing to spare for a bit?

D-Pad

Which move should I replace with iron defense, if any? I've been sitting at this screen for the last five minutes now trying to decide. :\

Escavalier:

Slash
Protect
Iron Head
X-Scissor

Has Pokesav made its way to Black and White yet? I can't stand having Pokemon with wretched IVs.

D-Pad said:
Which move should I replace with iron defense, if any? I've been sitting at this screen for the last five minutes now trying to decide. :\

Escavalier:

Slash
Protect
Iron Head
X-Scissor

Get rid of Slash.

Poyunch

D-Pad said:
I could trade you one if you'd like.

So, hey! I went to catch a Pokemon, and the pokeball only twitched once before locking down and capturing the Pokemon. What's that about?

Wait, I remember someone talking about that in the first OT... Anyone find out how it happened?
:p I'm good for now. I'm actually pretty close.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Has Pokesav made its way to Black and White yet? I can't stand having Pokemon with wretched IVs.
Really? Am he only one who still breeds for IVs? Or are you just changing things for the sake of the storyline?

Pyrokai said:
Is it not possible to breed Klink? It doesn't have a gender....

Does that mean it is impossible to get a lvl 1 Klink?

It is in the mineral group. Also, Ditto.

DarthWufei said:
Really? Am he only one who still breeds for IVs? Or are you just changing things for the sake of the storyline?

Well, I could use Pokesav to get the legitimate way of getting a perfect IV spread due to breeding, or, you know, I could just produce Pokemon with 31 IVs all across the board.

uhhh.... something really weird happened

i went to the gts to search for a pokemon, and an egg came out. i left to check the pc, and there was no egg... but a level 10 zorua in a premiere ball.

i'm very confused.

EDIT: holy shit it happened again

dangerbyrnes said:
uhhh.... something really weird happened

i went to the gts to search for a pokemon, and an egg came out. i left to check the pc, and there was no egg... but a level 10 zorua in a premiere ball.

i'm very confused.

Other users have stated this. I'm going to have to check it out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn gaf messing up, I push F5 on a page and I make a new post here.

Well, uh... The Rivals battle you far to often. I dread every time I seem them, one when you get to a town, one when you leave. LEAVE ME ALONE PEOPLE!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks again Forceatowulf. For some peculiar reason I could hear the evolution sounds on my end as well.

Wiseblade

Shed_a_Ninja said:
It is in the mineral group. Also, Ditto.

Well, I could use Pokesav to get the legitimate way of getting a perfect IV spread due to breeding, or, you know, I could just produce Pokemon with 31 IVs all across the board.

Boo! Pokésav is cheating, no two ways about it. Exploiting the RNG, however is perfectly legitimate. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom