• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Ok, I just got in Chargestone Cave (I think that's the name) and now my level 41 Samurott doesn't seem to be getting any experience from battles, though I've only done a few in here. Is this a glitch or something? Any idea what's going on?
Edit: Switched lead pokemon and back and the exp returned. Still curious as to how that happened.

Roto13

Oh, I get it, Game Freak. Get me hooked on hunting Audino and then make them super annoying with the ability to put you to sleep or fall in love. I see what you did there. Jerks.

Suairyu

Banned
So why does Seismic Toss, a fighting move, not work as a super-effective move against Pokémon weak against fighting type moves? Every other move in Throh's repertoire is super-effective against ground, yet not Seismic Toss and I don't understand why.

Suairyu said:
So why does Seismic Toss, a fighting move, not work as a super-effective move against Pokémon weak against fighting type moves? Every other move in Throh's repertoire is super-effective against ground, yet not Seismic Toss and I don't understand why.
It always does damage equal to your level.

Teknoman

Regulus Tera said:
Got a Victini! :D

I kind of don't wanna train him. I feel like using legendary Pokeymen is cheating.

Trying to shake myself of that. I used to use Mewtwo, the birds, mew, and other legends in RBY/GSC, but ever since Pokemon games started to have large amounts of legendaries I just stopped. That and how it seems frowned upon to fight online with one.

Kurtofan said:
There are so many cool/cute bug pokemon it's crazy!
And I fucking hate bugs IRL

lol same situation for me.

Suairyu

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
It always does damage equal to your level.
Well that I know, I just thought it'd be level+bit more as a super effective. Bah.

On that note, how is it calculated? Because it's obviously not just a straight level=power conversion.

Kusagari

I forgot that I actually caught a shiny Heatran in Diamond. Encountered him on the first time I went to catch him. It's too bad that Heatran, even as a shiny, looks so lame though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Teknoman said:
Trying to shake myself of that. I used to use Mewtwo, the birds, mew, and other legends in RBY/GSC, but ever since Pokemon games started to have large amounts of legendaries I just stopped. That and how it seems frowned upon to fight online with one.
actually in most online events by default you can't use any of the legendaries (or the guy you can record your voice with)

Suairyu said:
Well that I know, I just thought it'd be level+bit more as a super effective. Bah.

On that note, how is it calculated? Because it's obviously not just a straight level=power conversion.
Level = damage, so a Lv100 will do 100 damage with Seismic Toss.

Good god, this game just keeps firing on all cylinders.

The music

OH GOD THE MUSIC

Somebody already mentioned that
Celestial Tower
music has a big Chrono Trigger feel to it. And the music outside of
Relic Castle
is giving me huge Majora's Mask vibes. I need the OST for this game stat

Also, fuck yes at getting not one but TWO
Experience Shares

Will the madness stop? I never thought anything would surpass Gen II as my favorite, but this one most certainly already has. I'm loving this so much that I'm tempted to go out and buy White version as soon as I'm done

Boney said:
Awesome that shinies are easier to get.
What you talkin bout son? I've only been able to skim this thread (I can't thoroughly read through five hundred new replies every day), but are the odds greater for finding a shiny this gen?

EDIT: Double post, fuck you, my Excadrill will impale your relatives, etc.

D-Pad

Mr. Paer said:
What you talkin bout son? I've only been able to skim this thread (I can't thoroughly read through five hundred new replies every day), but are the odds greater for finding a shiny this gen?
v
Watch Da Birdie said:
Apparently the chance of encountering a Shiny has increased though...it used to be
4/8192...

But now it's been raised to 6/8192!

Also, I hate the shiny Pokemon who are barely a different color...like Pikachu and Phanpy, for example, who are just a different shade of their natural colors. I want to find one of the dudes who totally change their color-scheme completely.

Mr. Sam

Merovin said:
Archen is a beast, though his ability is something to make it debatable... I have both versions so I have both fossils, and I have taken a liking to Archen.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up going for turtle boy. There's no room on my team for either but I figured there was especially no room for a bird pokemon. I've been lacking a decent water type. Something's gonna have to surf me around.

I've decided to try and get my entire first team fully evolved by the end of tonight. So that's Cofagrigus, Darmanitan, Throh and Musharna, with only Servine and Krokorok left to evolve. Thank goodness for Lucky Egg, eh?

AFAIK the increased shiny odds are exclusively for the Matsuda Method* of Pokemon Breeding, and wild encounters are still set at 1/8192.

*Breeding two Pokemon of different regions (eg Japan and Europe) in the daycare.

I'm breeding Scythers right now. Not that I want a shiny particularly, but because its a fun distraction. And I'm sure False Swipe is useful. I might consider donating Scythers to anyone who wants one.

Teknoman

Forkball said:
Honestly, is there any reason to turn C-Gear on right now?

Only if you're near others who might be playing, or if you want to access certain wi-fi features while away from the center.

Andrefpvs

MatthewB92 said:
Did you guys not know of the pokeradar way from D/P/Pt to get a shiny?

I was seriously good at this. Got a bunch of legit shinies, including Corsola (blue <3), Phanpy (it's the freaking same :|), Magnemite (MetalMagnemiteMon) and Shinx (yellow).

It felt so good to see that shining turf of grass.

Well, beat the game, with
Zekrom replacing my Unfezant
for the final match. It was a good thing too...
both matches
was pretty hard (my team was level 45 average, and
Ghetsis' Hydreigon
was crushing my team repeatedly).

Also, the ending theme is so awesome. Reminds me of Sakuraba a little bit. Or at the very least, like something that would play in Golden Sun's endgame.

Now, to find
the six Sages!

Woffls

Is it possible to see all the Unova Pokédex before getting the National Dex? And when does that happen, straight after you beat the Elite 4?

I was kinda hoping to complete it before moving on is all, because the Unova Pokémon will be much easier to find before the others get in the way, surely?

Woffls said:
Is it possible to see all the Unova Pokédex before getting the National Dex? And when does that happen, straight after you beat the Elite 4?

I was kinda hoping to complete it before moving on is all, because the Unova Pokémon will be much easier to find before the others get in the way, surely?
You get the national dex after the E4.

How exactly does the dowsing machine work? Do you just activate it and keep it on the bottom screen, and it will light up when something is nearby? Do you ever find items with it that are actually worthwhile?

Teknoman

Mr. Paer said:
How exactly does the dowsing machine work? Do you just activate it and keep it on the bottom screen, and it will light up when something is nearby? Do you ever find items with it that are actually worthwhile?

It directs you towards items on the ground (just keep it on the bottom screen).

Did Nintendo ever let people catch Arceus legit outside of Japan? They better not pull any punches with unlockable areas in B/W.

Merovin

Mr. Sam said:
Thanks for the advice. I ended up going for turtle boy. There's no room on my team for either but I figured there was especially no room for a bird pokemon. I've been lacking a decent water type. Something's gonna have to surf me around.

I've decided to try and get my entire first team fully evolved by the end of tonight. So that's Cofagrigus, Darmanitan, Throh and Musharna, with only Servine and Krokorok left to evolve. Thank goodness for Lucky Egg, eh?

Turtle boy is pretty sweet as well, I'm just a sucker for speed! Lucky Egg is amazing! The exp boost you can get from entralink though, wow!
Servine and Krokorok? Those two sound familiar! :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mr. Paer said:
Activate it and when you are close to something it will point you in the right direction. One of the easiest and best ones yet.

Wiseblade

Mr. Paer said:
Exactly. Just leave it on and it'll point in the direction of any nearby items. It starts of with simple stuff: a Potion here, a Poké Ball there, but before long you're getting Full Restores and Nuggets. There's absolutely no reason not to use it all the time.

Suairyu

Banned
Mr. Paer said:
Exactly that. It points you in the right direction, and indicates when you're directly above. I'm up to route six, I've been finding moderately useful items (was better earlier on when I couldn't afford lots). No idea if you find rare items or not.

Mafro

Love the emo fringe:
607.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom