• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
So anyways, how do I get this special fire psychic Pokemon?

Also, thoughts on the starters? I usually take Fire since they're the late bloomers, but since I get that Fire Psychic, I'm not sure if I should or not. I did get Pokemon White though, so I won't be getting the Fire Legendary.

Emitan

TheExodu5 said:
So anyways, how do I get this special fire psychic Pokemon?

Also, thoughts on the starters? I usually take Fire since they're the late bloomers, but since I get that Fire Psychic, I'm not sure if I should or not. I did get Pokemon White though, so I won't be getting the Fire Legendary.
On Main Menu go to Mystery Gift and pick WiFi. You'll get the Pass. Then in the main city area with the docks, go to the last one and board the ship.

Max

I am not Max
Kirbyguy said:
Thanks

And where do I download this Liberty Pass? I can't figure it out the online functions on this game are confusing, as always

Edit: Oh, answered right above me :lol

Pagusas

Elden Member
kiryani said:
Finally bagged myself an Oshawott in the GTS
It has a crazy japanese name :(

breed it, get an egg and walk till it hatches, then name it what ever you want :) fresh american Oshawott

Kuugrr

Blooper said:
Alright, FC is 2021 9014 2266, will be on shortly

ugh, sorry connection issues, will be 5 minutes if you are still here. sorry again :(

Hey, dude. Do you want it to learn Dynamic Punch or should I just tell it no?

TeegsD

My friend said that he has gotten 2 exp. shares in the game. How do you manage that in these games? I'm going on to the 4th badge and I haven't seen one yet.

Achtius

There are two one in Battle Company's 55F of Castelia City and the other in the pokemon fan club in Icirrus (that or Opelucid) forgot which

Emitan

BLSwagger10 said:
My friend said that he has gotten 2 exp. shares in the game. How do you manage that in these games? I'm going on to the 4th badge and I haven't seen one yet.
You missed one in the third badge city. You get it on the 55th floor of one of the buildings left of the Pokecenter.

Ravidrath

TheExodu5 said:
So how do you get a shiny legendary? Aren't shinies super rare, and isn't there only 1 of each legendary in the game?

Save before the battle and keep retrying until it's shiny.

Basically means you'll want to use a Master Ball, though, because acccidentally KO'ing it or running out of balls would be incredibly painful.

So I just got this game, and so far it's pretty cool. It's my first Pokemon game since Ruby/Sapphire. I chose Tepig and named it Beer Can because if you say "beer can" in a British accent, it sounds like you're saying "bacon" in a Jamaican accent. Get it? haha...

Anyway, I'mma go back to playing now. I can already tell this game will be like crack.

Achtius

NPC just told me there is strange phenomenon happening (thundestorm) in route 7. I assume thundurus is there, but i can't find it...do i just run in the grass to find him?

Acrylic7

Ravidrath said:
Save before the battle and keep retrying until it's shiny.

Basically means you'll want to use a Master Ball, though, because acccidentally KO'ing it or running out of balls would be incredibly painful.
People don't really do that, do they?
because that's just unbearable.

Ravidrath

Achtius said:
NPC just told me there is strange phenomenon happening (thundestorm) in route 7. I assume thundurus is there, but i can't find it...do i just run in the grass to find him?

There's a little event there when you go near one of the houses that will make him show up and start roaming ala Entei, etc.

TheExodu5 said:
What are the odds of a Pokemon being shiny?

1 in 8192.

Acrylic7 said:

Some people actually do.

Zzoram

Acrylic7 said:

It's no different than grinding for months for some sword.

In Pokemon, the Pokemon are the loot.

TheExodu5 said:
Dear...god...

Is there a clear indicator that a pokemon is shiny? I wouldn't know since I'm barely familiar with any past 151.

They're supposed to be different colour than the normal version of that Pokemon. Also supposedly there is a sparkle animation on them.

Ravidrath

TheExodu5 said:
Dear...god...

Is there a clear indicator that a pokemon is shiny? I wouldn't know since I'm barely familiar with any past 151.

Yeah, it plays a little sparkly animation when it comes out.

The chances that the first time you ever see a new Pokemon and have it be shiny are very small, though, and the color differences are quite noticeable usually.

Eteric Rice

TheExodu5 said:
Dear...god...

Usually it'll flash with stars or something. No idea how it looks in BW. They are also different color than normal.

Example...

Normal Charizard.

Spr_5b_006.png

Shiny Charizard.

Spr_5b_006_s.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Can you trade in Pokemon from previous generations at any time, or do you have to wait until after you beat the game?

I could sure use a ditto right now.

Axion22

My shiny Raticate was about the same color, so keep your eyes peeled for the sparkle animation. So subtle a difference was Raticate that I had to catch another to compare side-by-side.

Ravidrath

Monroeski said:
Can you trade in Pokemon from previous generations at any time, or do you have to wait until after you beat the game?

You have to beat the game and get to the place where you do it, or find one through a friend first.

D-Pad

Achtius said:
I got no
ice pokemon
at the
8th
gym. and
Blizzard
keep missing!!! worst 70k spending ever!
Me neither. I got only one
dragon
move and it's attached to a
dragon
pokemon. My best bet is to use someone completely neutral. :\

Achtius

Billychu said:
Anyone want to trade with me to evolve my Gurdurr? FC is 2580 2513 3353

Sure, My FC is 1205 8577 8884. First time trading so be patient with me! :p

Edit: where do i go..wireless?

D-Pad said:
Me neither. I got only one
dragon
move and it's attached to a
dragon
pokemon. My best bet is to use someone completely neutral. :\

thunder wave their pokemon and use dragon to dragon claw them to death! that's what i did.

Zzoram

Monroeski said:

Isn't ditto awful? I think even though it clones the Pokemon it faces, it keeps it's own stats.

TheExodu5

Banned
How the hell do I connect to Wi-Fi for this game? I set up access to my WPA router using Connection 4 in the DSi menu. In game, I click connection settings and it tells me to go through the DS system settings to set up Wi-fi.

I was under the impression that the game was WPA compatible?

edit: oh...I had to go through Nintendo WFC and not wireless...lol

Roto13

kiryani said:
Finally bagged myself an Oshawott in the GTS
It has a crazy japanese name :(
If the crazy Japanese name is its actual Japanese name and not a nickname, it will be gone when he evolves.

yeb

I have a Gurdurr and Boldore I need to evolve too. Anyone want to help?

1463 5574 1979

I've had problems the last couple times I've tried, I can never seem to get to the trading screen. Hope it works out this try.

D-Pad

Achtius said:
thunder wave their pokemon and use dragon to dragon claw them to death! that's what i did.

I got glare but my
dragon is slowerthan theirs and dies in one hit.
Got grind again. >:___(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom