• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Suairyu said:
Exactly that. It points you in the right direction, and indicates when you're directly above. I'm up to route six, I've been finding moderately useful items (was better earlier on when I couldn't afford lots). No idea if you find rare items or not.
I'm curious how to quick switch stuff on the bottom screen. I checked the boxes on certain key items like that thingie in the quote, but i keep having to enter the menu to switch between them. This is probably stupidly easy to do, but I have no idea how to do it.

Merovin

Dartastic said:
I'm curious how to quick switch stuff on the bottom screen. I checked the boxes on certain key items like that thingie in the quote, but i keep having to enter the menu to switch between them. This is probably stupidly easy to do, but I have no idea how to do it.

Press Y, and it'll bring up a list of the items you've selected through the box checking.

Dartastic said:
Hit Y

Boney

Banned
Mafro said:
Love the emo fringe:
607.png
Gravijah has that in shiny form

Roto13

Dartastic said:
Check the box next to the item, not at the bottom of the item screen.

Doodlebug

I have no older pokemon to transfer and liked to look/type of White's legendary more, so I went with that.

Is anyone not playing on a DSi or DSi XL? Am I missing out with only a Lite?

Mafro

Boney said:
Gravijah has that in shiny form
Lucky bastard. It's possibly my favourite design of the new 'mon.

The only shiny I've ever caught was the Gyarados thats given to you ffs. I've never even a shiny in the wild :'(

Roto13

Doodlebug said:
I have no older pokemon to transfer and liked to look/type of White's legendary more, so I went with that.

Is anyone not playing on a DSi or DSi XL? Am I missing out with only a Lite?
The only things you're missing out on are video chat and WPA compatibility.

this is my first Pokemon game since RED! lol am I going to be really over whelmed or will the game do an ok Job of holding my hand?

I picked up white last night.

Roto13

TheExodu5 said:
So if I wanted to get an old Pomemon like Charmandet into this game, how would I go about doing it?
Finish the game and transfer one over. Or trade for one. For Charmander specifically, anyway. There are places to catch some older Pokemon after the Elite 4.

EDIT: Apparently it's possible to get one in the Dream World, but that feature won't be active until the end of the month.

Mr. Sam

JetBlackPanda said:
this is my first Pokemon game since RED! lol am I going to be really over whelmed or will the game do an ok Job of holding my hand?

I picked up white last night.

It's very handholdy, don't worry. You wanna get more advanced - which isn't really necessary - and there's a multitude of people here willing to help out.

Forkball

Wow, I didn't know you could catch the other monkeys. I thought one was just given to you and to get the others you had to trade.

Suairyu

Banned
Wait, Archens are extinct Pokémon that only exists because the protagonist revived it from a fossil. What are random trainers doing with them?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suairyu said:
Wait, Archens are extinct Pokémon that only exists because the protagonist revived it from a fossil. What are random trainers doing with them?
How does a random trainer have a pokémon from a tower no one has entered for hundreds of years?

Mr. Sam

Suairyu said:

Weird, I know. Haven't come across anyone with a Tirtouga though.

Ondore

For those looking for Cryongal (the 1% thing near Icirrus), it's the highest leveled Pokemon in the place during the fall at L31.

So if you have something L31, you can stick it in front, use Repels, and dramatically up the odds of getting your ice mirror. It's how I got wild Steelix back in Heart Gold.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So am I the only idiot that keeps leaving the pokemon center to go to the market only to remember that the markets are now in the pokemon center?

It would be fine if I did this once or twice... but I've done it consistently since I've been playing.

It's kind of difficult to forget everything you've gotten used to for 15 years.

JackEtc

Pyrokai said:
You and me both, brotha!
GOT HIM FINALLY.

7th attempt, 11 great balls, 2 ultra balls, a ton of super potions to keep my Dewott alive, and 6 Pokeballs. FINALLY caught him with the REGULAR pokeball.

Kurtofan

Suairyu said:
There are more than one fossil(not in game), they're just super rare.

zumphry

Banned
Beat Elesa's gym early this morning, I would've hated those damned Emolga's if it wasn't for the fact that my (ex)Blitzle is a awesome death machine that I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep over a Joltik.

Cold Storage
18:25|4 Badges|57 Seen/35 Caught

CUoDp.png
Han the Servine: Level 28

RJ4Lc.png
Buddha the Darumaka: Level 28

GmMcs.png
Blitzkreigh the Zebstrika: Level 28

CGQmQ.png
Sandy the Sandile: Level 28

Y36X4.png
Bono the Panpour: Level 29

fLw1R.png
Twitter the Tranquill: Level 28

ok i was against using a chandelure during my play through because it needed dusk stone, but actually seeing litwick in front of me makes me not care about using a dusk stone anymore.

Plasmid

Okay, I love this game, i really do, but i honestly feel as if catching pokemon is so much easier, in the old games, mewtwo took 40-50+ balls to catch.

I just used 3 ultra balls on
Kyurem, a level 75
Dragon pokemon, the toughest in the game, yeah, he had a slim of health, but no sleep, no parlyz anything, i mean, i'm happy i've got it, but now what? That's the strongest one in the game.

This masterball is gonna just sit in my inventory.

also There's a girl who wants a ditto for her rotom, has anyone done this trade?

Ryn said:
Holy shit, just ran into this little guy

cubchoo.png

So cute! :]

Any chance you'd be willing to catch one and give it to me? Cubchoo is my favorite and all I want is to go through the game with him as part of my team, but I heard it'll be a while before I see one...

TheExodu5

Banned
Alright I picked up White. I figured I should since I have no Pokemon to transfer from previous games (save for a few from Pearl). How do I transfer them anyways?

It's a shame the walker isn't supported. Was looking forward to taking Shinx for walks to work. :(

Andrefpvs

Okay guys, honest indecision here: I don't know if I should drop my Throh for my new GTS's Conkeldurr (evolved Gundurr). Stat-wise, Conkeldurr has better Attack and Defense, while Throh has better everything else. Throh has a crap-ton of EVs, Conkeldurr has nothing yet.

I just don't know which one to take, and the Pokémon Centre theme is starting to get on my nerves.

Anth0ny

Got Victini with my 30th Ultra Ball, first try. Got him to red health, no status changes.

Used my master ball on
Thundurus. Thank god there's only one roaming Pokemon, using that master ball was an easy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom