• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well decided to go with petal dance over giga drain. While I'll miss the leeching, in game it's better just to kill enemies before they kill you.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is anyone here able to breed Mienfoo, Rufflet, Pawniard, Axew, Karrablast, Emolga or Throh?

If anyone is able and willing to breed any one of them for me please let me know.

dangerbyrnes said:
just checked, yep the zoruas OT is ceol.

but i haven't used that site since... well since i stopped playing pearl.

You probably left your nintendo wifi settings with that DNS on your ds. If you don't go and change it back to normal, it should always be trying to reach that DNS when you try to go online.

Plasmid

Is there any idea of what the master ball should be used for in white? I just caught cobalion with my third ultra ball.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The running Legendary Genie...either Tornadus or Thunderus, depending on your version.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Any ideas for a good hm slave? I'm carrying around a ducklett with surf and fly, and a ferroseed with flash and rock smash, my patrat in a box has cut, and what do you know, I find a cave where I need strength.

Plasmid said:
Is there any idea of what the master ball should be used for in white? I just caught cobalion with my third ultra ball.
Nothing. I have like three just sitting around in Diamond, I don't have the heart to use them.

Forceatowulf said:
Is anyone here able to breed Mienfoo, Rufflet, Pawniard, Axew, Karrablast, Emolga or Throh?

If anyone is able and willing to breed any one of them for me please let me know.

I can trade you a Throh if you want a bit later, its around 12-15 range i think

jman2050

*Goes to train on Audinos in route 16*

*Finds Cinccino, is intrigued, catches it*

*Discovers it has Tail Slap and Technician*

*Laughs maniacally while annihilating fourth gym*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Monroeski said:
Any ideas for a good hm slave? I'm carrying around a ducklett with surf and fly, and a ferroseed with flash and rock smash, my patrat in a box has cut, and what do you know, I find a cave where I need strength.
Well you don't really need HM slaves unless you are going for optional stuff.

If you evolve that patrat you can teach it strength.

Roto13

I just tried getting a Zoruas from the GTS but I got a Gothita instead. :p Which is the last pokemon I deposited for trade. (I already picked up the traded Pokemon earlier.)

Teknoman

Looks like I need to go catch some more Throh. Would be alot easier if I had fly instead of having to run back.

Oh and anyone know what the Battle Competition option is used for? Just a faster set up for tournaments?

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
Purrloin sucks... Just cut your losses and move on.

-sheds a tear-
Gravijah you weren't patient enough. It's just a late bloomer is all. My Purrloin is a deadly killing machine.

That you'd abandon a kitty is sickening.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
Gravijah you weren't patient enough. It's just a late bloomer is all. My Purrloin is a deadly killing machine.

That you'd abandon a kitty is sickening.

It was level 30 something! It sucked. :(

Pyrokai

Is there a place in the game that explains egg moves or is it all done through an external source like a website? I just want to know what Pokemon are in what groups. The games really should tell you if not.

Also, how do you guys know what natures are best for what Pokemon?

Plasmid

MatthewB92 said:
The roaming pokemon if you want.

Only took me about 1:30 to catch him, health down to a slim, used sing, next encounter i caught him with an ultra ball lol.

e:

Caught terrakion first ultra ball, his encounter rate is 5 wtf is this?

Will 151GTS be incorporated with Pokesav?

I don't want to go and buy a new Action Replay (my old one works perfectly with D/P/Pt) just to get Pokemon to have the right IV/EV spreads.

I am loving the type combinations that some of these Pokemon have, but I am hating how they always seem to have IVs around 10.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
BGBW said:
Well you don't really need HM slaves unless you are going for optional stuff.

If you evolve that patrat you can teach it strength.
...which I am, and it sucks having half my team out for this crap.

Plasmid said:
Only took me about 1:30 to catch him, health down to a slim, used sing, next encounter i caught him with an ultra ball lol.

e:

Caught terrakion first ultra ball, his encounter rate is 5 wtf is this?
You have black or white?

D-Pad

Can't wait until I can start growing leppa berries!

Eteric Rice said:
Is it me, or are there bad ass bug Pokemon for the first time since gen 1?

Heracross and Ninjask say "hello, how you doin'?"

Pyrokai said:
Also, how do you guys know what natures are best for what Pokemon?

You can check Smogon for standard sets, but if you've planned what you want to do with a Pokémon and know how natures affect stats it becomes sort of obvious.

Eteric Rice said:

DID YOU JUST DISS SCIZOR

Salsa

Eteric Rice said:

scolipede.png

damn right

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Shed_a_Ninja said:
Will 151GTS be incorporated with Pokesav?

I don't want to go and buy a new Action Replay (my old one works perfectly with D/P/Pt) just to get Pokemon to have the right IV/EV spreads.

I am loving the type combinations that some of these Pokemon have, but I am hating how they always seem to have IVs around 10.
doesn't programming your exact stats and whatnot kind of defeat the purpose of the game? I mean I always thought the entire purpose was to battle with the closest you can get given RNG in the game and the aspects you can control. But now what..... just program whatever you want through AR? weak.

Eteric Rice

I know there were a few in each generation, but there seems to be A LOT of them in this one. Even a legendary bug!

Anyway, question. When playing competitively, do they have tournaments that are like... Generation V pokemon only?

Because going through over 500 Pokemon to make a team would be a bit of a bitch.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wow. I just had a total n00b moment.

I forgot Zorua has transform ability and thought something was wrong with my game because I kept sending out what seemed to be Lilipup.

Owned by my own pokemon. smh

Forceatowulf said:

I forgot Zorua has transform ability and thought something was wrong with my game because I kept sending out what seemed to be Lilipup.

Happens to me all the damn time lol.

Forceatowulf said:

I had this exact thing happen to me. I almost turned off the game thinking it was some glitch. :lol

borghe said:
doesn't programming your exact stats and whatnot kind of defeat the purpose of the game? I mean I always thought the entire purpose was to battle with the closest you can get given RNG in the game and the aspects you can control. But now what..... just program whatever you want through AR? weak.

Don't have the time due to school/work.

Teknoman

Looks like Nintendo could hold official online tournaments using the battle competition option too (the global battle union entry in the manual makes it seem that way).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Shed_a_Ninja said:
Don't have the time due to school/work.
which is great, but if you play competitively then it's a shit excuse for people who also play competitively and manage it with time and work. if your doing this in your own game, whatever makes you happy really, but if you are planning on competing online (and especially in the new ranked matches) and planning on doing so with AR'ed pokemon, well... fuck you. keep that bullshit out of the games and confined to the simulators.

beje

Banned
I already found someone playing with the C-Gear on on the train back home, so I could test the Nexus Area (is it called this way in English?). It lets you do short missions around 3 minutes where you have to deliver a packet or something like that to the place the other person is playing on in real time. In this case, I gave him some kind of 30 minutes boost for Happiness and also got a "Black Point" which I suppose that can be used on Black City.

Couldn't see the anybody with a DS around so perhaps he was in another coach.

Merovin

Anyone around the 5th gym fancy a battle (if it works), just won the badge and want to see how my story team is holding up!

MGrant said:
It's not a millipede, it's one of these:

http://www.naturfotogalerie.de/galerie/galleries/sonst_wirbellose/TS_Scolopendra_cingulata_01.jpg[img]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra[/url]

But yes, the four legs are weird.[/QUOTE]
thank you for giving me nightmares :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom