• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Merovin said:
Nothing for me either, I haven't caught a single shiny and I've played every game! :(

I usually have bad luck with them but I managed to find a shiny Geodude and Ponyta in SoulSilver.

Mr. Sam

So, concerning the
fossils
in Relic Castle, is there a consensus? I've been putting it off and putting it off. I fought an Archen earlier and he wrecked my shit, so to speak.

Roto13

^^ Good thing you're not that weird kid with no life from that thread.

I've never caught a shiny in my own game save the Red Gyarados. I do have a gold Golem someone traded to me though. Apparently it's a big deal because it was a Graveller when I got it and those things tend to explode.

borghe said:
which is great, but if you play competitively then it's a shit excuse for people who also play competitively and manage it with time and work. if your doing this in your own game, whatever makes you happy really, but if you are planning on competing online (and especially in the new ranked matches) and planning on doing so with AR'ed pokemon, well... fuck you. keep that bullshit out of the games and confined to the simulators.

I don't mind facing hacked pokémon in battle as long as I don't have to deal with end results that are impossible to obtain legitimately. I mean no one forced me not to hack, I just chose that. I don't care how they do it I just fight what's in front of me. I don't feel disrespected or whatever.

Emitan

My Timburr just reached level 24 and is trying to learn Chip Away. His current moveset is Wake-Up Slap, Focus Energy, Rock Throw, and Low Kick. Should I replace one his Fighting moves, another move, or skip it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The first ever shiny I found was a Dusclops in Emerald...IN THE BATTLE PIKE! :0

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

However, I finally got lucky in my JP Black and found a Shiny Leavanny in shaking grass on Route 6, and I caught that motherfucker. Because of that, I've taken a liking to the Sewaddle-line. :)

Ryn

I still have yet to see a shiny pokemon. :(

Just beat the 6th gym leader in the black version. Reaalllly liking this game so far.

Merovin

Mr. Sam said:
So, concerning the
fossils
in Relic Castle, is there a consensus? I've been putting it off and putting it off. I fought an Archen earlier and he wrecked my shit, so to speak.

Archen is a beast, though his ability is something to make it debatable... I have both versions so I have both fossils, and I have taken a liking to Archen.

Snowman

I've never seen a shiny either, but I always have this fear that if one did pop up I just wouldn't notice and would totally miss my chance :(

Snowman said:
I've never seen a shiny either, but I always have this fear that if one did pop up I just wouldn't notice and would totally miss my chance :(

I thought this, but it makes it kind of obvious. At least in heart gold I think the music was different and stars were around the pokemon. Plus its a shock when you see a pokemon that is suddenly a different color. :lol

Woffls

I encountered a shiny Tentacool in SoulSilver last year. I got really excited and accidentally ran away from it :(

The Elite 4 are realllyyy hard :( My team is all around level 43, and I can't beat a single trainer without using items. I might have to check the weaknesses of each Pokémon they use and play it that way, but I usually like to just go in there and figure it out by attempting to beat them over and over. Normally this is fine because winning one battle means you've not lost any money, but if I can't beat one trainer then I'm just throwing money away!

Wouldn't be so bad if the Victory Road wild Pokémon were actually a respectable level.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently the chance of encountering a Shiny has increased though...it used to be
4/8192...

But now it's been raised to 6/8192!

Also, I hate the shiny Pokemon who are barely a different color...like Pikachu and Phanpy, for example, who are just a different shade of their natural colors. I want to find one of the dudes who totally change their color-scheme completely.

Merovin said:
Nothing for me either, I haven't caught a single shiny and I've played every game! :(

So get this, I have 2 Shinys!

A patrat, now a watchdog and a Woobat. Talk about lucky, and I've found a bunch of Throh even though I'm playing black.

It's about time after every gen not giving me a single shiny.

Ryn

Billychu said:
Not when they're all new.

Yeah, every time I see a new Pokemon I'm like "Whoa, what the fuck is that thing!?"

I wouldn't be surprised if I somehow accidentally killed a shiny and didn't know it. :| [Probably not the case]

D-Pad

Watch Da Birdie said:
Apparently the chance of encountering a Shiny has increased though...it used to be
4/8192...

But now it's been raised to 6/8192!

What an increase! I wonder why Game Freak gave in?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Merovin said:
Archen is a beast, though his ability is something to make it debatable... I have both versions so I have both fossils, and I have taken a liking to Archen.
Yeah he is pretty good and I feel bad for rejecting him based on first appearances. Now a proud member of the team. Shame about its ability.

Roto13

HenryGale said:
So get this, I have 2 Shinys!

A patrat, now a watchdog and a Woobat. Talk about lucky, and I've found a bunch of Throh even though I'm playing black.

It's about time after every gen not giving me a single shiny.
Aren't Throh more common in Black? I'm playing Black and I have a Throh but I've never seen a... whatever the other version of Throh is.

Roto13 said:
Aren't Throh more common in Black? I'm playing Black and I have a Throh but I've never seen a... whatever the other version of Throh is.

Sawk, and no it's the other way around I believe. Either way I run into sawk more than throh, but Ive seen a good amount of both white lvling up from audino

JackEtc

TheExodu5 said:
I can't figure out which version I want to buy. Someone convince me!
Black, because TRON.

Pokemon-Black-and-White-Black-City.jpg

TheExodu5 said:

I got both, but was only going to get black.

I figured with the plethora of good grass pokemon, and using a water starter, the fire legendary was more useful to me.

Roto13

TheExodu5 said:
Here's the way I think of it. For aesthetics, if you like cities, get Black, and if you like nature, get White. For practicality, if you want to transfer Pokemon from older versions, get Black, or if you want to be able to catch more old Pokemon, get White.

Ryn

Roto13 said:
Here's the way I think of it. For aesthetics, if you like cities, get Black, and if you like nature, get White. For practicality, if you want to transfer Pokemon from older versions, get Black, or if you want to be able to catch more old Pokemon, get White.

You can't transfer Pokemon from older versions in the white version?

Roto13

Ryn said:
You can't transfer Pokemon from older versions in the white version?
You can, but if you're going to do that, you don't really need the extra Pokemon you can catch in the White Forest since there's nothing new in it.

Just wanted to jump in and say that I have them from Amazon now! BUT I don't have a DS to play them on so ...

Oh, and I got them both from Amazon right ... so I just fond out that the promo bonus works for BOTH of them (So in other words I get $20 knocked off of my next buy! But sadly it only applies to NEW things in my cart ... I wanted to use them for my 3DS pre-order :/. But I just tried to order The Art of KFP and it came down to like 4-5 bucks so I guess thats worth it.)

Ok, now back to ignoring this thread until my 3DS comes and I can play along with yall ...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
TheExodu5 said:

I'm having teh same problem.. leaning towards white

but then which starter! I have no idea whats good about them

i hear there is a fire psychic type you can get, so i might for the first time not get a fire as my starter and save the fire spot on my team for the fire/psychic dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom