• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Okay guys, honest indecision here: I don't know if I should drop my Throh for my new GTS's Conkeldurr (evolved Gundurr). Stat-wise, Conkeldurr has better Attack and Defense, while Throh has better everything else. Throh has a crap-ton of EVs, Conkeldurr has nothing yet.

I just don't know which one to take, and the Pokémon Centre theme is starting to get on my nerves.
Almost every move of Throh's is a special attack. Throh has superior special attack stat. Thus Throh wins. Slightly worse defense compensated by superior HP.

Throh is the boss.

Plasmid

justin12140 said:
Ok, im about to buy this on amazon. Does anyone have any suggestions on which version I should buy?

If you like battling, black for later in the game, if you like catching pokemon, white.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Andrefpvs said:
Okay guys, honest indecision here: I don't know if I should drop my Throh for my new GTS's Conkeldurr (evolved Gundurr). Stat-wise, Conkeldurr has better Attack and Defense, while Throh has better everything else. Throh has a crap-ton of EVs, Conkeldurr has nothing yet.

I just don't know which one to take, and the Pokémon Centre theme is starting to get on my nerves.
I don't know much about Conkledurr. But I do know Throh's move-pool is pretty awesome. He also learns some good TM's.

Roto13

How the fuck does a Dewott turn into something like a Samurott? How is going from being a biped to a quadruped evolution?

Andrefpvs

Suairyu said:
Almost every move of Throh's is a special attack. Throh has superior special attack stat. Thus Throh wins. Slightly worse defense compensated by superior HP.

Throh is the boss.

I'm sure you meant physical attacks, and yeah, I think I'll stick with Throh. I have zero complaints about him so far, has been perfect, was just wondering if there was something even better.

Forceatowulf said:
I don't know much about Conkledurr. But I do know Throh's move-pool is pretty awesome. He also learns some good TM's.

Yeah, Revenge in particular has won me countless battles. Dat low Speed stat!

Thanks guys, final question. I have Storm Throw which is his signature move, but that attack only has 80 power after the guaranteed critical hit. Is there anything better he can learn as far as "immediate" use Fighting-type physical attacks with no drawbacks (such as loss of attack power) are concerned?

Ryn

robotzombie said:
Any chance you'd be willing to catch one and give it to me? Cubchoo is my favorite and all I want is to go through the game with him as part of my team, but I heard it'll be a while before I see one...

Sure! I just nabbed one, my FC's: 2193 6957 0640

I hate EVs and IVs. The different natures are cool but EVs and IVs add this other layer that makes this game far too frustrating and I'm not even that OCD about it.

Suairyu

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
I'm sure you meant physical attacks, and yeah, I think I'll stick with Throh. I have zero complaints about him so far, has been perfect, was just wondering if there was something even better.?
SO I did, silly Veekun has weird icons. BUT THROH STILL WINS because he looks awesome.

Can anyone trade? I just need to evolve my Gurdurr if its not to much trouble. Fc is on the list.

Btw I keep voice chat off...I just don't like talking online.

Wiseblade

Andrefpvs said:
I'm sure you meant physical attacks, and yeah, I think I'll stick with Throh. I have zero complaints about him so far, has been perfect, was just wondering if there was something even better.

Yeah, Revenge in particular has won me countless battles. Dat low Speed stat!

Thanks guys, final question. I have Storm Throw which is his signature move, but that attack only has 80 power after the guaranteed critical hit. Is there anything better he can learn as far as "immediate" use Fighting-type physical attacks with no drawbacks (such as loss of attack power) are concerned?
Without drawbacks? Not really., Storm throw's really good. After STAB and Critical, it has 120 power, and ignores all opposing defense boosts. But Throh does have a decent trick involving Superpower. because critical hits ignore your attack decreases your can use Storm Throw at full power after using Superpower. It's just a shame there aren't/he can't learn similar moves as that with a different typing...

Wiseblade

Jamesfrom818 said:
I hate EVs and IVs. The different natures are cool but EVs and IVs add this other layer that makes this game far too frustrating and I'm not even that OCD about it.
I can understand the hate for IVs, but EVs? They're a piece of cake.

Doodlebug said:
I have no older pokemon to transfer and liked to look/type of White's legendary more, so I went with that.

Is anyone not playing on a DSi or DSi XL? Am I missing out with only a Lite?

lol, i have an original DS in bright blue.

i don't think im missing much.

Andrefpvs

Wiseblade said:
Without drawbacks? Not really., Storm throw's really good. After STAB and Critical, it has 120 power, and ignores all opposing defense boosts. But Throh does have a decent trick involving Superpower. because critical hits ignore your attack decreases your can use Storm Throw at full power after using Superpower. It's just a shame there aren't/he can't learn similar moves as that with a different typing...

Oh, I didn't know STAB was added before Critical Hit bonus. That's cool! Thanks.

I was also unaware that it ignored defense boosts. Is this for sure? Neither Serebii, Bulbapedia or Veekun mention that effect.

EDIT: Oh, you meant Critical Hits ignore defense boosts. Got it.

Insaniac

Jamesfrom818 said:

IVs are a little annoying since it takes time to find a pokemon w/ the right stats, but EVs wouldn't nearly be as annoying to deal with (for me at least) if the game would keep track of it for me

Wiseblade

Andrefpvs said:
Oh, I didn't know STAB was added before Critical Hit bonus. That's cool! Thanks.

I was also unaware that it ignored defense boosts. Is this for sure? Neither Serebii, Bulbapedia or Veekun mention that effect.
Storm throw itself doesn't ignore defense boosts, but critical hits do.

WiiRevolution1 said:
Can anyone trade? I just need to evolve my Gurdurr if its not to much trouble. Fc is on the list.

Btw I keep voice chat off...I just don't like talking online.

I can help if you still need someone

Emitan

Gurdurr is a trade evolve? Anyone want to trade with me later tonight? I'm in class right now :/

EDIT: FC isn't in Google docs because it's going to change when I get a 3DS. Will post FC when I get home.

Wait wait, so if I bike on the same route as the Day Care Center, the old man will shout at me to tell me that an egg was made? Niceness.

AniHawk said:
HOLY SHIT I NOW HAVE TWO BADGES AND 9 POKEMON AND EVERYONE WHO FACES ME DIES A FIERY DEATH AND I STEAL THEIR MONEY

That made me laugh much more than it should have.

Also I've hatched a Magikarp whose IV and nature are satisfactory. Gotta start building a more viable team to tackle the Battle Subway, and I kinda feel the need to resort to good old Dragon Dance sweep.

Kuugrr

Can anyone help me out with evolving a Girdurr? I also have an extra Sawk for your troubles if you're playing White and couldn't find one.

FC: 0905 2075 1638

Blooper

Neo Member
Kuugrr said:
Can anyone help me out with evolving a Girdurr? I also have an extra Sawk for your troubles if you're playing White and couldn't find one.

FC: 0905 2075 1638
I can help you evolve yours if you help me evolve mine :D

I'll be like 10 mins if you can wait.

Zzoram

I don't get why they don't let you overwrite HMs. It's not like you'll ever be screwed by it, you can always teach them to another Pokemon since they're reusable.

Ryn

Man, the 7th gym leader
was a total joke. I just used my lvl 37 Darmanitan. Fire Punch 3 times (1 for each Pokemon he had) and boom, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom